Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Flames Of Desire - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Flames Of Desire (7311 Views)

Hidden Flames Part One / Hidden Desire By Blair / Departed In Flames-etisalat Flash Fiction Entry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:13am On Jul 03, 2016
Dear reader, this is a love story and very interesting... it may blow your mind away...
I will share half of the book here and you can download the full book from Okadabooks. com or you buy it directly from me...
Happy Reading!
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-1
‘Am so happy for you love’ Amara smiled cheerfully as she fanned the corn that was fast turning brown not able to contain her joy she dropped the fan and hugged Uchenna tightly.
‘Baby you’re overreacting…it’s just the post of Choirmaster and nothing else’ it wasn’t as if he took the post lightly but he wanted more out of life…serving God was no doubt one of his dreams but he needed a job badly.
As a young graduate, this year would make it his third, of being unemployed after studying Banking and Finance and emerging with the award of first class honors. It was just very difficult to find a job in Nigeria…he was comforted his fate would be different considering the fact that he was a first class product. However attending more than twenty job interviews had taught him just one thing: it was all about connections. Job seeking had become a political arena of its own.
How was he ever going to get a job when his poor parents practically tied their belts to send him to the university and with the help of subsequent scholarships he was able to scale through. He had no rich family member to aid him in this quest…for him....his future had no course but still he chose to believe…
Amara his girlfriend had been a good influence on him…if not her encouragement and words of kindness, he would’ve returned to his hometown long time back. But for her, he chose to believe, to see light when surrounded by darkness and breathe when air was extinguished. Simply, Amara was his saving grace…she brought him back to God and made his faith grow stronger in Jesus.
‘I know what you’re thinking about’ she released him and continued studying his features… Uchenna was the love of her life… she just couldn’t help but love such a wonderful man and his heart was beautiful. Their relationship was rare to find… while she encouraged him to keep his struggle alive… he advised her to go back to school after being rejected admission for seven years courtesy of J.A.M.B.
‘Am sorry baby …I promise not to sound like an ingrate… am happy to be the new choirmaster of the Pentecostal Assembly Church’.
‘Now that’s my love’ she smiled and returned to face her corn… her mother was a trader who sold food items in the large Owashi market, Delta. She hated it when Amara lazied around in the house… so she encouraged her daughter to start a business… that idea gave birth to the corn business as Uchenna would call it. She sold mostly in the evenings and he will join her after a long day of teaching in a local Nursery where he was paid Ten thousand Naira monthly.
‘Let me get going… I have to prepare some songs for rehearsals tommorrow’ he rose to leave but not before hugging his angel…
‘I will miss you too dear’ she whispered softly as he made for his ‘face me I face you’ apartment…
He always felt better after spending time with her…there was something special about his love… she was not like any other woman …with the little he had he gave her some cheap gifts which she accepted gladly.
Suddenly he heard the loud screech of tires behind and he turned to see a speeding car with two ladies who laughed loudly …. The driver either did it deliberately or was too self absorbed to notice she’d splashed water all over his only shirt that wasn’t bought from the okrika section.
‘My god are you blind’? he screamed at the car ….to his surprise, she drove backwards…then maybe he overreacted…there were still nice Nigerians.
As the car came nearer he quickly recognized the female faces… they were both his church members but at arm’s length…
‘So because I splashed you water you are screaming at me like you’re mad’ the one who drove spoke mockingly …she was the daughter of one Chief Effiong who was a Deacon and besides her was her friend Niyiola.
He couldn’t believe his ears… who said that after splashing someone that amount of dirty water?
‘But you’ve ruined my shirt’ he spoke gently not wanting to cause a scene…it was his nature to be gentle…
‘And so? How much is this cheap shirt?’ she began looking him over with a mocking glare… Uche felt glued to where he stood… he’d never been this humiliated…
‘Well since you cannot apologise…you didn’t have to insult my person’ he replied…
‘You call that insult? Well here is the insult… I hear from many little birds that you are jobless …have this and get a designers dude’ Eno threw the naira notes at him and drove away with Niyola laughing….
Uche stared down at the paper notes that lay scattered all over the floor… what sort of embarrassment could this be? He decided to resume his walk… God had to act very fast…he needed great restoration from such a life of poverty and lack.
He hadn’t walked far when a guy yelled at him….
‘Bros go back and pick that money…no dey form …I sabi your type… you no say you need am but you dey pretend… well if you no want I don take am’
Uche held himself from breaking down like a woman who lost her husband…. But he wasn’t quick enough… a tear escaped….
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:15am On Jul 03, 2016
FLAMES OF DESIRE BY ROSE AKPABIO-2
‘Common Eno that was seriously cruel as funny as it looked’ Niyiola couldn’t believe her friend could extend her horrid behavior to a brother in church.
Smiling mischievously she immediately increased the speed of the car, Eno loved having fun and being mean just felt so good. She knew very well her friend Ola, as she fondly called her was right but she didn’t regret her actions.
‘Won’t you say something’? Ola asked feeling uncomfortable by her friend’s sudden silence…Eno was very unpredictable and impulsive. They had met in the university and since became very good friends… it was a kind of parasitic relationship as Niyiola had so much to gain from it.
Being the only daughter of Chief Effiong, her very beautiful friend was overly pampered…she had everything she wanted just at the snap of her fingers. Little wonder she was nicknamed ‘princess’ back in their school days…Eno had been one of those girls from a high class family who stepped on toes without remorse. She wore the latest weaves and travelled frequently overseas for her holidays.
Niyiola had easily won her friendship because unlike Eno, she was from a struggling lower middle class family and she had to be serious with her studies. She was one of the very best products of their department, Eno rarely attended lectures… according to her ‘I wasn’t meant for suffering’. From helping her with term papers and other assignments, they became closer as each day passed by and their bond became very strong…they were more like sisters now. But Ola knew her friend wasn’t a favorite of many people including the church members and she had tried talking sense into her all to no avail.
‘Well I have nothing to say… I know he’s the guy from church…’ Eno hadn’t the slightest show of remorse for her actions…she believed herself lucky to be a high born… and if others were in her shoe they’d probably treat her the same. She just didn’t have that penchant for the less privileged as she referred to them.
‘I think you went too far, although you sounded funny at first…but now I have rethink…let’s find him and apologize…he’s the guy the pastor anointed as the new choir director and I believe it’s unfair to treat out church member like that’ Ola explained quietly…she didn’t want another quarrel that usually ensued her attempt to put her friend on the right path..
