Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) - TV/Movies (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (154357 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! / Big Brother Africa 4 Past Winners(how Much Are They Worth) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lawyerchap(m): 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2009
when we met 2 seasons ago, it was a rather elaborate affair at Jade Chinese Restaurant in GRA. It was great meeting everyone. I don't know if we want to do something like that this time around. I'm thinking something more informal, maybe a casual meet-up for drinks and chit-chat at some central location sometime before the end of next week. What do you guys think?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by v24m(f): 6:40pm On Dec 10, 2009
please guys when is the after party in 9ja, i need to see nkenna one on one
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by gianni(f): 11:39pm On Dec 10, 2009
@lawyerchap,i read and smiled and laughed and smirked@ all the posts from the sidelines.hope i'm eligible to attend this (get-together/soiree/party).
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by coolkaboom(m): 1:32am On Dec 11, 2009
it appears bbr never rest o, the show has assumed a life of its own, long after the cameras stopped rolling.
it appears Nkenna is back in Naija and was interviewed on STV. Didnt watch it mysef , but I gather she really dissed elizabeth big time.

did anyone catch the show, updates please.

LC; I dont work in Lag but would dash down any weekend that's scheduled for this get-together. Let's make it happen.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ponytail: 7:47am On Dec 11, 2009
Abeg who can deliver Nkenna's interview?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2009
Did anybody watch Kevin's interview on AM Express this morning? The guy is simply likeable. God Bless you my man. Never regretted wasting my airtime and valuable time voting for you.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2009
@ ayusman , how was it? wink give us the low-down
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by jjuummaaii(f): 10:50am On Dec 11, 2009
u gat to be joking, i was on am xpress for a while cos i suspected he will be on today but i must have scrolled away when it happened. give us low down pls am icthing Nkenna and kevins interviews
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Kx: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2009
coolkaboom:

it appears Nkenna is back in Naija and was interviewed on STV. Didnt watch it mysef , but I gather she really dissed elizabeth big time.

Even after her family dssapointed her,she is still going about
with her frugal basket mouth lie lie style?
I pray never to see her on any tv channel.

Bring on kevin jor.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 12:20pm On Dec 11, 2009
It was kinda short but trust our fortune seeking, lip licking midget superstar 2 make it lively. He was askd how he felt being a winner, like Obama ws his reply. He was commended 4 his humility and 4 making Nigerians proud. Kevin also thanked nairalander 4 voting him. lol. just kidding. He thanked d whole nigerians 4 standing by him and promised 2 remain in naija and do exploit. trust d guy, he didnt run down anybdy lik sm ppl wld do.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by lawyerchap(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2009
People, don't leave this up to me alone. Suggestions please. Tampico, heeellllppppp!!!!

Is the evening of sunday 20th good for everyone? Perhaps at The Place on Isaac John? What do you guys think?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2009
Where is Isaac John? And time?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by GTay(m): 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2009
^^^ Isaac John is in Ikeja G.R.A i think wink

@ LC not a bad idea, was thinking of V.Island initially though
20th is okay by me!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 9:26pm On Dec 11, 2009
Why are the babes not responding? sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by dominique(f): 12:29am On Dec 12, 2009
@lc
g.r.a sounds like a great location for a get together. I'll try to keep my calender open.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nobody: 9:44am On Dec 12, 2009
lol does this show still exists? embarassed
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 12, 2009
was thinking it will be on the island, but no wahala any place, 20th great!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 10:52am On Dec 12, 2009
Island ke? anywhr on d mainland is ok.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by kaydee(m): 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2009
Island or Mainland,anywhere is o.k on sunday.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2009
@Lc, The Place will be fine for me. Pls sign me on!. Can't wait to meet the peeps behind the beautiful posts on this thread.

