Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? (1261 Views)

Girl Born Without Eyes In Kenya, Cries To Death As Mum Refused To Breastfeed Her / Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / 10 Health Benefits Of Onions, Garlic And Ginger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by Benblaq(m): 5:47pm On Jun 27, 2016
when i ws younger i would stand beside my mother in the kitchen everyday cooking with her. One of the thing that was a mystery to me what that each time she slices the onion into half, my eyes r always irritated. When i try to run she would say "my friend will u come back here?dnt u knw it clears d eyes?". I grew wit that mentality,when i got to d university, i askd my roommates abt it,nd they bluntly disagreed wit me,we argued for almost two days; surfing d net nd goin bck to biology textbooks..Its almost 5yrs nw since we separated nd i still cnt unravel d truth.. Nairalanders what do u think is the health benefits of onion to d eyes?
While others claim that it only cause u damages; i tink different though

Mature nd serious comments pls
Re: What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2016
U know Nigeria won't believe it does because it comes cheap.. Its true, it clears d eye.
Re: What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by Benblaq(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ighoga898:
U know Nigeria won't believe it does because it comes cheap.. Its true, it clears d eye.
of what na
Re: What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
Benblaq:
of what na
Excuse u
Re: What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by MrKamar(m): 6:53pm On Jun 27, 2016
Benblaq:
when i ws younger i would stand beside my mother in the kitchen everyday cooking with her. One of the thing that was a mystery to me what that each time she slices the onion into half, my eyes r always irritated. When i try to run she would say "my friend will u come back here?dnt u knw it clears d eyes?". I grew wit that mentality,when i got to d university, i askd my roommates abt it,nd they bluntly disagreed wit me,we argued for almost two days; surfing d net nd goin bck to biology textbooks..Its almost 5yrs nw since we separated nd i still cnt unravel d truth.. Nairalanders what do u think is the health
benefits of onion to d eyes?

While others claim that it only cause u damages; i tink different though

Mature nd serious comments pls

It's because it makes water (tears) to run out from the
eyes, and tears itself clear the eyes grin hope I'm right cheesy
Re: What Is The Truth About Onions And Our Eyes? by optm(m): 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
sm onion hv high sulphur content nd this sulphur irritates the eyes hence causing d tearing u xperience. one of the fxn of tears is to cleans d eyes. d tearin in dis scenario is a mechanism fr d eyes to wash off d irritants nd it does nt in anyway hlp to improve ur eye health .

(1) (Reply)

Home Remedies For Kidney Stone / Top 10 Ways To Get Rid Of Houseflies/mosquitoes / Baking Soda For PID: Benefits And Uses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.