Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! (9966 Views)

What's Islam View On Mouth Action? / Ways To Maintain The Good Habits You Picked During Ramadan: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by eluquenson(m): 11:09am On Jun 30, 2016
Assalamu alaykum warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh!

The mouth is an organ of the body for speech and food intake. Either of the use is critical to the Muslim at all times and more importantly, during the observance of fasting. Amongst us are people who are very abusive and quarrelsome; they are very free with the use of their mouth and are not careful in evaluating the words they utter before they are uttered.

The Muslim is required at all times to comport himself appropriately by being truthful in his discourse and avoid unwieldiness. This requirement becomes more compelling when he is fasting.

Our Noble Prophet (SAW) said:
1. Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak good words or keep quiet (i.e. maintain silence). [Bukhari]
2. Every morning, when the son of Adam (i.e. man) wakes up, all the limbs pleads with his tongue: “Fear Allah for our sake, for our fate is tied to yours. If you remain upright so shall we and if you go astray so shall we”. [Tirmidhi]
3. Sometime a person says something pleasing to Allah (SWT) but he does not realize how far his words will go. Yet it earns him the Pleasure of Allah until the Day of Judgment. On the other hand sometimes a person says something displeasing to Allah (SWT) although he does not realize how far his words will go. Yet it earns him the wrath of Allah until the Day of Judgment. [Musnad Ahmad]
4. The signs of a munafiq are three: whenever he speaks he tells a lie; whenever he promises he breaks it; and whenever he is entrusted he betrays. [Bukhari]

The type of company (friends and groups) that we keep influence to a great extent our utterances and speeches. To this, Allah cautions: “O believers! Fear Allah and keep the company of the truthful (servants)” Q9:119 In explanation of this ayah, the Holy Prophet (SAW) said: “A person is with whom he loves”. In this wise, we are advised to look for and keep the company of the pious; those who reminds you of Allah and help you keep your duty to Him.

In our daily interactions, we mix with all manners of people but we must keep vigil and guard where we are. Allah advised His Rasul, to which we are obligated: “And when you (Muhammad, SAW) see those who engage in a false conversation about our Verses (of the Qur’an) by mocking at them, stay away from them till they turn to another topic. And if Shaitan causes you to forget, then after the remembrance sit not you in the company of those people who are the Zalimun (polytheists and evil-doers)” [Q6:68].

For the Muslim (at all times, and especially when fasting), you are advised thus:
1. Avoid reckless and senseless talks. Maintaining silence is actually golden.
2. Avoid lying and deceitful conversations.
3. Avoid abuse or use of abusive language or cursing people. This has additional requirement of managing your temperament.
4. Keep good company that will remind you about Allah and caution your deviation from expected behaviour.

Guarding one’s tongue from idle chatter, lying, gossiping, obscenity, rudeness, arguing and controversy; making (the tongue) observe silence and occupying it with remembrance of Allah, Great and Glorious is He, and with recitation of Quran. This is the fasting of the tongue. Said Sufyan: ‘Backbiting annuls the Fast.’ Layth quotes Mujahid as saying: ‘Two habits annul Fasting: backbiting and telling lies.’ The Prophet, on him be peace, said:
Rasulullah (SAW) said: “Fasting is a shield; so when one of you is Fasting he should not use foul or foolish talk. If someone attacks him or insults him, let him say: “I am Fasting, I am Fasting!”
According to an hadith: “Two women were Fasting during the time of Allah’s Messenger, SAW. They were so fatigued towards the end of the day, from hunger and thirst that they were on the verge of collapsing. They therefore sent a message to Allah’s Messenger, SAW, requesting permission to break their Fast. In response, the Prophet, SAW, sent them a bowl and said: “Tell them to vomit into it what they have eaten.” One of them vomited and half filled the bowl with fresh blood and tender meat, while the other brought up the same so that they filled it between them. The onlookers were astonished. Then the Prophet, SAW, said: “These two women have been Fasting from what Allah made lawful to them, and have broken their Fast on what Allah, SWT, made unlawful to them. They sat together and indulged in backbiting, and here is the flesh of the people they maligned!”
We ask Allah (SWT) to help us keep our mouths safe from utterances that will annul our fasts. Aamiiin!

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by muhamadnur: 12:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
Jaza kallahu khair

1 Like

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by muhazeen(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
tanks bro

1 Like

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by ganiyu26(m): 12:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
May Allah reward u abundantly...ameen

1 Like

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by Mubby4luv(m): 12:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Masha Allah

2 Likes

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by eedriyz(m): 1:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
Jazakumlah
Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ya salaam

That people's flesh part got to me
Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by Usernamesucks: 4:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
MuhdG:
Ya salaam

That people's flesh part got to me

Same here. Sometimes I wonder if my fast would be accepted.
May Allah accept our fasting as an act of Ibaadah. Ameen

1 Like

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 01, 2016
Usernamesucks:

Same here. Sometimes I wonder if my fast would be accepted.
May Allah accept our fasting as an act of Ibaadah. Ameen
امين يارب
Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by Walexz02(m): 12:05am On Jul 02, 2016
May Allah reward you op

1 Like

Re: Control Your Mouth To Maintain Sanity! by thirty(m): 5:54pm On Jul 06, 2016
Jazakumlah brother.
May Allah reward you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Female Pilgrims Were Not Deported – Hajj Commission / Death In Islam And Proper Burial Techniques| Part 1 / Parents and potential parents,jump In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.