Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,859 members, 7,956,239 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:18 AM

The Truth About Powerbanks - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Truth About Powerbanks (9269 Views)

Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? / Real Truth About 08030004900 No. Killing People - Techredirector / Do Powerbanks Damage Phone Batteries? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Adeoba10(m): 5:23am On Jun 30, 2016
I think each power bank do come with their specific cable....
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by chika11sydney(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:

By Xiaomi or fil
yes bro til is a good brand I use a fil 12000mah power bank and it charges my phone 2800mah ba3 4-5times
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 30, 2016
tipwill:
@greenhulk you were right about power banks having less than the rated capacity ( that is common with electronic/electrical devices) but your conversion mathematics is wrong. A device rated 2000mAH will deliver 2000mA for one hour irrespective of the voltage as long as the current is 2000mA. The conversion circuit (3.7-5v) only ensures you get the right voltage for the device and doesn't affect the capacity in anyway. Don't forget the moment you step up voltage, you will need lesser current for the same power consumption, thereby preserving the capacity. If it were watt-hr rating your conversion would work but most watt-hr rating for power banks specify the voltage as 5v and not 3.7v. Infacts those 3.7v batteries charge up to 4.2 or 4.3v when the power bank is full and discharge to about 3.5v(or less as it varies a lot) when empty. 3.7v is just nominal and so never used for watt-hr rating as constant volt is required which is the constant output voltage of the power bank (5v) even as the battery drops.

In short mAH rating only considers delivered current with time irrespective of the voltage at which the current is delivered.

My calculation might not be accurate, but u might wanna watch these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wHZdDARvo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2-p5EYrK8
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by AnusOdourInhaler: 9:54am On Jun 30, 2016
chika11sydney:
yes bro til is a good brand I use a fil 12000mah power bank and it charges my phone 2800mah ba3 4-5times
True! Mine is torch and power bank..
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by sarutobie(m): 10:24am On Jun 30, 2016
my younger bro got innjoo e1(10000 mah) about 2 years ago, it is still going on ruggedly...I decided to get the innjoo e6 powerbank(10,400 mah)....so far so good..it has an 80% conversion rate...
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by mosjames: 11:12am On Jun 30, 2016
Do powerbank reduce the battery life of phones
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2016
mosjames:
Do powerbank reduce the battery life of phones

Nope
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Horlaarsco: 8:00am On Jul 01, 2016
Pls where can I get the Xiaomi 20000 mah power bank ASAP
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 01, 2016
greenhulk:

Are u saying Xioami powerbanks don't have 3.7 volts batteries in them? lol. If what they have is 3.7v then u will NEVER get the advertised capacity from them trust me.

Below is a typical xioami 16,000mah powerbank. If u look closely it has 3.6v batteries in it. If u look even further closely it is stated that the true capacity u can get out of it is 10,200mah. I just wish manufacturers can be honest and state ACTUAL capacity from their powerbanks. As a precaution, just take off 25-30% from the advertised capacity then u have a more realistic capacity.
OP this is a fake and 10200mAh power bank not 16,000mAh
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2016
Iamtosignno:
OP this is a fake and 10200mAh power bank not 16,000mAh

Are u that blind that u can't see the BIG 16,000 written on the device? If u think it is fake why don't u show me how an original one looks like? Is it because xiaomi are so nice to include the ACTUAL capacity after doing the calculation? Other companies do not include the actual capacity which is wrong in my opinion. So for ur mind u think u can get 16,000mah worth of charge from a 16,000mah power bank? Dream on.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by 2sizzlin(m): 7:54am On Jul 02, 2016
Abeg na. I need good power bank for Abuja. Any seller or anybody to direct me to somewhere or describe how I can figure out which is original.

Thank you
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Karin001(f): 3:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Hello OP, I have been following your posts on this thread and indeed on other threads for a while and I must commence your style which actually reflects your sincerity. I wish to request a favour; kindly recommend for me preferred brands of the under-listed products.

1. A good power bank; preferably between 10,000mAH to 20,000.mAH.

2. A good charger (I would like to buy the Aukey) but is it only on Konga that I can get it. No one in Computer Village trading this brand?

3. Where can I get high quality USB cables & the really long/flat ones that and catalyze the speed of both charging and data transfer?

Finally OI deduce that you are an IT consultant of sort. Would you like to divulge what you do specifically. Who knows one could patronise you today or in the future. you can reach me privately via karinebinne@gmail.com.

Thanks! And I am looking forward to a prompt response.
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by okikiosibodu(m): 11:39am On Jul 18, 2016
I have learnt a lot from here. Never knew so juice is lost to conversion in a powerbank. Overtime sef, I have learnt that the bulky powerbanks are always original ('cause I don't waste about 15 k of different powerbanks which were all fake). But of recent, I have discovered light powerbanks even last longer that heavy ones. Anyways if the powerbank's make is not Fil or New Age, I ain't gonna get it mehn. There is this solar portable pwerbank for phone is stumble on Sometimes ago but I am very skepticql about its durability. 15,000mah but it is light as anything else
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by seyema(m): 11:32am On Jul 19, 2016
But why do phone normally charge faster with electricity rather than powerbank despite using the same usb
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by easrael(f): 12:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
spanzed:
very informative a thread...Thou I have never bought a Power bank but this should guide me when am ready for one

This thread no doubt has a lot of education in it...

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by okikiosibodu(m): 1:41am On Oct 06, 2020
greenhulk:
This is another 16,000mah Xiaomi powerbank. Again they are nice enough to include the true capacity of 10,800mah at 5.1v. The included batteries are 3.75V. When u add energy loss due to heat u will end up getting about 10,600mah out of this 16,000mah powerbank.
Atheistandproud... This is topic of discuss you can discuss about, on your blog... In how to determine how many charges you can get from a PB
Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by atheistandproud(m): 9:23am On Oct 06, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Atheistandproud... This is topic of discuss you can discuss about, on your blog... In how to determine how many charges you can get from a PB

there's tons of topics but I'll add this.

thanks bruh

1 Like

Re: The Truth About Powerbanks by Emeka71(m): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2020
I don't believe in power-bank, I prefer to charge with light.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Subsea Cable: Services Successfully Restored – MTN / My 4 Months Of Using World Best Smartphone Galaxy S8 / Nokia Power Ranger Is A Dual Boot Smartphone With Android 4.4 Kitkat And Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.