Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,220 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:45 AM

How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help (8609 Views)

Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel / How I Manage To Use My Airtel 2G Data Pack On 3G (PICS) / How To Opt Out Of MTN Subscriptions That Are Stealing Your Credit Yourself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,
Airtel has done me strong thing and their customer care are not helping matters at all.
They are more or less robots.

I have been trying to opt-out from their tricky one month 2G plan because ever since I subbed, I can't use my normal bb data anymore.
I have dialed *482*5# it kept saying invalid ussd.
I have dialed *482# and select 5, still same thing.
Only their *482*1# and *482*2# sub codes are working. They want people to sub and get locked up.

Please help biko.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by Sugarcious(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
send STOP to 141 or STOP to 482
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by religionisbad(m): 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2016
I still dey enjoy my own awoof data 2g @200. I no wan komot so I no know.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
Sugarcious:
send STOP to 141 or STOP to 482

Thanks but 482 SMS is not going through. And as for 141 I did not get any reply and the useless 2G plan is still there like vandamme.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
religionisbad:
I still dey enjoy my own awoof data 2g @200. I no wan komot so I no know.

I guess you ain't in need of fast internet.
How do you expect someone who used to download at 1mb/sec to cope with 40/30kb-sec?

That's what am experiencing now.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by aszunky: 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2016
I subbed for d airtel but na with vex i take comot am
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by Chuksteric(m): 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
chikkaobi:

How do you expect someone who used to download at 1mb/sec to cope with 40/30-sec?

as in eh my night plan was throttled I was frustrated eh
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2016
aszunky:
I subbed for d airtel but na with vex i take comot am

How did you unsub?
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by ify2nyce(f): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2016
once you subscribe there's no going back..

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2016
ify2nyce:
once you subscribe there's no going back..

I just hope this is not true (at least for a long time)
Otherwise, I will have to buy another sim and dispose it when the 2G thing expires on my main sim.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by LongJohnS: 7:16pm On Jun 12, 2016
chikkaobi:

How do you expect someone who used to download at 1mb/sec to cope with 40/30kb-sec?

Exactly.. My guess is even the so called 2gig is nothing less than a 100Mb since u don't have fast internet speed to know the true value given
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by Youngpo413: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2016
This one na one chance o.... Still sticking with glo then.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by kecee99(m): 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2016
dial *482*5# to opt out.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 8:20pm On Jun 12, 2016
kecee99:
dial *482*5# to opt out.

I don't think you understand.
That code is not functional.
See attached image to get familiar.

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by MARKone(m): 8:44pm On Jun 12, 2016
Airtel is a complete scam. Right from the time they increased their time based plan astronomically, that was when I knew they are con artists, who think that they are smart. In this era of file sharing and heavy downloading, you expect people to drop to 2G, edge undecided for a Trojan 2Gb. I don't get those guys, and Nigerians are applauding them. I blame Adenuga and his Glo. If Glo is largely stable with a wider coverage, who will be looking at Airtel.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by GodwinBash(m): 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2016
MARKone:
Airtel is a complete scam. Right from the time they increased their time based plan astronomically, that was when I knew they are con artists, who think that they are smart. In this era of file sharing and heavy downloading, you expect people to drop to 2G, edge undecided for a Trojan 2Gb. I don't get those guys, and Nigerians are applauding them. I blame Adenuga and his Glo. If Glo is largely stable with a wider coverage, who will be looking at Airtel.
Very serious con artist. Is as if they just want people to waste their money and while it's slow or unusable people end up using little but nothing out of the 2GB while it expires within 7days and one ends ends up using only little out of it.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by kecee99(m): 10:28pm On Jun 12, 2016
chikkaobi:

I don't think you understand.
That code is not functional.
See attached image to get familiar.
lol, I think your sim/phone has virus.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 10:50pm On Jun 12, 2016
kecee99:
lol, I think your sim/phone has virus.