Ayusman, make sure you come oooo!. We have some catching up to do. Seems u don fashy my side sef!.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2009
where are you guys and girls meeting? i would like to be there too tongue
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 7:28pm On Dec 12, 2009
@ilugunboy, no vex my man. i go show. really need 2 hook up with some interesting peeps there.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by shalom1234: 10:16pm On Dec 12, 2009
Mzamo arrives to a lukewarm reception

Malawi’s 2009 Big Brother Africa Revolution representative Mzamose Chibambo arrived in Malawi to a lukewarm reception.

This is contrary to a heroes reception given to another Big Brother finalist Hezel Warren last year and the other year's representative Code Sangala.

Mzamo, landed at Chileka International Airport in the commercial city, Blantyre.

She walked from all alone from the plane to the VIP lounge clutching in her hands, her hand bag. She looked embarassed and none of the on lookers cheered at her.

Twice, she tried to look at the hand-full of people that were outside the VIP fence and on both occasions, she was shy to face the people in the face.

She dropped her face twice, hiding it in her hands before managing a single wave to the people.

She was given a bouquet of flowers by an under five girl before being ushered into the VIP lounge often used by diplomats, members of parliament and company chief executives.

Later on the day, she tried to defend her actions at a press briefing organized by Multichoice Malawi.

She said what she did in the house was trying to be herself and nothing more nothing less.

24-year old Mzamose Jean Chibambo lost in the finals of the 2009 Big Brother Africa Revolution after staying in the house for the entire 91 days period. She came a distant 4th position from the US$200,000.00 prize money.

She said that she believes, Kelvin the Nigerian did not deserve to win the competition.

“My choice for a winner was Edward, the Namibian,” she said.

Interestingly both Mzamo and Edward got a single vote from their respective countries. The two may have possibly differed because of the numbers of people who voted as Edward came third in the competition.

The 24-year old Mzamo stunned many of her critics in Malawi when she reached the finals of the 2009 Big Brother Revolution show which was being held in South Africa.

The daughter of a former diplomat and politician Ziliro Chibambo, Mzamo caused some controversy back home in Malawi because of what many people have described as her un Malawian behavior.
The issues that have not impressed many Malawians include; her excessive drinking culture, smoking habit, dressing, the use of foul language and her sexual escapades with evicted housemate, Lionel from the neighbouring Mozambique. The two are reported to have had sex in the house although this has not been proved.

On arrival in Blantyre, Mzamose dismissed talk that she had sex in the house with the Mozambican. She said they were only friends.

Following her behaviour in the house and a public outcry, her own family back home in Malawi condemned her greatly.

She said then that what Mzamose was doing in the house was not what the Chibambo family had expected of her and that they were embarrassed she behaved that way on live television.

However, following some great help from Namibian housemate Edward who twice saved Mzamo from possible eviction, the Malawian student reached the finals of the Big Brother Africa Revolution.

The final competition was between Namibia’s Edward, Angola’s Emma, Kelvin and Nkenna both from Nigeria and Mzamo from Malawi.

Although this was the stance taken by the women religious leaders, there has been divergent opinion on the Malawi girl’s behaviour.

Others have argued it’s reality television such that people are displaying their normal behaviour whilst others feel she has embarrassed the nation.

Malawi remains a conservative society that was very dominant under the 31-year autocratic rule under former late president Hastings Kamuzu Banda and the former ruling Malawi Congress Party
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by ayusman16(m): 6:37am On Dec 13, 2009
nice update on mzamo. can we also get how other housemates were received at their respective countries?
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by Cyberfreak(f): 8:47am On Dec 13, 2009
Yes. Thanks for the update on Mzamo shalom. But why was she coldly received? She was the one chosen out of all the people who auditioned. They ought to have asked her what she intends to do in the house before making her their choice.
Please anyone with updates on the other housemates should post it here. Thanks. Especially for Nkenna.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by TexMex: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2009
^^^
Cyberfreak,

Countries do not select their representatives. MNET does. And while we may not know the criteria MNET uses in selecting each country's representative(s), I can hazard a guess: MNET try to get a mix of housemates. I mean, it's so easy to select young executives from several AFRICAN ountries and place them in the house for 91 days. But the show will be another APPRENTICE AFRICA -- no 'Big Brotheresque' entertainment value there. So MNET is better off selecting a mix of characters (the good, the bad, riff-raffs, etc) while voters will do well to vote for the housemates irrespective of country of origin.

