Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,218 members, 7,829,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence (444 Views)

How To Prove To Me That Your God Exists. Can You Convince Me? / Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence / Why Did God Condone Such Terrible Violence In The Old Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence by afrovist(m): 7:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

by the way im an atheist wondering why a religion from the true God would incite its people to offensive violence
cc
Johnydon22
Re: Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
afrovist:
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Not only does this verse establish that violence can be virtuous, but it also contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time. From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

by the way im an atheist wondering why a religion from the true God would incite its people to offensive violence
cc
Johnydon22
i already replied u and yet ur posting a fresh topic...sick dude
Re: Pls Muslims Defend This, And Convince Me That Islam Doesn't Condone Violence by afrovist(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
didn't see the first topic get formed and i dont know how to delete this,simply a case of misunderstanding. also thanks for the reply in the original post, i saw the verse on a website, which is why i posted it asking muslims with a better understanding of the quran to justify it, which you did brilliantly. so thanks best believe next questionable content i see i'll be back with questions cool

(1) (Reply)

Can A Muslim Drink Alcohol - The Air Hostess And The Passenger / If You Are Born Again Will It Stop You From Some Addiction??? / Before You Appoint Him A King (leader); He Must Have These Qualities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.