Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,600 members, 7,820,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? (1183 Views)

How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) / Improved 3G Speed With Your Airtel 2G Data (confirmed) / How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 02, 2016
Source: http://roidify..com

Sometime ago, one of Nigeria's biggest telecommunication provider Airtel released what many people agree to be the craziest data bundle offer. This include unlimited internet access for just N200 for 14 days and N500 for 28 days. The downside of this is that it only works for 2G network. This data can be activated by dialing *⁴8²# and selecting the preferred data offer.

I couldn't believe it and decided to go for a try,(what could possibly go wrong eh?) Anyways, i opted for the N200 option and started surfing. 
Hmm lehme open Twitter, at first i thought it was just the network service. I restarted my phone but it was still the same. So this thing cannot load Twitter, a whole Twitter. Even to load WhatsApp na war. I felt terribly disappointed and decided to write a topic on this issue. Have you tried using the airtel data? What's your say? Please share your opinion through the comment box down below. Thank you.

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by edidos: 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2016
Guy the sub is limited to edge, you have to set your mobile data settings to gsm only then it will begin to work. Thats the sub have been using stop blackmailing airtel.
Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
edidos:
Guy the sub is limited to edge, you have to set your mobile data settings to gsm only then it will begin to work. Thats the sub have been using stop blackmailing airtel.
firstly, i'm not blackmailing airtel, I am only sharing my experience with this data and as you can see I used this same thread to ask other people of their opinion. secondly, sorry I wasnt clear in my explanation. I did not say it isnt working, the issue is the speed its slow.
Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by hilaryitobore(m): 4:46pm On Jul 02, 2016
Just that u can't use it on 3g network and that sucks.

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2016
Uzeinalkali:
firstly, i'm not blackmailing airtel, I am only sharing my experience with this data and as you can see I used this same thread to ask other people of their opinion. secondly, sorry I wasnt clear in my explanation. I did not say it isnt working, the issue is the speed its slow.
guy, the data is relatively okay. Except ur area lacks network, u should be able to browse and twit with it. Thumbs up airtel!

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by beckyomas(f): 5:31pm On Jul 02, 2016
franciskaine:
guy, the data is relatively okay. Except ur area lacks network, u should be able to browse and twit with it. Thumbs up airtel!
Please how can I check data balance on this plan? Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 02, 2016
beckyomas:
Please how can I check data balance on this plan? Thanks.
*140#

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by edemhe: 12:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
Great scam. It deactivated my bb plan and have been unable to use it. 1gig left. I change imei Taya, no luck

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
the plan is extremely slow, I know some peeps will say its 2g and I shouldn't expect it to be fast but sorry, I tried etisalat and mtn on 2g and its twice faster than airtel 2g but their 3g is efficiently fast, so this is not about location. I feel its not just a scam but a big one, my plan ended with 1.5gb due to the speed. My opinion tho

1 Like

Re: Is Airtel's 2G Data Offer A Scam? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 07, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
the plan is extremely slow, I know some peeps will say its 2g and I shouldn't expect it to be fast but sorry, I tried etisalat and mtn on 2g and its twice faster than airtel 2g but their 3g is efficiently fast, so this is not about location. I feel its not just a scam but a big one, my plan ended with 1.5gb due to the speed. My opinion tho
probably your location is receiving poor signals

(1) (Reply)

The New Blackberry DTEK50 Specifications / My 3 Weeks Wit Tecno Camon C9 And I Need A Little Help / 3 Weeks Old Tecno L8 Plus For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.