Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? (1928 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by igbele(f): 12:04pm On Sep 07, 2009
SALLAM ALAIKUM

My cousin brother is in luv with a lady. He is always so jeloused that sum 1 is taking this girl away from him. He is always suspecting her. This guy is presently running his degree program @ Uni Abj. So he doesnt have money to wed now and he is so jeloused. The lady is a working class lady and she said that for this suspicion to stop, she told the guy that they should wed even if the guy doesnt have money, she will pay her bride price. Is it proper Islamically? Brothers and sisters in Islam,I need your candid answers please.
Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by olabowale(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
Marrriage is a contract betwwn two people; the future spouses; male and female. The woman, if she want to pay her own Mahr, Dowry which you call "Sadaiki" based on your local name for it, can do couple of things;

1). She can reduce th amount to almost nothingness; a naira or even less, or agree on a future IOU with him deferring collection ntil he becomes wealthy, or she can give him the money as a loan or a gift, to pay the DOWRY/Sadaiki as I am guessing the payment may need to be acknowledged by more than the wife, based on your cultural process, from your writing.

Whatever the process, her volunteering to pay it is not unusual, even if it has to be acknoledged by the "male guardian" representing her. I am also assuming that her parents are the "benficiary/ies" of this monies? If they are it, is wrong and unIslamic, since the are really not principal per see in the contract. Parents are neither the wife nor the husband. If the wife wishes to give them the monies as a thank you for rearing me, that is something she can do on her own. The monies is primarily hers, for being a woman, a wife. This type of payment, Dowry is always a token and no one should ask for out of reac amount, even if the husband can afford it, it will set a bad presidence in the community for other future wives to ask future husbands to meet or better it, and Islam is not a rat race or trying to be like the "Jones" nor the marriage is a sale of wife to her husband. It is a token as prescribed by Allah, as part of the essential ingredients of marriage; a guardian, witnesses, a khatib/officiating person, are the others.

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by Lagosboy: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2009
To corroborate what Egbon Olabs has just said , the mahr also doesnt have to be a material thing.

A companion once did not have anything to give his will be wife not even a ring and the prophet (SAW) asked him to recite/teach her some surahs in the quran she doesnt know. So your cousin could memorise some surahs and teach her.

Wallahu a'lam

1 Like

Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by olabowale(m): 7:28pm On Sep 07, 2009
my imam, may Allah rewards you greatly. Salaama, Lagosboy.
Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by igbele(f): 10:53am On Sep 08, 2009
olabowale:

Marrriage is a contract betwwn two people; the future spouses; male and female. The woman, if she want to pay her own Mahr, Dowry which you call "Sadaiki" based on your local name for it, can do couple of things;

1). She can reduce th amount to almost nothingness; a naira or even less, or agree on a future IOU with him deferring collection ntil he becomes wealthy, or she can give him the money as a loan or a gift, to pay the DOWRY/Sadaiki as I am guessing the payment may need to be acknowledged by more than the wife, based on your cultural process, from your writing.

Whatever the process, her volunteering to pay it is not unusual, even if it has to be acknoledged by the "male guardian" representing her. I am also assuming that her parents are the "benficiary/ies" of this monies? If they are it, is wrong and unIslamic, since the are really not principal per see in the contract. Parents are neither the wife nor the husband. If the wife wishes to give them the monies as a thank you for rearing me, that is something she can do on her own. The monies is primarily hers, for being a woman, a wife. This type of payment, Dowry is always a token and no one should ask for out of reac amount, even if the husband can afford it, it will set a bad presidence in the community for other future wives to ask future husbands to meet or better it, and Islam is not a rat race or trying to be like the "Jones" nor the marriage is a sale of wife to her husband. It is a token as prescribed by Allah, as part of the essential ingredients of marriage; a guardian, witnesses, a khatib/officiating person, are the others.
@ Olabowale I alwaya love the way u treat cases. May Allah Reward you aboundantly. I bless the day I met this forum.
Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by fizzybaba(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2009
if the lady is sincere abt hin, she should simply request for non monetary things(surah of the quran, most beneficial) or easily affordable item. it is not a strange practise that bride request for a copy of the quran or a verse to be read as their dowry!

mr olabowale(wishing to know his islamic name has said it all)
Re: Can A Lady Pay Her Sadaiki? by Abuzola(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
Moreover you are not a pagan, it is rampant in india that a woman pay her dowry to the husband. 'Wataguan' says the caribean

(1) (Reply)

A Sticker For Every Muslim / Ramadan Sms Messages For You / POLL - 49% Of Naija Muslims Support Al Qaeda!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.