Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,234 members, 7,860,492 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:39 AM

What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) (2874 Views)

"My Wife Wants To Bring Her 7-Year-Old Girl She Had Before We Met To My Home" / Man Apologizes To His Wife After Seeing Her Like This At Home (Photo) / 10 Hilarious Things You Can Relate To If You Grew Up In An African Home (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by 5minsmadness: 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
This topic just brought up an old memory. grin

Jacqueline was her name. She was in pry 3 and was half-cast. Her parents obviously taught her the "birds and the bees" topic quite early. She would wait by the boys room during break and pull down little boys pants that came to wee to inspect thier pen1ses grin

Nice girl, jacqueline. grin

She got caught in pry 6 having romping sex with a teacher in the football field one stormy afternoon. Her parents removed her from the school after that. Dunno why undecided

Memories grin

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

One the contrary. One can see YOU live perpetually in a fairytale and are unwilling to accept the harsh realities of life.

The realities of my life are sunny and bright. Welcome to my world!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

Just as the western way of going about sexuality has stopped millions of abortions in the West so much so that they have abortion clinics.

I don't see how lying to a child about how she or he came to this world can prevent unwanted pregnancies.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Acidosis(m): 8:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Mindfulness:

My niece is two years old. Recently she saw a friend of mine changing the diapers of her baby boy. It was the first time she saw a pe.nis and her eyes almost fell out. grin They will discover the opposite se.x anyway. It's natural and there is nothing wrong with it. You adults se.xualize it. My niece doesn't. She was surprised and then forgot about it.

Yeah, true... At that age, they can't explore anything.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Acidosis:

They will explore their bodies whether you like it or not. It's NATURAL!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2016
Bolade005:

On the contrary, one can easily see that you know next to nothing about children. I have two girls of my own and I'd withdraw them from a school that exposes them to this kind of book.

Because you don't trust that they can't handle the truth in the right way. And you don't trust your parenting skills either.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by Askseek(f): 2:08am On Jun 25, 2016
5minsmadness:

That's Western bullsh1t thinking(no offence meant) . The father should ejacu.late in front of the child to show how the sperm comes out and fertilizes mummy so she won't be curious anymore.

Please be realistic, you don't put your kids fingers in fire to teach them fire can hurt them or cut their hands off to show that a sharp knife can hurt them. You teach them the usefulness of these things while teaching them of its dangers

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by postmann: 11:55am On Jun 25, 2016
Mindfulness:

One can easily see that you know very little to nothing about children.
Dear Mindfulness, perhaps this is too much of an asking, but still I linger. Indulge me this once, look down upon my request with a tender gaze of compassion hidden somewhere within your good spirit and soften your stance.

Please come vote: it's the grand final already.

I'll supply the link and the voting format

Voting format:

I vote mimzy
Cc: NLjega

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Thanks for your consideration!
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by postmann: 12:05pm On Jun 25, 2016
Acidosis:

Acidosis, pls come vote for my candidate.

https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

This is the voting format:

I vote mimzy
Cc NLjega
Re: What Would You Do If Your Ward Bring This Book Home (photo) by onegig(m): 2:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
cococandy:
At topic, I see nothing wrong with this depending on the age of the kids. It is very important for growing and curious children to know the truth concerning sex and its consequences.
The more they are shielded from the truth, the higher the likelihood that they become easy prey to pervs in their bid to satisfy their curiosity.

Given our culture where sex is a taboo topic, I can understand if many parents are bashful about broaching the topic. But I've decided I won't be that kind of parent. Whatever my kids need to know they will learn from me before they have the chance of being corrupted or molested or both in their bid to teach themselves and satisfy their curiosity.

If we take away the taboo surrounding the topic, the allure won't be as strong.

You need to read the ignorance of the posters above yours. So sex education is wrong? Even one saying he learnt himself and no one thought him and his kids would do same. No wonder most homes and have marital issues related to coupling since they have been desensitized and brainwashed. Also you need to wonder why teeneage pregnancies is so prevalent in our society. Most don't even know that there are contraceptives or preventive ways and the girls end up exploited. No matter what you say, education trumps ignorance and as soon as a child is old enough they need to be introduced and educated on sex.

@op
This book is absolutely normal.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Miracle Of Sex In A Marriage / What Happened To My Elder Brother / Celebrate Independence Day With The Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.