Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? (3316 Views)

My Nokia 5 Unboxing:Would You Choose A Tecno Or Infinix Device Over This? (text) / 5 Annoying Things Every Nigerian Phone Users Has Experienced / Tecno Or Infinix | Which One Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Norman4real(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
I recently bought a tecno camon c9 after my Samsung s5 was damaged and after over a week of use it got me asking myself, is it really worth it for me to be spending so much money on these expensive flagships when brands like tecno are equally capable of handling my needs.

I'm a heavy mobile enthusiast so yeah I know these high end phones always have the latest snapdragon chips, rams of up to 6GB up to 64GB storage, stylish designs and even Gorilla glass panels.

Let's forget that, my question is, does the average user need 4-6GB ram Does one really need such powerful processors Does one need 21mp cameras Does an African like me really need NFC. Do I need an edge curve design? ?? Why is there no FM radio on my s5/iPhone.

Please am not trying to say Tecno's phones are in the same league with the "mighty" Samsung and Apple of this world but am just trying to be realistic especially for people who buy phones and never even come close to utilising their full potential. I just need to know, why buy an S7 at 800$ when u can get a Tecno phantom 5 at 300$. Isnt it time we start spending smartly rather than keeping up with trends.

Please take no offence since everyone knows the depth of their pockets. Personally however I find this c9 as actually an upgrade coz of the better battery life, larger and clearer display and fairly better camera and best of all it cost me more than half what the s5 did. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by oodua1stson: 9:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Tecno better display than s5?

Guy wee you just kip qwayet

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by waleyp(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Praise God
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by cosby02(m): 9:26pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hallelujah
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Norman4real(m): 9:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
oodua1stson:
Tecno better display than s5?

Guy wee you just kip qwayet
my friend, I know what I'm talking about. Also am considering the fact that I upgraded from a 5 inch to a larger 5.5 inch screen. It may not have the pixel density of the s5, but trust me if u are watching a movie or playing a game this screen is much better, much much better. This the truth, no lie.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Olasco93: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
After I misplaced my 3110c, I bought a Brand New Nokia E5 since 2012. Since then, I have never taken the phone to a repairer, I only changed the Battery once. I never regreted buying the phone. Till date, the phone still serves me Right. It all boils down to our individual choice, preferences and ones ability to control his/her appetite for important but unnecessary things.
Majority don't know the difference between NEED and WANT, mostly when it comes to Gadgets.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by kellystech(m): 9:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
I don't just no why u guys ( all these marketers ) can't respect ur selves. u compare the excellent display quality of s5 to dat washed out screen of c9. If not for anything at least dat should tell u dat dey are not of the same league (that's if u have ever used s5 in ur life)

6 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Norman4real(m): 9:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
kellystech:
I don't just no why u guys ( all these marketers ) can't respect ur selves. u compare the excellent display quality of s5 to dat washed out screen of c9. If not for anything at least dat should tell u dat dey are not of the same league (that's if u have ever used s5 in ur life)
please this all comes down to individual tastes and preferences, I'm not downgrading the s5 or Samsung as a brand. Both phones have 1080*1920 resolution and I just feel that a 5.5 inch screen is much more suitable for movies and gaming. This is not so much about the quality coz I know AMOLED screens are superior to LCD.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by oodua1stson: 10:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Norman4real:
my friend, I know what I'm talking about. Also am considering the fact that I upgraded from a 5 inch to a larger 5.5 inch screen. It may not have the pixel density of the s5, but trust me if u are watching a movie or playing a game this screen is much better, much much better. This the truth, no lie.
when you're done comparing super amoled(the best screen in mobile and tv) to the crap on tecno phones you can wake me up

4 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Deeni131: 10:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Norman4real:
I recently bought a tecno camon c9 after my Samsung s5 was damaged and after over a week of use it got me asking myself, is it really worth it for me to be spending so much money on these expensive flagships when brands like tecno are equally capable of handling my needs.

I'm a heavy mobile enthusiast so yeah I know these high end phones always have the latest snapdragon chips, rams of up to 6GB up to 64GB storage, stylish designs and even Gorilla glass panels.

Let's forget that, my question is, does the average user need 4-6GB ram Does one really need such powerful processors Does one need 21mp cameras Does an African like me really need NFC. Do I need an edge curve design? ?? Why is there no FM radio on my s5/iPhone.

Please am not trying to say Tecno's phones are in the same league with the "mighty" Samsung and Apple of this world but am just trying to be realistic especially for people who buy phones and never even come close to utilising their full potential. I just need to know, why buy an S7 at 800$ when u can get a Tecno phantom 5 at 300$. Isnt it time we start spending smartly rather than keeping up with trends.

