Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,680 members, 7,851,342 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

Rodrigo Duterte Sworn In As President Of Philippines - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rodrigo Duterte Sworn In As President Of Philippines (433 Views)

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte Kissed A Married Woman On The Lips(video) / Ex Beauty Queen Declare To Contest As President 2019 / I Regrets Slamming Obama Says Philippine President Duterte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rodrigo Duterte Sworn In As President Of Philippines by somtookeke(m): 6:50am On Jun 30, 2016
Former mayor faces challenge of building on economic growth while fighting crime in country of 100 million people.

Ted Regencia

Duterte has more than two decades of experience as a mayor [Office of the Philippine President]

Rodrigo Duterte has been sworn in as the 16th president of the Philippines in front of an audience of 600 guests and millions more watching on television and online, crowning a rise from little-known mayor to leader of a huge nation.

His youngest child by his side holding the family bible, Duterte was sworn in at noon on Thursday (0400 GMT) in Manila, declaring before a Supreme Court justice that he would "preserve and protect" the constitution, which analysts say will likely see major changes during his six years in office.

High hopes for southern Filipinos under Rodrigo Duterte

"True change is the mandate of my government," Duterte said in his inaugural speech.

"I was elected as president to serve the entire country. I serve everyone. But not only one."

The 71-year-old broke with tradition by taking his oath at the Malacanang presidential palace, instead of hosting an inaugural rally, which he said would only cause traffic jams in the already congested streets of the capital.

In a nod to his millions of followers on social media, Duterte's inauguration was broadcast online using Facebook Live, allowing Filipino workers abroad, who overwhelmingly voted for him, to witness the event.

Click the link bellow to read
https://speakersden2..com.ng/2016/06/rodrigo-duterte-sworn-in-as-president.html?m=1#gsc.tab=0
Re: Rodrigo Duterte Sworn In As President Of Philippines by somtookeke(m): 6:50am On Jun 30, 2016
somtookeke:
Former mayor faces challenge of building on economic growth while fighting crime in country of 100 million people.

Ted Regencia

Duterte has more than two decades of experience as a mayor [Office of the Philippine President]

Rodrigo Duterte has been sworn in as the 16th president of the Philippines in front of an audience of 600 guests and millions more watching on television and online, crowning a rise from little-known mayor to leader of a huge nation.

His youngest child by his side holding the family bible, Duterte was sworn in at noon on Thursday (0400 GMT) in Manila, declaring before a Supreme Court justice that he would "preserve and protect" the constitution, which analysts say will likely see major changes during his six years in office.

High hopes for southern Filipinos under Rodrigo Duterte

"True change is the mandate of my government," Duterte said in his inaugural speech.

"I was elected as president to serve the entire country. I serve everyone. But not only one."

The 71-year-old broke with tradition by taking his oath at the Malacanang presidential palace, instead of hosting an inaugural rally, which he said would only cause traffic jams in the already congested streets of the capital.

In a nod to his millions of followers on social media, Duterte's inauguration was broadcast online using Facebook Live, allowing Filipino workers abroad, who overwhelmingly voted for him, to witness the event.

Click the link bellow to read
https://speakersden2..com.ng/2016/06/rodrigo-duterte-sworn-in-as-president.html?m=1#gsc.tab=0
Re: Rodrigo Duterte Sworn In As President Of Philippines by youngest85(m): 6:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Really?

Where is factory manager...a.k.a papa ajasco

Btw, d election was peaceful. No killing of ogoni people!

(1) (Reply)

Change Of NL Username / What It Means To Really Love. / President Buhari Says Fulfilling Campaign Promises Will Not Be Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.