Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,492 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:37 AM

Ooni The Son Of David - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni The Son Of David (2261 Views)

Son Of Emir Of Daura, Farouk Umar And His Aide (Photo) / Death Of Prince Kelechi Ineke, Son Of Gabriel Ineke, The Echemugo 1 Of Abaomege / Police Station Built By David Okunato In Ondo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 1:48pm On Jun 30, 2016
Jesus is the son of David, the ooni is the son of Jesus, literally speaking. The Ooni is the son of David.

Could this be the king that will lead us to Iseri, where tradition says Olofin Oduduwa came from?

Iseri is Yoruba for ancient Israel. As my one and only friend metaphysical would say "Yoruba is Afro Asia".

To me, Yoruba is Eurasia, all the mystery of ancient Europe and Asia has correlatives in Yoruba. Join me in this.

God bless the land.

*If I could remember, this thread came up with Ooni worshiping in the church or something to this effect at the time it was created.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by scholes0(m): 10:20pm On Jun 30, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 11:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
LOLZ

cheesy

We presently have a Christian ooni, I'm believing God he will lead us to Christ.

Who know if after his long reign, another one will come to lead you guys to Igbo irumole or Mecca?

How's Ramadan friend?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by scholes0(m): 11:34pm On Jun 30, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
LOLZ

cheesy

We presently have a Christian ooni, I'm believing God he will lead us to Christ.

Who know if after his long reign, another one will come to lead you guys to Igbo irumole or Mecca?

How's Ramadan friend?

Which Ramadan?
I have no religion.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 11:56pm On Jun 30, 2016
scholes0:

Which Ramadan?
I have no religion.

Hmm

That's a religion too.

Religion is a conviction in or against a supreme being, God. You may not have a religion, but you have an argument against it.

No one is free from it.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by scholes0(m): 12:13am On Jul 01, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Hmm

That's a religion too.

Religion is a conviction in or against a supreme being, God. You may not have a religion, but you have an argument against it.

No one is free from it.

No it is not a religion.
I dont have any conviction in or against any supreme being.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 12:17am On Jul 01, 2016
scholes0:

No it is not a religion.
I dont have any conviction in or against any supreme being.

We all have a way of protecting our biases.

It's not a religion really, its a way of life, as we say time and again.

That's agnosticism.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 01, 2016
Iseri us Israel, I'm done grin cheesy

Macof 'coman' see tuntun
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by macof(m): 12:45am On Jul 01, 2016
9jacrip:
Iseri us Israel, I'm done grin cheesy

Macof 'coman' see tuntun

The problem with all this lunatics is not really their psychosis but ignorance. .. Ignorance in both yoruba history and Jewish history

the op obviously doesn't know that Israel is really Yi - sra- El when broken down . how does this fit in with Ise-ri?

desperation to serve the Jewish masters is real!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni The Son Of David by Nobody: 12:56am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

The problem with all this lunatics is not really their psychosis but ignorance. .. Ignorance in both yoruba history and Jewish history

the op obviously doesn't know that Israel is really Yi - sra- El when broken down . how does this fit in with Ise-ri?

100% true.

Some people's validation of existence comes from being connected to Jews or Arabs. Their forefathers were not good enough to have achieved anything without a middle east connection.

1 Like

Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 1:36am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

Your excellent knowledge of knowing the beginning from the end would never enable you to see morphology of languages.

Google is the accurate judge of how this word was pronounced from the beginning of time to this very day and it never ever changed because Google never said so. I can't help in that regards.

Few decades back, Yoruba folks made 'penkelemes' from 'peculiar mess', they made 'masailo' from 'martial law' in colonial era. Long ago, they made kiriyo from creole and imale from Mali. Words has roots.

How is peculiar related to penkele? How is Creole related to kiriyo? How is martial related to Masai? How is law related to lo? There is no linguistic restrictions in back and forth words shared by different culture.

Although you are rooted to the internet structure of the word Israel and how its pronounced (Yiz.rael) but you believe I'm ignorant of this. Like you are the only one who know how to use Google and make public materials your endowments.

You do not have an argument that transcend Google, meanwhile knowledge is borne out of curiosity, not from your biases and your limitations.