Eno smirked…her friend was always trying to be the people pleaser, the one everybody liked…the preacher… ‘Sorry madam….what’s that his name again?’
‘Uchenna’
‘Yea…Uchenna or whatever he calls himself…I know very well am not blind…he was anointed in church yesterday… I just don’t like that guy…he feels so confident and smart…don’t you see the way he speaks or ask questions during Sunday school? And it annoys me more because he’s broke’ she just hated broke guys who acted like they were perfect
Ola couldn’t believe her ears… her friend was ridiculous Uchenna overconfident? She was totally saying the opposite…. ‘Am disappointed in you Eno…you and I know that guy is one of the most humble brothers in church’
‘it’s like you have feelings for him, the way you’re defending him o…’ Eno winked…
‘Can you believe that guy asked my father to help him get a job’? she continued…
‘So why didn’t your dad help him…’ Ola was a bit curious…knowing chief Effiong well, he was a very generous man.
‘That was few weeks ago, I saw his curriculum vitae on Dad’s study table…well trust me …I hid it…why should he ask my father for help? I know his type…they love to exploit rich people instead of fighting for their own success’.
Ola was speechless, Eno was really selfish and unbelievable…she couldn’t blame the girl…her mother had spoilt her silly.
‘You are really cruel my friend…am not with you on this one…how could you do that? What if you were in his shoes would you be happy’? Ola had to say a piece of her mind. She’d ignored all of her misgivings since they became friends…she was silent because she knew Eno would help her secure a job and many other benefits. She had gotten her a job in her fiance’s company, actually they both worked there although on different payrolls but it was more than all Ola could ever dream of. However, she had to call her friend to order… she was losing her humanity gradually….
She felt stung as she listened to her friend… Eno couldn’t believe her ears…this girl sitting beside her owed her everything ….her job, her success even her miserable life, and she had the temerity to talk to her insolently.
Angrily, she brought the car to a halt…… ‘Get out’ she was gentle at first… but when Ola didn’t budge she pushed her out of the car roughly.
‘Yeye dy smell’ she cursed as she drove angrily away.
‘My god’ Ola gasped as she regained her composure after being pushed out of the car… Eno had gone too far this time around. But there was nothing she could do…if she chose to retaliate by any action whatsoever, Eno would definitely get her sacked from the company…she was like that…very impulsive.
Standing on the road wasn’t funny as the clouds were gathering…it was going to rain soon and her dear friend had abandoned her…
Just as about to start walking towards the nearest road junction on that street…she spotted him…her boss, and Eno’s fiancé.
She shivered a bit and started walking… Olatemi Bashiru was every woman’s dream, he was very kindhearted and welcoming in contrast to his future wife Eno.
Many times Ola had wondered the attraction that drew the two together… they were a pair of opposites and many times she wished she had a man like Temi. He was just too good…. Yearly, he sponsored many children from the Delta creeks…so they could have a taste of quality education.
She just liked Temi a bit too much, considering the fact he was Eno’s fiancé …she secretly desired him…and his gentle brooding eyes and his wonderful eyes called to her…
She walked faster and prayed he hadn’t spotted her…. But her prayers hadn’t reached the first heaven.
‘Ola’ he called gently and beckoned her to get in….
Temi knew when someone was avoiding him…he wasn’t a child to perceive that…
In the early days of his relationship with Eno….he’d been quite close to Ola but all of a sudden she became cordial and that didn’t sit right with him…
He’d wondered many times if he had offended her in any way, he’d even asked Eno about it but as usual she didn’t care…
Eno was very self centered and was only interested in things that brought her pleasure at the expense of others but he still loved her anyway…
‘Hi’ Ola greeted weakly….she just wished he wasn’t so nearby… she pressed her hands to her skirt and stared down at them…
‘You look funny doing that’ she reminded him of his little daughter, Barbara ‘Bibi’ for short…. The child he had out of wedlock some few years before he met Eno, but he was too scared to tell her about it…he knew for sure…Eno would dump him, if she ever heard about that…
‘ummm…’Ola stuttered not knowing how to respond as she averted his gaze upon her…his eyes were just to seducing…she couldn’t stand them
Temi now had proof something was up…she was behaving weird like he made her uncomfortable…he decided to keep shut…
‘So where are you heading to’? he inquired
‘the salon’ she lied not wanting him driving to her house…if Eno got to hear about that, she was going to be in deep trouble….

2 Likes

Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:16am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-3
‘You don’t look happy’ Amara complained as she stared at him closely…she was a bit worried about his wellbeing cause he’d been in a dark place lately…
She’d come to fetch him for choir practice but his countenance had dried all the words on her lips.
‘Am just fed up’ he began… maybe he should’ve declined his appointment as the choir director… of what use was his service to God?
He had been thoroughly humiliated just because he had no job. He was emasculated by that girl..he’d heard many stories about her and they weren’t positive. Many had termed her proud and ill- mannered but he had never had any personal encounter with her, although he saw her in church frequently. She was a heartless and very cruel woman… he pitied the man that would end up with her.
‘Am sorry Uchenna…’ she apologized not understanding whatever situation had plunged him into that mood …
He was stunned by the way she treated him…just like a baby, she was already apologizing for something she had no idea about…
He couldn’t tell her about it…it was just too embarrassing besides the bible didn’t encourage such…so he made up his mind to keep it to himself and to pray for the repentance of Eno.
‘it’s okay dear….let’s get going before we run late’…
‘one more thing…mum said I should give you this’ she smiled excitedly as she gave him a polythene bag filled with foodstuffs… her mother hadn’t supported their relationship at first but she noticed the little gifts Uche had gotten for her out of the little he had and that softened her heart. He was such a nice person and filled with great potentials …it was just unemployment that held him back….
Uche was speechless as he emptied the contents of the bag… here was a woman that wasn’t related to him in any such way extending her generosity to a young man who hadn’t offered her any assistance before…
The bottle of groundnut oil, bag of crayfish, a big can of tin tomatoes and a bag of garri lay scattered in his one room apartment. He quickly apologized to God for what he’d said earlier.
How did the woman meet him at the point of his need? He had run out of foodstuffs and was prepared to sleep hungry that night. He hated discussing his financial problems with Amara, she also had her schooling to worry about. All what he’d saved was sent to his parents so they could survive for the next two months before they ran out of cash again…. He’d cried silently the previous night after being humiliated ….
