Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. (10069 Views)

Buy 5 Get 1 Free In The Dry "Royalty Garden "Idasho, Ibeju-lekki(facing The Road / News Update Gracias Garden #1.2m Facing D Major Road Along Lekki Free Trade Zone / 30 By 120ft Directly Facing The Lekki Epe Expressway @ Olokonla Ajah 16m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 9:21am On Jun 30, 2016
Kobicove:
Here is my advice...

1 Ask the seller to remove the "Not for sale" inscribed on the fence

2 You also need to get a photocopy of the title documents and run your own checks. Exercise extreme caution if the land in question belongs to a family or if the seller claims to be representing someone

3 Do your own investigation from people who live in the area

4 Go to the area on a Saturday or Sunday with the seller when most of the people living in the area are at home and make an elaborate show of inspecting the land. Make it clear to observers that you intend to purchase the land

5 When making payment make sure it's done using a financial instrument eg bank cheque or draft. Never pay cash for land except perhaps if you need to show evidence of commitment but the amount should be a nominal amount when compared to the price of the land...

5 If in doubt walk away from the transaction (You must not necessarily buy that particular land

Good luck!!!
thanks
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by hopara1(m): 9:23am On Jun 30, 2016
nextstep:
My suggestion, make an offer to the seller that you are willing to buy, but after an experiment: buy a few blocks and cement, get permission from the current owner and start erecting a small shed on it. You don't need foundation, or even try to do any lintel, just build a small square wall about 5ft per side, 5 coaches up. Then wait a few months before paying any money. During that wait time, add another coach of blocks every few months, which should start drawing attention.

Since it's nothing permanent, the owner should not object, and it should draw out other interested parties. I think this is cheaper than lawyers or police, and at worst, you'd lose 10k insurance. At best, you can go ahead and complete it when you've purchased the land.

After having to buy the same land twice, then paying for police and lawyers, this is now my preferred method to see who owns land. Any objections, then I walk away from the deal.
Pls there is nothing like 5coaches its course
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by AreaFada2: 9:40am On Jun 30, 2016
Get a good property lawyer who knows the area well.

He can check with locals, traditional ruler, neighbours, the court with jurisdiction in the area, lands registry, etc. Ensure not govt acquisition land, flood plain, community reserved land, etc.

Still don't just take the lawyer's word for it. Scrutinise his work very well. Better if it has a GENUINE proper C of O. Not the customary C of O.
Note that it is hard to tell fake documents from original ones. In fact some fake look more original than the original. It needs experienced eyes. grin

If all seem clear and you want to buy still do the following:
(1) Ask for a guarantor of repute.
(2) Make him sign an undertaken that should any problem arise from the land, he will refund all the money and expenses.
(3)Get a senior military officer involved from the beginning if you have one as friend or family. Omonile hate military wahala. grin cheesy

If all is not clear, they will use style to back out. grin
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by MrEverest(m): 9:42am On Jun 30, 2016
First off, involve a lawyer. They should also erase that "not for sale" sign. What documents do they have i.e c of o, power of attorney or is it inherited land?? Finally do some activity like asking around, there are always men with ears to the ground, who makes other people's affair their business, such men will gladly gossip with you for free! I wish you goodluck.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by miqos02(m): 10:18am On Jun 30, 2016
nextstep:
My suggestion, make an offer to the seller that you are willing to buy, but after an experiment: buy a few blocks and cement, get permission from the current owner and start erecting a small shed on it. You don't need foundation, or even try to do any lintel, just build a small square wall about 5ft per side, 5 coaches up. Then wait a few months before paying any money. During that wait time, add another coach of blocks every few months, which should start drawing attention.

Since it's nothing permanent, the owner should not object, and it should draw out other interested parties. I think this is cheaper than lawyers or police, and at worst, you'd lose 10k insurance. At best, you can go ahead and complete it when you've purchased the land.

After having to buy the same land twice, then paying for police and lawyers, this is now my preferred method to see who owns land. Any objections, then I walk away from the deal.
no land owner will allow u develop a land u av not paid for
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 30, 2016
holicalpha:
Hello nairalanders, I stay at suleja.. My dad stays at mararaba.. Now he's looking to buy a land for us(my sister and I) I have gone to check out the land and I like it.. The thing is I've never bought a land before and I don't want to fall victim to fraudster..the land is Fenced and a "NOT FOR SALE" sign is writing on the fence.. Maybe someone tried to sell the land before the owner inscribed the sign on it but the owner desires to sell it now.. I just don't wanna fall victim cuz I'm the last child of my dad it of 8 chidren and the 2 of my mum.. And for him to trust me, I don't wanna disappoint him... The advice that I need from you guys is to tell me what steps to take to be sure that I'm not buying from fraudsters...

