Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,828 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

"Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis (65401 Views)

Bolanle Ambode Committed Sacrilege And Should Apologise — African Church Bishop / Christians Should Apologize To Gays - Pope Francis Says / Why True Christians Should Not Study MEDICINE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by charlsecy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Maybe God, Abraham and Lot also need to apologise to the pple of the generation of sodom!
What did Abraham and Lot do to Sodom that they should ask for forgiveness?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by sewa36447(m): 6:27pm On Jun 27, 2016
This is End Time Pope.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
hmm
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by nairalandankrah: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
The Papacy Aint The Standard. The Pope Is Not The Standard,,the Catholic Church Is Not The Standard. JESUS CHRIST is the standard..the word of God is the standard. even if the whole nations of the world come together to declare that it isnt a SIN, it remains a sin against GOD..except someone here is saying that GOD also OWES THE PEOPLE of SODOM & GOMORAH an apology for destroying them with fire..

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by ChrisArs: 6:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
obailala:

Just to clarify, the pope did not say it is not a sin, he has only said the church would be wrong to discriminate / condemn them; that should be left for God himself.
. "The church would be wrong to discriminate/condemn them"my friend let's call a spade a spade. why accomudate what will kill you
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by mizzochocinco: 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
youngaz:
Saw diz on CNN yesterday and i was lyk WTF!.........so iz Pope Francis indirectly saying homosexuality is not a sin or we shuld just embrace dem 4 who dey are??.....well lyk me i ave 8 of mah friends dat are gays bt i dnt hate dem nor do i really associate wit dem
the bible says do not judge one another rather pray for each other and that is what he is encouraging.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Collins10(m): 6:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
misreal:
lol...mr pope if i should apologize to homosexuals,then i think i should also apologize to isis and bokoharam.because a sin is a sin..
His statement is simple. If you have maltreated a gay before, apologise to him. The pope did not say you should just walk up to a gay you don't know and start apologising. Besides, gays don't walk around bombing people the way Isis and Boko Haram do... That's a poor comparison, sir.

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by bezimo(m): 6:50pm On Jun 27, 2016
Who gave the pope such authority to talk to christians, he should tell that to Catholic folks who he oversees.

That said, he should first apologise to children and their parents who his co referend father peadophiles have molested over time before coming to give such instructions in the public to christians.

Gay stuff is not acceptable to God, that explains why sodom and gomorrah and its gay inhabitants were destroyed with fire and brimestone so he cannot expect christians to apologise and celebrate gay stuff. Never!!!!
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by kobonaire(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2016
@ MrZENographer
Your assertion that the pope is the anti-Christ is confirmation of your ignorance.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by misreal(m): 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Collins10:
His statement is simple. If you have maltreated a gay before, apologise to him. The pope did not say you should just walk up to a gay you don't know and start apologising. Besides, gays don't walk around bombing people the way Isis and Boko Haram do... That's a poor comparison, sir.
k
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by CharliParker: 7:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrZENographer:

Charliparker

You people that keep quoting Christ, have u ever opened the new testaments? Christ came to fulfil his duty with the expectation that you will repent from your sins. Sin is sin only AND ONLY because they all lead to hellfire. But homosexuality is not just a sin but the height of wickedness. Assuming God planned to bring the ENDTIME to its end on 2020, because of this great wickedness and increasing perversion of human nature, he might decide its too far and bring it to as close as 2017.

Fire is fire, but fire get degrees. The higher the fire, the quicker the boiling point.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by CharliParker: 7:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrZENographer:

Charliparker

You people that keep quoting Christ, have u ever opened the new testaments? Christ came to fulfil his duty with the expectation that you will repent from your sins. Sin is sin only AND ONLY because they all lead to hellfire. But homosexuality is not just a sin but the height of wickedness. Assuming God planned to bring the ENDTIME to its end on 2020, because of this great wickedness and increasing perversion of human nature, he might decide its too far and bring it to as close as 2017.

Fire is fire, but fire get degrees. The higher the fire, the quicker the boiling point.
You are very far from what Pope said and what we are discussing here pls.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Collins10(m): 7:06pm On Jun 27, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
Apologize to me joor...
Lol. Sorry dear.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Lukay99: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
fkpboss:
In as much as the Pope was saying nonsense, he got me in that aspect "who am I to judge gay people ". Because really, we are nobody to judge and my Bible clearly tells me that "Thou shall not judge ". Thus, I stand on my opinion

There's a big difference between 1. judging someone as in guaranteeing someone is destined for hell or heaven and 2. pointing someone in the right path from a wrong doing (which is not the same as guaranteeing heaven or hell)

What both the Bible and Quran are saying is that no one can decide (Judge ) today where any one will end up (heaven/hell) on judgement day which is in the Future

