Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,267 members, 7,957,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:02 PM

What Antivirus Do You Use? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Antivirus Do You Use? (1053 Views)

QUIZ: How Many Lines Of Code Can You Use To Reverse A List / Please Guys I Need Smartdav Antivirus / What PHP Cms/framework Do You Use And Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Antivirus Do You Use? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 01, 2016
I don't seem to have a stable antivirus because they all seem to interfere with my programming things?
I am interested in knowing the antivirus that you guys use, and the reasons for using it.

Last 2 years i was using Kapersky, last year - AVG, last month - Avast, Today - Windows Defender (for the first time)
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by RomeoMarvis(m): 8:34am On Jul 01, 2016
I'm using Avast... But it's interferring with my system. I'm even thinking of switching to another
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 01, 2016
My challenges with the above:
- AVG refers to some of the windows apps I developed and compiled on my system as viruses. Even some of the shell scripts I wrote that are just plain text are having issues with AVG - that disqualifies it. Plus it slows down my android studio drastically to the point of freezing my PC.
- Avast was doing well, until i discovered that it binds and locks intermediate files when compiling android projects
- Kapersky was shouting virus for many of self-written EXE stuffs and some other issues i cant even remember now
- Windows defender - well, just started using it like an hour ago, i cant say yet
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by sleepingdemon: 10:32am On Jul 01, 2016
on my ubuntu 16.04 lts, i say no to antivirus.
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 01, 2016
^^^You do not really need one as such
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Avast all the way, 360 too is cool.
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by Vstuffs(m): 12:22pm On Jul 01, 2016
windows defender -just keep on updating it
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by tr3y(m): 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
I use BitDefender and it's fine.
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by KazukiIto(m): 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
Windows Defender. Why? Because she knows her place - not to disturb me!!
Re: What Antivirus Do You Use? by FincoApps(m): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2016
I use Advanced System Care and the packages that come with it

(1) (Reply)

Coding With Command Prompt / Design Of Christmas E-card For My Company / Join The Team Of Automated Money Making Website/app

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.