You don't have the gift of comparative analysis of words from various ancient culture but thanks to your power to call people names. You don't have root in Yoruba, this bloodline eludes you.

Calling people lunatic is your only power, to cover your weaknesses.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 1:48am On Jul 01, 2016
9jacrip:

100% true.

Some people's validation of existence comes from being connected to Jews or Arabs. Their forefathers were not good enough to have achieved anything without a middle east connection.

You see this as the original sin from your perspective to life. I'm 100% on the same probability except you live through the century or, that you are a judge in an argument you are entangled in.

But if you have failed to realize that you can't be a judge in an argument involving you, then your wit of analytics is low and dependent. You still can't make a conclusion without leaning on a superior anchor.

I think a fool that is resolute is wiser than a judge that can't device his thought.

Even if my conclusion is right or presumptuous, the feelings you get within you is based on your fears, biases or whatever. So your conclusion is void of logic but emotional.

Well it's a religious feeling you have. Dogma is harboring a feverish opinion you hate to lose. What you are attacking in someone else is what you have plenty in you.

You can kill or get killed for dogma.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by macof(m): 8:12am On Jul 01, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Your excellent knowledge of knowing the beginning from the end would never enable you to see morphology of languages.

Google is the accurate judge of how this word was pronounced from the beginning of time to this very day and it never ever changed because Google never said so. I can't help in that regards.

Few decades back, Yoruba folks made 'penkelemes' from 'peculiar mess', they made 'masailo' from 'martial law' in colonial era. Long ago, they made kiriyo from creole and imale from Mali. Words has roots.

How is peculiar related to penkele? How is Creole related to kiriyo? How is martial related to Masai? How is law related to lo? There is no linguistic restrictions in back and forth words shared by different culture.

Although you are rooted to the internet structure of the word Israel and how its pronounced (Yiz.rael) but you believe I'm ignorant of this. Like you are the only one who know how to use Google and make public materials your endowments.

You do not have an argument that transcend Google, meanwhile knowledge is borne out of curiosity, not from your biases and your limitations.

You don't have the gift of comparative analysis of words from various ancient culture but thanks to your power to call people names. You don't have root in Yoruba, this bloodline eludes you.

Calling people lunatic is your only power, to cover your weaknesses.

grin grin grin look who's talking about morphology of language.

Penkelemes is known to be a corruption. . you cannot break that down to meaning syllables.
so now Ebora, Ileba, Iseri are corruptions of Deborah, Eber, Yisrael respectively
what word is really yoruba in your deranged mind?

1 Like

Re: Ooni The Son Of David by AjaanaOka(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2016
Does Iseri have a Yoruba etymology? Can it be broken down and explained in Yoruba?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 01, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

You see this as the original sin from your perspective to life. I'm 100% on the same probability except you live through the century or, that you are a judge in an argument you are entangled in.

But if you have failed to realize that you can't be a judge in an argument involving you, then your wit of analytics is low and dependent. You still can't make a conclusion without leaning on a superior anchor.

I think a fool that is resolute is wiser than a judge that can't device his thought.

Even if my conclusion is right or presumptuous, the feelings you get within you is based on your fears, biases or whatever. So your conclusion is void of logic but emotional.

Well it's a religious feeling you have. Dogma is harboring a feverish opinion you hate to lose. What you are attacking in someone else is what you have plenty in you.

You can kill or get killed for dogma.

Lol kini gbogbo iranu yi?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 8:59am On Jul 01, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin look who's talking about morphology of language.

Why are you a slave of grammar, does morphology means an impenetrable knowledge to you, why the excitement?

Is the word morphology also part of the problem or hangover from your assumptions that nobody knows anything better than you?

na wa o.

Penkelemes is known to be a corruption. . you cannot break that down to meaning syllables.
so now Ebora, Ileba, Iseri are corruptions of Deborah, Eber, Yisrael respectively
what word is really yoruba in your deranged mind?

grin

Lolz,

You have my codes stuck on your mind. That's power, I rule your mind and also deposits what hurts you into it.

