Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,417 members, 7,846,753 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN (20363 Views)

Egypt Devaluation To Test CBN Resolve On Naira / Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. / Precautionary Tips To Help Minimize Scam On Your Atm/debit/credit Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by computerboy: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2016
Waiting for stanbic to adhere.

4 Likes

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by dearie(m): 2:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
There's nothing new in the policy. The only amendment as it were is the inclusion that Letters of Credit, Bills for Collection and other invisible transactions will now be funded at interbank I.e using interbank rates as against the CBN official rates it used to be.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 2:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=18pt] I still don't know how we all fell for this scam called change and how we are to get raid of it...God bless GEJ and prof okonjo iweala.
[/size]

Work on yourself first.

3 Likes

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by computerboy: 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
dearie:
There's nothing new in the policy. The only amendment as it were is the inclusion that Letters of Credit, Bills for Collection and other invisible transactions will now be funded at interbank I.e using interbank rates as against the CBN official rates it used to be.

There are a little changes like the new limit. Many banks are limiting withdrawal at $50 daily. I just pray the banks will adhere promptly.

3 Likes

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
This looks like a recent release, but a policy reversal to like before.

Won't this cause further drain on the Naira?

Have they taken proper look at the implications on the Naira?

Are we banking source of Forex on foreign investors showing up, or we can now fund this?

My wild guess: trying to lure BM customers to the inter-bank market, or in other words, inter-bank market would be the new 'Sabo' or 'online Sabo' if you will, with profit margins on what deals in the FMDQ rates. Technically shutting down the 'black market', and diverting that sales volume to the banks (that could actually lure investors into the FMDQ market . . . increasing inflow of Forex).
Less volume/pressure/demand on the 'Black market' would ultimately drive the BM rates towards the inter-bank rates . . . ummm . . .. undecided

The big question: what would be the gap between the FMDQ and inter-bank rates? Definitely not the N282 to $1 @ the FMDQ rates, to the present inter-bank rates of N310-N340! That is immoral and a disservice to the people . . . it will ATEOTD, still keep the BM rates attractive for round tripping and not encourage people to send money home via western union or money gram, rather, send it to domiciliary account or by hand, where they can access their raw paper, and head to 'Sabo' with it.

P.S. The yuan deal, what's up?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Gtb charged me for domain name registration 4000 for $9.99
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
centboy123456:

Now people now know the diff btw GEJ and and apc and people eye don open #GodblessGEJ
...........Yes !!! GEJ appo CBN GOV .EMeifele or whatever the Name is and na During GEJ regime CBN introduced Dailly Limit withdrawal ! grin grin grin
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Affable200(m): 2:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
What of ATM charges. Getting a new ATM and withdrawing from another bank.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by bizza45: 2:39pm On Jun 28, 2016
redcap:

Jargon all the way, they said no limit yet there is 300$ Daily withdrawal limit And $50000 limit per annum. Pls who wrote this nonsense.where is that OBJ pics sef. angry

haha Guy u wicked die
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by centboy123456(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
thaoriginator:
[size=15pt]GEJ is a common criminal like Fayose, Dasuki, Saraki and Shekau. God bless PMB![/size]

See this one still saying at this time am sure u are not in this country cuz if u are u go see waiting dey happen people now see the change as sacm and u are still here saying dis na wow na only gOd go help u

1 Like

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by erico2k2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
salabscholar01:
If you really do not understand much what the update is talking about, please calm and wait for politics... That is where Nigeria have much talents, and still obviously blind. I am already seeing illicit comments from quotas... sometimes our silent is much appreciated cool
Such statement can only come from one who is ignorant and full of em selves.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
An independent Central Bank that cannot determine foreseeable consequences of her policies, creates a directionless economy and burdens the masses with sharp pains in Financial Adjustment.. when you have a Redeemed Pastor for your Central bank.. this is what happens. using Moses Economics in this day and age. the white hair on his deranged moustache is not wisdom... it is ultimate economic fuckerry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by bumi10(m): 2:54pm On Jun 28, 2016
how confused can this cbn and apc government be?

can someone please explain this statement to me....

The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday said transactions done through electronic channels and Pointof-Sales (PoS) terminals are not subject to daily limit as settlement for the cards shall continue to be with interbank funds.

However, the maximum limit for naira debit and credit cards utilization shall be US$50,000.00 per annum. In addition, daily cash withdrawal limit is pegged at US$300.00 per person per day, and subject to monthly rendition of returns by Authorised Dealer banks and card issuers to the CBN.

does it mean you can transact up-to $2m via posin a day or that is still subject to $300 per day.

Cbn is becoming a problem to this country.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by bejeria101(m): 2:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
Its stupid policies like dis i dnt undastand,$300 daily? Can that pay your hotel bills? Your own money fa! Nobody say you thief am.they no write pdp ontop,na wa.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by andy4d2ofus(m): 3:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Wow good news.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Asiwaju9ja(m): 3:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
themosthigh:
[size=18pt] I still don't know how we all fell for this scam called change and how we are to get raid of it...God bless GEJ and prof okonjo iweala.
[/size]

You wait till the next elections toget RAID of them.

1 Like

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by pacino26(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
No Limit, then I saw limit

What's the rate? The naira is now a student of Hogwarts floating in the air ba?

1 Like

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) yesterday said transactions done through electronic channels and Pointof-Sales (PoS) terminals are not subject to daily limit as settlement for the cards shall continue to be with interbank funds.

However, the maximum limit for naira debit and credit cards utilization shall be US$50,000.00 per annum. In addition, daily cash withdrawal limit is pegged at US$300.00 per person per day, and subject to monthly rendition of returns by Authorised Dealer banks and card issuers to the CBN.

