Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,340 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Advice Needed Please - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed Please (794 Views)

Info About Kenya Visa Needed Please / Transit Visa to Nassau Bahamas : Advice Needed / Advice Needed From Nigerians Living in Hungary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed Please by Goldie88(f): 10:38am On Jun 27, 2016
I go through the this section and I am totally confused
I have not travelled outside lagos before but I would love to explore the world...
I am the first child of my parents and they are not educated
I have NCE, I had to sponsor myself in school and I am working as a teacher and have been able to gather some money, I want to travel out of the country and study nursing and also work part time because I see there is more opportunities there.
The problem now is I don't know anything about it
should I go for a tuition free University or a university where I will pay fees and be able to work also
I am confused
someone patient and sincere should advice me pls...
I want to travel out, study and make money so I can take care of my parents before they get too old.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by segunjowo(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
First of, you need to do a bit of 'shift ground' from your comfort zone in Lagos (Omo Eko).
You could go to a nearby state of Ogun, Oyo/Osun/Ondo/Ekiti.
Choose any of those states. Budget like 15k or less. Get to a motor park in the morning and board a good interstate bus then follow the flow. You don't have to know anybody in the state of your choice. Tell the driver you don't know your way around, you'd like to stop at their garage in the city you have chosen to visit. When you get there, watch closely and don't be or behave like a newbie. Tell any bike man or a cabbie you'd like to get to the nearest hotel. Don't worry about the price till you get there and make your findings regarding price for a room for a night(24hrs). If the price is fair enough, considering your budget, pay and get to your room and relax, otherwise, shift ground and locate a cheaper hotel. When you are sure and fit enough, move round the city but dont go too far away from the hotel. Always ask questions as they come to your mind. Get back to your hotel room early enough. Dont stay late outside.
Return to Lagos the next day baby. No place like home.
The journey and experience you will get should prepare you towards a bigger journey ahead of you outside the country.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed Please by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
Even if you intend going to a free tuition university in Europe, you will still need a good statement of account b4 you will be issue visa. I will advise you as a friend & as a sister. If you have money for block account, please go to Germany considering your situation so you can be able to work & also assist your parents & they pay 250euro or less in a year for tuition fees

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Deported 90 Nigerians Again / Is Otukpa Close To Central Business District? / Better City To Relocate To: Uyo Or Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.