Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This (932 Views)

I.O Ajilore's Prophecies: "I Saw Saraki Overcoming, Pray Against Plane Crash / Rev Father Mbaka Recharge Card: How True Is The Story? / The Church Banner I Saw On My Way In Portharcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by hijacke(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2016
Cos it is no where in the Bible that Mary had other children, and if it true, why do Catholics refer Mary as eternal virgin

Cc lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by nestaAK(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2016
Interesting
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by InfomejobsN: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2016
funny small

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by iaamxavier(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
its obvious u Dont know ur bible yes Jesus had siblings that wasn't named in the bible and yes the bible still refer to Mary as virgin u can go and read ur revelation and stop causing confusion for people abeg !
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by Lahotte(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2016
Its true they had other children but d eternal virgin part is out of my scope...
I'm not a catholic.
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by oyeludef(m): 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Op you should read ur bible more
MARK6:3
And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Judas, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Mark 6:2-4 KJV
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by ojoyentalk: 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2016
Yea,Jesus had younger siblings
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by hijacke(m): 1:28pm On Jun 26, 2016
oyeludef:
Op you should read ur bible more
MARK6:3
And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Judas, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Mark 6:2-4 KJV
The jews referred to James, Joses, Judas and Simon as Jesus brethren does not mean they were Mary's sons,
Rather according to the protoevangelium( gospels omitted in the Bible) Joseph was an elderly widower when he chose to be Mary's spouse
The perpetual virginity of Mary has always been reconciled with the biblical references to Christ’s brethren through a proper understanding of the meaning of the term "brethren." The understanding that the brethren of the Lord were Jesus’ stepbrothers (children of Joseph) rather than half-brothers (children of Mary) was the most common one until the time of Jerome (fourth century). It was Jerome who introduced the possibility that Christ’s brethren were actually his cousins, since in Jewish idiom cousins were also referred to as "brethren." The Catholic Church allows the faithful to hold either view, since both are compatible with the reality of Mary’s perpetual virginity.

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by oyeludef(m): 1:55pm On Jun 26, 2016
hijacke:

The jews referred to James, Joses, Judas and Simon as Jesus brethren does not mean they were Mary's sons,
Rather according to the protoevangelium( gospels omitted in the Bible) Joseph was an elderly widower when he chose to be Mary's spouse
The perpetual virginity of Mary has always been reconciled with the biblical references to Christ’s brethren through a proper understanding of the meaning of the term "brethren." The understanding that the brethren of the Lord were Jesus’ stepbrothers (children of Joseph) rather than half-brothers (children of Mary) was the most common one until the time of Jerome (fourth century). It was Jerome who introduced the possibility that Christ’s brethren were actually his cousins, since in Jewish idiom cousins were also referred to as "brethren." The Catholic Church allows the faithful to hold either view, since both are compatible with the reality of Mary’s perpetual virginity.
stop beating about the bush, jude is d one referred to as judas, jude is greek for judas.
Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called:
Jude 1:1 KJV

Many people were sitting around Jesus. They said to him, “Your mother, your brothers, and your sisters are waiting for you outside.” Jesus asked, “Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?” Then he looked at the people sitting around him and said, “These people are my mother and my brothers! My true brother and sister and mother are those who do what God wants.”
Mark 3:32-35 ERV

I wonder what ur reason to say mary remained a virgin after the birth of christ is. God only needed her to be a virgin for d conception of christ of which joseph her then fiance was inforned in a dream. How would God create the iinstitution of marriage( of which one of d reason was to b fruitful nd multiply and replenish d earth) and still deprive d lawful husband from touching the wife?
U said a book was omitted from d bible, if it didn't make it into d canon of scripture dat means it is questionable.
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2016
iaamxavier:
its obvious u Dont know ur bible yes Jesus had siblings that wasn't named in the bible and yes the bible still refer to Mary as virgin u can go and read ur revelation and stop causing confusion for people abeg !

James & John are bonafide sons of Mary the mother of Jesus
Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by MrPresident1: 2:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
The story of the conception/birth of Christ in the new testament is a very deep allegory. All the gospels are written in allegory.

Mary is actually Israel, the woman of God, the virgin daughter of Zion.
Joseph is the house of David, the king and husband of Israel, by God's perpetual command/promise.

There was no literal Mary who was bethrothed to a literal Joseph. The virgin birth of Christ is explained as the figurative conception or incarnation of the Word, Who is also God, in the heart of some members of the lineage of David, in other words, the Word became flesh. The Word, which is God, incarnated in the heart of chosen men of the house of David, who is the bethrothed husband of Israel by God's perpetual command. God became flesh, dwelt among flesh, and died to redeem all flesh, i.e. Israel and gentile, from the curse of the law which came about by Israel's disobedience.

Those scribes who wrote those allegories are just GENIUSES, such phenomenal mental aptitude! They are the only ones who fully understood what they wrote. It is a pity that at this point in the evolution of knowledge, we are still struggling with only the surface peripherals of the Bible.

Who wants to eat tough meat, who wants to crack strong bone and suck sweet nourishing marrow? grin

1 Like

Re: What I Saw In A Students Note At My PPA , How True Is This by Benblaq(m): 2:30pm On Jun 26, 2016
blessed virgin Mary had no other child okay??luke chpt 5 vs9 tlks aabt hw Jesus met simon at d sea , luke chp6 vs 12 tlks abt hw jesus calld d twelve apostles includin: simon(whom he named peter)nd his broda andrew, james and john, phillip and bartholomew, matthew nd thomas son of alphaeus ndsimon wu ws calld d patriot judas son of james wu became his traitor *are you okay?no!
Many years ago While Jesus ws hangin on d cross* standing close to Jesus cross were his mother,his mothers' sista mary the wife of cleopas nd mary magdalene, Jesus saw his moda nd d disciple he loved
SO HE SAID TO THE MOTHER *BEHOLD YOUR SON* THEN HE SAID TO D DISCIPLE *SHE IS YOUR MOTHER*,FROM DAT TIME THE DISCIPLE TOOK HER TO LIVE IN HIS HOME(JOHNS' GOSPEL CHPT 19 VS 25 TO 27) so hw did d other siblings come frm? Dnt b confused , come to d light

#TEAMCATHOLIC

(1) (Reply)

“i Eat Human Flesh Fresh” - Synagogue Church Confession / . / My Experience As A Catholic Missionary Priest In Angola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.