Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century (541 Views)

The Scam Called Uber Taxi In Nigeria And The Way Forward / See The Scam SMS I Received This Morning / Glo the Scam Network has Deviced a New Trick !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century by MarkSole: 1:04am On Jun 25, 2016
A few years ago, PHCN(now defunct) declared my meter non-functional, apparently because my bill was not high enough, for the neighbourhood where I was domiciled. From then on, my bill got progressively higher. When I complained in writing, there was a downward adjustment, followed by another round of steady increase.

I now have a prepaid meter, that came pre-loaded with 300 units of electricity. In the first 3 weeks, I did not consume half, i.e. 150 units, but in the past. I have been billed for, between 1,000 and 2,700 units, of energy that I did not consume. In short, I was robbed silly by these fellows.

My old meter is still connected and I have been able to compare energy consumed, as indicated by the old and new meters, and the difference is marginal. It was reported recently, that 70% of electricity consumers in the South-East, by-passed their prepaid meters and I don’t blame them. They are only trying to recover, what has been stolen from them in the past, via estimated billing.

Re: Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century by pappy4real(m): 7:30am On Jun 25, 2016
Though I lol its not funny at all. To even think those fools will tell u to d face when u lodge a complaint of over billing that ur meter is old and what u get is estimated bill.
Re: Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century by WHITEWIZARD(m): 2:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
k
Re: Estimated Consumption Is The Scam Of The Century by WHITEWIZARD(m): 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2016
K

(1) (Reply)

/ Terrorist Attack In London / Meet The Inspiring Make-up Vlogger Who Was Born With A Facial Tumour (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.