Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,189 members, 7,825,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Somebody Help Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Somebody Help Me (592 Views)

About To Loss My Job Please Somebody Help! / Somebody Help Me / Somebody Help!i'm On Board To Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Somebody Help Me by jayinfo2(m): 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
Please advice me on this. Am a 25 years old lady started working in Lagos with medium size organization.for about 1month now. But my boss is always giving me though time at the office he tried to kiss me and always trying to draw me close to himself. But I don't want this.I am so confused .pls help me out.what can I do to make him stop all this he is doing. And I don't want to loose my job.plsssss help with a solution.
Re: Somebody Help Me by brownjulie(f): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dont even think of sleeping with him,if you do,he will surelyly sack u..... dont ask me how I know,but trust me on this...

2 Likes

Re: Somebody Help Me by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2016
While I am no saint or virgin or born again pastor,
It is Sexual Harassment and it is bad. Unfortunately no woman wants to loose her job but you must face reality:

This is how it plays out:

1. Sleep with him now without stress or
2. My prefered option. Don't sleep with him and Never give in. Ever! But it comes with a lot of stress. So you must be prepared.

Your rejecting him and how he reacts to your rejection will depend on HIM. If he is a sensible person, he will quietly avoid you and respect your NO. But most men like him are despicable, loud, persistent and arrogant. They will bully, "hunt" and haunt you without any shame in the work environment.

If you sleep with him in any way you can still get fired and still be given hell in the office. Your sleeping with him will only make you a trophy. Another conquest. Other guys will hear. Other workers will hear. The shame. The bad image. Other guys will want their share. You will only be in his center of attention until a new intern, worker, corper etc comes. KEEP YOUR DIGNITY. POLITELY BUT FIRMYLY RESIST.

The best thing to do is to tell him politely but point blank that you do not fancy such actions from him. How would he feel if it was his daughter or sister? Of course he will want to persist because like most silly men like this think, "she likes it..she is only doing hard to get. Does she not give it to her boyfriend" .Like it is their business that you have a love life. Tell him point blank and firmly that next time you will defend yourself. When he persist, escalate your response and defiance too.

Draw a line on the jokes you crack with him. Keep your relationship with him formal. And I mean no small talk, no politics, no celebrity gist. Only "greetings" and official communication. Let it be clear that you will only communicate when it is official. DRAW A STRICT LINE. Don't get interested in any other gist.

If you can, get video or audio evidence. Or get witnesses. A Close friend who will walk in on him trying his unprofessional conduct on you. At least there is someone to verify your complaints.

I would have said report him to a more senior personnel. Report him to HR. Preferably a top female officer. However, this means talking has failed. I prefer the females to the males in this situation because most times the men are all in it together.

You must stand tall and rise above it. Protect yourself from office rape too. You MAY also consider changing jobs. You cannot work well and be productive under such a situation. What it might do to you psychologically might be incurable even with the money you make.

Unfortunately, we don't have good laws against this type of thing in Nigeria. Only major companies do and enforcement is quite difficult for many reasons. He could that a sacred cow, a high achiever, related to the CEO/MD, etc.

At the end it is your self respect that counts. Recall that if you give in it will be unto the next girl,while you will also be the office "call girl" whenever he is bored. Keep your self respect and make women proud. Worst case, you resign and keep your head high.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Register For Iso 55001 Asset Management At Staffline Consulting Ltd / Lawyers On Nairaland Please Your Attention Is Needed / Federal Ministry Of Transport Recruitment 2016 – Http://vacancy.fedcivilservice.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.