I can't remember anything coming from you but "lunatic" and other carefully chosen sentences that never delivered history but conceited opinions.

Now being a Yoruba, what code of yours is in anyone's memory? What do you have as "mind share" with people?

I won't tell you what to think, but I will tell you what to think about. Where are you from macof?

Thanks for telling me I'm deranged. What's your business with a deranged fellow man? Check yourself, you will soon fall.

Happy new month though, God bless we made it to the second half. Oppss you have your own juju calendar.

cheesygringrincheesycheesy
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 9:06am On Jul 01, 2016
9jacrip:

Lol kini gbogbo iranu yi?

I'm telling you not to get stuck under anyone's apron, be man and speak for yourself.

You don't need to hide under anyone or parade yourself as judge to anyone or any idea.

I hate creepy people. Be a man and do your business with gusto.

I know your connection is real.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by macof(m): 4:24pm On Jul 02, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Why are you a slave of grammar, does morphology means an impenetrable knowledge to you, why the excitement?

Is the word morphology also part of the problem or hangover from your assumptions that nobody knows anything better than you?

na wa o.

grin

Lolz,

You have my codes stuck on your mind. That's power, I rule your mind and also deposits what hurts you into it.

I can't remember anything coming from you but "lunatic" and other carefully chosen sentences that never delivered history but conceited opinions.

Now being a Yoruba, what code of yours is in anyone's memory? What do you have as "mind share" with people?

I won't tell you what to think, but I will tell you what to think about. Where are you from macof?

Thanks for telling me I'm deranged. What's your business with a deranged fellow man? Check yourself, you will soon fall.

Happy new month though, God bless we made it to the second half. Oppss you have your own juju calendar.

cheesygringrincheesycheesy

See im a very busy individual as I have a real life outside nairaland doesn't mean I lose memory of what I've read on here from various people... I know it's possible that your psychosis can be joint with reoccurring amnesia... don't blame me for that

I'm not surprised that you made this kind of statement anyway, this whole Jewish - Yoruba campaign you live for is borne out of the desperate urge to be relevant at something no Matter how stupid that makes you. I pity you really, from what I've picked up so far I can tell all isn't well with you Financially and Socially

But please after all your attention seeking and childish whims, just explain to me how Ebora is Deborah, Isheri is Israel or did you make a mistake?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by MetaPhysical: 9:00pm On Jul 02, 2016
absoluteSuccess:
Jesus is the son of David, the ooni is the son of Jesus, literally speaking. The Ooni is the son of David.

Could this be the king that will lead us to Iseri, where tradition says Olofin Oduduwa came from?

Iseri is Yoruba for ancient Israel. As my one and only friend metaphysical would say "Yoruba is Afro Asia".

To me, Yoruba is Eurasia, all the mystery of ancient Europe and Asia has correlatives in Yoruba. Join me in this.

God bless the land.

Im here my brother. It is always nice to see you wink
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
MetaPhysical:

Im here my brother. It is always nice to see you wink

Baba, I salute you.

May you continue to wax strong in strength and wisdom. Great days are still ahead, but little pebbles like this keep us busy as we needs to.

I have to tell you this, I'm taking a woman from your fold. You know there's no secret with me. She's beautiful. She's from Sagamu.

I know it would delight you to know. I've been to Uyo but I've found out myself that there's no place like home. Please bless me father.

You are blessed, great soul.

tongue
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by MetaPhysical: 9:50pm On Jul 02, 2016
Macof and 9jacrip,
How old is the theory that Yoruba belongs in the Niger-Congo class of languages? Before the inception of that theory, which class did the language belong?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by MetaPhysical: 9:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
absoluteSuccess:

Baba, I salute you.

May you continue to wax strong in strength and wisdom. Great days are still ahead, but little pebbles like this keep us busy as we needs to.

I have to tell you this, I'm taking a woman from your fold. You know there's no secret with me. She's beautiful. She's from Sagamu.

I know it would delight you to know. I've been to Uyo but I've found out myself that there's no place like home. Please bless me father.