Another issue I 'd have mentioned is quality of people coming forward for auditioning. If only the worst of a country's citizens are coming for auditions for the BBA show, MNET will have no alternative to picking one/two for the show and thereby make the citizens feel aggrieved. I 'm reminded though that KEVIN had been auditioning for the show since inception but never previously selected. And to think those that were selected ahead of him never won the BBA! This supports my view that even the riff-raffs can win BBA. A 'fairly mad' mad man may even stand a better chance of winning BBA than a tie-and-jacket young executive. Voters may be put off by the young executive's 'dogon turenchi' and vote the mad man who has no inhibitions instead.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by klas(m): 11:21am On Dec 13, 2009
Kevin's after-party in Lagos on 12/12/09

"Kevin answered a number of questions and when asked about Elizabeth he said they are just friends and thats how it will remain. There were reactions from the crowd and then he takes the microphone and then asks which one we want-Elizabeth or Emma. He says because after coming out of the house, he realized that a number of people said they liked Emma and they feel both of them get along fine. He had the crowd choose and at the end of the day majority went for Emma-he then say off to Angola then. Could he be serious?

When he said so off to angola we go, the compere then said but she said you are like a brother to her. He then jokes and said i dont know where she got that from oh, maybe she meant brava, you know brother is different from brava.

All together the guy is just very funny and sociable. At different times the compere tried to pull one or two pranks/jokes on him but he was always on point to give the compere back.He was never caught not getting or flowing with a joke. It was also very nice to see his sisters all around him, he has 5 sisters and he is the only boy i think. They all danced with him and they all good dancers even the married ones. I was tripped because all those Kevin's dance steps in the house, they all did at one point together and it just looked like a family that just always stuck together no matter the age difference.

Geraldine was there with her twin sister Jackie, both of them looked hot but Jackie looked hotter. I think she would have been a more open Geraldine in that house. She seems to be more social than Gerry. When asked about plans Gerry spoke about the book she is writing and well serious stuff.

Nkenna on her path didnt seem to come with anybody. When asked about her strategy and if she were given a chance will she change it?She said yes because her country didnt seem to understand or like it, she discovered when she got out. At that point people cheered her saying we love you because before then their response to her wasnt the best. They were quiet unlike for Gerry and of course Kevin."

Adapted from http://bigbrotherafrica.com/forum/Thread-Emma-or-Elizabeth-Kevin-asks
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Dec 13, 2009
klas:

Kevin's after-party in Lagos on 12/12/09

"Kevin answered a number of questions and when asked about Elizabeth he said they are just friends and thats how it will remain. There were reactions from the crowd and then he takes the microphone and then asks which one we want-Elizabeth or Emma. He says because after coming out of the house, he realized that a number of people said they liked Emma and they feel both of them get along fine. He had the crowd choose and at the end of the day majority went for Emma-he then say off to Angola then. Could he be serious?

When he said so off to angola we go, the compere then said but she said you are like a brother to her. He then jokes and said i dont know where she got that from oh, maybe she meant brava, you know brother is different from brava.

All together the guy is just very funny and sociable. At different times the compere tried to pull one or two pranks/jokes on him but he was always on point to give the compere back.He was never caught not getting or flowing with a joke. It was also very nice to see his sisters all around him, he has 5 sisters and he is the only boy i think. They all danced with him and they all good dancers even the married ones. I was tripped because all those Kevin's dance steps in the house, they all did at one point together and it just looked like a family that just always stuck together no matter the age difference.

Geraldine was there with her twin sister Jackie, both of them looked hot but Jackie looked hotter. I think she would have been a more open Geraldine in that house. She seems to be more social than Gerry. When asked about plans Gerry spoke about the book she is writing and well serious stuff.

