Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Allardyce Named New England Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Allardyce Named New England Manager (7995 Views)

Luis Enrique Named New Spain Head Coach On 2-Year Deal / Sam Allardyce Sacked As England Manager / Roy Hodgson Resigns As England Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allardyce Named New England Manager by wezzyjasified(m): 3:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
The 61-year-old has fought off competition from Steve Bruce and Jurgen Klinsmann to take over the Three Lions reins following Roy Hodgson's resignation after Euro 2016
Sam Allardyce has been named England manager, the FA have confirmed.

The 61-year-old has taken over the Three Lions reins following Roy Hodgson's resignation on the back of the national team's Euro 2016 exit at the hands of Iceland.

Allardyce fought off competition from Hull City boss Steve Bruce and United States manager Jurgen Klinsmann to take charge of the England national team.

The former Bolton Wanderers, Blackburn Rovers and West Ham United manager has left Sunderland, who he guided to Premier League survival last season, after nine months in charge.

Allardyce has expressed his delight at being appointed manager, and admits that it is "time to deliver".

"I am extremely honoured to be appointed England manager especially as it is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted. For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football," he told the FA's official website.

"I will do everything I can to help England do well and give our nation the success our fans deserve. Above all, we have to make the people and the whole country proud.

"While my main focus will be on the senior team and getting positive results, I want to add my influence to the great work being done across the development teams at St. George’s Park – a facility I have used with my previous clubs.

"I know we have talented, committed players and it is time for us to deliver."

England face Slovakia on September 4 and Allardyce will select his first squad towards the end of August.

http://m.goal.com/s/en-gb/news/3270/england-national-team/2016/07/22/25812982/official-allardyce-named-new-england-manager?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%3F%26q%3DThe%2B61-year-old%2Bhas%2Bfought%2Boff%2Bcompetition%250Afrom%2BSteve%2BBruce%2Band%2BJurgen%2BKlinsmann%2Bto%250Atake%2Bover%2Bthe%2BThree%2BLions%2Breins%2Bfollowing%2BRoy%250AHodgson%2527s%2Bresignation%2Baft

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Ebukaidoko(m): 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
Good For Them
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Angelo45(m): 4:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ok
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by ATERI(m): 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2016
A manager that rarely wins anything to manage a national team that rarely wins anything. A perfect match!

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Agimor(m): 4:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
Like Super Eagles like Red Lion.

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by bright007(f): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2016
k
ATERI:

A manager that rarely wins anything to manage a national team that rarely wins anything. A perfect match!
......Lol

Your comment brings Arsene Wenger and Arsenal to mind.

12 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
ok
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by ednut1(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
If england can appoint him Nigeria shud appoint Mr Ibu den. Wat a joke. Rugby football tins smh

8 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by maxwelloweezy(m): 7:25pm On Jul 22, 2016
British coach okay pls check my siggy

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
yet another cadavaer why the by-product of Okocha's short spent english career ?

I assumed we could get coaches with CV's of success and pace the emphasis on success rther than nationality..

Ok,England yu'll win a competiton perhaps around 2067 and onwards if this permutaton sequence continues.No beeffs pls dnt tage me..

2 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by chrisbaby24(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
***yawns****.....abeg make I enta kitchen go check wetin man pikin go chop...!!!

3 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by infogenius(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Congrats Big Sam on your new appointment.
Big Sam is a toughee
I hope he will fare well with the Three Lions

3 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by PriNceNova(m): 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
If you reading my post, please, i need your help financially to get a drivers licence, it a basic requirement to secure a taxi job urgently, i dont have 25thousand right now and i fear the taxi will be given to someone else soon if i delay, opportunities like this is hard to find. Kindly help me. Thanks

modified: dont call me a scammer, its no scam. If you are willing to help me, dont give me a dime, there is this trusted lady on nairaland ,pattyb, its her job, pay to her on my behalf. Let her handle the process for me.

3 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by olanshi: 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Now, three lions will be one lion!

Allardyce indeed!

Sorry England, you will be better off in beach soccer. grin

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Compliant(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ok let see how he will carry that heavy burden

6 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by shamecurls(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Why?

Big Blunder!

England needs a coach like Sunday Oliseh
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by SuperSuave(m): 7:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
He'll get axed after russia2018
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by maestroferddi: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2016
Dont give up on your dream...

It took Allardyce ten years to realize a lifetime ambition.

2 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by bamac(m): 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
Issokey, it is his time now "for the main time"
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by sobmos(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
The appointment of big Sam comes as a huge shock to football lovers like me and others across the world. Not to take away anything from Sam, he's an averagely good coach and manager. But I can say categorically that he's definitely not what the three lions need at this time. The English national team is filled with immense quality of players to warranty a crappy manager. Why not employ the service of tested names like Juergen kinsman, Harry redknapp, and the likes. The English Fa is just like nigeria's NFF, all appointment is based on politics and "who you know". They should forget about winning any silverware, with this manager. The story will always be the same.

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Aare2050(m): 7:33pm On Jul 22, 2016
congratulations boss. you deserve it. kindly help dust off the pride in the 3 lions. make them humble and see them to victory.
are you tired of losing in sport betting...
check out my blog on my signature for safe soccer prediction.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by 9jatatafo(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
Agimor:

Three Lions not Red Lion
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:34pm On Jul 22, 2016
ednut1:
If england can appoint him Nigeria shud appoint Mr Ibu den. Wat a joke. Rugby football tins smh

Their top players play or played for managers who play the possessive game. Coaches like Pellegrini, guardiola, Brendan Rodgers, Pochettino, Klopp, Wenger.

Then they went for Hodgson and now Allardyce. These guys are not serious.

2 Likes

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by HRich(m): 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2016
If they like they should Appoint Pep Guardiola or Alex Ferguson, England National Team will still win nothing.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by HRich(m): 7:36pm On Jul 22, 2016
shamecurls:
Why?

Big Blunder!

England needs a coach like Sunday Oliseh
Sunday What?
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2016
Agimor:
haba Bros na three lions na
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by atuanso: 7:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
bright007:
k......Lol

Your comment brings Arsene Wenger and Arsenal to mind.

Bros let ur reason align.

Hate for Wenger has poisoned ur mind.
Didn't Wenger win the F.A cup two season back?..and has three premiship title to his
Name?

How does he fit into same category as big Sam?

This is how many of you trow unlike items into singles boxes and make it difficult for others to sought out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by dom(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Finally!!!!!
Redknapp should have been the one handing over to him. Hodgson had no business being in the first place.
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by delors(m): 7:48pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ok. Best achievement: Bolton 8th position, decades ago...Well, England kuku no Sabi play anything before. Good match

1 Like

Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by UnknownT: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2016
England matches go begin dey boring, if him carry his "up up football " kind of philosophy come. Truth is that their is no top coach in the EPL that is from England at the moment, and most National teams that have won trophies were managed by coaches from the countries. The top teams in the EPL are managed by foreigners
Re: Allardyce Named New England Manager by nonjebose(m): 7:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
Lol. I see a continuation of the long spell of trophyless campaigns for three lions. Allardyce, funny.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nwokorie Wins Gold In Paralympics Female Powerlifting / Who Is Ready To Join Me On This 2-plus Odds Journey.. / World Cup 2010 : Spain Vs Switzerland [0 - 1] On Wednesday 16th June 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.