Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

You Don’t Make Money Blogging By Actually Blogging..................... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Don’t Make Money Blogging By Actually Blogging..................... (350 Views)

How To Earn Money Blogging $4K Monthly & Up Using Wordpress - Videotutorial / Uncommon Ways To Make Money Blogging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Don’t Make Money Blogging By Actually Blogging..................... by wealthall(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2016
People think blogging is easy. They are right too.

To blog all you have to do is write content and post it on your website. Easy.

But to make money blogging, actually blogging (writing) is the worst way to go about it.

THE PROBLEM WITH WRITING BLOGS TO MAKE MONEY
There are more websites today than ever before.

Simply blogging about a topic, using the best SEO practices and keyword placement is not going to make you money in the short-term. It might not make you money ever.

If you think writing 10, 50 or 100 articles is the way to make money blogging, your fingers are going to be in a lot of pain with very little to show for it.

This method would have worked in 2005, but not in 2016.BLOG LESS, PROMOTE MORE
Have you started a blog before on something you were passionate about, wrote amazing content that cannot be found anywhere else online and was of immerse value to your niche, but it never got read?

I’ve been there before and maybe you’re experiencing this right now.

The solution is not to create more awesome content but that will never be seen, as within a few months you’ll end up giving up on your website thinking you did something wrong or the niche just wasn’t profitable.

When the reason you failed was because you didn’t promote your website!

Posting your article on social media, or linking it on Reddit, Digg or relevant forums is not what I consider ‘promoting your articles’. That’s just being lazy and putting in minimum effort.

Place an advert on Facebook promoting your content to the relevant audience, guest post on other websites that have a similar customer profile and join Facebook groups like I talked about here to get your content to the masses.

APPLY THE 80-20 RULE
80% of a blogger’s time should be spent promoting their articles, only 20% should be spent writing. In fact, if you have the money outsource the writing.

If one of your articles is applicable to 100 people it means it’s applicable to 100,000 people. So why don’t you serve your article to 100,000 people instead of stopping at 100?

It’s because getting your content in front of the right people is a lot harder than writing new topics. I know, like I said, I’ve been there.

FIND THE WINNING FORMULA
It can take some time to locate the right mediums to promote your articles and bring in targeted traffic. It’s not easy and with hundreds of similar sites to choose from, everything from your content, website layout to the way you promote must be spot on for things to work.

But once you build a steady following and spend time finding avenues that work best for driving traffic, everything becomes easier… and the money starts rolling in.

PRODUCE MORE CONTENT WHEN YOU HAVE A FOLLOWING
Once your website starts driving a few hundred visitors (500+) daily, then it’s time to speed up your content production, not before! If you spend all your time writing content, your time will be wasted and you’ll give up.

HOW I START ALL NEW BLOGS
If you’re thinking about setting up a blog but have yet to do so, follow the exact steps I do. Which are:

Setup a website
Create 4 articles that all have an end goal
Start promoting

Step 2 is the most important. Each of your articles must have a goal, this is how you measure how useful your content really is. The goal could be to collect opt-ins, which you measure by placing a form at the bottom of a blog post to see how many people sign-up.

You could be promoting an affiliate product, in which case you can measure how many sales you make.

If you find your content not to be converting, consider looking at:

How you drive traffic
The quality of your content

If your content is great then the quality of traffic may be a problem, is every traffic medium bringing you your ideal reader? If not, re-assess your methods and try again.

Perhaps your traffic is highly targeted but you’re still not converting. Then perhaps consider hiring a content writer to improve the quality of your work. Sometimes it can be a combination of the two.

It’s also worth looking at your website bounce rate and how many pages visitors spend reading. The lower the bounce rate and the higher the page views is another positive indicator that your blog is of value and the audience targeted.

SUMMARY
For aspiring bloggers, there’s no reason to create more than 4-6 blog posts when you start out. You won’t rank well on Google so you won’t be found organically, your only hope is to promote your blog – so do it!

Are any of you thinking or struggling running a blog, what are your biggest issues?

https://onlineprenuer.com

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Join Bloggers Here And Learn New Things / 11k+ Fb Group For Sale At A Very Cheap Price (sold) / where to get backlins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.