He even went as far as regretting his action of leaving the naira notes Eno had thrown at him…maybe that had been God’s answer to his lack…. But another voice quickly reminded him that God didn’t create his children to be beggars. So he quickly wiped his tears and boiled the last tuber of yam he had with palm oil.
‘I don’t know what to say….’ He almost broke down but he held himself… God was too great…Amara’s mother was too kind…. And suddenly when everything looked so dark, when hope deserted him…when his future looked bleak …he still believed everything was going to end soon.
Amara was touched by his show of appreciation…he showed genuine happiness….she felt like hugging him but that was uncalled for as they were alone in the room…
‘Say you love me…’ she teased as she stepped outside…
‘I love you with everything I have’ he called after her… she was his love….his everything…his pillar…his bestfriend. He prayed for God to bless him with a job…he wasn’t going to waste a minute, he would marry her immediately. Amara was too precious to be left to another man who may not even recognize her worth,
‘Hurry love we may run late’….she yelled.
Ola arrived the church auditorium quite early… she had to clear her conscience as it bothered her all night. Although it was Eno that carried out the action…she was also an accomplice as she found it amusing at some point. Her mother had brought her up with the book of Proverbs and she knew when something was out of proportion. Humiliating a person without due cause could attract a mountain of curses which she’d to avoid.
‘Hello there….Sister Bimpe’ she sat beside the young girl who was all smiles immediately Ola approached her.
‘Sister Niyiola welcome… how is everything?’
After all the niceties…Bimpe expressed her surprise at the presence of Ola in the church…
‘I never knew you sing o or do you want to join us’? she was quite curious…
Ola couldn’t help but laugh…she was what white people called tone deaf…she sang off key most of the time. She nodded slowly after regaining her composure….
‘So how’s the new choirmaster’? she inquired….
‘Ah!’Bimpe exclaimed….
‘Brother Uchenna though he’s just new..he’s the best thing this choir needs…but I know him personally…he is very kind and humble… do you know he gave me some money to buy myself a new dress because he’d notice I only wore one to church every Sunday’.
Ola was taken aback…suddenly she felt bad….If Uche who had very little could be that generous then she wasn’t carrying out her Christian duties well…as God had blessed her with a good job.
‘That’s very nice’ ….she picked up her buzzing phone and excused herself as she walked outside to take her call…
She knew Eno very well…although she was cruel and all that…she wasn’t the type to keep malice for a week. But she never apologized for her wrongdoings…she made it her nature not to even talk about them….
‘Ola where are you? I need to see you right now’
Ola rolled her eyes…it was her turn to play rude…. ‘what for’?
Eno was a bit irritated…what was she feeling like right now? She needed her friend to select the dinner gown she would wear for the date she’d with Temi… and Ola was perfect when it came to dressing somebody up…
‘I just need your help…come over to the house’
‘Well I can’t come over…am in church for choir practice’ she rolled her eyes expecting fireballs from the fire princess
‘So you actually have a crush on that broke ass guy….he will just sip you dry …you better come home’ she teased and had a good laugh.
‘actually I came to apologize to him on your behalf’
‘What’s that supposed to mean? Are you stupid or something?’ Eno couldn’t control the anger that welled up inside of her… what was so special about that piece of shit? What did Ola see in Uchenna?
‘Don’t you dare try that…don’t ever apologize for my actions you weakling’!
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:17am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-4
Ola wasn’t surprised…that was typical of Eno to end the call on her whenever she was angry but seriously her friend needed to slow it down…how could wealth cause one to be that haughty?
She quickly sighted Uchenna walking down with one of the church girls…she had seen the girl in church severally but she didn’t know her name…
Coming for this choir rehearsal had shown her how little she knew about her church members and she was ready to change that…
‘Welcome everybody’ Uchenna began as soon as they were all seated…. He was a bit surprised when he saw Niyiola ….the feeling of anger had begun creeping up his spine but he kept himself in check as he hadn’t come to brood in the presence of God but to give him good worship.
‘Brother Mike please help us with the opening prayer’….
They all bowed their heads while Niyiola was busy coining the right words she would use for her apology….
‘Alright… I see we have a new face today…sister Niyiola please stand up and say a few words to us…’ he encouraged as the others applauded…
Ola was completely stunned by his maturity and accommodating nature… this was the guy that she humiliated yesterday and he was acting all friendly like nothing had happened…
She swallowed as she searched for words… ‘Thank you Brother Uche and everybody for welcoming me…God bless the Church and God bless his Choir’. The cheers continued…
Uche nodded satisfactorily and they began the rehearsals….
It was such a glorious harmony of angelic voices… Niyiola wondered if she could actually sing like this…
The rehearsals had eventually come to an end and one by one the choristers dispatched …but she still lingered around as Uchenna and the instrumentalists help put things in order.
She quickly rose to her feet as he made to leave… she didn’t know if this was the right moment because he still walked with the girl he he’d earlier come with…
‘Excuse me Brother Uche’ she smiled not knowing how to begin….
‘I want to speak to you in private’ …
Amara was quite confused… she knew Niyiola very well… she was chief Effiong’s daughter’s friend and they were unnecessarily flamboyant in their dress sense to Sunday services.
‘You can say whatever you want…. Amara here is my fiancée …so you’re free’ he almost swallowed his words….he regretted them immediately….
He hadn’t wanted to tell Amara of his humiliation by Niyiola and Eno…now she would ask him about it… and would be very sad ….but it was too late…
She never saw that one coming….so Brother Uche had a fiancee… Eno would be so shocked… ‘how could such a broke man afford to care for a woman?’ That’s what she’d probably say…
‘Am so sorry for what we did to you yesterday… the truth is we were coming back from a friend’s birthday party and we had too much to drink’ she lied… she wanted him to think of Eno as a good person but with the way he raised his brows… he didn’t believe a word…
‘That explains it…’ he began but paused at the sudden appearance of her car and the way she stormed towards them…
‘Oh my God’ Ola whispered….this girl was bent on embarrassing them all…thankfully most choristers had gone home…
Eno couldn’t believe what Ola had told her… so she’d called one of the band guys who was her father’s gardener to clarify what Ola had said over the phone…
‘How dare you apologize for me’? she yelled angrily as she looked Uche and the bony girl that stood beside him…
Amara was terrified… ‘What’s going on here’ she whispered to Uchenna who was a bit calm like nothing happened …
‘Nothing baby…let’s go home’ he knew Ola was lying about the apology…it sounded so fake but he wasn’t bothered. At least it justified she was a nice lady just unfortunate to have a horrible and arrogant friend.