How? were you able to opt-out?
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by wilfred101: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2016
I am regretting why I subscribed to this useless plan..... Since 3days Ive been trying to download a file of 4mb I ve not even downloaded upto 2mb of the file..... Rubbish
I don't even want to talk abt dat of mtn 25 naira for all night browsing cuz its nothing to write home about ....they deceive us easily bcuz we love awuff
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by martinkem(m): 1:04am On Jun 13, 2016
LongJohnS:

Exactly.. My guess is even the so called 2gig is nothing less than a 100Mb since u don't have fast internet speed to know the true value given

I subscribed to the plan on Saturday and I have been able download two files of over 500MB together and a couple of mp3 which download under 2 minutes each.
And I have been tweeting and browsing with it ever since. I agre the plan is quite slow but it's not that useless
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by joey150(m): 1:12am On Jun 13, 2016
MARKone:
why are you making noise?

Dem force you do the plan?!
There are tons of 3g plans..pick one and stop this tantrum like a pained child. I saw it and decided its not for me. Besides its clearly stated that its strictly 2G.

Bloody nigerians will moan about everything.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by seedorfy134(m): 1:28am On Jun 13, 2016
Not only you this gig affect. i just blame myself for subscribing to this trash. Is not deactivated. i need to buy another sim because i can't continue with it
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by aszunky: 4:56am On Jun 13, 2016
chikkaobi:

How did you unsub?
i meant i removed d sim
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by macjireh: 8:49am On Jun 13, 2016
wat abt switching to 3G. won't it work
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 8:54am On Jun 13, 2016
macjireh:
wat abt switching to 3G. won't it work
It doesn't work for BB plan, and even seem to have throttled the normal data plan once active.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by macjireh: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2016
chikkaobi:

It doesn't work for BB plan, and even seem to have throttled the normal data plan once active.

Airtel says it works on all devices including BB. I advise u set ur phone to 2G. DAT should work
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2016
macjireh:

Airtel says it works on all devices including BB. I advise u set ur phone to 2G. DAT should work

You don't seem to understand.
I never knew about the 2G term before I subbed and now I want out.

How do you expect me to cope with 40kbps when I do browse at 1mbps?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by bogtrotter: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2016
chikkaobi:

I just hope this is not true (at least for a long time)
Otherwise, I will have to buy another sim and dispose it when the 2G thing expires on my main sim.

That's exactly what I did. I called several times, texted on whatsapp but they couldn't do a damn thing. I had to go and get another sim and hope in 14days time, it will expire automatically. So in other words, there's no solution as of now.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:43am On Jun 13, 2016
bogtrotter:

That's exactly what I did. I called several times, texted on whatsapp but they couldn't do a damn thing. I had to go and get another sim and hope in 14days time, it will expire automatically. So in other words, there's no solution as of now.

Once u av opted in....no going back bro.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2016
Don't know what u guys are complaining about o,I download up to 400mb every day at night, its no scam. dis is so far the best plan,even better than the weekend plan.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by chikkaobi(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2016
dozmandon:
Don't know what u guys are complaining about o,I download up to 400mb every day at night, its no scam. dis is so far the best plan,even better than the weekend plan.

No one is saying its an outright scam. But its actually a scam on the long run because their 2G isn't cool in most locations.
Maybe you were lucky at your location, but as for me, I don't appreciate any browsing speed below 500kbps.
Imagine you saying 400mb in a whole night, I can't wait that long for such download man.
Re: How Do I Opt-out From Airtel 2G. Please Help by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 13, 2016
chikkaobi:

No one is saying its an outright scam. But its actually a scam on the long run because their 2G isn't cool in most locations.
Maybe you were lucky at your location, but as for me, I don't appreciate any browsing speed below 500kbps.
Imagine you saying 400mb in a whole night, I can't wait that long for such download man.
It can't suit everyone na, as for me I'm comfortable with it. I'm not a heavy downloader n I'm a patient person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Experience Using Tecno, After Using Samsung For 9years. / Between Iphone & Nokia N95 8gig / How To Quit Present Losing Match In Dream League Soccer For Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.