Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) (17341 Views)

Checkout This Nigeria-made Mobile Mechanic Truck (photo) / Here’s Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On An Empty Tank / See Why You Should Never Drive Your Car On Empty Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by henrygale(m): 7:13am On Jun 29, 2016
ramdris:
So anytime I see truck,make I pack or wetin u b dey try talk sef. If thats the case nobody go dey move for Lagos cos truck plenty pass car sef.
He's tryna tell u not to linger for long driving beside a big truck. It's either u overtake and go or u wait till there's a space to over take before u do.
Simple! Press 1 if u want it in ur local dialect, or press 2 if u understand already! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by kuuljay(m): 7:16am On Jun 29, 2016
Trucks gives me shivers,i was once in a ministers convoy and after trying severally to over take a truck with wailing sirens the driver of the truck obviously pissed off waved us to go ahead and overtake him,we did... only to realise too late that there was another truck heading towards us...only God can explain how we came out alive that day

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 29, 2016
donbenedict:
with which network abeg? Mtn or vmobile? grin

You are still a kid. Don't worry when you get one (car) you will understand better
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by lagosrd: 7:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Not only drive side by side also keep a reasonable distance between you and a truck from any angle

Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by ebig21(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2016
kuuljay:
Trucks gives me shivers,i was once in a ministers convoy and after trying severally to over take a truck with wailing sirens the driver of the truck obviously pissed off waved us to go ahead and overtake him,we did... only to realise too late that there was another truck heading towards us...only God can explain how we came out alive that day

The truck driver is a vampire ooo, why will it want to lead you to your death. I used it because only an animal can behave like him
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by donbenedict(m): 7:40am On Jun 29, 2016
Gentle2015:

You are still a kid. Don't worry when you get one (car) you will understand better
was joking naa.. wetin sef.
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2016
Nice write-up,

Don't forget this also

Never drive at the back of a long truck conveying long iron rods, if those iron falls mistakenly death is sure

Stay safe
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by 0ubenji(m): 8:23am On Jun 29, 2016
Them no dey tell blind man say rain dey fall
- Aristotle (15 B.C)
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by Peacefulgold(m): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2016
Nice one.....noted....
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by olaolaking: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2016
This is simply a common sense. The summary is don't stay close to a truck for too long when driving.
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by ivyy(f): 8:58am On Jun 29, 2016
I hate those things angry I see them as the devil himself any time I sight them on the road grin

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by Alert(f): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2016
Goldenheart:
issit me; i hear voices when driving, before i over take a truck.
|
voice: oya accelerate
me: what if a car just appear 4rm no where
voice: u c any car, why u dey mumu like this? do fast
me: na true, i no see any car.

then i ovatake.

You are crazy grin
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by InfomejobsN: 9:33am On Jun 29, 2016
Good Advice

Check My Signature for Daily Job Info
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by starlingbawa(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2016
ramdris:
So anytime I see truck,make I pack or wetin u b dey try talk sef. If thats the case nobody go dey move for Lagos cos truck plenty pass car sef.

What is wrong in simply acknowledging the moral of the story?
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by starlingbawa(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2016
d33types:

these huge trucks have lots of blind spots hence they will hardly see around them, hence we don't treat them like normal car vehicles.
if behind them, overtake asap,
in front of them, speed off asap.

If beside them,be more careful cos in Nigeria, they change lane like devils. Either move fast or slow down but they shouldn't be directly beside you.

.Most of these trucks use the fast lane even when on cruising speed,thus tempting you to overtake from the wrong side

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by professore(m): 9:41am On Jun 29, 2016
Concise and nice
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by sweetgala(m): 9:46am On Jun 29, 2016
ramdris:

Given Nigerians have a poor understanding of the rules of the road u'll explain as best to you. In the country where I live and many other countries in a multi lane carriageway we have what's called the fast lanes and slow lanes. It is not unusual to see cars sit behind trucks on dual carriageway and then overtake when there is enough space to do so.

The OP forgot to mention cross winds which can blow you right into the trucks path
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by kuuljay(m): 10:01am On Jun 29, 2016
ebig21:

The truck driver is a vampire ooo, why will it want to lead you to your death. I used it because only an animal can behave like him
my dear some of them are usually on hard drugs
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by 0955eb027(m): 11:48am On Jun 29, 2016
oriflamebaby1:
Has the op ever travelled to ogbomosho? The road are filled with 95% truck driving recklessly. I hate that road with passion! Nigerian government are irresponsible when it comes to road maintainance
I can actually relate to this; During my University of Ilorin days, its always scary to ply the road. There was a day a bus i boarded was almost involved in an head on collission, only for the driver to swerve into the bush. Still grateful we came through.
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by loomer: 12:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
See the road u use as pix and u expect person not to drive side be side
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by thesicilian: 1:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
sureguy02:

shocked
I think we should start driving on the trucks
Hahaha
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by thesicilian: 1:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
nextstep:

I stay enough far behind trucks unless I'm going to overtake so that I can react to rollback or swerves. Even then, as I'm approaching, I look at the road ahead of them, to see if there are potholes or other obstructions that will make them swerve. Then I honk loudly and pray nothing happens as I go past. I've survived a worn tire thread once (though the tire ate my fender to pieces and scraped off part of my bumper).

For those who like to put head and get close to trucks, I give them extra distance. My best friend, a far better driver than I am, tries to teach me to be more aggressive, but I'm ok going slow and giving distance... I will arrive there 10 minutes later at the worst.

Hahaha. Better safe than sorry.
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by busomma: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
In normal driving society, trucks are never allowed on the left lane of any highway. They're all restricted to the right lanes only. Secondly, driving rule 101 forbids any sort of over taking on the right hand side. But in Nigeria, anything goes. That's why our pot hole ways ( not highways ) are killing fields.
Re: Why You Should Never Drive Alongside A Large Truck (Photo) by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Where on earth does a truck driver change lane quickly? Maybe in Nigeria though, as for me I just don't stay long on their blind spots, period.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Dangers And Consequences Of Over-speeding While Driving / 4 Major Signs That Your Car Needs A Tune Up / Types Of Smoke From Your Car Exhaust Pipe And What It Indicates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.