Ola smiled as she watched Uche walk away ….this was getting interesting… this guy was just filled with wisdom…
She stared at Eno who was a bit shocked …
How could he walk out on her like that? Like she wasn’t talking to him? She felt stupid as she watch him walk away with his pathetic sister or whoever….
Turning to her friend, she gave her a hard slap…. ‘now that’s for the embarrassment you caused me’.
Before Ola could retaliate or recover from the slap…Eno had driven off…
‘no! I can’t take this embarrassment anymore…’ she sobbed as she dialed Temi’s number…
As soon as she realized what she was about doing, she quickly ended the call… what was she going to gain by reporting Eno to him? At best Eno would manipulate him and get her sacked… but for how long was she going to let her friend ride over her?
‘Lord I need your help’ she sobbed as her phone rang showing Temi’s number…
She was confused and afraid….why had she called him? What was she going to say?
‘Hello’ she whispered fearfully…. But immediately he responded… all her tears vanished and were replaced with a big smile… his voice caused her heartbeat to race…
Temi was happy Ola had called him… maybe she was ready to be close to him again like old times… back then, he would take Eno and Ola out and spoil them with gifts but slowly Ola started losing interest anytime he offered to take them out.
‘Hello dear… how are you’? he had never felt this excited in a long time…he was a bit perplexed by his reaction
‘Am sorry I shouldn’t have called ….it was a mistake….i meant to call my boyfriend’
Suddenly all his euphoria melted into tiny bits and flew away….
‘Okay then…goodnight’ he was disappointed…so Ola had a boyfriend? And he didn’t know about it… he felt slightly hurt…
Back then, she was so open to him …and now she kept avoiding him like some plague…
‘What was that about’? Amara asked feeling very hurt…Uchenna had never kept a secret from her before…
Uche avoided her eyes… he was already torn apart by the way she sounded…her voice echoed her pain…
‘Obim when did you start lying to me…’ she asked again as he was silent…
‘Am sorry …I couldn’t tell you…I didn’t want you to feel bad for me…you have to understand’
‘Understand what? Why was that lady shouting at you’?
‘On my way home…she splashed me water and when I complained she threw at me some money and said I should get a job’…
Amara paused as the words sank…how could one be that cruel? Maybe he was right about not telling her… as tears welled up in her eyes…
‘It’s Okay baby don’t cry…God would answer our prayers eventually’ he hugged and comforted her. He found completeness in her embrace.
Then his heart wondered to Eno… she hated him for no reason as he remembered the blazing disdain he saw in her eyes. Had he offended her in anyway?
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:18am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-5
She picked a red dress and quickly wore her make up…she didn’t need anyone’s help to look good afterall she was a belle already…
How could her friend betray her like that? Apologizing to that cretin …who’d walked out on her… the guy was so full of himself…
Satisfied with her appearance, she picked her phone and dialed Temi … she missed her baby…
He was already at the gate and she quickly rushed to meet him. She was going to deal with Uchenna later.
‘Baby you look wonderful’ he kissed her cheeks… Eno was a rare beauty and he was lucky to be with her. He met her at a friend’s party…. She wore a mini black dress that highlighted her extremely light skin… her oval face housed very attractive features. Her eyes were greenish in color and he was quite taken with them….he had been attracted to light skin ladies all his life so he was thrilled when he saw her… he almost taught her a mulatto.
‘can we go now’? she pulled away from him…. Smiling as he squeezed her fingers…Temi was about the only guy that understood her…… only few men could handle her but in Temi’s hands she was like butter and he showed her so much respect and love.
After her graduation, he offered her a job in his company Bibigrow Technologies as a company lawyer which she gladly accepted. Although her father could’ve easily gotten her one with his connections but she chose to work with Temi . She just couldn’t stay without him.
They arrived the Petals in no time ….one of the most expensive restaurants in the city.
‘What would you have darling’? he beckoned to the waiter…
‘ nothing heavy…just a plate of rice with shrimp sauce and honeycomb desserts’
Temi observed her for a moment… she wasn’t particularly happy ….he wondered why…
‘Dear what’s bothering you’? he just couldn’t stand it when she wasn’t herself… he really wanted enjoying the evening…. After the way Ola cut the call on him …he needed someone to lighten him up…
‘It’s Ola ….she’s getting on my nerves…’
He was suddenly interested…he didn’t understand it but he found himself thinking much about Ola these days…
‘What happened’? he squeezed her hands gently…
‘She’s growing wings…after all what I’ve done for her …. I think you should relieve her of her job’
Temi was stunned… why was Eno so selfish? He didn’t care to know what their problem was but surely there were other means to settle their differences amicably.
‘Darling… you know you don’t really mean that… you know Niyiola really needs this job and you’re just angry ….please let me talk to her’…
Eno grimaced… he was right…he was always right and read her like a book… she was just in a bad mood after facing such embarrassment in church. He walked out on her…Chief Effiong’s daughter… she was going to teach him a lesson…
‘Okay …you better do…you better talk to her’.
She didn’t have a problem with her man being close to her friend…they were from the same place and usually spoke their language but she warned her friend from exploiting that to her advantage.....that was the first time she saw Ola cry… but she didn’t care … she was just being careful.
The next day at the office wasn’t fun for Ola…. She’d tried avoiding her boss at all costs but he still insisted on seeing her.
She wasn’t comfortable around him….he made her think things she had no business…many times she had betrayed Eno in her thoughts about Temi…. Deep down she felt her friend didn’t deserve such a kind man but he knew better…he’d chosen her…
Eno had ignored her all day…she’d attempted speaking with her in the office but she just kept taking calls from whoever… she got tired of waiting and left… now she was in front of Temi’s office…
‘Come in’ he mumbled… he’d been expecting her all day… apart from settling the rift between the two friends ….he just wanted to see her… he didn’t quite understand it… but he just wanted to….
She stepped into the office and walked like a feline…. Gingerly taking calculated steps…all this time…his eyes were fixed upon her….
‘Good afternoon sir…I brought the files’…dropping the envelopes on the table but was surprised when he pushed them aside…
‘it’s funny when you call me ‘sir’… I’ve told you to address me by my name or forget it’ ….he was quite amused with the shocked expression on her face….
‘Okay…I have to go now…have plenty work…to do’ she stuttered and pressed her hands on her skirt …not wanting to meet his seducing gaze…
He couldn’t take it anymore…. It was like his sight displeased her… why was she avoiding him?
‘I need to ask you something….’
