Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim (828 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo: We Should Stop Using Religion As Excuse For Character Defamation / Would You Change Your Religion For Love? / How To Know If Your Religion Is The Fake One! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by yusuflaw07(m): 9:14am On Jun 25, 2016
the purpose of this new topic is to educate ourselves as muslims in a matured way concerning our religion;ISLAM. may almighty Allah guide us through the straight path. amen
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by rinw: 9:33am On Jun 25, 2016
Salam. Please will itikaf hold at National mosque abuja this year?
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by yusuflaw07(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2016
rinw:
wa alaykum salam. well the person responding to you doesnt stay in abuja so i dont if it is going to hold or not. but generally, itikaf is supposed to hold in any mosque where congregational prayer is being held especially jumat service. in case we see anyone who is sure should please give an answer.
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by yusuflaw07(m): 9:57am On Jun 26, 2016
rinw:
Some Islamic faithful had protested the ban on the I’tikaf devotion, earlier announced by the authority of the Abuja National Mosque for this Ramadan period.
The authority had few days before the commencement of Ramadan, announced that the rite which takes place during the last ten days of Ramadan, would not be accommodated this year at the Abuja Central Mosque, citing security issues, with allegation of immoralities by some of the participants.
Many of the devotees, who arrived for the religious event from different states of the federation, either being unaware of the ban or on defiance, had resorted to protest at the mosque last Thursday night.

The protest was sequel to the ban of late night prayers (Tahajjud) by the mosque authority after discovering that some of participants are not only coming for the prayers, but also to spend their night and remain in the mosque, which translated, as observation of the ‘banned devotion.’
One of the participants that came from Kano State for the religious rite, Ibrahim Isma’il informed our reporter that the situation was aggravated when everybody was told to vacate the mosque after Taraweeh prayer.
While some participants were already in the Mosque, he said the gates to the Mosque were locked preventing other participants from gaining access.
According to some of the devotees, the protest of the Tahajjud ban started when it was discovered that the gates and doors of the Mosque had been closed.
Consequently, some participants in the wee hours, took the protest to the residence of the Imam of the Mosque at Zone 1 in Wuse, Abuja. They later returned to the Mosque and appointed someone to lead the late night prayers.
Commenting on the matter, the executive secretary of the Abuja national Mosque management board, Alhaji Ibrahim Abubakar Jega, said they had decided to allow participants carry on the devotion in order to avoid further trouble.
He said the ban was informed by security reasons and immoralities among some of the participants, pointing out that there are cases of stealing among other vices, adding that the intention of the Mosque’s authority was misunderstood.
He said ordinarily, both Tahajjud and Itikaf could be observed at any Jumma’at mosque without any less in the reward, with exception of three mosques which are that of Mecca, Medina and Jerusalem.
“We cannot continue like this, a situation where people numbering about 5,000 would converge on the Abuja National Mosque every Ramadan, for something that can be done in their respected states,” he stated.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/daily/city-news/2468-muslims-protest-ban-on-ramadan-i-tikaf-at-national-mosque#cKhIs1Xh9kDL7QsG.99
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by true2god: 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
yusuflaw07:
the purpose of this new topic is to educate ourselves as muslims in a matured way concerning our religion;ISLAM. may almighty Allah guide us through the straight path. amen
Asalamalekum. Please can you tell us the genesis of the shia-sunni crisis?
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by yusuflaw07(m): 4:09am On Jun 28, 2016
true2god:
Asalamalekum. Please can you tell us the genesis of the shia-sunni crisis?
wa alaykum salam. This can be observed from different perspectives. The shia believes that only the family of the prophet salla Allah alayhi wa salam were meant to be ruler (caliphate) after the prophet is gone. And automatically they don't believe in the rulership of other caliphate.
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by proudkafir: 5:47am On Jun 28, 2016
yusuflaw07:
wa alaykum salam. This can be observed from different perspectives. The shia believes that only the family of the prophet salla Allah alayhi wa salam were meant to be ruler (caliphate) after the prophet is gone. And automatically they don't believe in the rulership of other caliphate.
Thanks bro. Did the prophet know this crisis will occur?
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by AlBaqir(m): 3:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
proudkafir:

Absolutely the Prophet knew therefore he told the entire Muslim community:

1. Imam Tirmidhi records:

Nasr b. And alRahman al-kufi - Zayd b. Al-Hasan al-Anmati - Jafar b. Muhammad - his father - Jabir b. Abd Allah:
"I saw the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, during his (last) Hajj on the Day of Arafat while he was on his camel, delivering a sermon, and I heard him saying: O Mankind! I have left behind over you that which if you hold fast to it you will never go astray: THE BOOK OF GOD AND MY OFFSPRING, MY AHL AL-BAYT"

Tirmidhi says on this riwayat (narration): {And this hadith is hasan gharib (i.e has a sound chain) from this route...}

Allamah al-Albani also has a simple comment: SAHIH (Authentic)

Source: al-Jami al-Sahih Sunan al-Tirmidhi (Beirut: Far Ihya al-Turath al-Arabi) [annotator: Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani], vol. 5, p.662 #3786}

2. In another hadith, Allamah Nasir Deen al-Albani also documents a hadith where the Prophet was reported to have said:

"I am leaving behind over you TWO KHALIFAHS; the Book of Allah - a rope stretching between the heaven and the earth - and my offspring, my Ahl al-Bayt (household). Verily, both shall never separate from each other until they meet me at the Lake-Fount."

Sheik al-Albani simply comments: * Sahih (authentic)

Source: {Sahih al-Jami al-Saghir wa Ziyadatuhu (Al-Maktab al-islami), vol. 1 p. 482, hadith no. 2457}

Both hadith (known as Hadith Thaqalain - two weighty things; and Hadith Khalifatain - two Caliphs) are Mutawattir i.e widely reported.
Re: Learn About Your Religion As A Muslim by yusuflaw07(m): 7:56pm On Jun 28, 2016
proudkafir:

this hadith indicates that the prophet knew.

Propeht Muhammad (PBUH) told us that there will be 73 groups in my Ummah according to hadith's given below,

Wahb ibn Baqiyyah told us from Khaalid from Muhammad ibn ‘Amr from Abu Salamah from Abu Hurayrah who said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Jews were divided into seventy-one or seventy-two sects, and the Christians were divided into seventy-one or seventy-two sects, and my Ummah will be divided into seventy-three sects.” This was narrated by Abu Dawood in his Sunan, Kitaab al-Sunnah, Baab Sharh al-Sunnah

(1) (Reply)

Needs For Christian Apologetics In Nigeria / OMG! Church Member Disgraces Pastor Who Allegedly Had S*x With (photos) / True Africans And Their Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.