Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins (21041 Views)

18 Students Emerge Winners Of NNPC Quiz Competition / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 2nd Edition / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship) - Maiden Ed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2016
In a bid to get its activities to impact Nigerians more positively in keeping with its payoff line, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has pledged to retool its channels of engagement with communities to help prepare the younger generation for leadership.

Speaking at the grand finale of the 2016 edition of the NNPC Annual National Quiz Competition which held at the NNPC Corporate Headquarters in Abuja, the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources and Group Managing Director of NNPC, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, said he was immensely proud of the National Quiz Competition project as it has lived up to the objective of generating interest in science and technology among Nigerian youth.

The Minister who was represented by the Group Executive Director/Chief Operating Officer, Corporate Services, Mr. Isa Inuwa, said the Corporation would continue to support the National Quiz Competition and other community-based efforts aimed at promoting education and youth development.

“We would thus commit ourselves to executing many more strategic community development projects, particularly those that we reckon would rapidly improve the lives of Nigerians”, he said.

In a goodwill message, the Minister of Education, Alhaji Adamu Adamu, who was represented by the Acting Director, Technology and Science Education, Mrs Tina Eyanru, commended the management of NNPC for initiating and supporting the science quiz competition for the past 15 years.

He said the poor economic condition in sub-Sahara African countries was a result of poor application of science, adding that there was need to change that trajectory by encouraging the development of the transition from science to technology which is what the Junior Engineers, Technicians and Scientists (JETS) Competition sponsored by the Ministry of Education was about.

The grand finale of the NNPC Quiz which had the winners from the zonal level of the contest was won by students from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, who clinched the first prize with 135 points.

The other winners are: Akwa Ibom which clinched the second prize with 125 points; Lagos – 110 points; Jigawa – 100 points, Abia – 90 points and Yobe – 70 points.

The contestants who represented the FCT – Master Aniagoh William; Anyacho Sopuruchukwu and Nwokolo David – would enjoy N300, 000 bursary throughout their education up to the first degree level.

Mallam Garba Deen Muhammad

Group General Manager

Group Public Affairs Division

NNPC, Abuja.

28th June, 2016.

http://www.nta.ng/news/events/20160630-nnpc-quiz-competition-fct-abuja-wins-2016-nnpc-science-quiz-competition/

4 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by justman911(m): 10:06pm On Jun 30, 2016
Nice to encourage the bookworms. Not just beauty pageant and singing contests every time then later we will say the young ones do not read.

Hmm FTC for the first time?
This will be a lovely month am sure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 10:12pm On Jun 30, 2016
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe
Lalasticlala please kindly help move this to the education section (spambot banned me there) and of course FP, thank you.
Proud of my state Jigawa, no be by high number of writing Jamb.
*Modified
Disclaimer
I was NOT trying to blow ethnic chauvinism in my post, but only to inform our brothers down south with the errornous belief that students up north are backward. To buttress my point I emphasized Jigawa which took 4th defeating Abia (and in extension NW defeating SE) the region with arguably the highest number of school enrollment. This is to tell you it's not quantity that matters, but quality!
Ndi Igbos are now on the thread shouting the kids that represented Abuja are Igbos some even go as far as claiming those from Lagos and Jigawa could also be Igbos hypocritically ignoring ABIA that came second from the last! The question is are those Igbo kids from Abuja more Igbo than those from Abia (SE states by extension)?
Another point worthy of notice is the Abuja school is a private school with millions of Naira as school fees, whereas Science Secondary School Kafin Hausa is a typical Northern secondary school.
Keep underestimating the north at your own detriment!

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by OBAFEMIawolowo: 10:17pm On Jun 30, 2016
The Abuja kids are Igbos, nawa ooo

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by onepluone: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe
Lalasticlala please kindly help move this to the education section (spambot banned me there) and of course FP, thank you.

Political Quiz!

15 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by onepluone: 10:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe

Hahahaha! The 4th 5th and 6th position is rigged in favour of our very dull northern bros.

Usually 1st, 2nd and 3rd is all the counts in competition. Buhari is shameless.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lol So Jigawa and your will defeat my darling Imo state in a national quiz? Well except it's done zone by zone sending representatives cool cool

2 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Ilovemystate: 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2016
Igbo kids has taken over, for three years now our kids have dominated the competition

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
onepluone:

Hahahaha The 4th 5th and 6th position is rigged in favour of our very dulll northern bros.

Usually 1st 2 and 3rd is all the counts.
Hnmn

4 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by OjukwuWarBird: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe

It was done according to the best in each of the 6 geopolitical zones

SamuelAnyawu:
Lol So Jigawa and your will defeat my darling Imo state in a national quiz? Well except it's done zone by zone sending representatives cool cool
Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by onepluone: 10:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

It was done according to the best in each of the 6 geopolitical zones

That is Y I said it is a politica quiz.

Now they want to apply zoning. Wen it comes to education the North will remember zoning.

Yet these same dull North insist of ruling this country much to our detriment.

3 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 10:49pm On Jun 30, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Jigawa defeated Abia, the SE local champion, and Abia defeated your darling Imo together with Enugu and the rest. So Jigawa has defeated IMO! in fact all of SE!

7 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 11:01pm On Jun 30, 2016
onepluone:

That is Y I said it is a politica quiz.

Now they want to apply zoning. Wen it comes to education the North will remember zoning.

Yet these same dull North insist of ruling this country much to our detriment.
Look at you it's just common grouping like it's done in football tournament. You win your group round and proceed to the next round till a champion emerges. What has this got to do with zoning?

