Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. (10076 Views)

Buy 5 Get 1 Free In The Dry "Royalty Garden "Idasho, Ibeju-lekki(facing The Road / News Update Gracias Garden #1.2m Facing D Major Road Along Lekki Free Trade Zone / 30 By 120ft Directly Facing The Lekki Epe Expressway @ Olokonla Ajah 16m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 6:20am On Jun 29, 2016
Hello nairalanders, I stay at suleja.. My dad stays at mararaba.. Now he's looking to buy a land for us(my sister and I) I have gone to check out the land and I like it.. The thing is I've never bought a land before and I don't want to fall victim to fraudster..the land is Fenced and a "NOT FOR SALE" sign is writing on the fence.. Maybe someone tried to sell the land before the owner inscribed the sign on it but the owner desires to sell it now.. I just don't wanna fall victim cuz I'm the last child of my dad it of 8 chidren and the 2 of my mum.. And for him to trust me, I don't wanna disappoint him... The advice that I need from you guys is to tell me what steps to take to be sure that I'm not buying from fraudsters...

The land is located in Kwankwashe.. In Niger state.. Before madalla.

Thanks.

Lalasticlacla please help with put this on FP.. Let me get enough opinions

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by donbenedict(m): 6:30am On Jun 29, 2016
Please involve a lawyer.. there are some certain key questions that the seller ought to answer. The lawyer will handle that.

3 Likes

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2016
donbenedict:
Please involve a lawyer.. there are some certain key questions that the seller ought to answer. The lawyer will handle that.
alright. Thanks, I'll do that
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by kunlesufyan(m): 6:32am On Jun 29, 2016
Involve someone in that area that is good with lands na,if the man wants to see the land ..the first step will be to remove the not for sale sign ....must it be that land,u better search so u have options

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2016
kunlesufyan:
Involve someone in that area that is good with lands na,if the man wants to see the land ..the first step will be to remove the not for sale sign ....must it be that land,u better search so u have options
aii thanks.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Pyno30: 6:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Ok
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by brunofarad(m): 6:36am On Jun 30, 2016
Following
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Jaymima(f): 6:37am On Jun 30, 2016
It doesn't sound right. A property with such inscription... Maybe you should involve developmental authorities/the traditional ruler of the community to ascertain the history/authentic owner of the land. Tag a lawyer along.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Cherishing(f): 6:38am On Jun 30, 2016
Ask old landlords/ladies living around about the land, it will also help you.

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by yemajiteru(m): 6:39am On Jun 30, 2016
Aaaah... . Gbese
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by justi4jesu(f): 6:40am On Jun 30, 2016
Following....Lots of Scammers everywhere! This link will help you 10 Commandments before buying a Land

https://www.nairaland.com/3072076/10-commandments-buying-land-nigeria#45084155

2 Likes

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 30, 2016
Get a lawyer and someone that knows the area so well, someone that knows every land and IRS owners. There is always that kind of man on every street!

5 Likes

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by OlivetBen(m): 6:41am On Jun 30, 2016
He should present the land particulars and also do not forget to involve a lawyer

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by IsaacBuchi(m): 6:42am On Jun 30, 2016
that English sounds like a guy in Kwankwashe.. In Niger state.. Before madalla.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by papoose321: 6:42am On Jun 30, 2016
Oga if u De buy land even 4 heaven C.of.O must De available b wise

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Clone2020(m): 6:43am On Jun 30, 2016
The fear of Omonile is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by ottalo: 6:43am On Jun 30, 2016
First of all..go to land registering in state and make proper investigations on the...to know if it gvt. Land,who actually owns the land and if there are any disputes in the land before...
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by chingydaboss(m): 6:44am On Jun 30, 2016
You should also go to the developmental authorities to check d authenticity of d land
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by iebanehita(m): 6:46am On Jun 30, 2016
holicalpha

Go through this thread and read every single page of it..

https://www.nairaland.com/377377/dont-victim-investigate-every-property

Can't belive you had to skip it just for you to open another duplicate thread.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by TaiKuun(m): 6:46am On Jun 30, 2016
[quote author=ladoleb post=47058084][/quote] lalasticlala, please ban this guy, his signature/post is the biggest scam on nairaland!
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 30, 2016
brunofarad:
Following
guy are u not supposed to be selling ur stones ur always on fp

1 Like

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Olukokosir(m): 6:54am On Jun 30, 2016
Go nd employ d service of all dos omo ita ...
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by tammie24: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2016
OlivetBen:
He should present the land particulars and also do not forget to involve a lawyer
forget all those ones

These scammers are better now

They can duplicate anything

I would advise the OP to just find another land to buy

Money is too hard to come by these day than for you to be loosing to fraudsters

That can't be the only land in that area can it?
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Dynamitehimself(m): 6:59am On Jun 30, 2016
Do proper investigation by asking people around the site itself. A land with not for sale inscription is not a land you would want to put your money because it might be a family land which you might end up buying and would have to contend with other family members. Be wise. Look for other options. Trust no body even some lawyers they discuss behind with the agents. Use notable lawyers.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Okemmuo(m): 6:59am On Jun 30, 2016
Dnt buy
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by justi4jesu(f): 7:01am On Jun 30, 2016
Okemmuo:
Dnt buy

Is that an advice? angry
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by nextstep(m): 7:05am On Jun 30, 2016
My suggestion, make an offer to the seller that you are willing to buy, but after an experiment: buy a few blocks and cement, get permission from the current owner and start erecting a small shed on it. You don't need foundation, or even try to do any lintel, just build a small square wall about 5ft per side, 5 coaches up. Then wait a few months before paying any money. During that wait time, add another coach of blocks every few months, which should start drawing attention.

Since it's nothing permanent, the owner should not object, and it should draw out other interested parties. I think this is cheaper than lawyers or police, and at worst, you'd lose 10k insurance. At best, you can go ahead and complete it when you've purchased the land.

After having to buy the same land twice, then paying for police and lawyers, this is now my preferred method to see who owns land. Any objections, then I walk away from the deal.

4 Likes

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by brunofarad(m): 7:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Fp is still on the hustle

If u know what I mean

eddyjibs:
guy are u not supposed to be selling ur stones ur always on fp
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by TOEZOFFICIAL(m): 7:13am On Jun 30, 2016
If u hv extra dough, try fencing before paying..that's all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos To Deliver 2,268 Housing Units From 7 Schemes This Year / Fairly Used Bottle Water N Sachet Machines For Sale In Lagos / Review, Bash Or Praise Your Clients, Builders, Suppliers Or Service Providers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.