Please take no offence since everyone knows the depth of their pockets. Personally however I find this c9 as actually an upgrade coz of the better battery life, larger and clearer display and fairly better camera and best of all it cost me more than half what the s5 did. cool cool

To be sincere those expensive phones we have been having in our markets, the companies put all their best efforts in producing the best n efficient products for their teaming customers unlike chinese. company who are only after the money. Let me tell u, u can buy a Chinese phone today n wake up tomorrow with serious faulty issue. look we are only buying the Chinese phones cos we don't much to spend on phones.
I'm BlackBerry user but still I buy chinese phone cos I dnt wanna miss higher ends android games that cnt run on our BlackBerry.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by bluemorg72: 11:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
jUST embrace the NEW oneplus 3 with 6Gb RAM with a good price, and seriously i must advise forget tecno and samsung,

full details below

http://www.naijainformation.com/2016/06/oneplus-3-price-full-features-and.html

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by physise(m): 12:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Samsung anyday for me
1 Good xda support... I love to tweak and flash things alot.. coming from a cyanogenmod, Aicp and Blisspop rom maintainer cool
2 you can easily flash your fone with odin and get the stock rom of your device with ease Incase you encounter any issues...
3 durability and other things i can't remember right now cheesy
4 Exynos and snapdragon processor.. The only thing i hate about tecno and others is their mediatek processor and they don't plan to release their source anytime soon.. Users are therefore limited with rom options and result to porting buggy rom :/
5 good reviews from reputable source, gsm arena android authority and others .... I will take infinix zero 3 as a case study here.. There is hardly anybody talking about this device and of course it has been abandoned by infinix and i think it cost about 60k... No good reviews about this device

Although tecno and others are trying and I must commend them rather than bash them... At the end of the day everybody has his own taste.... No need to fight like kids.. if the other guy don't agree with your point....and of course the average nigerian will not understand my point grin
Shikena angry

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by tdayof(m): 12:45am On Jun 29, 2016
some people can defend lies for africa ehn... Compare Tecno products to S4 and galaxy grand prime please. S5 is much better.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by beejay247: 8:45am On Jun 29, 2016
It actually depends on what you want to use it for...You can't compare Samsung with Tecno.. It's just like saying why buy a Ferrari when you can actually buy a Honda which can take you anywhere smiley ....Remember, even if you don't have good roads to drive it on you will still prefer to own it..

As for me,I am a Sony fan and I do go for their flagship, I dropped my phone recently and decided not to change the screen...
Sony hasn't been getting it right lately and I see no reason buying their phone when I can get a better phone like the S7edge within same price range but just don't wanna move yet,I still remain a loyal fan lol grin ...at least not moving to our main competitor but I like that S7edge die cry

I got myself Huawei Gr5 for the main time, it's a beautiful phone with nice specs especially the screen and fingerprint...

Surprisingly this high end phones we buy, we actually don't utilize the whole features.. ..

I still dey go back to Sony o .. as a loyal fan nah..when their head finally correct wink .....

Note that Huawei flagship can also compete with the aforementioned, I am just talking about how good mid range phones are
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by waleyp(m): 12:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Up Nokia 3310 that phone can Do and undo
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by ChidinmaRose(f): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
I think at this stage of our economy, Nigerians want affordability. Therefore I say it's Tecno.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by jonmoveek: 1:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
Rightly said, bro

Norman4real:
please this all comes down to individual tastes and preferences, I'm not downgrading the s5 or Samsung as a brand. Both phones have 1080*1920 resolution and I just feel that a 5.5 inch screen is much more suitable for movies and gaming. This is not so much about the quality coz I know AMOLED screens are superior to LCD.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Naijji: 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
Your comment about the display don scatter everything. That old S5 wey you see still has a better display, better soc and even better picture quality (forget the mumu hype) than the new C9. If you're into custom roms, forget the Tecno altogether.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by Norman4real(m): 6:58pm On Jun 29, 2016
Naijji:
Your comment about the display don scatter everything. That old S5 wey you see still has a better display, better soc and even better picture quality (forget the mumu hype) than the new C9. If you're into custom roms, forget the Tecno altogether.
I understand you, but my point of view is from that of an average user that is not interested in custom roms, software updates, or any other complex phone uses. Am looking at a user that needs a good camera, reliable battery capacity, smooth operation, sufficient storage, fast Internet, quality display and reliable after sale services.
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by malton: 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
bluemorg72:
jUST embrace the NEW oneplus 3 with 6Gb RAM with a good price, and seriously i must advise forget tecno and samsung,

full details below

http://www.naijainformation.com/2016/06/oneplus-3-price-full-features-and.html
Been waiting for the phone's arrival in Naija. Do you havel it in Stock?
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by TundeSalamu(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2016
Users would want samsung but dats because dey havent seen what the camon c9 is like, and at a better price
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by ShiroSan: 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
mehn, tough but the price is wat should judge
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by ShiroSan: 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
users want good stuff that dey can afford... what better brand?
Re: TECNO Or SAMSUNG What Do Phone Users Really Want??? by MaryWest(f): 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
thats what the tecno camon c9 is about, quality stuff at a cheaper rate

(1) (Reply)

Best Android Phones Under ₦20,000 In Nigeria – July 2016 / See The Hilarious Tweet Made About Iphone 7 (picture) / Concept Behind 9MOBILE 1gb For 200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.