*No limit on POS, online, and other electronic payment channels i.e. if you are schooling overseas, and need to pay say $10,500 you can do it in one-go/swipe, or if you have hotel bills for say $6 or $16,000, you can swipe it in one-go. You go to China, you buy a truck load of 'Gstrings', computers, phones, or toothpicks, if POS payment is available, you can in one swipe. You go online, you sight an Audemars Piguet 24 carat diamond laced gold wrist watch for $90,000, just pay in 'one-go'; it will go. wink

EDIT: There is a limit if you are checking out in $ (now that's confusingly crazy) to the above ($50k/annum) . . . sorry, you can't buy that 90k watch.

*Limit ($300/day, $50K/annum) on ATM withdrawal . . . for taxis, house rent, 'oloshos' (strictly cash) lipsrsealed, candy or 'Mary Jane' (strictly cash) tongue . . . few things you will actually need physical cash for.

P.S. Cumulative $ spend for both ATM, online, and POS = $50k/annum

The best I can do.

6 Likes

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 3:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
bumi10:
how confused can this cbn and apc government be?

can someone please explain this statement to me....

does it mean you can transact up-to $2m via posin a day or that is still subject to $300 per day.

Cbn is becoming a problem to this country.

I explained it in the post above this.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Stop helping banks make profit silly, limit or no limit how do you ensure that banks are settling $ transactions at the so called cbn stipulated rate? If you can't police the banks you might as well let everyone including the banks source $ at the black market and then use the government $ reserve to build roads , provide electricity and create the much needed infrastructure, so private sector can create jobs.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by yungryce: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
computerboy:
Waiting for stanbic to adhere.

i think dey complied. i got a msg directing me to link for new limits with a rate of 310/usd
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
989900:

I explained it in the post above this.
As long as your pos transaction is in naira, you are fine , but if you are transacting in $ ur daily and yearly limit is $300 and $50000 respectively. But if you have to swipe then you can as long as u don't spend more than 50000 a year.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
blueseacats:
As long as your pos transaction is in naira, you are fine , but if you are transacting in $ ur daily and yearly limit is $300 and $50000 respectively. But if you have to swipe then you can as long as u don't spend more than 50000 a year.

Oh, OK.

Meaning there is a cumulative limit ($50k/annum) for ATM, POS, and online, which you can decide to exhaust in a minute (via online or POS), or spread over a 12 month period.

That's what it means, right?

If you checkout online or on foreign POS in Naira, that is limitless? undecided

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 989900: 4:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
yungryce:

i think dey complied. i got a msg directing me to link for new limits with a rate of 310/usd

When pls?

Last message I got from them was $50 ATM and $100 cumulative daily spend.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by 912(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2016
dearie:

Oga CBN doesnt have fixed official rate anymore.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by macherie1: 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
I give up on CBN.Someone wake me up when Emefiele finally exits.Tweaking economic policies like a DJ is a sign of extreme cluelessness and confusion.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
989900:

Oh, OK.

Meaning there is a cumulative limit ($50k/annum) for ATM, POS, and online, which you can decide to exhaust in a minute (via online or POS), or spread over a 12 month period.

That's what it means, right?

If you checkout online or on foreign POS in Naira, that is limitless? undecided

Exactly bro, that's all they are trying to say .

1 Like

Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by olurotimi1: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
My question is I want to pay for my PR application of C$1550. Will it go? I use firstbank Naira MasterCard.
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by computerboy: 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
yungryce:

Got the message too but it was talking about rate not limits
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by yungryce: 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
computerboy:

Got the message too but it was talking about rate not limits
sorry. my bad
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by jydeskill1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
MAY GOD HELP TO OPEN YOUR EYES THEN YOU WILL THANK GOD THAT BUHARI IS AT THE HELMS OF AFFAIRS IN THIS COUNTRY OTHERWISE BY NOW YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR ASYLUM IN NIGER OR MALI.
themosthigh:
[/size]
Re: No Limit On Naira Debit, Credit Cards Utilization On E-channels – CBN by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
989900:
This looks like a recent release, but a policy reversal to like before.

Won't this cause further drain on the Naira?

Have they taken proper look at the implications on the Naira?

Are we banking source of Forex on foreign investors showing up, or we can now fund this?

My wild guess: trying to lure BM customers to the inter-bank market, or in other words, inter-bank market would be the new 'Sabo' or 'online Sabo' if you will, with profit margins on what deals in the FMDQ rates. Technically shutting down the 'black market', and diverting that sales volume to the banks (that could actually lure investors into the FMDQ market . . . increasing inflow of Forex).
Less volume/pressure/demand on the 'Black market' would ultimately drive the BM rates towards the inter-bank rates . . . ummm . . .. undecided

The big question: what would be the gap between the FMDQ and inter-bank rates? Definitely not the N282 to $1 @ the FMDQ rates, to the present inter-bank rates of N310-N340! That is immoral and a disservice to the people . . . it will ATEOTD, still keep the BM rates attractive for round tripping and not encourage people to send money home via western union or money gram, rather, send it to domiciliary account or by hand, where they can access their raw paper, and head to 'Sabo' with it.

P.S. The yuan deal, what's up?
Are you related to honorable Patrick the Latin speaker sire.
Explain in layman terms.
CBN wants to bring in USD hoarders on board or they are chasing them away?
2. Banks are still ripping us off with the more than #20 profit margin after they got it for #282 from CBN.
3. The yuan deal is as good as asking for pmb to go against the West & he played to the gallery from my opinion

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FIRS Warns Against Evasion As 7.5% VAT Begins / Microsoft Opens It First African Development Center In Lagos / Prices Of Foodstuff Forcefully Reduced In Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.