She nodded and wondered what the inquiry would be about…
Suddenly, the door burst open and a little girl ran in wildly screaming ‘Daddy’…
Beautiful was an understatement …. The child resembled Temi in many ways… but was Temi really the father? Eno hadn’t told her anything concerning that …
‘Bibi darling’ he kissed and welcomed her into his arms…. He was a bit scared…her mother had taken her on vacation but why did she have to bring her to the office? If Eno knew about this, their relationship would be ruined….
Seeing the confusion on Ola’s face, he had no option but to explain…the truth…he just had a feeling he could trust her on this one….
‘I haven’t told Eno yet…please keep it that way… I had Bibi three years before I met her’ he explained while Bibi walked over to the woman in her daddy’s office…
Ola nodded understanding everything as they came to light…. She understood his decision perfectly knowing Eno very well…
She smiled at the little girl who was already throwing a plethora of questions at her…
‘What’s your name’?
She was such a curious girl ‘I am Niyiola…but ‘Ola’ for short’
Temi couldn’t help but laugh at some of his daughter’s questions… Bibi was his joy…she brought happiness and laughter wherever she went…
He stared at Ola… he was quite taken with her dimpled smiles… quite alright, she wasn’t half as pretty as Eno but her aura was peace in itself…
Suddenly she looked up and caught him gazing at her… ‘I think it’s unwise for you to keep this big part of your life from Eno…tell her soon’
Temi swallowed as he thought about her advice…. Of course, he would tell her…and he prayed, as that day drew nearer…
Bibi smiled as she stared at her dad ‘ Dad are you going to marry Aunt Ola’?
Temi squeezed his eyes and laughed…. She was so happy to be with… but as he looked at the object of his recent fantasies, she didn’t share in his laughter… did he do something wrong?
‘I have to go’ Ola had never felt this embarrassed….she felt more foolish at her anger...
‘Ola wait…did I do something wrong’? Temi asked with every ounce of hurt in his voice….
‘No…I have work to do…have a nice day Bibi’ she hugged the sweet girl…
Just then, the door opened again, this time it was Eno.
Ola froze where she stood….she had to do something or Eno would discover Temi’s secret… quickly she smiled at the little girl… and beckoned to her…
‘Let’s go have ice cream Bibi’…
Temi quickly nodded as Bibi stared at him for permission…
Thank God, he breathed as they both left….
‘What was all that about’?
‘You mean the girl? That’s my niece dear…’ as much as he hated lying …he just couldn’t help it… he was waiting for the perfect time.
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:19am On Jul 03, 2016
flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-6
‘So how was your day love’? Amara asked as she stacked the firewood beside the basket of fresh peeled corn…. Her mother had taught her industry at a tender age…and reminded her of its essence. It was very necessary…. Since her father died, she hadn’t gotten much help from her father’s family…since she’d given birth to only one child-a female.
‘My day was fine….’ He responded watching her closely…. Something bothered her and she tried masking it at all cost…
‘Amara what’s going on up there’? he shifted close to her ….and almost hugged her but they were at the roadside…
She couldn’t look at him…how was she going to break the news of her failure for the fourth time?
‘it’s nothing…I will be fine’ she began positioning the corn on the grill….
He wanted to press it but she wanted to be left alone…. He sensed that…he knew that… whatever was bothering her could wait for later…
But he quickly changed his mind…if she’d given up this way on him…. He would never had survived to this point….Amara was his crying shoulder…. His pillar and he would never give up on her no matter what…
Moreover, his previous encounter with the chief’s daughter still affected him… he wondered why she hated him so much? Had he offended her in the past? But he searched his memories and her face wasn’t there…he wasn’t comfortable with the way she treated him ….
He wondered if her behavior had anything to do with the delay of his appointment by the chief… her father… could she have told him to stay off his file? But he didn’t think she was that cruel… maybe she just had attitude issues… he was quite sure off that….
‘have some dear’ she spoke softly as she handed him the roast corn… it wasn’t long before people stopped by….
‘thank you’ he smiled…she treated him like her child and this gave him much joy to be her ‘baby’…
He blinked to be sure of what was coming…. He wasn’t mistaken…the speeding vehicle belonged to Eno….for a moment his heart raced… it’s not as if he was afraid of her but for the sake of Amara… he didn’t need any embarrassment.
She couldn’t believe her eyes…. She’d actually been looking for him…from the info the band guys gave her, he lived along this street actually a ghetto. She grimaced as she looked around the unkempt surroundings….
Well she knew his type and therefore wasn’t surprised… it was just too bad that he walked out on her… and here he was looking so pathetic by the roadside and the dumb girl he’d called ‘baby’… ridiculous she thought…
The guy was just meant for poverty…. She was going to teach him a lesson….
She parked her car and stepped down slowly… the place reeked …
‘What’s she doing here’? Amara whispered as Eno approached …
Uchenna was speechless…. Why was she bent on making his life miserable…what had he done wrong?
‘So this is what you do?’ Eno huffed…. She was going to tell him things he won’t forget in a long while…
‘I don’t understand why you keep bothering me…have I offended you in any way’? he dropped the corn on the floor as his apetite fled
‘You are pathetic….just look at you…you feel you are something eh’?
Now customers lingered at the area… wondering what was going on….Amara couldn’t take it any longer…
‘Uchenna is there something you aren’t telling me’?
‘Who is this scarecrow’? Eno turned to address the corn seller who tied different colors of wrappers.
‘Am not liking this…Eno or whatever you call yourself… I think it’s high time you left us alone…. You can call me what you like but I take exception to my girlfriend’… he wasn’t happy one bit as people had gathered in their numbers… he hated scenes as this…
‘Girlfriend’? Eno scorned…she couldn’t help but threw her head and laughed….
‘I just want to teach you a lesson…’ she began walking closer towards the two…in a swift move she kicked the grill off the hearth and the cobs rolled on the floor…
‘What’s the meaning of this’? Amara screamed and made a go at the arrogant fool but Uche restrained her….
The crowd booed displeasingly but couldn’t say anything to the rich looking young lady…
‘I hope you know your place now…’ she winked and retreated to her car with a glint of satisfaction in her green eyes…..
Now she felt better… who did he think he was?
‘Uche this is all your fault… look at the amount of corn on the floor …are you sure you aren’t hiding anything from me’? Amara sobbed as she picked the corn cobs one after the other… she couldn’t understand why Uche was so calm…why he hadn’t come to her defence…and she’d not gained anything tangible from the corn sales …now everything was lost…
Uche pacified her with his gentle words….
