Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,893 members, 7,814,017 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? (2195 Views)

Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / Its Either You Are On First Class Or 2:1.... / Yes! People Still Get Jobs Without Connection. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 29, 2006
Dear landers
 Why are this people treating us this way, LNG says their minimum for management trainee is 2.1 but my friend has a 2.2 in sociology and is there like a marketer. LNG why the injustice?
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by after3: 8:22am On Nov 30, 2006
some people with 2.2 are as intelligent as those with 2.1 you know. or even better! i'm sure your friend got a lifetime opportunity and proved them wrong. these things happen, so, live and let live. your time to shine will come
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by koolman: 10:11am On Nov 30, 2006
I quite agree that some 2.2 graduates are better than some 2.1 graduates but not all. Many of those that have 2.1 made a little step further than there colleagues with 2.2. Let,s forget about 2.2 and 2.1 and work towards our success.
Happy xmas and new yr to all Nairalanders.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by saintsola(m): 10:20am On Nov 30, 2006
examination is not the best way to judge peoples intelligence,but there is no other way.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by owners: 11:13am On Nov 30, 2006
No one can go back and make a new begining, but any one can start from now and make a happy ending. The fact you failed to make a 2.1 those not mean the future is not bright. Those that made it are reaping the fruits of their labour, my dear dont make people your yard stick of success or else you will keep sulking all your life.

Life is 2 short, make use of all the opportunities that come your way, be faithful in the little you do, wish others well and be positive in all you do, above all hold on to God, very soon your time will come .
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by dakinola: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2006
guy be urself its what u have up in head that matters 2.2 or 2.1 does'nt matter.believe in your own ability and trust in baba god to make room for u.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by uchetobi(f): 11:32am On Nov 30, 2006
what is LNG. I mean what does it stand for
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by ashala(m): 6:35pm On Nov 30, 2006
@ uchetobi ,
LNG Means LOCAL NIGERIAN GIRLZ tongue tongue grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by KDK(m): 6:42pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Finewaka,
One thing you have to realise is that not everyone that is occupying space in the NLNG office is a direct staff. More than 75% of those in the building are contract staff; the recent request for applications was based on Federal Government's Directive. NLNG employs a minimum of 2:1 but there are exceptions such as very high connections, being an indegene of Bonny Island,ex- worker connections, additional relevant qualifications, sleeping with the right people, knowing the right people that will cover your arse, using fake credentials,etc.
If this guy is your friend, why not ask him/her how he/she got it?
But normally, it is company policy that it is a minimum of 2:1.

@Uchetobi
LNG means Liquefied Natural Gas; NLNG means Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas; people generally use LNG to mean NLNG a world class gas exporting company with HQ in Lagos and operations on Bonny Island, Rivers State. However, there are other LNG projects coming up like the OKO LNG, BRASS LNG.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by successful: 6:45pm On Nov 30, 2006
Bros abeg no vex, if e pain you, go get ur own connection.
If na you, wetin u go do.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by hubert(f): 12:32pm On Dec 02, 2006
abeg people i'm asking if LNG has conducted it's test i submitted ma cv some months bk,i jus saw some tin abt them now.wat of oceanic bank? i live in jos and i've gotten nohtin 4rm them either.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by Dreadlocks(m): 2:40pm On Dec 02, 2006
ashala, thanks so much for that answer u gave to uchetobi on LNG, how can a graduate seeking for job be asking such question. abeg make we dey try update ourselves with real important issues not only to blog our brains with home videos and ovation styles. Education is not only what they taught u in school. no bi only[b] Local Nigeria Girlz!!! [/b]
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by uchetobi(f): 9:54am On Dec 05, 2006
Dreadlocks:

ashala, thanks so much for that answer u gave to uchetobi on LNG, how can a graduate seeking for job be asking such question. abeg make we dey try update ourselves with real important issues not only to blog our brains with home videos and ovation styles. Education is not only what they taught u in school. no bi only[b] Local Nigeria Girlz!!! [/b]

I hope this quote is not directed at me cuz i am not looking for job. i have a good job and was just curious. i dont think its a crime to ask the full meaning of a place.
Re: Lng 2.2 With Connection Or 2.1 On Merit? by uchetobi(f): 10:00am On Dec 05, 2006
angry angryLets be careful with what comes out of our m,outh cuz dats could be why you are still a job seeker. Your mouth might just be your hindrance.If you caant make intelligent comment here is it at an interview spot you will wink

(1) (Reply)

Get the FRUGOCONSULT touch In Hysys, Autocad, Pdms, Staadpro Etc: / P & G -ibadan / Jobberman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.