Nkenna on her path didnt seem to come with anybody. When asked about her strategy and if she were given a chance will she change it?She said yes because her country didnt seem to understand or like it, she discovered when she got out. At that point people cheered her saying we love you because before then their response to her wasnt the best. They were quiet unlike for Gerry and of course Kevin."

Adapted from http://bigbrotherafrica.com/forum/Thread-Emma-or-Elizabeth-Kevin-asks

nice one for Kevin, Nkenna should be happy that her head was not even broken at the airport.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by naijagal(f): 12:08pm On Dec 13, 2009
thanks klas for posting dat interview, how i wish they would show the party on tv
am still over d moon for kevin & am happy he got a grand reception cheesy cheesy cheesy
wish geraldine all d best too & she should be more independent & confident smiley
as for our madam nkenna, hope reality has bitten her big time on d butt! angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by rodbel(m): 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2009
Mehn, kevin, wish i was @ d afta parrie.
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by sultan003(m): 6:54pm On Dec 13, 2009
I had a crush on Elizabeth — Kevin, BBA Revolution winner
By SAMUEL OLATUNJI
Sunday, December 13, 2009

If you are just 27 and suddenly won $200,000 (about N23 million) in a competition, wouldn’t you cry for joy?
Winner of the 2009 Big Brother Africa Revolution reality show, Kevin Chuwang from Jos, Plateau State simply let out all the accumulated tension of the 91-day programme that has completely changed his life.

Kevin, who has a BA in English Language had to struggle and hustle to get a foothold in the entertainment business. Now, he has become an overnight celebrity. Just like that!
It was his down-to-earth, boy-next-door attitude that endeared him to millions of viewers across Africa, who burnt the airwaves rooting and voting for him through text messages, and hung in right to the end, when he was announced as Africa’s choice beating Emma, Edward, Nkenna and Mzamo the surviving housemates on the final day of the show.
Kevin ‘swaggalicious’, the out and out choice of the crowd got 11 votes followed by Emma who had 2 votes and Edward and Mzamo had 1 vote each. Nigeria’s Nkenna ended up with no vote at all.

When Kelvin was announced winner, Emma was heard telling him, “I told you, I told you” as Kevin lay on the floor in disbelief, reports myjoyonline.com. It was a very touching moment watching him sobbing on the floor, draped with a Nigerian flag. Kevin was still in the House on the floor with his head buried in his arms. Sheer disbelief until IK called him up on to the live show stage.
While Kevin walked away with the ultimate prize of USD200,000, Edward left the house with USD2,757 while Emma who was the 1st runner up left the house with close to $3,000. This year’s show saw a total of 25 housemates all vying to be the ultimate winner. Ghana’s only representative, Ras Wayo was evicted in the first week of the show.

Kevin and Emma shared a huge hug before Emma had to walk onto the stage to be welcomed as the Revolutionary runner-up! While the show lasted, the duo had become chummy, chummy with a hint of romance.
In it all, Kevin demonstrated the Nigerian spirit that Funke Akindele in a recent TV commercial praised so much. In a text, one of his ardent supporters identified simply as Pretty1 said: “Swaggalicious Kevin, the cute short boy from Jos in Nigeria!!! Congratulations to you my guy, you not only made Naija proud, you made Africa proud. You know you will always have haters but just know that the majority loves you and most of all God loves you. it was your time to shine and oh boy did you shine. You are the African dream and you have inspired many to chase their dreams and never give up.”

Kevin who never let it be forgotten that he is proud to be Nigerian because Nigerians stand out and survive any situation “and that’s why you’ll find a Nigerian almost anywhere. He is a Manchester United fan whose hobbies include rapping. Now that he has won the big prize, Kevin can certainly realize his dream of traveling to Hollywood to see a movie in the making there. He can now equally achieve his goal of building an entertainment empire. His seven siblings, parents and close friends who stood by him would now be perceiving the nice smell of crisp dollar notes!

In this interview with Sunday Sun, Kevin reveals how Elizabeth turned him down, and what he would do with his money. The Naija boy with swagger bares it all.
How does it feel to be the winner?
It feels good.
Did you genuinely believe that you could win?
With faith in God and myself, I believed I could do it.
So, you entered the competition knowing that you would win?
No, I believed that I would emerge the winner. It is about believing; not knowing. I just had faith that I would come out tops and that was why I put everything into it.

