Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,453 members, 7,826,737 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale - Fashion (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale (225749 Views)

Miss Nairaland Contest 2017 - Nomination & Verification / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Semi-final / Miss Nairaland Contest 2016 - Elimination Round 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (177) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Fedayeen02: 5:20am On Jun 26, 2016
Congratulations Lanicky. I fell for the audio interview you made. You downplayed your beauty but held your intelligence on a high ground.

Continue to shine.

Onstelly sebi i tell you cry Last year it was tsunami Twaci but tophaz snatched the crown at the 11th hour.

Mimzy you did great and you have the best campaign team but fate was asleep.

Refiner you deserve it and i will advise you to try again next year because you are a Queen in waiting. Be a Lanicky who didn't give up.

Mysticgal plz note that love will always conquer money cos I've experience both side. You are beautiful with a good heart but you need to do more.

Ivvy you are brilliant but i got disgustef with the childishccampaign of one Sgoat that notwithstanding you are a queen in your own right. Continue to soar like an eagle. Never give up.

I voted refiner with my Alternates but The best won.

Congratulations Queen Lanicky

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by lepasharon(f): 5:20am On Jun 26, 2016
I'm sorry, but there was another prettier girl than this.
Why didn't she win?
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by gazal55(m): 5:20am On Jun 26, 2016
I sight dat sexy hips[color=]I sight dat sexy hips[/color]I sight dat sexy hips
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by sabacity(m): 5:20am On Jun 26, 2016
wow!... congratulations LANICKY.... I didn't waste my vote!...It has to be you! #God bless you and other contestants...
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by justi4jesu(f): 5:22am On Jun 26, 2016
Congrats Lanicky. My vote no waste. cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 26, 2016
MrKontrovErsy:

dude shun dat thing thing joor we all kno shex sayin d truth.
if u can remove bigotry from ur mind and go pack to those pix
and their interview u would kno refiner beat dem hands down in beauty and brain.

and to think dat her pix got the least number of ikes among the list should tell u dat bigotry was involved.

even a blind man will loom at those pix and tell u shez d most beutiful

Pls gimme the direct links to where the pictures and interviews can be found. Thanks
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by lepasharon(f): 5:23am On Jun 26, 2016
safarigirl:
my problem is that you people have reduced a beauty contest to a popularity contest, so ugly-average people are winning.

You people giving out Miss NL to people who you know are no better than Buhari dashing appointments to his brothers.

JeffreyJamez baba! How can we go from Twaci to this babe? Na this kain thing make me no dey like enter this Miss NL threads.

Good night abeg, I've said my piece on here. I will be back in the next edition to voice my disapproval on your next winner.

Sayonara smiley

Girl, tell 'em.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ErnieSmallzz(f): 5:24am On Jun 26, 2016
cheesy i knew lanicky would win this, grin

A Big congrat to you dear wink
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Pyno30: 5:25am On Jun 26, 2016
She's beautiful no doubt, congratulations to her, but how will this favour her??

Is she now Olajumoke??

Or is she better than Olajumoke??
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Fedayeen02: 5:25am On Jun 26, 2016
amtaken:
So you are saying it was a competition of Igbos Vs Yorubas snd not actually a beauty contest?

Keep singing, the birds won't get jealous, I promise.

don't descend that low plz. Never you dance these tribal bigotry dance with those never do well. Congratulate the winner and move on biko. Lets meet in politics section where the fight is worth it. Biko Nnene

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by bayocanny: 5:26am On Jun 26, 2016
I
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 26, 2016
[quote author=safarigirl post=46935242]which beholder?

Would you take a second look at your Miss NL if you saw her walking down the road?

I certainly wouldn't and neither would most of her voters. This is just a big popularity contest and most of her voters are those she talks to as well as friends of friends, I bet they didn't even look at pictures.

From a neutral point of view, there were farrrrr better looking contestants.

At least, the winners of Mr NL tend to look better than those who win Miss NL, lemme wait for that one[/quote
Kikikikikikiki, just some months to next year. Contest biko, yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 26, 2016
amtaken:
Don't insult me. I am warning you.
baby, It was not an insult, i just said you should stop tribalism. dats all.

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by bayocanny: 5:27am On Jun 26, 2016
lepasharon:
I'm sorry, but there was another prettier girl than this.
Why didn't she win?

Lol you are so funny
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 26, 2016
amtaken:
God bless you.