He wasn’t a man that hit women… or encouraged such but a gentle man…he was a Christian and had to act like one…Eno was clearly a spoilt child… she just needed to grow… he had a plan of his own…
To avoid her as much as possible…
Moving closer to Amara … he brought out two paper naira notes ‘Am sorry love… add this and buy more corn…it’s all my fault…’
She was stunned by this action…maybe she’d overreacted…it was just corn and her mother could always help her out… here he was willing to give her from the little he had…
She shook her head slowly and pushed his hands away… even when she was anger he made her smile… they were perfect for each other… ‘I don’t want your money…I want your love’
He giggled knowing her favorite statement… and he usually responded thus…
‘I wish all Nigerian girls were like you’ ….
And they would end up laughing…. They were two of a kind…inseparable…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-7
‘Thanks for what you did today…Bibi can’t stop talking about you’ Temi smiled at the other end…
‘It wasn’t such a big deal as you’re making it …I just had to help out…’ Ola rolled her eyes…apart from saving his relationship with her friend…she didn’t want any embarrassing scene at the office…
She closed her eyes and imagined him kissing her… he was so tall as against her miniature statue which made Eno nickname her ‘Dwarfydot’… her friend could be so cruel even in her jokes… she quickly opened them…
She had to wake up from her daydreams… Temi could never be hers but she genuinely felt something for him… if Eno had the slightest suspicion of her feelings for Temi…one thing was sure… she was definitely going to lose her job among other things…
‘Let’s go on a date’ he bit his lip as the words slipped out… he prayed she didn’t take it wrongly… he couldn’t deny the strong attraction he was feeling for Ola… he loved Eno no doubt but this was something else… something he was willing to explore but forever his heart belonged to his Ibibio mermaid as he fondly teased her.
She paused for a while not knowing what to make of his question… on a date? Well there were many kinds of date so she refused to raise her expectations…
‘What kind of date’? she asked almost slapping herself for such a tongue slip… she sounded so eager… so desperate…
Was she really doing this? Sneaking behind her friend with Temi…but she couldn’t help it…
He chuckled softly…smart one she was… he didn’t know how to say it…but he had to give an excuse for wanting to spend some time with her…
‘it’s a normal date between two people…I just want to appreciate you for having my back’ he knew he sounded naughty… why did he have to say ‘normal’…
‘Okay no problem…. When and where’? she smiled and closed her eyes… once in a while she could lose herself…it’d been long since a guy took her out… she wasn’t even dating currently…
But her conscience kept reminding her of the sacredness of friendship…this date could lead to something bigger…something dirtier… but she suppressed that voice in her head…
‘just this once’ she whispered as she waited for his reply….
‘Shimoz lounge….would pick you by 8…I have to go now…sweet dreams love’
She couldn’t believe her ears… why would he take to such an expensive place…
‘I love him so much’ she screamed ….and almost fainted as Eno walked in then she remembered her kitchen door was unlocked….
‘Who does Ola love’ she huffed… her friend was overly dramatic that’s why she usually got dumped… she’d warned her severally not to be so swayed by guys and their lies… but Ola was just so softhearted…
‘Who’s the new guy’? she continued and wondered why her friend looked as white as sheet…like she saw a ghost…
‘Ummm…nobody’ Ola lied…that was so close…
Eno smiled and rushed to check her phone…. Her friend definitely got herself a new boyfriend…and one thing she hated Ola for was her secretiveness.
Ola struggled with the phone with all her might…if Eno mistakenly viewed her call log she was done for…
How was she to explain the long call between her and Temi?
The phone slipped and it’s glass face shattered on the hard floor…
‘Am so sorry’ Eno sincerely regretted her action…
‘Wow am surprised…that’s the first time you’ve apologized in a long time’ Ola couldn’t believe her ears….
She wasn’t pissed at the broken phone…it was god that had answered her prayers in time…if Eno had gotten hold of the phone…she would’ve had lots of explaining to do…
‘So are you done ignoring me? Princess’?
‘get me something to eat before you run your mouth’ Eno smirked…
‘Am not surprised ….i know deep down you acknowledge the fact I did the right thing by apologizing to Uchenna…so thank me later’…
That sounded so funny… ‘I should thank you’?
‘Well I am just back from his corn roasting shop with his stupid girlfriend…and I dealt with them…finally I put him in his place’ Eno rose as she cat walked…
Ola couldn’t believe her ears…. Eno was losing it completely ‘ and what is Uchenna’s place your highness’?
‘Beneath me’ she responded…
All at once, Ola saw her friend for who she truly was and that killed her conscience…Eno wasn’t ever going to change… she could only imagine what had transpired between her and Uchenna this time around. She silently prayed he wasn’t harmed…since her friend enjoyed hurting people why was she considering her feelings when it came to Temi?
She may as well have him…whatever happened, sooner or later Eno was going to know about it… but for the mean time, she was ready to throw caution not just to the winds alone but the oceans, that was if and only if Temi would ever make a move.
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:21am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-8
The cool evening air made him forget his sorrows, the school he worked with had given him a letter informing him about their plans to delay the payment of two month’s salary. How was he going to survive? His parents and siblings relied on him, but as things were turning out, he’d failed them greatly.
Maybe Eno was right…maybe he was suited for poverty…. He had prayed and fasted and done everything possible to get a job… even his church members had tried and all efforts proved futile.
His only joy was Amara…who was always there to encourage him….he prayed that day never came, where he would be left alone to his suffering… he prayed she never left him for a rich man or a man who was financially viable…there was a limit to a woman’s endurance…he prayed hers never ran out.
She had already arranged the corn on the grill….she wasted no time…seeing her made him forget his pain and all the frustrations of that day…
She smiled as her lover neared …she would always be in love with Uchenna… she remembered their first meeting and smiled again…
He’d come to her mother’s shade at the market to buy some foodstuffs…and he was short of money…she’d quickly deduced what had befallen him…that was the period he moved to Delta newly…and she’d seen him in church the previous Sunday…she just asked him to go and he stood staring at her like she’d lost her mind.
Maybe he was right, she’d lost her mind the first day she set eyes on him in church…she just couldn’t stop gaping at him…
Uche was tall and slender… he kept his beards trim and his features were like that of a model, but his most arresting features were his eyes… very gentle like a dove’s and something kept telling her they were meant to be…
She explained later to her mother about the ‘church member’ who had run short of shopping money…
‘Welcome Dim Oma’ she teased him in Igbo …
‘I can’t hug you…am stained with charcoal’ she continued fanning the cobs …
‘I wasn’t complaining obim’ he bent and held her arms then settled beside her…
‘I bought something for you’ she spoke excitedly …quickly bending she removed a parcel from her bag and handed it over to him….
