Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,023 members, 7,814,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge (3528 Views)

The Means Of Developing Khushoo'(calmness) In Salah / The Issue Of Shortening Salah (salat-ul Qasr) During NYSC Camp / 10 Tips For Concentration In Prayer (salah) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Feanah(f): 8:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
AssalamuAlaikum
A classmate of mine started a challenge which is very interesting and I believe,reforming.So I decided to share it with you.
It's a bit long but this is how much I can summarize it,and it's definitely worth reading and trying out insha Allah. smileyHere are the details -

‘Khushu’ is an Arabic word used to refer to humility or humbleness while offering our daily salah (prayers).
I believe most of us are disappointed in ourselves after noticing how empty and soulless our salah is even during the month of ramadhan when you have no devil to blame. However it's never too late to make a change.
We can never get a better opportunity to work on our khushu' than the month of ramadhan. So before this blessed month ends here's a 3 days challenge for whoever is interested. Titled OPERATION KHUSHU' IN SALAH

So from 27th to 29th of ramadhan judge your Salah by yourself. imagine if it was an exam how much will you score, will your salah get an A, P or maybe an F?
What to do:
1)Be your own judge and score yourself marks by the end of each day (10 marks per salah, 50 marks per day)

2)Monitor your wudhu and how much attention you pay to it

3)Analyze your khusu' in salah

4)Get your planner or a sheet of paper and write the Salahs you are to perform from today till the end of 29th of ramadhan

Remember each salah is a meeting with your Lord and while you can't see Him He sure can see you. Imagine yourself standing in front of Allah and thinking about which cloth to wear or what to cook today. He gave us all that we have but we can't spare few minutes attentively for Him or rather for ourselves because we are the ones in need of reward while He is free of needs.
The point behind this is to help us all improve the quality of our prayer by paying attention to every detail so we can figure out where the problem lies and work towards solving it.
Also I pray and hope that by the time ramadhan ends, we are familiar with the distractions within ourselves and we know how to avoid them so that we focus on fighting the real enemy the devil.

Hopefully by the end of each day you'd have identified a problem and made intentions not to make the same mistake the next day, please feel free to share whatever tip or advice you feel will be beneficial.
(Neemah Elladan)

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2016
is this a contest or what
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by hadjipapiey(m): 1:02pm On Jul 22, 2016
Feanah:
AssalamuAlaikum
A classmate of mine started a challenge which is very interesting and I believe,reforming.So I decided to share it with you.
It's a bit long but this is how much I can summarize it,and it's definitely worth reading and trying out insha Allah. smileyHere are the details -

‘Khushu’ is an Arabic word used to refer to humility or humbleness while offering our daily salah (prayers).
I believe most of us are disappointed in ourselves after noticing how empty and soulless our salah is even during the month of ramadhan when you have no devil to blame. However it's never too late to make a change.
We can never get a better opportunity to work on our khushu' than the month of ramadhan. So before this blessed month ends here's a 3 days challenge for whoever is interested. Titled OPERATION KHUSHU' IN SALAH

So from 27th to 29th of ramadhan judge your Salah by yourself. imagine if it was an exam how much will you score, will your salah get an A, P or maybe an F?
What to do:
1)Be your own judge and score yourself marks by the end of each day (10 marks per salah, 50 marks per day)

2)Monitor your wudhu and how much attention you pay to it

3)Analyze your khusu' in salah

4)Get your planner or a sheet of paper and write the Salahs you are to perform from today till the end of 29th of ramadhan

Remember each salah is a meeting with your Lord and while you can't see Him He sure can see you. Imagine yourself standing in front of Allah and thinking about which cloth to wear or what to cook today. He gave us all that we have but we can't spare few minutes attentively for Him or rather for ourselves because we are the ones in need of reward while He is free of needs.
The point behind this is to help us all improve the quality of our prayer by paying attention to every detail so we can figure out where the problem lies and work towards solving it.
Also I pray and hope that by the time ramadhan ends, we are familiar with the distractions within ourselves and we know how to avoid them so that we focus on fighting the real enemy the devil.

Hopefully by the end of each day you'd have identified a problem and made intentions not to make the same mistake the next day, please feel free to share whatever tip or advice you feel will be beneficial.
(Neemah Elladan)

JazakumuLLAH khairan
Even though ramadhaan is over, it's worth practicing in shaa ALLAH.
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by abdelmaleeq(m): 1:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
U ve a point bro, they are some muslims that round up their sallah nt more than one minute.
Which is very wrong
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by naffgem: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2016
nice one
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by jumzzy448: 1:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nice one. Will definitely put this to practice.

2 Likes

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by 982ABU(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
masha Allah jumma'at mubarak

2 Likes

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by mashnino(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
Would give it a try

1 Like

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Mushy2015: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
Jazakumullah khair

1 Like

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by smileyz16(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2016
hmmmm jazakumu lahu kairan

1 Like

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by hadjipapiey(m): 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2016
MP3BADOOdotCOM:

Contest! What do u mean?
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by zeyney(f): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
masha allah

1 Like

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Donjuan20(m): 6:41am On Jul 23, 2016
Where are the Muslim brothers and sisters on nairalsnd .,if this was a post about an artist or something that won't benefit them you see pages up to 7 pages full of comment ...Allah sees us all
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Feanah(f): 4:46am On Jul 24, 2016
MP3BADOOdotCOM:
no, it's not.It's just you challenging yourself

1 Like

Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Feanah(f): 4:47am On Jul 24, 2016
hadjipapiey:

JazakumuLLAH khairan
Even though ramadhaan is over, it's worth practicing in shaa ALLAH.
Yes, I think it is. Do let us know if you come up with anything important and inspiring pls.
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Feanah(f): 4:49am On Jul 24, 2016
abdelmaleeq:
U ve a point bro, they are some muslims that round up their sallah nt more than one minute.
Which is very wrong
Very true...May Allah guide us more
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by Feanah(f): 4:50am On Jul 24, 2016
mashnino:
Would give it a try
Do let us know if you come up with anything important & inspiring smiley
Re: Khushu In Salah - 3 Days Challenge by hadjipapiey(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Feanah:

Yes, I think it is. Do let us know if you come up with anything important and inspiring pls.

Bi idhniLLAH Ta'alaa
BarokaLLAH feekhum,

Wa JazakumuLLAH khairan!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Merits Of Islam / Intercession Has Categories: / Freedom Or Destruction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.