You are blessed, great soul.

tongue

I pray for harmony, fruitfullness, growth, health, wellness, strength, prosperity and longevity in your union. May the ancestors be with you. You will need patience and wisdom to cohabit with a woman. They serve as energy of refinement for the male ego. A man transcends his material self and become divine in the grace of a woman and her mysteries. Be mindful, be firm, and don"t bend her too much and cause a snap.

Glory is yours, in Oduduwa's name, Ase!

1 Like

Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 10:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
MetaPhysical:

I pray for harmony, fruitfullness, growth, health, wellness, strength, prosperity and longevity in your union. May the ancestors be with you. You will need patience and wisdom to cohabit with a woman. They serve as energy of refinement for the male ego. A man transcends his material self and become divine in the grace of a woman and her mysteries. Be mindful, be firm, and don"t bend her too much and cause a snap.

Amen and amen. Thanks dear elder for invoking the ancestors ( my woman must not know cause she'll say stuffs and there we go again trying to be a true evangelist that I am, as in, pastor Ladi grin)

Yet as an African man one must be informed on traditional education ingrained in the culture so as to protect the best that has come to us from the ancient past. God bless the fathers.

I promised to live by the rules of God and the fine example of the virtuous men in history, to bequeath a legacy for posterity and my environment. So help me God.

You have given me words of wisdom and the vital ideals to live by, that's an inspired verse. Its a great reminder of this folksong:

Aye o aye o
Aye o aye o e.

Agba nbo wa kan wa o
Agba nbo waa kan wao e.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by MetaPhysical: 11:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
A repost....

Macof and 9jacrip,
How old is the theory that Yoruba belongs in the Niger-Congo class of languages? Before the inception of that theory, which class did the language belong?
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 10:47am On Jul 05, 2016
macof:

See im a very busy individual as I have a real life outside nairaland doesn't mean I lose memory of what I've read on here from various people... I know it's possible that your psychosis can be joint with reoccurring amnesia... don't blame me for that

Thanks, you are always very negative, why? I believe its this issues that kept you busy in real life 'psychosis', 'recurring amnesia', lunatic etc. from the abundance of the heart the mouth speak forth.

You hate to use positive words or appreciate anything good about others, you only appear wherever you can vent off your anger. What positive thread trace back to you than Ogun can beat Yahweh?

cheesy

I'm not surprised that you made this kind of statement anyway, this whole Jewish - Yoruba campaign you live for is borne out of the desperate urge to be relevant at something no Matter how stupid that makes you. I pity you really,

If my campaigns made me stupid, show me your counter campaign that makes you wise. You never have a solid claim I can remember, only 'changing speculations' in what you are at sea with.

from what I've picked up so far I can tell all isn't well with you Financially and Socially

Ad hominem

Thanks so much for your petit observation, although my life is not on trial here, we are having intellectual discourse, not feat of wealth and affluence at each poster's coffer.

I call this "I better pass my neighbour" syndrome.

I love real life challenges that can make for true adventure and inspiration to next generation of our youth. We would have grown old by then. I really want to see how far God can make one from the scratch.

Meanwhile your gossip derived from my cascade of threads, posts and truths. My philosophy of life is this,

life is in livelihood, not in secret. I don't covet another man's means or his existence, I lead in my own pages of life.

what can be brought to public in your life being better off? Nothing, your life is good to you but it inspired nobody, ohho.

However, I'm opened to advice, I will work more on this area. If my cup is half full, then I'm still challenged in this area. I'm not thinking I have it all, I better climb on.

At least you mean well this one time in the middle of your endless gush of negativity just to ridiculed me. This is your answer for my saying you are not Yoruba.

But please after all your attention seeking and childish whims, just explain to me how Ebora is Deborah, Isheri is Israel or did you make a mistake?

Only part that has to do with my interest, it interest you because this is the obstacle to whatever speculation you want to advance, evolution. You want to tell us how we came from chimpanzees.

Ala taja bala, inu aja niigbe.

Will you be involved in continual back and forth with a childish-whim poster seeking attention?

happy holiday friend.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 8:45am On Jul 06, 2016
MetaPhysical:
A repost....

Macof and 9jacrip,

I'm not sure those folks have anything of pristine intellectual worth in their coffer, other than "lunatic, psychosis" and other speculations of their choice.

