Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. - Art, Graphics & Video (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. (46390 Views)

Tales from the future.... / Diseye Tantua's How A Nigerian Auto Sales Shop Should Look Like Artwork / Meet Man Who Went Through Extreme Surgeries And Tattoos To Look Like The Devil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by ichomi(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ok next
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by donodion(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Putinofrussia:

After receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from Cornell University, Olalekan Jeyifous, a Nigerian-born, Brooklyn-based artist and designer, based his focus on applying various computer software in the creation of art, design and architecture. His project, Shanty Mega Structures, enabled him build an architectural sculpture of Lagos in the future.

Presently home to almost 20 million inhabitants, 57 local governments and the largest varieties of ethnicity and culture in Nigeria, Lagos is the fastest growing city in Africa. With a population density in the metropolitan areas of over 20,000 people per square mile, Africa’s busiest metropolis is a place of great optimism, despite the over-crowding and heavy traffic. Lagos still holds an important role in Nigeria as ‘the centre of excellence!’

Here is what the great city of Lagos could look like in the future, according to Olalekan:

PIX 1:Lagos-02_Idumota-Roadway_1200 The streets of Idumota. Photo credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-03_Falomo-Roundabout_1200 Architectural representation of the very busy Falomo Roundabout. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-05_Makoko-Canal_1200 Makoko canal. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

z01_1250 Commuting on the streets of Lagos. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-04_Aerial_1200 Aerial view of the streets of Lagos. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Author
Olaitan Tomisin
Published
June 29, 2016.

What do you think about this?

Olaiyan

This is very impressive to say the least. Hope you wont mind is this is shared across some SM platforms?.

However, in my candid opinnion, i think those highrise shanties should have been replaced mordern edificies....Ghettos could and do eventually have a facelifts you know...but this is very impressive and i feel someone in the 3D graphics/ animation could use this in a movie production eventually.
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by donodion(m): 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Putinofrussia:

After receiving a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from Cornell University, Olalekan Jeyifous, a Nigerian-born, Brooklyn-based artist and designer, based his focus on applying various computer software in the creation of art, design and architecture. His project, Shanty Mega Structures, enabled him build an architectural sculpture of Lagos in the future.

Presently home to almost 20 million inhabitants, 57 local governments and the largest varieties of ethnicity and culture in Nigeria, Lagos is the fastest growing city in Africa. With a population density in the metropolitan areas of over 20,000 people per square mile, Africa’s busiest metropolis is a place of great optimism, despite the over-crowding and heavy traffic. Lagos still holds an important role in Nigeria as ‘the centre of excellence!’

Here is what the great city of Lagos could look like in the future, according to Olalekan:

PIX 1:Lagos-02_Idumota-Roadway_1200 The streets of Idumota. Photo credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-03_Falomo-Roundabout_1200 Architectural representation of the very busy Falomo Roundabout. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-05_Makoko-Canal_1200 Makoko canal. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

z01_1250 Commuting on the streets of Lagos. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Lagos-04_Aerial_1200 Aerial view of the streets of Lagos. Photo-credit: Shenzhen Biennale of Architecture and Urbanism

Author
Olaitan Tomisin
Published
June 29, 2016.

What do you think about this?

Olaitan

This is very impressive to say the least. Hope you wont mind is this is shared across some SM platforms?.

However, in my candid opinion, i think those highrise shanties should have been replaced mordern edificies....Ghettos could and do eventually have a facelifts you know...but this is very impressive and i feel someone in the 3D graphics/ animation could use this in a movie production eventually.
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by 19naia(m): 1:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
When the projects are tied to budgets and the budgets are tied to corrupt people, of course all kinds of cutting corners will factor into the buildings and infrastructure projects. And thus the simulation has done a very good job at projecting Nigeria's future city scapes. D budget neva fit reach after all d chop chop reduce am, na so d end product wey d money buy look like so.
Behind every failed project in Nigeria is someone driving a car and residing in a house he could not afford through honest work. What is so wrong with living a modest life any way? What is excess wealth if one has to live in a world of fear, dysfunction and chronic mistrust?

1 Like

Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
the graduate who designed this crap is sick in the head , the present Lagos is better than his poor imagination
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by UuzbaGuuzba: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
TheNewIbadan:
lol not even grin
I'd prefer something like this though

E sweet to draw na.
To do this your beautiful design will require bulldozzing every structure in Lagos and then beginning with the fresh plan. I can't see overhead NEPA lines. So they all have to be underground, UK style. That means planning. Lagos right now is not planned.

What the architect drew is very likely what Lagos can look like. Infrastructure on top of jaga-jaga foundation.
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by jones2014: 3:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
@op, nah dont agree, as per falomo, where is the mtn golden plaza?, forte oil filling station + zenith bank?, union plaza?, catholic church of ascension? There are some buildings and structures there that cant be ignored. An upgrade could have been beta, not wiping dem out completely.
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by wisestman(m): 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
BACK TO SENDER angry angry angry
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by piagetskinner(m): 4:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
His predictions don't mean sh1t this can only happen in his dreams

Only God knows the future
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Thobiy(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
Flexherbal:
Yea, it will get to this.
Vision 2020
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by adecares(f): 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
this is exactly what you get from watching too much of foreign cartoon.
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by tayo200(m): 10:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
beautisful
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by playboy19(m): 11:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
The guy must be musiwa's brother
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by otoidea(m): 12:41am On Jul 04, 2016
doubt this guy has been to Lagos recently... How would that be "Falomo Bridge" of the future? shocked

International media will celebrate these kind of images but me a proud lagos city resident totally frowns at it. Its very difficult not to sound rude seeing this but bro you need to put that Cornell Degree to better use. The quality of infrastructure is definitely improving.

Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by ichomi(m): 1:30am On Jul 04, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

E sweet to draw na.
To do this your beautiful design will require bulldozzing every structure in Lagos and then beginning with the fresh plan. I can't see overhead NEPA lines. So they all have to be underground, UK style. That means planning. Lagos right now is not planned.

What the architect drew is very likely what Lagos can look like. Infrastructure on top of jaga-jaga foundation.

i dey tells u bro.... E dey fine for paper
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Koreslee(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Swaggzkid:
Haha...... Not this generation oo.

Lagos that I know? It can't get better that this , except the number of people living in the state is reduced which isn't that possible.

Only if pdp rule lagos abi....
Bad belles..
With d way ambode is working tho something like dis is gonna come to reality
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Djpassion1010(m): 2:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Hehehehehe!!

The reaction above is what i've gat 2do/say
that guy must have taken some weed before the sketching..... Pls pass me ur reserve idiot

Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Quests: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2016
Your works are awesome, we would like you to join us as we launch our creative designers networking site and get more jobs and views for you. Check out the site on www.addilite.com and join for FREE
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Tobzeee(m): 2:36am On Sep 12, 2016
lol...Looks like a Final fantasy setting
Re: What Lagos Of The Future Could Look Like— Pictures. by Werleed(m): 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2019
It must be dreaming

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ponmile Pelumi, OAU Student's Painting Goes Viral / Chadwick Boseman: A Nairalander's Photorealistic Drawing!! / Bamaiyi Art: Why I Painted Tinubu, Peter Obi And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.