Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) (7909 Views)

9 Of Some Of The Most Beautiful American Ladies In College Sports (photos) / Meet Some Of The Most Beautiful American Ladies In College Sports (photos) / Team Nigeria At The Rio Paralympics Pose With The Minister Of Sports (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
bqlekan:

And that is the reason they yanks know nothing about football. Got raped by Argentina.. Abeg brother, continue jare... grin

Lol...
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Donkaz(m): 1:45pm On Jun 27, 2016
Explorers:

I can only try the car. The rest, may be next life.
lol That 'Base jumping' is at the top of my list.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
princealexndre:
Pls what is the difference between rugby and American football sad

Sorry bro, can't make you understand because i don't have interest in both. But i wil give you a link and any nairalander with the idea can help us

http://www.diffen.com/difference/American_Football_vs_Rugby

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Donkaz:
lol
That 'Base jumping' is at the top of my list.

Waoh...That will be cool, but to make it more beautiful and memorable. You can go after Fred Fugen and Vince Reffet, they set a world base jump record by leaping off 2,717ft tallest building in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa tower after training for three years. You can do better brogrin

See the video here, its beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD4qsWnjsNU

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2611318/Watch-The-incredible-daredevil-duo-set-world-base-jump-record-leaping-2-717ft-tallest-building-world-spending-time-Swiss-mountain-used-altitude.html

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Donkaz(m): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
Explorers:

Waoh...That will be cool, but to make it more beautiful and memorable. You can go after Fred Fugen and Vince Reffet, they set a world base jump record by leaping off 2,717ft tallest building in the world, Dubai's Burj Khalifa tower after training for three years. You can do better brogrin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2611318/Watch-The-incredible-daredevil-duo-set-world-base-jump-record-leaping-2-717ft-tallest-building-world-spending-time-Swiss-mountain-used-altitude.html
ohh my!! shocked .

Its scary mere looking at the pics
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by cokoduck: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Explorers:
9. Football.

No list of dangerous sports would be complete without including football. Hard to believe but a century ago, the sport was even more brutal than it is now. Those games often left dozens dead on the field. With rudimentary protective equipment, players had their spinal cords compressed, crushed skulls and broken ribs piercing soft tissue. This was due to the practice of spearing and helmet-to-helmet collisions. The situation was terrible till President Roosevelt intervened and urged teams to curb excessive violence.

While rules have been changed to reduce fatalities, excessive tackles still happen and have led to broken bones, concussion, head and neck injuries etc. In recent times, only nine players have died on the field (but a ton of gruesome life-changing injuries), but there’s a more disturbing trend emerging. Research has found that pro football players are at risk for earlier death and dementia by 10 years, over their peers.
you mean hand egg

1 Like

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Aremu01(m): 7:37pm On Jun 27, 2016
Trouble de sleep... Yanga go dr wake am
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 4:52am On Jun 28, 2016
Aremu01:
Trouble de sleep...
Yanga go dr wake am

That's what they do, the like going to the extreme.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 5:46am On Jun 28, 2016
12. Soccer.

Soccer is one of those games that you’re either mad about. But the game takes physicality to another level, running for over 90 minutes while moving a ball with only your feet and avoiding tackles is no easy feat. With no protective gear, players are at the mercy of ruthless forms of defense including the infamous studs-up challenge and aerial body checking. Concussion, bruises and bloodied limbs, torn ACLs, shin splints etc, are some of the common injuries in soccer. Apart from a widespread occurrence of concussion and sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) among soccer players, the sport also ranks high for the amount of former players who suffer CTE due to repeated concussion. Since 2001, there have been 67 footballers who died while playing a game, died from injuries sustained while playing, or died after contact on the pitch.

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by bqlekan(m): 6:01am On Jun 28, 2016
Now I'm beginning t think OP is American.. grin

Don't call our darling football soccer now.. grin

On a more serious note bro, I think you should do 'Sportsmen who died on their field of play' I saw the video on YouTube some days back. I couldn't hold my tears

Also 'Most fatal injuries in sports' I could not watch this particular video to the end..

Give it a try bro.

1 Like

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:04am On Jul 02, 2016
13. Boxing.

Boxing is a sport in which the goal is to punch an opponent until your opponent does not get back up. While it may look like boxing gloves are big pillows, they exist to protect hands, not heads or faces. There are well over twenty deaths directly attributed to injuries sustained within the ring.
Mexican fighter Oscar Gonzalez is one of the most recent example. Back in February, he was knocked out in the tenth round of a fight, slipped into a coma and died the next day. Gonzalez was just 23 years old. While brain damage during a fightis a risk in boxing, professional fighters are known to suffer from degenerative diseases such as CTE and other mental illnesses.

http://www.craveonline.com/site/191055-lopezortiz-fight-awards-new-champion
http://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-10-deadliest-mainstream-sports/

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Dexema(m): 8:00am On Jul 02, 2016
boxing is a savage sport, same as rugby, I still wonder how the great Alli made the world so love boxing. for me base jumping would be a lifetime experience.
it's Explorers again.

1 Like

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2016
Dexema:
boxing is a savage sport, same as rugby, I still wonder how the great Alli made the world so love boxing. for me base jumping would be a lifetime experience.
it's Explorers again.

