Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

How To Unhide Files Hidden By Virus On Your PC - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Unhide Files Hidden By Virus On Your PC (1032 Views)

10 Hidden Features In Google Chrome You Didn't Know About / Can I Remove A Virus Without Antivirus Software? / Caution! Here Are Signs To Know If Your Laptop Is Infected By Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Unhide Files Hidden By Virus On Your PC by phveektor(m): 6:46pm On Jun 27, 2016
Copying a file to a removable media is almost old fashion, but there are people who still use such technique.
Malware attack

There is this type of malware that, if attacks a PC, will make files copied on a removable media hidden.

Even if checking the content of such Media shows there are files on it, a user will still not be able to see the files present on such media.

Following the below listed procedure can help restore the visibility of such files:
Update and scan the PC with a good antimalware

The first aid to fixing a PC infected with a malware is to scan such PC with an up to date Antivirus/antimalware software.
Scan the infected media

Once the PC has been confirmed to be free from malware, the next thing is to scan the affected media.
Command prompt

Open the command prompt with super user privileges and enter the following command:

attrib -r -h -s -a /s /d G:*.*
Don't just enter the command get the meaning here...http://draynehub.com/how-to-restore-files-hidden-by-malware-on-windows/

(1) (Reply)

Drivers Update / Learn How To Hack Wifi / I'm In Abuja I Need Very Clean And Affordable Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.