Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,141 members, 7,953,519 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused (968 Views)

I'm Confused, Pls Is It Futminna That Has Offered Me Admission? (screenshot) / The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / What Is Local Government Identification Letter, i'm confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Toluwani111: 7:54am On Jun 24, 2016
Please, i want to obtain JAMB Direct Entry form & i'm really contemplating on which school to choose out of OAU, Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA), or FUNAAB
Which of the aforementioned uni has fair admission scheme ?

Ps:
- i want to study a social science course
- i want to use 2 sittings (o'level result)
- my o'level result is dominated with only Credits (C)

Cc: Lalasticalala
Fynestboi
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Fynestboi: 8:04am On Jun 24, 2016
As regard OAU things has really changed.

According to source is OAU is now making use of O level and jamb,hence the number of A's and B's can go a long way to decide your fate..

However, if you are sure of scoring above 250plus above in Jamb, then you can pick OAU. (Oba Adaniduro University)
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Fynestboi: 8:05am On Jun 24, 2016
As regard FUNAAB, pseudonomer can help with that...
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Toluwani111: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2016
Fynestboi:
As regard OAU things has really changed.

According to source is OAU is now making use of O level and jamb,hence the number of A's and B's can go a long way to decide your fate..

However, if you are sure of scoring above 250plus above in Jamb, then you can pick OAU. (Oba Adaniduro University)

Please, i want to apply via Direct Entry not JAMB
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Fynestboi: 8:20am On Jun 24, 2016
Toluwani111:

Please, i want to apply via Direct Entry not JAMB

Still same, just exempt jamb from the criteria.
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Toluwani111: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2016
Fynestboi:

Still same, just exempt jamb from the criteria.

Thanks, do they admit those who choose them as 2nd choice & please do you have any info on AAUA ?
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Fynestboi: 8:27am On Jun 24, 2016
Toluwani111:

Thanks, do they admit those who choose them as 2nd choice & please do you have any info on AAUA ?

Slim chance as second choice.

No info.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by pseudonomer: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Toluwani111:

Please, i want to obtain JAMB Direct Entry form & i'm really contemplating on which school to choose out of OAU, Adekunle Ajasin University (AAUA), or FUNAAB
Which of the aforementioned uni has fair admission scheme ?

Ps:
- i want to study a social science course
- i want to use 2 sittings (o'level result)
- my o'level result is dominated with only Credits (C)

Cc: Lalasticalala
Fynestboi

FUNAAB Direct Entry is very competitive. You will need at least Upper Credit in your ND, with good o'level result and you may also be required to write the post-utme exam if not scrapped.

In Social Science, Economics is very competitive followed by Accounting. Entrepreneur Studies is the least competitive course, Banking And Finance, Business Admin are also less competitive.

Your CGPA carries 50%, O'level 20% and post-ume is 30%. If you have Distinction in your ND, you stand a better chance.

Rumour has it that the polytechnic/College of Education you attended is also a factor. If the school has high cultism or prostitution rate like Mapoly or Laspotech, that maybe a disadvantage.

And FUNAAB is very stressful, you will have to work hard to graduate, the lecturers are not smiling. I've seen students that came to funaab with Distinctions but couldn't even manage to graduate with 2-2.

So the choice is yours! I wish you best of luck in your admissions.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by mikeayus(m): 3:02pm On Jun 24, 2016
pseudonomer:

FUNAAB Direct Entry is very competitive. You will need at least Upper Credit in your ND, with good o'level result and you may also be required to write the post-utme exam if not scrapped.

In Social Science, Economics is very competitive followed by Accounting. Entrepreneur Studies is the least competitive course, Banking And Finance, Business Admin are also less competitive.

Your CGPA carries 50%, O'level 20% and post-ume is 30%. If you have Distinction in your ND, you stand a better chance.

Rumour has it that the polytechnic/College of Education you attended is also a factor. If the school has high cultism or prostitution rate like Mapoly or Laspotech, that maybe a disadvantage.

And FUNAAB is very stressful, you will have to work hard to graduate, the lecturers are not smiling. I've seen students that came to funaab with Distinctions but couldn't even manage to graduate with 2-2.

wow, thanks for this piece pseudonomer......can u pls buzz me on whatsapp via 08064140027, need some more info abt FUNAAB DE Plsss
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by Toluwani111: 6:12pm On Jun 24, 2016
pseudonomer:

Wow! Thanks alot
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by oluwatobi01(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2016
First of all introductn: I'm Alashe an undergraduate stu of AAUA(Are Awon Uni Agbaye) frm d dept of bch....AAUA adm is very transparent provided u meet d criteria.
Yur o'level must b intact,u choose dem as 1st choice n write deir pst including DE stu..
All social n managemt courses 're very competitive esp acct n eco buh a 200+ score,a 60% pst utme scr n a gud jamb combo coupled wth prayers shld scale u 2ru..
I remain my humble self, Alashe bch dept(200 level)...

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by sirqeeboi(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
pseudonomer:

Hm...what ur said is trash there is no school with prostitution and cultism..go and check laspotech ranking in polytechnic and if u can check laspotech students are in funaab. .cos some of the lecturers that have polytechnic certificate are from laspotech. .go check
Re: Nairalanders, Advice Me Please I'm Confused by pseudonomer: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2016
sirqeeboi:

Hm...what ur said is trash there is no school with prostitution and cultism..go and check laspotech ranking in polytechnic and if u can check laspotech students are in funaab. .cos some of the lecturers that have polytechnic certificate are from laspotech. .go check

Bro, it's an assumption. I'm not saying Laspotech or Mapoly is bad school, but the rate of cultism and prostitution there is high...

(1) (Reply)

Lady Blast Lagos School 4 Collecting 30k 4rm Students B4 Giving WAEC Certificate / See The Horrible Condition Of Futo/nekede Road / Ghana Tops WAEC Awards Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.