Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

US Consular Approved My Visa But Is Taking Longer Time To Process - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Consular Approved My Visa But Is Taking Longer Time To Process (464 Views)

U.S. Embassy Closes Abuja Consular Section / Visa Application; US Embassy Closes Consular Section In Abuja Indefinitely. / A White Man Express Joy On Getting A Nigerian Visa, But Received A Savage Reply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

US Consular Approved My Visa But Is Taking Longer Time To Process by Usha2016: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2016
Hi My name is Usha currently i'm trying to reenter in USA as an immigrant. I had my interview in April 29 2016 the consular didn't asked too many questions not even about my previous stay and he approved me by giving an approval cheat and said your visa has been granted and will be issued within couple of weeks but it has now been more than 6 weeks and in bewteen that they asked for my old passport which i gave it to them and told me that i had overstayed in my past stay at USA after that they again asked me if i had got any request for extension of stay whic i cleary didn't had instead i gave them my work permit which was valid till dec 6 2011 and consular told me that within 4 5 days i would be hearing from them but it has been more than 2 weeks since then and i havent heard anything from them and this has made me worried. rest of my details are as follows
I entered as student visa in 2007,came back in Dec 2009, again entered in 2010 with same status ,filed asylum due to fear in my country, still I was maintaining my student visa, after getting workpermit in dec2010, I got job in hospital started working so could not go to school, unfortunately my case was denied, again I filed in immigation same office, in LA. Aneheim, they issued NTA saying date needs to be set while Waiting date to go court, my daughter got seriously ill so in may 29 th I departed voluntarily,SO I never had illigal presence, I had workpermit until December 6, 2011 and left USA in 2012 may 29 th, I never violated the law.
So I would like to any personel who have a knowledge about this to assume the concluson of this.

(1) (Reply)

How To Stay Safe While Studying/travelling Abroad / "Don't Visit 20 Nigeria States" America Warn Its Citizens / Christmas: Here Are 5 Places, Events, & People You Need To Visit This Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.