Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name (99132 Views)

What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? / Top 4 Popular Nigerian Fruits You Don’t Know The English Name For / Four Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by Netcontactsng1(m): 11:21am On Jun 26, 2016
sugardad1:

4. African Star Apple
Try searching for African star apple on Google and watch the search engine struggle to come up with results. But search for “Agbalumo” and watch Google turn to superstar with numerous results. This is because Nigerians only know this fruit as Agbalumo, not as the African Star Apple.

Soure:
http://omgvoice.com/lifestyle/4-fruits-nigerians-dont-know-english-names/

WTF is Agbalumo? Ain't this Udara?
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:38pm On Jun 26, 2016
Saw I should confuse my great grandmother by telling her I got African star Apple or black velvet taramind for her abi? It's ichekwu or udala
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 2:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
Saw I should confuse my great grandmother by telling her I got African star Apple or black velvet taramind for her abi? It's ichekwu or udala.
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by Kentox(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
b3llo:
Goruba is big like agbalumo and it has a large seed in its middle, it is very hard.
What is the name in English?
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by masterpat(m): 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2016
sugardad1:

2. Tiger Nuts
The name “Tiger nut” is yet to stick to this sweet root from Northern Nigeria. Tiger nut is called its traditional name in various parts of the country; Ofio in the Southwest, Aki Hausa in the Southeast and Aya in the North.

I have always called it tiger nut... although as a Gee who grew @ lagos, na ofio sure pass
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by masterpat(m): 3:44pm On Jun 26, 2016
respect80:
Isn't that date fruit

Wow really... learnt something new 2day
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by respect80(m): 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
masterpat:

Wow really... learnt something new 2day
Yeah, that's why learning is said to be a continuous process. For me my field of study during my undergraduate days flared up my curiosity to know some of this fruits .
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by respect80(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
LAUWALI222:

DATE PALM
Yeah, date fruits from a date palm tree
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by demiladegold(f): 6:08pm On Jun 27, 2016
sugardad1:

3. Black Velvet Tamarind
To undertake a fruitless (in both senses) market search, you only have to keep asking for “black velvet tamarind”. If you’re interested in enjoying the sweet-tart goodness of this fruit, please forget your “shakara” and call it “lickie lickie” like everyone else.

baba dudu
Re: 4 Fruits Nigerians Don't Know The English Name by Abdgafarplenty(m): 5:07am On Jun 28, 2016
[quote author=jaydee26 post=46932118][/quote]

chai
naijatific naming Numenclature

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guys Kill Gorilla In Warri, Pose With It After Roasting It On Fire (Photos) / The Animals Boys Caught After Morning Training (Photos) / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.