2 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by idensko(m): 11:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
I just checked the names of the pple that represented Abuja

Guess what I saw?

FCT – Master Aniagoh William;

Anyacho Sopuruchukwu

and

Nwokolo David – would
enjoy N300, 000 bursary throughout their
education up to the first degree level.

D children of hate won't like this.

D funny thing is dat dey still think that dey re d most Educated pple in Nigeria

No knowing that d post have shifted

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Nuells: 11:21pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lol....even the Abj winners are still lgbos so wat's the point dragging Jigawa in....BWT if check names who who represented Lagos you will be amazed it's still lgbos

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Ariani: 11:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
The contestants who represented the FCT –
Master Aniagoh William; Anyacho
Sopuruchukwu and Nwokolo David – would
enjoy N300, 000 bursary throughout their
education up to the first degree level.

Confirm. Proudly Igbo. Always the first.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:30pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lalasticlala!!!

Igbos are just too much.
Just negodu.
I am sure they are the ones repping the other states, so even if it was zoned politically, the beneficiaries will still be igbos.
They tried to bury us but didnt know we are seeds

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Ariani: 11:47pm On Jun 30, 2016
EazyMoh:
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe

Say what? I bet you didn't check the names of the FCT representatives. grin

I have been searching the net to find the names of the Jigawa representatives, I have this feeling that they might be Igbos too. wink

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by emmalexabl(m): 12:43am On Jul 01, 2016
In yolobass voice....the brilliant igbo chaps have cheated on us..,they used special centre grin grin

If we probe further.,we wil discover that the lagos winners are also igbos.. cheesy cheesy

Kudos to the igbos.,we are the trailblazers !!

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by explorer250(m): 1:31am On Jul 01, 2016
Igbo best IQ's ait work! if you check thé names of thé contestant representing Lagos,jigawa and yobe states i Know it must be igbos

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EzeNri(m): 7:12am On Jul 01, 2016
Jigawa lol. Ifa hear say no be Chukwuma Okoro, Ifeanyi Chukwudi and Emmanuel Eke. As for Lagos we already know they are: John Mmaduabuchi, Rofiatu Femi and Biafragabia Odiwomma. We are Repping, We descended from Heaven and not fallen angels.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Ilovemystate: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2016
explorer250:
Igbo best IQ's ait work! if you check thé names of thé contestant representing Lagos,jigawa and yobe states i Know it must be igbos
Our haters doesn't even have the strength and zeal to push us back, we have dominated education, same way we dominate NLNG price of literature and science

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by jmoore(m): 8:16am On Jul 01, 2016
EazyMoh:
1st Abuja
2nd Akwa ibom
3rd Lagos
4th Jigawa
5th Abia
6th Yobe

The feeling of disappointment when you celebrate too soon
[img]http://ionenewsone.files./2015/04/14290469929186.gif[/img]

Do you know the names of those who represented FCT? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by jmoore(m): 8:26am On Jul 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

Jigawa defeated Abia, the SE local champion, and Abia defeated your darling Imo together with Enugu and the rest. So Jigawa has defeated IMO! in fact all of SE!

Give me the names of those that represented Jigawa.

When you are disappointed because you celebrated too soon.
[img]http://new1.fjcdn.com/gifs/Don+t+celebrate+too+early_711250_5083035.gif[/img]

6 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 8:32am On Jul 01, 2016
jmoore:

[img]http://new1.fjcdn.com/gifs/Don+t+celebrate+too+early_711250_5083035.gif[/img]
It was not reported in the news, but I know they are students of Science Secondary School Kafin-Hausa. What will you bet if they are indigenous sons of Jigawa. Am going to make calls, but I joke you don't be a coward and renegade on your promise.
Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Nobody: 8:35am On Jul 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

And you forgot the fact that the kids representing fct are all Igbos. wink

3 Likes

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by jmoore(m): 8:42am On Jul 01, 2016
EazyMoh:

It was not reported in the news, but I know they are students of Science Secondary School Kafin-Hausa. What will you bet if they are indigenous sons of Jigawa. Am going to make calls, but I joke you don't be a coward and renegade on your promise.
You still dey dull. Wetin you sabi na copy and paste without reading. Read your first post and call out the names of the winners from FCT. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by EazyMoh(m): 9:12am On Jul 01, 2016
jmoore:

OGA no disgrace yourself o? You no dey shame to dey lie? see it here where you asked for the names of 'jigawa representatives' as you put it.
I don't insult people even if they deserve it! So if you can't discuss issues do me a favour and gerrahere mehn!
It just so happens those that represented Abuja and won are Igbos, I guess those that represented Abia (and by extension the whole SE) came 5TH behind Jigawa (and the whole NW in extension) with good ten points. Or those that represented Abia must be Tangale then since don't prove your tribe superiority rhetoric!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by RichYoungNigga: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2016
Is it true that Amala and Ewedu block people's brain ??

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by adonbilivit: 10:36am On Jul 01, 2016
I declare this thread a war zone. south vs north
Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by deymoh(m): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2016
lucky students... reminds me my firing days
Re: 2016 NNPC Science Quiz Competition: FCT Abuja Wins by Whizzcute(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2016
ok.seen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Clears The Air On Receiving Money From Government / JAMB Denies Introducing Points System Option For Screening / 50 Nigerian Students Sponsored By Aregbesola Graduate As Doctors In Ukraine(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.