Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,910 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote (1145 Views)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Benefits Of CBN's New FOREX Policy / CBN Amends New Forex Policy Over Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by missNGLatest: 10:56am On Jun 27, 2016

Aliko Dangote who is ranked the richest man in Africa lamented over the financial losses of the Dangote Group after Federal Government's Monday 20th June 2016 devaluation of the naira.

Speaking while vice president Yemi Osinbajo and Lagos governor Akinwunmi Ambode inspected construction projects at the Dangote Fertiliser and Dangote Refinery in Lekki, Lagos State on Saturday 25th June 2016, Dangote said:
"This week, the Central Bank removed the peg that has held the naira at the official rate of 197 for the last 16 months, leading to a 30 per cent devaluation as the currency traded freely on the interbank market. This devaluation alone, we have lost over 50 billion naira ($176 million).

"The gas, which is our main source of power, is priced in dollars. If there is 40 per cent devaluation, your price will go up by 40 per cent. Every single aspect of the production will go up by that percentage."

lalasticlala seun

Source: http://www.nglatest.com/2016/06/i-lost-50bn-naira-after-buharis-new.html

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by junketer(m): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Don't worry mr dangote. You even get money to lose sef. Millions of nigerians no even see money muchless losing it. The other day i waka for almost 1 hour because i dey search for 20 naira wey i bin put for my back pocket.

3 Likes

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by missNGLatest: 10:57am On Jun 27, 2016
Dangote has been buying $ at 197/$ since last year shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by DrRasheed: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2016
Gerraut rof heya. What do u want the poor masses to say ?

2 Likes

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by ojun50(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2016
My account never balance my oga go injure me 2day.
Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by mrvitalis(m): 11:01am On Jun 27, 2016
missNGLatest:
Yes and that was because he was building a refinery that will make us save billions of dollars in forex in few years time
Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by PRYCE(m): 11:06am On Jun 27, 2016
Shut up! See Dollar Billionaire complaining!
Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by MadamExcellency: 11:11am On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Yes and that was because he was building a refinery that will make us save billions of dollars in forex in few years time

May be, Government should tax every corporation N2000 a day for one year and be given to Dangote, your saviour.

I am sorry for you. That action alone is why foreign investors exited Nigerian market and more also, infant industries are collapsing. Thank goodness, the government has come to their senses to allow equality, openness and free market to take its course.

Nigerians should celebrate the liberation as if tomorrow no dey. Our losses, Dangote's gains

1 Like

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by FreeWorld23: 11:20am On Jun 27, 2016
missNGLatest:
yes! He has access to forex.
Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by mrvitalis(m): 11:26am On Jun 27, 2016
MadamExcellency:

May be, Government should tax every corporation N2000 a day for one year and be given to Dangote, your saviour.

I am sorry for you. That action alone is why foreign investors exited Nigerian market and more also, infant industries are collapsing. Thank goodness, the government has come to their senses to allow equality, openness and free market to take its course.

Nigerians should celebrate the liberation as if tomorrow no dey. Our losses, Dangote's gains
U need basic economics
Who stops u from building a refinery??
Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by MadamExcellency: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

U need basic economics
Who stops u from building a refinery??

Just because you have no business to know how hard we've been through since the dubious policy? Continue living on Nairaland while things degenerate out of plan.

1 Like

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by mrvitalis(m): 1:57pm On Jun 27, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Just because you have no business to know how hard we've been through since the dubious policy? Continue living on Nairaland while things degenerate out of plan.
Thank u..
U better know the origin of ur problem
U better know there is no solution that's won't take years( next time Nigerians would be interested in what is happening to the forex reserves)

1 Like

Re: I Lost 50bn Naira After Buhari's New Forex Policy - Dangote by MadamExcellency: 2:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
mrvitalis:

Thank u..
U better know the origin of ur problem
U better know there is no solution that's won't take years( next time Nigerians would be interested in what is happening to the forex reserves)

I thought you had a considerable knowledge of classroom economics but alas you disappointed me.

Benin Republic and Cameroon still issue Forex to many Southeast businesses that recently registered there for the very purpose of evading hash monetary policies of this administration hence your excuses are lame.

The problem Nigeria had was blocking the incoming dollars from overseas with government useless monetary and fiscal policies hence demand exceeded supplied Forex coming from sales of crude oil which was supposed to contribute nothing more than 40% - 50% of forex supply.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CBN, Citibank Execute First Naira-settled OTC FX Futures Of $20m / Oil Tanker Vessels For Chartering / MITM Scam, Don't Fall Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.