I am seriously considering leaving this forum.

It is full of hatred for the SE and SS.

Haba e never reach that level nah. I don't know much about this Ms. Nairaland thingy but I assume SS/SELF must have won it before. Also, why do you guys like saying this line in virtually everything and everywhere?

Pls gimme the direct links to where the pictures and interviews can be found. Thanks
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by ErnieSmallzz(f): 5:31am On Jun 26, 2016
grin this is wen the real fytin would start. You will c threads like:

"SHE DOESN'T WORTH IT"

"AM SURE SHE BRIBED THE JUDGES"

grin but no matter d amount of thread they create. She is still the WINNER, and nothing! I mean nothing can change that! tongue

CONGRAT AGAIN LANICKY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Polyestar(m): 5:32am On Jun 26, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
•You are ridiculously rude.
And you're a jobless busybody
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Ojestas(m): 5:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Who Miss Nairaland help
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Shaadey: 5:32am On Jun 26, 2016
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 26, 2016
[size=20pt]Smellymouth aka ALAGA1, Chairman,
OMO- ONILE ASSOCIATION OF NAIRALAND,

AND

SANDOSKI......

Congratulations to each and everyone of us!!!

*LANICKY~
*MIMZY~
*IVYY~
*REFINER ~
*MYSTICALGAL~
*MISSGDOPE~
*OPTIONAL1~

and OTHERS ____ You are all QUEENSkisskiss

****WE SAY A BIG THANK YOU...... ONE LOVEkiss

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by dhesire(m): 5:35am On Jun 26, 2016
With Refiner I still stand!

Congrats to Lanicky though.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by AKEEMNAS(m): 5:35am On Jun 26, 2016
Thanks to everyone who contested you are all QUEENS,Congratulations to QUEENLANICKY,she is always determined posses natural beauty amongst others,am happy for her because I VOTED RIGHT
Congratulations to everyone who contested and voted in this contest. Merci
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Naikkie(f): 5:36am On Jun 26, 2016
This is a typical case of Olajumoke the bread hawker and Ayodele the first class student in analogy to the Nairaland debate and Miss Nairaland. I just hope the winning debaters will be well compensated in future.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Polyestar(m): 5:39am On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mysticgal was the prettiest to me. I do not participate in this stuff. I came in and voted another through a referred link. I saw Mysticgal and was blown away.

Sad she did not win it but Mysticgal is my Miss Nairaland.
And the criminally biased organizers said she got only 55 votes. Who can believe that?

1 Like

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by bongolistik(m): 5:41am On Jun 26, 2016
For Nigeria to succeed as a nation, religious and tribal bigotry must be kept far away from all corners of the country but I see that not happening soon because as we speak today, those two things "religious and tribal bigotry" have beclouded the average Nigerian man.

Even when things are done without religious or tribal sentiments, 60% of the Nigeria's population will reason towards that angle.

Then in relation to this Miss Nairaland contest, tribal sentiments cannot be totally ruled out from the competition, but definitely not coming from the organisers of the contest (NL CEO, the host et al) rather coming from the voters who truly determines the winner with their votes.

It has become norm in this country for competitions like this and other similar events to be marred with tribal sentiments and it is not surprising to see this one, because most Yorubas will vote for Yoruba contestant, likewise most Ibos will vote for Ibo contestants regardless of the contestants looks and performances in the general question part of the competition.

We also see these types of scenarios play out in the Nigerian polity during elections and other things that involves contest.

Now our verdict: Nobody, no ethnic group should feel cheated here on the result of the Miss Nairaland 2016 contest that saw Lanicky taking the crown.

The thing there is that, since we did not rule out that most voters voted based on tribal sentiments, then Yoruba contestants will mostly come out as winners all the time not because they are superior than any other tribe as some of them are already claiming here but just because by the virtue of highly populated Lagos state based Internet and Nairaland users.

It has been proven that Lagos state has X5 largest Internet users than any other state in the country or even other states put together.

And Lagos is a mainly Yoruba state with more Yorubas, meaning they partook more on the voting strength.

