Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles (513 Views)

It’s Foreign Coach Or I Quit – Pinnick / Nigerian Foreign Coach To Earn $50,000 A Month / NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles by Maxcollins042(m): 3:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
The Federal Government may have ruled out the possibility of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), hiring a foreign coach for the Super Eagles.
Minister of Sports and Youth Development, Solomon Dalung, made this known after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

He stated that the current economy was not favourable and added that it was not wise to hire an expatriate, especially as the country is still indebted to some local coaches.

“The selection of coaches usually is handled by our technical team; we are a supervising ministry so we have little to do with the process but we have a role in guiding what is best for Nigeria,” he said.

“I have always maintained that we even cannot pay indigenous coaches; we still owe them some months of salaries and some of them have even died without those salaries.

“Do we still go and look for a foreign coach and will he (the foreign coach) be able to tolerate us without salaries for some time; more so that we may also be paying him in hard currency.

“So it’s a fundamental contradiction to swallow easily.”
http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/29/fg-kicks-against-foreign-coach-for-super-eagles/
Re: FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles by Bonnywest: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
No dollar to use & pay them. Opportunity 4 me to prepare my CV & apply
Re: FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles by Maxcollins042(m): 4:10pm On Jun 29, 2016
Bonnywest:
No dollar to use & pay them. Opportunity 4 me to prepare my CV & apply
Funny you
Re: FG Kicks Against Foreign Coach For Super Eagles by jieta: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
i don tire for nigeria abeg

(1) (Reply)

Four Strikers FC Barcelona Could Sign This Summer Transfer / OMG! This Man Will Certainly Be Missed At Rio Olympic Games - Newslivecast / Funeral Rites Of Late Super Eagles' Coach, Stephen Keshi Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.