About Ali, i think when people loves you, they love everything about you. That Base Jumping, i hate heights.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by shurlar50(m): 2:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Explorers:

Leaping off 2717ft is no mean feat oh. Gazing down at the ground may make someone to lose consciousness halfway
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 3:32pm On Jul 02, 2016
shurlar50:

Leaping off 2717ft is no mean feat oh. Gazing down at the ground may make someone to lose consciousness halfway

Those guys are wizards, imagine getting to the last floor and climbing the antenna. Did you see the video?
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by shurlar50(m): 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Explorers:

Those guys are wizards, imagine getting to the last floor and climbing the antenna. Did you see the video?
I swear! I havent watched it yet.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:14am On Jul 09, 2016
shurlar50:

I swear! I havent watched it yet.

Please try and do.

2 Likes

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 6:38am On Jul 09, 2016
14. Cliff jumping/Diving.

This is jumping off a Cliff as a form of sport, when done without equipment or protective gears.

Michal Navratil of the Czech Republis is seenhere diving from the 26.5 metre platform in Antalya, Turkey.

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/365372/Sochi-s-for-softies-The-top-10-real-danger-sports

1 Like

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by pamcode(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:
14. Cliff jumping/Diving.

This is jumping off a Cliff as a form of sport, when done without equipment or protective gears.

Michal Navratil of the Czech Republis is seenhere diving from the 26.5 metre platform in Antalya, Turkey.

Source: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/365372/Sochi-s-for-softies-The-top-10-real-danger-sports
is there a river or soft landing point for him to land. White people get mind i no go lie
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2016
pamcode:
is there a river or soft landing point for him to land. White people get mind i no go lie

They dive in water and the dangerous part is hitting the floor or rocks at the bottom.

Dont even know how they score them or get their points.

Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by olite93(m): 2:39pm On Jul 09, 2016
Explorers:

They dive in water and the dangerous part is hitting the floor or rocks at the bottom.

Dont even how they score them or get their points.
I can relate 2 dis. Mehn I tried jumping in a pool head down n got distracted in mid air and forgot 2 use my arm 2 guide my head. Mehn I hit my face n broke my frnt tEeth. Twasnt 4nny. Broken teeth is d trade mark. Plannin 2 cover it wit gold soon
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 3:04pm On Jul 09, 2016
olite93:

I can relate 2 dis. Mehn I tried jumping in a pool head down n got distracted in mid air and forgot 2 use my arm 2 guide my head. Mehn I hit my face n broke my frnt tEeth. Twasnt 4nny. Broken teeth is d trade mark. Plannin 2 cover it wit gold soon

Eeyah, sorry. But this is nothing compared to cliff diving, the diving platform can be as high as 30meters or more and they have to control themselves to turn up for surface immediately after impact so that the force of the drop won't take them to hit the floor. Any mistake can lead to tragedy.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by mcyemite(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
olite93:

what a small world,tot i was the only one with this experience...am very sure my broken tooth is still in airport hotel swimming pool till today...
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by abid4akin(m): 1:26am On Jul 10, 2016
Latest Transfer news on Sport CRITICS....Join our BBM Channel --- C001B061E

Check Sport CRITICS BBM Channel (C001B061E) for front pages of newspaper across Europe ranging from Daily Mail, Sun Sport, Marca, Gazzette, Dello sport, Mundo Deportivo, Corrierre Dello Sport etc.

Make direct contact with Dambryant, Blitz, and the likes on a surreal whatsapp group chat, where we dispense and discuss great news on all sorts of sports - Football, Basketball, Rugby, MotoGP, Tennis etc..

Drop your numbers to join Sports CRITICS

You'll be Glad you join

Thanks
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:39am On Jul 10, 2016
abid4akin:
Latest Transfer news on Sport CRITICS....Join our BBM Channel --- C001B061E

Check Sport CRITICS BBM Channel (C001B061E) for front pages of newspaper across Europe ranging from Daily Mail, Sun Sport, Marca, Gazzette, Dello sport, Mundo Deportivo, Corrierre Dello Sport etc.

Make direct contact with Dambryant, Blitz, and the likes on a surreal whatsapp group chat, where we dispense and discuss great news on all sorts of sports - Football, Basketball, Rugby, MotoGP, Tennis etc..

Drop your numbers to join Sports CRITICS

You'll be Glad you join

Thanks

You can open a thread for that sir.
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by Explorers(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2016
mcyemite:
what a small world,tot i was the only one with this experience...am very sure my broken tooth is still in airport hotel swimming pool till today...

You guys are just lucky for losing tooth, do you many have died hitting a pool floor or river rocks at the bottom
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by APCsupporter: 11:08pm On Sep 08, 2016
mcyemite:
Abeg have you found a solution?, cos I also have a broken tooth!
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by mcyemite(m): 10:28am On Sep 09, 2016
APCsupporter:

Abeg have you found a solution?, cos I also have a broken tooth!
Solution to broken tooth?
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by APCsupporter: 11:08am On Sep 09, 2016
mcyemite:
Solution to broken tooth?
Yes. I have heard that there is a way to make it look less severe but i have never visited a dentist before
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by mcyemite(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2016
APCsupporter:

Yes. I have heard that there is a way to make it look less severe but i have never visited a dentist before
when did it happen?
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by APCsupporter: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2016
mcyemite:
when did it happen?
4 months ago
Re: Extreme: Some Of The World's Most Dangerous And Deadly Sports(Photos) by mcyemite(m): 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
APCsupporter:

4 months ago
thought as much,dont worry,with time it will blend with your face and u wont even remember what it was like before it got broken..you will get over it..but if you av money can change it,that i knw nothing about tho.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Samuel Eto’o Spends $1.3m On Designer Watches For Teammates / Christian Obiozor Unveiled As Enyimba Player / Oliseh - Eagles Wont Have It Easy Against Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.