Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,942 members, 7,835,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Pluto May Harbor A Liquid Ocean - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Pluto May Harbor A Liquid Ocean (438 Views)

World’s First Floating City To Emerge In The Pacific Ocean By 2020 / Publisher Pays N25,000 To Have Caught Marine Turtle Returned To The Ocean / Scientists Discover New Dwarf Planets After Pluto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pluto May Harbor A Liquid Ocean by michellhilton(m): 1:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
The underground ocean that produced some of the stunning features on Pluto's surface may still be splashing around beneath the crust today.

If Pluto's subsurface ocean had frozen over completely, it would have formed highly pressurized ice that would have caused the dwarf planet to shrink, according to new research. The canyons and valleys on Pluto seem to have formed as the dwarf planet swelled up, rather than as it shrank, indicating that a liquid ocean most likely sits beneath the thick ice crust today, researchers said in the study.

http://www.michellhilton.com/2016/06/plutao-pode-abrigar-um-oceano-liquido.html

(1) (Reply)

My Bank Claimed ATM Paid Me When It Did Not. What Do I Do? / 4 Possible Ways Technology Can Drive Nigeria’s Economy Out Of Recession / Drake Confesses His Love For Rihanna At The 2016 MTV Vmas: (citanda.com)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.