Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? (2107 Views)

Whats Your View? / How To Overcome Tough Times / How Can I Make Her A Little Tough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by staymore: 6:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
I had about 900k cash in April, my wife gave birth that same April through CS in a private hospital which cost me 300k. Feeding, maintenance, fueling, plus other bills have been spent only from this money as I have been out of job since May last year. Right now, I have only 230k left in my entire world.

Now this is the challenge.

1. I have an important course that will take me 290k to round up. No job at hand but the course is a marine course that will prepare me for better opportunities
2.My house rent expires in September and the amount is more than what I have at hand now
3. My precious daughter was born after 5yrs of marriage and I needed to thank God for her life and my wife . The dedication will cost me nothing less than 300k.

At this point I am confused. Genuine and sincere advice will be welcomed.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by buygala(m): 6:05pm On Jun 26, 2016
Sir, doesn't your wife work or have savings of her own?

Anyway, assuming she doesn't ....

Move your family to a trusted relation's house while you sort yourself out, while still making sure you take care of their apart-from-accommodation needs, as well as contrubuting reasonably to the host's house upkeep.... that way, they don't become a burden to the family they are staying with, and thus become more welcome to be comfortable there until things stabilise for you smiley

Forget about the 300k baby dedication .... its not by force to ''unveil' your baby as if she is the newest Samsung Gadget undecided... that doesnt add any quality whatsoever to her existence angry This isn't the right time to make a social statement... Put it on hold indefinitely or if you must, tone down the celebration a whole notch... what shall it profit the baby and her parents to have a lavish dedication, and then later be incapable of having the essentials of a simple existence?

Also, try investing in a small personal business, which can be bringing in funds consistently, no matter how little. .. that way, your family won't starve while you step up your hustle for a new Job or/and source for funds for your marine course smiley

12 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Destined2win: 6:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
Honestly this is a very tough scenario, but again tough times don't last but tough people do.

You didn't mention anything about your wife working or not. Let's assume she's not working.

You need to thank God for you baby and that of your wife but I don't see how that will cost you 300k. Just budget 30k for what you will buy and take your family to church.

Then talk to your landlord to exercise patience with you, God will touch his heart to understand.

Enrol in that course, pay instalmentally while you look for job.Use the balance and take care of your family. It is well
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Ask4Info: 6:15pm On Jun 26, 2016
Avoid 1 and 3 for now.

Step aside and think critically. A roof over your head is more important than the remaining two.

NOW AVOID SPENDING ANYTHING FROM THE 230K.

Go out and talk to family members and friends on helping you get a paying job or a business you can start. You can't keep deeping your hands in saved up cash without any form of any cash inflow coming in?

What job/career experience do you have? i might just suggest one or two ways for you to get back on your feet.

Please avoid being shy or egoistic. Talk to people to help you with contacts of people who need management staff / consultants or suppliers for their business. Nothing is too little to start with.

3 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Breadmaker: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2016
Does that NO3 make sense to you?

9 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by yomi007k(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2016
Bros id advice u pay ur rent n move on..dts wat I wud do to maintain balance.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Bolade005: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2016
I do not have any solution to your problem but 300k on a child's dedication? Bro, that's outrageous.

Bro, the amount of money spent on a child's dedication doesn't determine how far the child will go in life. Children whose parents didn't even kill rabbit have become kings, presidents and chairman of multinational companies. These children even end up employing those whose parents spent millions on their dedication.

Be wise. Be prudent. Be determined. Be prayerful and I know God's light will shine on you to know the path to take.

Peace to you.

3 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by staymore: 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
Ask4Info:
Avoid 1 and 3 for now.

Step aside and think critically. A roof over your head is more important than the remaining two.

NOW AVOID SPENDING ANYTHING FROM THE 230K.

Go out and talk to family members and friends on helping you get a paying job or a business you can start. You can't keep deeping your hands in saved up cash without any form of any cash inflow coming in?

What job/career experience do you have? i might just suggest one or two ways for you to get back on your feet.

