Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. (1637 Views)

‘Doctor’ Sucks Patients’ Sperm In Minna, Niger State (Photo) / How Some Private Hospitals Mistreat Patients / EFCC Seals St Solomons Health Care, Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Askmewhy(m): 11:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
I was at St phenomena hospital this weekend and my experience was horrible! I rushed my daughter to the hospital on Sunday and waited for good three hours before a doctor attending to the multitude of crowd could briefly attended to us. He recommended admission and my girl was taken to children ward. While my girl was being place on a bed I heard a sharp outburst of tear and sorrow from the ward when a woman was rolling on the floor. And that single doctor attending to the crowd rushed to the children ward, saw him trying to press the baby's chest but it was too late. Less than two hours later another patient lost his life that same Sunday. If you are in benin city and you are familiar with St phenomena you will know is not a small hospital. They are marking 75th this year. To make the matter worst another doctor that supposed resume work today by 8pm failed to show up and the doctor that has been working since pick her things and left even as at now am yet to set my eyes on any doctor. Come and hear different complaints on Sundays as parents and patients were lamenting and condemning this wicked act of cutting cost at the expense of people's life, it was then I realised y people die any how and the hospital Management is doing nothing to correct this wicked act. Even when patients were complaining of inadequate staffing and threatening telling management of what patients are gong through one of the staff was pointing to some phone numbers that the man is free to call.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by mast555(m): 12:10am On Jun 28, 2016
dats tru
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 1:04am On Jun 28, 2016
Askmewhy:
I was at St phenomena hospital this weekend and my experience was horrible! I rushed my daughter to the hospital on Sunday and waited for good three hours before a doctor attending to the multitude of crowd could briefly attended to us. He recommended admission and my girl was taken to children ward. While my girl was being place on a bed I heard a sharp outburst of tear and sorrow from the ward when a woman was rolling on the floor. And that single doctor attending to the crowd rushed to the children ward, saw him trying to press the baby's chest but it was too late. Less than two hours later another patient lost his life that same Sunday. If you are in benin city and you are familiar with St phenomena you will know is not a small hospital. They are marking 75th this year. To make the matter worst another doctor that supposed resume work today by 8pm failed to show up and the doctor that has been working since pick her things and left even as at now am yet to set my eyes on any doctor. Come and hear different complaints on Sundays as parents and patients were lamenting and condemning this wicked act of cutting cost at the expense of people's life, it was then I realised y people die any how and the hospital Management is doing nothing to correct this wicked act. Even when patients were complaining of inadequate staffing and threatening telling management of what patients are gong through one of the staff was pointing to some phone numbers that the man is free to call.
This is a one sided story and its not funny. Now lemme speak for the doctors so that equation will be balanced...Yes we know human life is sacred and all that. But ina situation where patients refuse to pay,some dump their patients in the hospital while othere simply pay part payment and abscond. How then is the hospital expected to provide medicall supplies as well as man power needed. Even staff motivation would be poor because they arent paid on time and they are human beings like me and you. They have families to feed as well. Doctors didnt study mesicine for charity work,they did it to help humanity and improve their living condition. Stop heaping all the blames on hospitals,heap it as well on Government that failed to provide a competent health insurance scheme as well as patients that refused to pay and keep blaming the economy for their woes.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by CAPSLOCKED: 1:47am On Jun 28, 2016
"ST PHENOMENA" ?

I THINK IT SHOULD BE "ST PHILOMENA".

CATHOLICS...
CATHOLIC SEC SCHOOLS STARVE THOSE KIDS TO DEATH. THEIR FEES ARE USUALLY HIGH MEANWHILE THE WELFARE IS TERRIBLE.

CATHOLIC HOSPITALS ARE NOT IT.
THEY'RE USUALLY EXPENSIVE AND WON'T EVEN GIVE YOU PANADOL UNTIL YOU PAY THE COMPLETE MONEY.
IF YOU LIKE BE BLEEDING LIKE YOU'RE A NEWLY DRILLED BOREHOLE... THAT'S YOUR BUSINESS, AS LONG AS YOU'RE NOT ON THE BED YET, TO STAIN THEIR PRETTY BED SHEETS.

IN CHURCHES, THEY KNOW YOU THAT DON'T GIVE OFFERING MONEY, AS WELL AS THE OTHER MAN THAT GIVES 5 TIMES IN EVERY SERVICE.

AT CATHOLIC SHOWS YOU CAN'T EVEN GET SACHET WATER FOR FREE.... AND THEY'RE THE RICHEST NON GOV ASSOCIATION IN THE WORLD.

ALL THE MONEY THEY STACKING UP IS FOR GOD IN THE HEAVENS ABOVE OR WHAT WHEN THEY CAN'T EVEN BE CHARITABLE TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD ON EARTH!

