Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,857 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? (5853 Views)

Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) / Mobile Phone Mast Dangers / Living Close To A Netwok Mast? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2009
I would like to know, because I was told that living in very close proximity to a cell phone mast has very dangerous outcomes. I and these days, rather frequently, cell phone companies pop up new masts in areas that are very close to where people live and it would serve me and other people well to know if doing such a thing has risks so that they would avoid living close to masts if they can.
A number of people whose opinion I have gotten on this issue say that it has risks. They say this is because it gives off radiations that lead to dangerous diseases like cancer. Another argument is that mobile phones give out harmful radiations and certainly, the masts they receive their signals from would give out even more radiations. But the mobile phone companies say that there are no harmful effects in living close to a mast. (then again they could be lying just so they can situate the masts in any area of their choice;we live in Nigeria so it's possible).
Any knowledge on this issue?
Re: Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? by drharry: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2009
This is a contentious issue & there is little agreement, even between experts, as to what constitutes a “safe” level of electromagnetic radiation from emitters or mobile phone masts, but logically, it could be argued that it is better to err on the side of caution until there is concensus, but the government & related bodies continue to approve unabated the siting of – and the emission levels of – mobile phone masts.

Such contentious siting especially of mobile phone masts has included obviously “problematic” areas such as on, inside, or near -

hotels,

schools, colleges,

churches,

lampposts

and other localities where the general public, and in particular, children, may often have very close contact to mobile phone masts.

For now, if your are staying near a mast already, no need to panic, there has not been any poroven case of any medical condition resulting from staying near mast but if you can dont build or rent houses where they are, just to be cautious.
Re: Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Sep 04, 2009
^I appreciate.
Since it is still in doubt, I think it should be avoided. . .cancer is not a thing to be taken lightly.
Re: Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? by MUZBO(m): 5:58am On Sep 08, 2009
Apart from a lightening strike causing the mast to collapse on your head I don't think there's anything to worry about. The cancer stories are inconclusive but so are the stories that TVs, VCRs and their remotes can cause cancer. The way the world is going tech wise, we should just pray for a cure for cancer.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Danger In Living Close To A Cell Phone Mast? by yjay(f): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2009
MUZBO:

Apart from a lightening strike causing the mast to collapse on your head I don't think there's anything to worry about. The cancer stories are inconclusive but so are the stories that TVs, VCRs and their remotes can cause cancer. The way the world is going tech wise, we should just pray for a cure for cancer.

hehehehe

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of NAFDAC? 17 NAFDAC Functions Listed. / Amazing health benefits of abere seed in managing blood sugar levels. / How To Use Coconut Oil And Vaseline For Hips & Butt Enlargement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.