I think they are "educated illiterates" when it comes to linguistic approach to history, so they rather lie low and jump out when you venture to their familiar terrain.

It's impossible to give what you don't have. "Adete o le fun wara, o kan le da wara nu ni". The leper can't milk a cow but can spill the milk.

Their mind game is to make you feel stupid and your argument worthless, then they control everyone with little or nothing but their preferences. Clever lot.

cheesycheesygringrincheesycheesy

Trans lingual class

In the scheme of things touching proto-Yoruba language, there are phenomena open to review as one's makeshift linguistic intelligence can allow them to be explored.

I called it makeshift because you assume authority although you may not yet have it in one place or as perfect as it can be.

I love to say some words are transcultural, they are shared by more than one culture. At first a linguist needed to establish their importance in the primary language they are found.

The particular approach to this is in the way I device to study them as follows: onomatopoetic, mindshare, Transcultural, phenomena, encrypted, coincidental, loaned, hyperlinked etc. Let me review some.

onomatopoetic: certain words cut across various culture in peculiar form, e.g. kokoro, akuko, cock, cockerel, kuku, cuckoo, [odere] koko.

All these sounds associates with cock. Each culture named the cock after the way it crows. This simply means all the culture involved had contact with cock.

Mind share: some words are present in two or more languages meaning the same thing. Adele is a name in Yoruba and some other culture, Bale looks like baale!, Yoruba for husband or mayor.

transcultural or Historical: when a similar sounding word means the same thing in two different culture that one claims not to have contact in recent past, the word becomes historical. e.g. Ein gedi and Eyin gbeti, owu and wool.

Owu is a plant with economic importance as old as man, its the plant that produce wool used in making clothes, which is the earliest industry known to man. Could it be that Owu and wool came from common linguistic source?

Indigenized: Some foreign words has become indigenous and you hardly can detect they were appropriated from other lands: dugbe, kanafuru (clove), dansaki(dan sarkin: Hausa).

Phenomena: some words are present in different culture in senses that is beyond happenstance. Example is idiomatic expression of thousands years you find in the scriptures here: John 13:18.

Now you wonder how. This expression sounds very familiar with Yoruba to a fault. Its not a word but idiom, meaning 'to offend ones leader', tapa si[joba] (kick with heel) means to go against [the government].

Coincidence: in Egun, stomach is adomeh. In English, the stomach is abdomen. What premise of linguistics explain this in antiquity? Its either this is coincidence or through common original contact.

With coincidence, terms are still open to further review and interpretations, while contact exposes us to forgotten path in history.

History is about social interaction of cultures from time immemorial to the present, seeing history from myopic opinion of "my culture is the universe" is reckless pride of 'empty historians' and scornful lot.

It's's history and languages comes to play because language is the vehicle of knowledge from time to time.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2020
AjaanaOka:
Does Iseri have a Yoruba etymology? Can it be broken down and explained in Yoruba?

A name of an ancestor, as found in this proverb, "ki'seri too domoba, oju ri" (before Iseri became a prince, he suffered). This is as given in the collection of proverbs published by Chief S.O Bada, published in 1910s. This served as source of information for a little book of mine, Yoruba legends.

Iseri, the source of river.

The point here is, how does a grown up become a prince after struggling through life (?) since that seems to be more pertinent with the topic as a name of an ancestor of a people who connect their origin to a journey through water.

Ake = Ara ake majo, Iseri Oloko, igbedu ekun tofitofi, omo ekun to tiru tiru...Akii gbowo Oko lowo Iseri...omo amu t'Orun Ije bo.

Awori = Omo Iwaju Oloko tii sowo, eyin Oloko tii sejigbara ileke, ogedegede Oloko tii mi yebeyebe lori omi...kafeso gunle si Iseri-Imole.
Re: Ooni The Son Of David by absoluteSuccess: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
MetaPhysical:

How time flies bro. Your advice is golden, I'm among men most blessed with a friend like you.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do U Enjoy Speaking English Instead Of Ur Native / Loogun-ede/ologun-ede / Thirteen Igbo Traditions From The Olden Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.