Please avoid being shy or egoistic. Talk to people to help you with contacts of people who need management staff / consultants or suppliers for their business. Nothing is too little to start with.

Thanks for your advice. I have talked to friends and other contacts of mine about businesses or jobs and everybody seem to complain on how times are difficult. I thought about the rent as you said but at the same time other bills must come. No 3. Won't be relevant again after reading through some contributions here.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by johnson232: 6:56pm On Jun 26, 2016
staymore:
I had about 900k cash in April, my wife gave birth that same April through CS in a private hospital which cost me 300k. Feeding, maintenance, fueling, plus other bills have been spent only from this money as I have been out of job since May last year. Right now, I have only 230k left in my entire world.

Now this is the challenge.

1. I have an important course that will take me 290k to round up. No job at hand but the course is a marine course that will prepare me for better opportunities
2.My house rent expires in September and the amount is more than what I have at hand now
3. My precious daughter was born after 5yrs of marriage and I needed to thank God for her life and my wife . The dedication will cost me nothing less than 300k.

At this point I am confused. Genuine and sincere advice will be welcomed.
what kind of dedication is that?
u want to do another marriage?

just address no 2,& forget abt the rest...
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by staymore: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2016
Destined2win:
Honestly this is a very tough scenario, but again tough times don't last but tough people do.

You didn't mention anything about your wife working or not. Let's assume she's not working.

You need to thank God for you baby and that of your wife but I don't see how that will cost you 300k. Just budget 30k for what you will buy and take your family to church.

Then talk to your landlord to exercise patience with you, God will touch his heart to understand.

Enrol in that course, pay instalmentally while you look for job.Use the balance and take care of your family. It is well

Thanks. With ur thought my desire on child dedication has really gone down to 0%. To answer your question if my wife is working? She is not.

I appreciate.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Nigga44: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2016
Suspend the course. There is no guarantee a job is waiting for you upon completion of the course.

A baby just arrived.....and baby food/upkeep cannot be negotiated. Bro you need to go out and hustle hard. Even if working as a labourer in a construction site can help you at this moment. You don't have to be shy. Do any little thing while you're still on the look out for a bigger/better job.

I'll advise you take part of that money and move to a much smaller/affordable apartment for now. After all, you guys are only three in number. And please you should completely forget about that child dedication.

I hope things get better for you soon

6 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by staymore: 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2016
buygala:
Sir, doesn't your wife work or have savings of her own?

Anyway, assuming she doesn't ....

Move your family to a trusted relation's house while you sort yourself, while still making sure you take care of their apart-from-accommodation needs, as well as contrubuting reas on ably to the host's house upkeep.... that way, they don't become a burden to the family they staying with, and thus become more welcome to be comfortable there until things stabilise for you smiley

Forget about the 300k baby dedication .... its not by force to ''unveil' your baby as if she is the newest Samsung Gadget undecided... that doesnt add any quality whatsoever to her existence angrythis isn't the right time to make a social statement... Put it on hold indefinitely or if you must, tone down the celebration a whole notch... what shall it profit the baby and her parents to have a lavish dedication, and then later be incapable of having the essentials of a simple existence?

Also, try investing in a small personal business, which can be bringing in funds consistently, no matter how little. .. that way, your family won't starve while you step up your hustle for a new Job or/and source for funds for your marine course smiley

On investment, I have learned a lot of things within this period. Keeping money in the bank is the worst thing to do. I have read through advice here and I must say my senses on the dedication is back....would have been a wrong decision if I opted for it.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by staymore: 7:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
johnson232:

Ask me oh, my brother

But No.1 seem to be more important than No.2 because with the former the later can be taken care of.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by johnson232: 8:07pm On Jun 26, 2016
staymore:

Ask me oh, my brother

But No.1 seem to be more important than No.2 because with the former the later can be taken care of.
yeah i get your point... but considering the fact that he is a married man, his family needs a roof over their head..
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by thorpido(m): 10:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
Your rent is the most important.Just have a naming ceremony without a party.Don't worry about what anyone feels.
Try to seek a job or some form of income.Your course can come later.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by cococandy(f): 10:49pm On Jun 26, 2016
I don't even know what that one is doing on the list.
Breadmaker:
Does that NO3 make sense to you?