The land is located in Kwankwashe.. In Niger state.. Before madalla.

Thanks.

Lalasticlacla please help with put this on FP.. Let me get enough opinions
Find a registered estate firm,engage.an estate surveyor and he will investigate the site for you...Dont bring a lawyer into this,those one are thieves.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Dieumerci(m): 12:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
holicalpha:
Hello nairalanders, I stay at suleja.. My dad stays at mararaba.. Now he's looking to buy a land for us(my sister and I) I have gone to check out the land and I like it.. The thing is I've never bought a land before and I don't want to fall victim to fraudster..the land is Fenced and a "NOT FOR SALE" sign is writing on the fence.. Maybe someone tried to sell the land before the owner inscribed the sign on it but the owner desires to sell it now.. I just don't wanna fall victim cuz I'm the last child of my dad it of 8 chidren and the 2 of my mum.. And for him to trust me, I don't wanna disappoint him... The advice that I need from you guys is to tell me what steps to take to be sure that I'm not buying from fraudsters...

The land is located in Kwankwashe.. In Niger state.. Before madalla.

Thanks.

Lalasticlacla please help with put this on FP.. Let me get enough opinions

We have a trustworthy propertylander @abdulwastecx that is conversant with that area. He might assist you if you ask nicely.

But don't be in a hurry to pay for any property. Even if someone else gets this one before you, there will be a better one some where.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Dieumerci:

We have a trustworthy propertylander @abdulwastecx that is conversant with that area. He might assist you if you ask nicely.

But don't be in a hurry to pay for any property. Even if someone else gets this one before you, there will be a better one some where.
can I get his Contact info
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by Dieumerci(m): 12:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
holicalpha:
Check his profile here on Nairaland.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by tunaps(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2016
Go to AGIS(Abuja Geographic Information System) and tell them to help you do a check on the land in question.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by arisekola77: 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Bro abeg inform your lawyer pls go with your lawyer on payment day if possible pay in cash and go with recording video and audio recorder all the conversation must be documented video must record the most important place (payment time)make sure u capture everybody present there after all this chill and enjoy your land no baga will disturb you cos u get serious prove at hand NB make sure u buying from the rightful owner u can try caveat emptor make enquiry about the land ask people around the area they know more
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by iguita: 1:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
In Lagos, when you see 'this land is not for sale'. It actually means that land is for sale. The owners are just trying to avoid omo-oni wahala. I think you should do 2 things.
I. Get a lawyer
2. Go to the survey office to confirm the status of the documents the land owner has
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by abdulwastecx(m): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2016
holicalpha:

I am very conversant with that area very well...
I will be back to suleja for Salalah break on Monday... We can hook up.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by bedfordng(m): 2:20pm On Jun 30, 2016
do research to know the actual owner of the land and also involve a lawyer who has knowledge about land properties
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 3:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
Do not buy the land why should the inscription still be there??bro go for another land.
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by udorwhite(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2016
Just take ur time nd ask persons around there,even wit a lawyer dey will still dagbo u
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by holicalpha(m): 7:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
abdulwastecx:

I am very conversant with that area very well...
I will be back to suleja for Salalah break on Monday... We can hook up.
thanks... can I get your phone number??
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by nextstep(m): 8:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
hopara1:
Pls there is nothing like 5coaches its course

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=coach&board=47

You'll see pages upon pages referring to coaches of blocks... just sayin' wink
Re: Advice: Please Him Me With This Problem I'm Facing. by hopara1(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2016
nextstep:

https://www.nairaland.com/search?q=coach&board=47

You'll see pages upon pages referring to coaches of blocks... just sayin' wink
Abeg allow ur brain to educated,course not football coach.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C Of O Plots In Berry Court Estate, OMOLE Phase 2,Ojodu Lagos Mainland 20million / A 4 BEDROOM LUXURY SEMI DETACHED DUPLEX WITH BQ AT ANGLES COURT ABIJO LAGOS! / Showroom For ( Special Marble and Granite here)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.