So that is what truly played out in this contest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 26, 2016
MUVA:
[b]
[size=30pt]TEAM MIMZY!!![/size] Congratulations to each and every one of us!! cool

Its a journey we started on short notice but rose to the top to become Top Contenders in a contest that is largely biased. We have proven a point and sent a strong message. cool

God bless everyone who stood by us and believed and still BELIEVE in MIMZY. Words can't paint a worthy picture of how grateful we are and how much we appreciate ya'll. We are truly grateful! smiley

Mimzy is a worthy Winner and that's a FACT! cool

We thank the Host: Dygeasy, more innovative ideas to your think-tank bruh cool

We thank the sponsors: Seun (Admin Of Nairaland), we appreciate you sir! cool And to RoyalHairs, Jaybee3 we say a BIG THANK YOU!

And All those who believed in Mimzy enough to have reached out to her in several forms of compensation, We can't thank you enough!

To all MIMZY's Voters; we won't be were we are without you all. You believed in us enough to support us to the very end! May God reward you all immensely for the LOVE you've shown this Team and Mimzy herself.

And to Team MImzy... Couldn't have asked for a better group of innovative young men and women to work with! Ya'll are soldiers cool Patriots! We'll meet at the party venue where I can conclude my speech wink

Nairalanders in general, those who voted and didn't vote for Mimzy, we still appreciate ya'll for making this a healthy rivalry.

To Lanicky, Congratulations! You worked hard for it (believe me when I tell you, I know wink ) , and you earned it! Congrats!! Shine on cos you're a star. Keep being you and believing in yourself! Cos as you can see, you can achieve what you want once you set your heart to it. smiley

To Ivyy, If there's any justice in the world...... sad
Anyway, you're a Queen. In everyone's book babe. Don't let this deter you. Its not a yardstick to measure your worth. CONGRATS! You're a star!

To Refiner, Mysticgal MissGdope! and others; You all are Queens!!

God BLESS US! cool

#TEAM MIMZY, its show time! cool

Cc: Smellymouth ( Alaga1 )

Giyazz

Obiorathesubtle

Olihilistic

Ellacute45

Evathyst

Sandoski

Susan404

Slyisaac

Airsultan

IamLegend1

Sweetieconstie

Cherryice

Ogorwyne

Iykekelvins

Xoella

Jubrealguy

Kingrex1

Lsofdk

Lezzlie

Tsom

Creamish

Firsteva

Pucelle

Severussnape

LuveU2

Stupedinluv

Speechleeess3 (I never get that spelling right angry )

Smellinganus

Mondeluv

Urlando

Kirchofff

Drisklef

Mehn.. Can't remember everyone, we plenty die! gringrin

I LOVE Y'all #NoHomo #Bestest! #BaddestTeam! cool #TrendMIMZY! cool cool[/b]

U guys are just dey best...... kiss

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by SamMilla1(m): 5:43am On Jun 26, 2016
sade1994:

Coz she knows all the nairaland oga at the top bah.?
I guess that's why she won... ..
Coz aside from that nothing else... I mean NOTHING

There is something I need you to learn from all this.
Election is a game of numbers, it means the more people you know the more numbers you have.
Most of us are not interested in looking at the pancakes plastered all over the face or the long sexy legs or the full blown chests. Sometimes we are too busy to care. However, we want to hear that our candidate won.

3 Likes

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Stuntkid172(m): 5:43am On Jun 26, 2016
WE THE BEST TEAM. (Team Lanicky)
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Mediapace: 5:45am On Jun 26, 2016
Iffai hear
Orikinla:

[size=18pt]
STOP USING THE NAME OF YOUR MAKER AND MAKER AND OWNER OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE IN VAIN.[/size]

Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by SamMilla1(m): 5:45am On Jun 26, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Mysticgal was the prettiest to me. I do not participate in this stuff. I came in and voted another through a referred link. I saw Mysticgal and was blown away.

Sad she did not win it but Mysticgal is my Miss Nairaland.

Well she is the prettiest to you.
Unfortunately that doesn't mean she is the prettiest to everyone else.
Besides sometimes we just don't care, we just want our candidate to win. That's what election is all about.
Re: Miss Nairaland 2016 Grand Finale by Nobody: 5:50am On Jun 26, 2016
Lanicky won because she has this "I'm decent, intelligent and responsible" look.

Refiner lost because she looks confused with zero confidence.

the other two mimzy and Ivvy: Lost because just like their names they look like runs girls.

mysticgal lost because she wasn't prepared for this.

grin

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (177) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Backside And Make It Firm Naturally / DIAMONDS// Invasion Modern Empire Hack Ios/android Apk MOD No Download / APK/ Mobile Strike Hack No Download Working Online Gold Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.