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I'M PART OF THE SYSTEM. BUT ITS A COMPLETELY SCREWED UP SYSTEM!
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Askmewhy(m): 6:16am On Jun 28, 2016
Justdulla:

This is a one sided story and its not funny. Now lemme speak for the doctors so that equation will be balanced...Yes we know human life is sacred and all that. But ina situation where patients refuse to pay,some dump their patients in the hospital while othere simply pay part payment and abscond. How then is the hospital expected to provide medicall supplies as well as man power needed. Even staff motivation would be poor because they arent paid on time and they are human beings like me and you. They have families to feed as well. Doctors didnt study mesicine for charity work,they did it to help humanity and improve their living condition. Stop heaping all the blames on hospitals,heap it as well on Government that failed to provide a competent health insurance scheme as well as patients that refused to pay and keep blaming the economy for their woes.

My guy say what you know and not what u don't know. I work in a reputable organisation where they deduct as much as 600k per annum to this health insurance, what else do I need to do? Why do I need to blame government when I went to private hospital for treatment? Why on earth will I say doctor should treat me free? Pls. Be careful of what you say so that you don't get God's wrath because as am typing this my heart is bleeding because of my baby's condition and what people are going through here. So both who paid and people presumed not to have paid according to you should be loosing their and their life's and loved ones life.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
Askmewhy:

My guy say what you know and not what u don't know. I work in a reputable organisation where they deduct as much as 600k per annum to this health insurance, what else do I need to do? Why do I need to blame government when I went to private hospital for treatment? Why on earth will I say doctor should treat me free? Pls. Be careful of what you say so that you don't get God's wrath because as am typing this my heart is bleeding because of my baby's condition and what people are going through here. So both who paid and people presumed not to have paid according to you should be loosing their and their life's and loved ones life.
you even have health Insurance and youbare complaining,why not go to another hospital then/why must everyone stick to the same stereotype...This aint about Gods wrath,stop attributing everything to Gods wrath,God Made man to succeed but due to mans negligience,dishonesty and waywardness man decided to fail. Switch Hospitals,there isnt just one in that state,crying on nairaland wont help you,but taking the necessary action thats what saves lives.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 29, 2016
Justdulla:

you even have health Insurance and youbare complaining,why not go to another hospital then/why must everyone stick to the same stereotype...This aint about Gods wrath,stop attributing everything to Gods wrath,God Made man to succeed but due to mans negligience,dishonesty and waywardness man decided to fail. Switch Hospitals,there isnt just one in that state,crying on nairaland wont help you,but taking the necessary action thats what saves lives.
wat r u even saying? initially she neva said anything abt moni. secondly wat if dats d hospital her insurance is registered to. nigga u no gt talk joor.next time read wel bfor writing
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 29, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
wat r u even saying? initially she neva said anything abt moni. secondly wat if dats d hospital her insurance is registered to. nigga u no gt talk joor.next time read wel bfor writing
Oga u can switch hospitals on NHIS stop yarning as if am not a beneficiary..Truth is the OP already knew about the state of the hospital and she came here to start complaining bout the service they render now drawing her infant into the whole mix. I just hate it when Nigerian portray like we dont have option,its either u switch allegiance or bear the brunt and sto complaining.It hasent gotten better since 1960 and it wont get better today.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 3:05am On Jun 29, 2016
Justdulla:

Oga u can switch hospitals on NHIS stop yarning as if am not a beneficiary..Truth is the OP already knew about the state of the hospital and she came here to start complaining bout the service they render now drawing her infant into the whole mix. I just hate it when Nigerian portray like we dont have option,its either u switch allegiance or bear the brunt and sto complaining.It hasent gotten better since 1960 and it wont get better today.
u dnt still get d point. if she had known earlier dont I tink she wld av done dat. didn't I read d thread well. she said ''now I know y people die alot in d hospital''. if she had known dat d deaths wer due to poor.management u tink say she go still cum?
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 29, 2016
nnamdiokere45:
u dnt still get d point. if she had known earlier dont I tink she wld av done dat. didn't I read d thread well. she said ''now I know y people die alot in d hospital''. if she had known dat d deaths wer due to poor.management u tink say she go still cum?
tor u may be right there...I conceed...but i believe she knew already cos she stays in that same vincinity.
Re: I Now See Reasons Why Patients Die Any How At St Phenomena Hospital Benin. by health2wealth: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2016
We always say, preventive healthcare is the sure way to go. Health insurance policies are design to benefit the companies. Best thing is to invest in your family preventive healthcare. Just call me on 07066999466 on more info.

(1) (Reply)

Franco, World’s Fattest Man Is Ready For Surgery / Frequent Malaria Attack, What Could Be The Solution? / Ogun Town Where Residents Bathe Once In 10 Days (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.