You are the first Nigerian to win this competition. How does it feel for your name to enter the annals of history?
I feel like a proud son of the soil; when soldiers go to war and come back triumphant and victorious, I don’t feel like I have done something that’s impossible.
$200,000 is a lot of money; did you ever think that the money will come this early in life?
No, I never thought it would come like this.

How many years do you think it will take you to work for $200,000?
I have been hustling and yet I know how much I have, so I think it will take me up to 15 years to earn that amount.

Fifteen years to get that kind of money?
Yes. For you to have that kind of money waiting for you somewhere because you know as you make money, you spend; so for you to gather such amount will take time.

How will that change your lifestyle?
It won’t change it that much; just that I will be able to afford some things now like buy myself a car, and some other things. My lifestyle, my relationship with people that are close to me will remain the same, my passion remains the same; my drive and everything remains intact. So, it won’t really change much, I just want to be myself and try to be more humble than I was before, not to say some things and people will look at me as a proud person.

That means you won’t change your girlfriend?
I don’t have one but like I said earlier, I won’t change my friends, my people and people that are close to me and I’ll even make more friends.

How come a good looking guy like you doesn’t have a girl friend?
I had relationships from time to time but they didn’t work out. I was always busy hustling and going for auditions here and there and trying to make things work; so it wasn’t like my priority as at that time.

Was it that the girls were not patient enough?
Yes. Some of them that left me were not patient enough.

What if they come back now and say that they still want you?
Omo, na only Jesus fit come back oh. But seriously, I don’t know what will happen.

What about your parents, how did they feel?
Yeah, my dad felt very happy. I grew up a hustler, so I know how it feels. So, I am really happy and I know my father is proud of me.

What about your mother?
My mom died when I was 12 years but I have a stepmother.

You said you have been hustling, where have you been hustling and what have you been doing?
I hustled in Jos when I was at the University of Jos. I used to do kabukabu, and bounce at various shows. In fact I was with P-Square when he got his breakthrough; we were at the show and we came second; we used to bounce. I was a radio DJ and did lots of other stuff.

So if you come back, what will you do now?
I want to venture into movies and also publish a book.

Do you think the time for Nigeria has come or they just had to compensate Nigeria?
No, I don’t think it was compensation because if you look at the difference, you will know that it was keenly contested. I know because I checked on a few pages and tried to make it to the show. I was focused.

What did you do that others did not do?
I’ll say I checked the energy from day one to the last. I showed the love I have for my country and my country’s music. I performed D’banj’s song and I heard OJB’s track and I performed it too because I had to comply with the rules of the game to move ahead.

So, what will you do with the $200,000?
I will invest it in my music career, my movie career and my writing career.

You are not talking about buying a house or a car. Why?
For now, that is not my priority, but of course, I my going to buy a car.
Which church do you attend?
I go to Covenant Word.

People complained about so many restrictions in this year’s programme. The shower hour and the likes were not featured. Do you feel bad that this is happening in your own era?
In my own case, I was happy with the restrictions. I didn’t feel bad about it.
Which of the girls did you have a crush on?
Apparently, it was Elizabeth
Did you ask her out?
I did. But we came to a compromise and we became friends.
Why didn’t she say yes?
She was in a relationship.

If, the relationship breaks, would you still want her?
I don’t know yet.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/showpiece/2009/dec/13/showpiece-13-12-2009-001.htm
Re: Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) by honeric01(m): 8:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
uhm. $200,000 is not 23 million naira, it's actually around 30 million- 32million naira. secondly, he also went home with his money pot which was about $2,714 or there about. so he should be like 33 million naira or close to.

Biggest boy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (Reply)

Gulder Ultimate Search 2021 Live Updates (Season 12) / Ultimate Love Reality Show 2020 Thread / Avatar; The Legend Of Korra....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.