‘Wow’ he exclaimed as he felt the lavender cotton shirt she’d bought for him…
‘I love you Amara….you’ve done so much for me…am beginning to feel guilty’ and he was serious…she had made many sacrifices just to put a smile on his face…
‘Just say you love me…’ she replied gladdened by his show of appreciation…
‘So daddy when are you taking me to Disney land’? Bibi asked ….like every other child who was very curious about the Disney land she couldn’t help it…
Temi smiled wondering when Bibi would grow out of asking a thousand questions all at once…
‘You know I love you…I can do anything for you…so when am chanced, I would take you to Disney land’
She frowned and scratched her nose… ‘Dad you are lying…if you truly love me…why don’t you allow me to take chocolates anytime mum allows me to visit’
She was right…he didn’t want her developing dental problems at such a young age …he was just being a good father but she was too young to understand this…
‘I love you honey that’s why I won’t let you have them…chocolates would harm your teeth’…
He drove closer to where corn was being sold… ‘ Bibi I see something you would like…and your teeth needs this one’
He didn’t wait for her answer… they’d just returned from the tailor’s place…she wanted her own Barbie dress and he was prepared to give her the best life could offer….
He checked his watch for the umpteenth time….he was going to see her …

Temi was quite surprised at the way these two discussed… they sounded well learned and he was curious…
‘How many will you take’? Amara asked the man who peered at her..
‘Five’
‘okay please wait..let me reheat them’ she resumed her discussion with Uchenna who eyed the man suspiciously…
If he wasn’t careful, one of these days such a man would snatch his Amara from him, judging his appearance and the car he drove…the guy was a millionaire…
‘well it all begins with a huge anount of capital….if one can establish a business which thrives on its own without loans then he can buy and distribute shares…’ Uche explained core business strategy to Amara….
If only he’d the capital or a good source of income…he would’ve ventured into business long time ago but currently he was underemployed.
‘Excuse me’ Temi interrupted… obviously pleased with the discussion…
‘yes’? Amara asked as she fanned the corn cobs hurriedly…
Uche frowned a bit…. This man was wasting too much time here…
‘what did you study at the tertiary level’? only one with such an opportunity could speak with such authority…
Uche was taken aback ‘Banking and finance sir’…
‘Okay…what did you graduate with’? Temi probed further, currently Bibigrow tech. needed someone to occupy a vacancy that was left by a deceased worker: Deputy Accounts Manager.
Although many people had shown up for the interviews but he wasn’t convinced about their capability to handle such a sensitive position…but hearing the wisdom in the voice of the young man…something stirred in him…and he was convinced…at least he could be tested
‘First class Honors’ Uche added hurriedly…he was desperate for a job…
‘Okay…here is my card…call me in a week’s time…if I don’t pick…come over to the company for an interview’ he paid the lady and drove off…
Uche couldn’t believe his luck…was that really happening?
He’d heard of miracles and here he was on the brink of experiencing one…
‘I pray this works out… I would be so happy’ Amara exclaimed…
‘Me too dear…..’
Thankfully Eno had travelled to Lagos with her mother…they had a relative’s wedding to attend that weekend so they had to leave early
‘what am I going to wear’ she threw her hands in frustration…
She’d changed over five gowns…none suited her perfectly…why couldn’t she perfect like Eno?
Whose skin glowed in the darkest nights and lighted a fire in dark caves of man’s heart…whose eyes shone emerald…and her lips were perfected to seduction…
‘just a normal date between two people’ she reminded herself…she was overreacting and she’d done that very frequently
She settled for a blue denim jeans and a silky blouse…she was keeping it real and simple…
‘he’s here’! exclaiming to the mirror…she applied a heavy dose of mascara and ran to the door…
‘Are you set to go’? he asked softly as she struggled with her purse…
‘yes …am fine’
She felt bad as she settled in…he hadn’t even complimented her dress sense….
Just in time…he turned to see her pretty eyes covered by a thick collection of lashes….
‘I love your eyes Ola’…he felt bad as he recalled making a similar statement to Eno whose eyes could ignite an invisible inferno in a man…but Ola’s were just pure and innocent…even the mascara couldn’t change that….
The dinner went on well…they talked, laughed and stared at each other… then he asked her a question…
‘Ola why have you cut me off completely…you’ve been avoiding me’… while waiting for her response he squeezed her palms and was graced with their warmth…
The drink helped her loosen up a bit…she was quite nervous at first and kept looking around in case they saw someone who knew them…
‘I can’t say it’…. But she wished she could…she couldn’t hide anymore….
‘I think I like you’ he spat out…he was really taking his chances with this…
She paused and swallowed… ‘I like you too but this Is wrong and so new for me…I don’t do this’…
‘me too but I can’t help but think about you… let’s have fun…let’s see where this goes first..we could get serious later’…
‘are you asking me to be your mistress’? she teased… of course she understood him… she would play her cards well…there was so much to gain from dating Temi Bashiru …owner of Bibigrow technology.
‘Last I checked ….i wasn’t married’ he lifted his fingers to her and pulled her close….as his mouth covered hers in one swift moment…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:22am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire by Rose Akpabio-9
she smiled as he walked into the bar… she missed her baby so much…Temi was the only person who understood her and they fitted like gloves ….
‘Welcome darling’ she greeted excitedly as she nudged her head forward to receive a kiss…inhaling his masculine fragrance…
‘it wasn’t fun without you…you know that right’? Eno winked as he took their order…
‘I don’t’ Temi smiled as he watched her pretty face…he was awed such a beautiful creature belonged to him…
‘stop being funny… you saying you didn’t miss me’? she raised her brows….
‘I missed you dear… I just wished we could get married sooner’ he complained…. Her parents had insisted they wedded in their church- the Pentecostal Assembly. The problem was that one of the requirements for being wed was a six month attendance of marriage classes. And he was losing his patience gradually …then he thought of Ola….how was he going to get rid of her?