you still did not answer my question bout you advising you child? Let's assume you're correct are you and the Pope now saying it's wrong for me or you or a pastor or an imam, or the Pope himself cannot points people in the right direction if these people are clearly on the wrong path? If you say yes then maybe we should all forget about going to church on Sunday or Masjid on Friday but if your answer is no then how do point people in the right path if you cannot show(judge) them that they are on the wrong path in life?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by APOSTLECHUMA: 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
IF POSSIBLE THE ANTICHRIST WILL DECEIVE THE ELECT.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by tessiko: 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
From a different perspective, some people are crucifying gays am not one. but surprisingly 1/3 of Nigerians are gays, because of d law in naija and the taboo in our cultures, in other to cover up they are into biSexual it cut across men and women. some even hide under the umbrella of "holiness, man of God, pastor, Rev, Virgin, sister, brother" some are father's yess even mothers but hiding their true identity and hurting their partners sexually. My opinion is tis: don't marry if u know that you r gay stop hurting your partner physically and emotionally, work on yourself and pray to God he will heal you and change your sexuality.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by AuroraB(f): 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Wow! Make me...Pope undecided angry
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Sheggy13(m): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
slysteel:
You Christians are funny creatures,the pope is the number one Christian and understands that Christ will not discriminate,he mingled with prostitutes,even Mary magdalene was a prostitute,the pope understands that Christ didn't come for the righteous but rather for the sinners and how do you convert sinners to become Christians? is it by judging and chasing them away? apart from the fact that appears the age bracket on niaraland dropped from 18 for to 19 i still expect them to know what Christianity actually means,secondly i dont see how what people do in their bedroom becomes my business,people have their rights so far it doesn't infringe on mine,i noticed that this is one concept that majority of Nigerians don't understand except those who live or have lived abroad,fundamental human rights is alien to naija people.
Please who made the Catholic Pope the number one Christian. Do you know the origin of the word Christian. Do you know his personal relationship with Jesus. Don't be fooled.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by BlueMagic2(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
F U C K Pope Francis & F U C K LGBT. I hope all LGBT get exterminated and wiped out like the orlando massacre or get decapitated by ISIS
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by flange: 7:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by gbengaizzHe: 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
misreal:
lol...mr pope if i should apologize to homosexuals,then i think i should also apologize to isis and bokoharam.because a sin is a sin..

I love your thinking
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by tessiko: 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2016
From a different perspective, some people are crucifying gays am not one. but surprisingly 1/3 of Nigerians are gays, because of d law in naija and the taboo in our cultures, in other to cover up they are into biSexual it cut across men and women. some even hide under the umbrella of "holiness, man of God, pastor, Rev, Virgin, sister, brother" some are father's yess even mothers but hiding their true feelings and hurting their partners sexually. My opinion is tis: don't marry if u know that you r gay stop hurting your partner physically and emotionally, work on yourself and pray to God he will heal you and change your sexuality.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by flokii: 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2016
I read about Adam & Eve not Steve.

Moreover it's not just normal to me... It's like mocking d creator

Ok bye!

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by lepasharon(f): 7:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
flokii:
I read about Adam & Eve not Steve.

Moreover it's not just normal to me... It's like mocking d creator

Ok bye!

Is a talking snake in the bible normal?

1 Like

Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by lepasharon(f): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
bezimo:
Who gave the pope such authority to talk to christians, he should tell that to Catholic folks who he oversees.

That said, he should first apologise to children and their parents who his co referend father peadophiles have molested over time before coming to give such instructions in the public to christians.

Gay stuff is not acceptable to God, that explains why sodom and gomorrah and its gay inhabitants were destroyed with fire and brimestone so he cannot expect christians to apologise and celebrate gay stuff. Never!!!!

Why do Christians that smoke, drink, lie and fornicate suddenly remember what is acceptable to God?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by emartu(m): 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2016
gocac:
silly pope.....now i know why the roman catholic is synonymous to homosexual activities, what a promotion of sexual immorality by a so called roman catholic church, no wonder GOD almighty said '' he will start his judgement from his house''. in Nigeria they will post photos of decent and indecent dressing and even threaten not to allow you into their church if you dress in a manner that is perceived to be indecent dressing. hypocrisy....!!!! nonsense. pope,cardinals,priest......in fact whites have been fooling black men since 1400. has anybody ever asked or wondered why a black man has never been a pope?? lol....ok na black sin pass shey?, while white holy pass shey? this dark and black continent called africa.... will always be fooled by their white masters.
guy get ur fact right there hav been 3 African pope stop saying nonsense
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by flokii: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2016
lepasharon:

Is a talking snake in the bible normal?

Hmmn.. I really dunno cos. m not a bible scholar, tho. I feel it wasn't a direct form of expression.

Back to d matter.. I still feel it's not normal cos. even animals go after their own opposite sex
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Tijay90(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2016
There's shame in bigotry... Pope understands that.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by Martartins(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Like every sinner gay people needs moral and religious cleansing.....By discriminating against them wont make them turn to christ.
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by bezimo(m): 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
lepasharon:

Why do Christians that smoke, drink, lie and fornicate suddenly remember what is acceptable to God?

And which Christian said smoking, lieing, drinking, fornication is acceptable to God?
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by fkpboss: 8:00pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lukay99:

There's a big difference between 1. judging someone as in guaranteeing someone is destined for hell or heaven and 2. pointing someone in the right path from a wrong doing (which is not the same as guaranteeing heaven or hell)

What both the Bible and Quran are saying is that no one can decide (Judge ) today where any one will end up (heaven/hell) on judgement day which is in the Future

you still did not answer my question bout you advising you child? Let's assume you're correct are you and the Pope now saying it's wrong for me or you or a pastor or an imam, or the Pope himself cannot points people in the right direction if these people are clearly on the wrong path? If you say yes then maybe we should all forget about going to church on Sunday or Masjid on Friday but if your answer is no then how do point people in the right path if you cannot show(judge) them that they are on the wrong path in life?
As much as i understand your points, i would like you to get mine clear. If you actually read the whole thing the pope was saying, you would understand that the "judgement " in this context is actually condemnation and not correction which is something he understood that he was not in the right position to do so as much as we aren't also .Eventhough Homosexuality is not good, i stand on my opinion
Re: "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis by feldeno: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
fkpboss:
"who am I to judge gay people? " That's the only sensible thing I was able to isolate. The rest na nonsense
because u are not sensible enough to understand it all. but i still commend u for that understanding coz some do not understand it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / Free Shopping At Apostle Suleman's Church In Lagos, Omega Fire Ministry / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo, His Wife And Children On Vacation (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.