Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,267 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' (616 Views)

2.5million: Crowd Marching Against Trump In The U.S. (photos). / Police Officers In Scotland & Canada Can Now Wear Hijabs / Brexit: Scotland, London Want Independence From UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by Marcelinho(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
US presidential hopeful Donald Trump has said it is a "great thing" that the people of the UK have "taken back their country" in voting to leave the EU.
His comments came as he arrived at Trump Turnberry for the reopening of the refurbished Open venue golf resort.
Mr Trump added his name to the Ayrshire hotel and golf course after buying the resort for an undisclosed fee in 2014.
Comedian Simon Brodkin later disrupted Mr Trump's news conference by waving golf balls with a swastika on them.
The presumptive Republican nominee was also the subject of a small protest by those who accuse him of "racism and bigotry" during his bid for the presidency.
Dozens of people, with placards stating "No To Racism", gathered outside the resort before Mr Trump arrived.
Mr Trump was asked about the EU referendum result, which saw Leave beat Remain by 52% to 48%, shortly after he touched down at Turnberry in a helicopter.
'People are angry'
The US billionaire answered: said: "I think it's a great thing that's happened. It's an amazing vote, very historic.
"People are angry all over the world. They're angry over borders, they're angry over people coming into the country and taking over and nobody even knows who they are.
"They're angry about many, many things in the UK, the US and many other places. This will not be the last."
Mr Trump said UK divisions "will heal" as "it is a great place", adding: "I said this was going to happen and I think it is a great thing.
"Basically, they took back their country. That's a great thing.
"I think we're doing very well in the United States also, and it is essentially the same thing that is happening in the United States.
"I want to support my son who really represented me here in building this great great place (Turnberry)."
When asked his opinion on David Cameron announcing he is to step down as prime minister after the Leave vote, Mr Trump said: "Well, that's too bad."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-36606184
Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 24, 2016
Great comment. He can build on the development.
Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by youngboi(m): 8:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Donald,my day1 nigga.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by aariwa(m): 8:30pm On Jun 24, 2016
.Donald Trump is the greatest joker of this century by thinking he can win elections by preying on people's prejudices and fears. What he is saying negates the fundamental principles america was built on like freedom from discrimination, equality and liberty

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by dunkem21(m): 8:32pm On Jun 24, 2016
cheesy
Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 24, 2016
Trump will say the truth the way it is. I support Brexit.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by multikolour(m): 8:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
don't mind those stupid NL that have been giving us wrong economics on paper, Brexit is the best thing UK did.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
aariwa:
.Donald Trump is the greatest joker of this century by thinking he can win elections by preying on people's prejudices and fears. What he is saying negates the fundamental principles america was built on like freedom from discrimination, equality and liberty
Re: Donald Trump In Scotland: 'brexit A Great Thing' by Appleyard(m): 1:18pm On Jul 26, 2017
And today, he had been proved right. The British Pound is making rapid gains like never before when Britain was still married to German-EU. The man is not that stupid as some would say.

(1) (Reply)

BOOM! Texas BANS Sharia Law And The First Islamic Sharia Court In The USA Reacts / US Election 2016 Barack Obama Chides 'wacky' Trump After Putin Jibe / President Mugabe Unveils Giant Statue Of Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.