5 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by obiak4(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2016
Why would you have #230k and still be looking for a job Scrab number 1and 3 Bro start looking for a profitable business
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Ewuro4: 5:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Bills First.

Will madam bring anything to the table or just you?
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by thelish(f): 2:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
nairaland with madam bringing something to the table, con strong ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by crackhaus: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
johnson232:

You're acting surprised.

This is how the majority of us as Nigerians prefer to live - spend like a boss outside with only change inside the bank account. grin
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by sexymoma(f): 3:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wisdom is profitable to direct "sir"
why not think of increasing that 230k in your account
forget about those who is telling you not to spend outta the money...ma mama will say"na money we dey take find money"
forget, the 230k will never ever increase if you aren't making any move...
Sir "think of one business that will bring you money"
ok let me give you a clue of what im talking about.
dis one na sample oo
why not go online.. to me i know ladies love accessories, even if dem nor get money dem go sha buy
order dem online, "there are so many sites selling cheap accessories for resellers"
Post dem online..."there are so many site you can advertise your goods too" wey better customers go come.
Ps: I'm jos sighting an example

Two hundred and thirty thousand naira will never increase in the bank.
And expenses will surely show...
and if you are the type who doesn't like begging pple for money like me, wink it gonna be a bit difficult.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by egopersonified(f): 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
Ok dedication scrapped. Can the course be put on hold for like a year? If your rent is due in September and it's above 230k, why not set aside 6mths rent from it. Then you would have something left. If your landlord complains tell him as it is and that if after the end of six months you can't still pay him annually, you would move out.

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by johnson232: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
crackhaus:

You're acting surprised.

This is how the majority of us as Nigerians prefer to live - spend like a boss outside with only change inside the bank account. grin
so true...
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by dahmie2013: 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2016
Op, 300k 4 dedicatn, haba! D only thing dat is important in all u've listed is ur rent. If u pay out of it, ur lanlord can still pity u till u get d balance. Also, 4get d marine course 4 now, get a job & later u can do d course.
Congrats on ur new born baby!
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by Qristien: 6:00pm On Aug 24, 2016

My reply doesn't really matter now sha, but dedicating a child is through prayers and 'training up the child in the way of the Lord', and not with money.
I completely agree with buygala.

Like I said, it is not important now, but just in case someone else with a similar problem will stumble upon this thread.
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by ifyalways(f): 8:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
Pay your landlord 6 months rent in advance now that way, when and if things get bad and you fail to pay your rent as and when due,s/he will give you enough time to get yourself together.

Stock up your kitchen.

You and wify need to look for and get a job. Never go into biz with your last cash, paid employment with guaranteed income at each month end for atleast one year then you can think of investing in your education,business or whatever .

Child dedication? Obviously a joke. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by kazyhm(m): 8:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
if we know our value, decision won't be hard.

in the same vein, if we understand our problems well enough, solutions will not be far fetch

its either you choose to be a well fed slave or an hungry free man

the only genuine problem I can see is No 2

the solution is to think out ways to increase the left over money because a bird at hand is better than thousand of birds in the bush

1) you can move your family to a smaller and cheaper apartment
2) invest the money wisely
while searching for a better job
3) cut all unnecessary expenditure

when succeed in doing these, you can send yourself on any course
if you like go to space to study *home economy*

that's the road to a wealthy life
Re: Whats Your Take On This Tough Decsion? by egbaguy2: 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
if u invest 200000 from the 230000 on mmm,u get 267000 in just 30 days. invest in mmm bro

(1) (Reply)

Never Blame A Man That Doesn't Want His Wife To Work / ##### Airtime Giveaway (March Edition): 1k Airtime Each For 15 People / Man Dies While Sleeping With Neighbors Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.