He shrugged… it was all just fun with her and that wouldn’t be a problem…
‘what’s wrong’? Eno felt something different in him… he was deep in thought and lost to the present…
‘Am fine’ he quickly broke away from the tugging thoughts…he would handle everything just fine… Eno was definitely the woman for him…but Ola was something else…he couldn’t find the exact words to describe her …to express the way he felt when he stared into her gentle brown eyes… it wasn’t love…just a mixture of fire and curiousness…
‘So how is mum and the rest…’ he meant her whole family …her brothers inclusive…
She nodded affirmatively….
Slowly time passed being wasted in their whispers and laughs… time never ceased to race when lovers met …
Eno quickly checked her watch… it was already six thirty o’clock…. She’d intended doing some shopping for her mother who’d called earlier to remind her of her body cream and other toiletries.
‘I have to go Temi dear…mom sent me to get her a few things’…she didn’t wanna leave him…she hated being far from him but she had to go…
‘Okay dear…just know I would miss you…you know it’s dark… drive carefully’… he kissed her soft lips…releasing his grip on her …he watched her retreating figure….
‘Hello…Ola meet me at the Petals…’ he closed his eyes against the voice of reason…
She had to go through a shorter route before the supermarket closed…
As she drove to the familiar streets, she noticed it was where she’d splashed him water …she smiled mischievously… she just had to put him in his place…
Guys like Uchenna were filled with con and a high degree of ambition… she had a strong aversion for his kind. A man had to work and struggle to make it…just like her own Temi..
Temi was very industrious… single handedly she raised a company and gave it a name… Bibigrow Technology was one of the most rated in the country and in the continent. She’d followed him around.. standing beside him anytime he was presented with an award…..Temi was just the man for her…. And she loved him very much…he was a very faithful guy who kept to his every word…
And soon they were to be wed…
The car suddenly moved at a slower space and she grimaced… that wasn’t a good sign…she quickly brought it to a halt and looked around her environment…
The road junction was thirty minutes drive…meanwhile where her car parked would be far off from there…
As she realized her dilemma, she quickly brought out her phone…. The place was dark and the only source of electricity was her phone and light from passing vehicles… this wasn’t good… Temi wasn’t responding to his calls…she’d hoped to gain his assistance…definitely her car had exhausted all the available fuel…
‘What’s all this’? she exclaimed…. Her father’s driver wasn’t picking…and Ola’s was switched off….
She couldn’t imagine searching for a filling station as she was far off from the nearest junction….
Suddenly, she heard a movement behind her ….she panicked and made to get into the car but she was too late…

‘catch am’ one of the ruffians growled….
‘Please don’t harm me… I can give you money….anything you want even this car’ Eno begged as the one of the two men dragged her to the nearby bush….
‘Shut up…’ the other spoke as he shone the torch on her face….he grunted as his member erected as blood rushed into it…pleased by what he’d seen…
‘Toroni…take watch …let me handle the babe’ he ordered the other man…
‘Oga remember to wear rubber…this babe resemble runs babe’…
‘Please don’t’ Eno cried as he closed a hand over her mouth
He clamped her body on the dirty ground… he couldn’t be patient enough… so he tore her skirt and parted her legs hurriedly…. And inhaled the gourd that lay between them…forcefully he tore the last shreds of her underwears and dug in excitedly…. Forgetting to close her mouth as her screams ignited him the more….
He walked briskly trying to catch a bus at the next road junction… he had been very busy at school…. He hated staying out late but he had no choice that fateful day…
Trekking helped him save some money he would’ve used in paying to reach the road junction…but he wasn’t in such a hurry…
Many thoughts flooded through his head… he had a feeling Amara was keeping something from him and he was a bit hurt to imagine her hiding things from him…
Again, it was two weeks since his encounter with the C.E.O of Bibigrow Technology… he’d promised to grant him an interview but the number had been switched off throughout…
He inhaled the dusty air and increased his steps…. Sighting the car that lay ahead… he made a mental note to stop by and rest once he got to that point…
‘God grant me favor’ he prayed quietly…as he remembered the way Eno had humiliated him on three different occasions, his heart sank deeply… then he stopped as he heard the sound…
A woman sobbed loudly… his heart raced…one voice told him to pick a motorcycle and hurry home to avoid whatever danger lurked around the place…
The other voice whispered softly about the true nature of a Christian…a person who lived a lifestyle of kindness and love…
Quickly he switched on his torchlight and walked towards the direction of the voice…
He felt indignation rise to his throat and he felt like spitting it on the woman who tore his pride with her fierce tongue…but the second voice still won out…
He saw the fear in her eyes…as she kept on sobbing unaware off his presence… then he walked closer and observed her closely…
Her clothes were unjustly torn and her hair was disheveled… then he saw the rouge liquid as it flowed down her thighs…all his hate for her died…
‘Eno’ he spoke almost in a whisper…he felt pained that someone could hurt a woman like this…
She looked up and her green eyes sparked with surprise… had he organized the men who raped her? She shifted fearfully from him…he must have done it…after the way she humiliated him…
‘Get away from me… you bastard’ she cursed as her bitterness found a new place to flourish…but her heart told her he was innocent… but why would he help her? She had treated him like scum? She was too ashamed he had seen her in such a state… this was worse than death…
‘ I won’t go…please let me take you to the hospital…’ he knelt beside her and wiped her face as fresh tears fell from her beautiful lashes…
She swallowed the urge to yell out her pain… she just nodded and he ran to get a cab…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:23am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-10
He helped her gently into the cab and quickly directed the driver to the nearest hospital…but she quickly touched his arm…
He stared at her fragile frame and wondered the kind of brutality man could unleash on another…
‘I don’t want to go to the hospital…’ she whispered …
‘why’? he asked holding her arm gently…
‘The shame is too much to bear…please take me home or somewhere else’…her eyes blurred again from tears that struggled to run freely…
He understood her…he knew the stigma that hung around women that were assaulted…he would respect her wishes but he would make her see a nurse before taking her home…
‘Would you come to my place…we’ve to get you cleaned up’? he watched her face closely…reading every emotion that crossed it, as her green eyes shone in the dim car light, he saw her beauty for the first time…he was filled with so much pity towards her. He couldn’t imagine his sister or female cousin or worse still his Amara in this predicament….the pain was unbearable…
Eno looked out of the window and felt her life crashing in on her…yet she was still living…how could she be this unlucky? More tears poured …but she bit her lip to prevent her from sobbing… how was she going to explain to Temi that she’d lost her virginity to criminals? He wouldn’t believe a word of it…
The only time they had some friction in their relationship was when She refused giving in to his desires… as rough as she looked…. She had managed to preserve her virginity and had vowed not to give herself to any man save for her husband…who was going to be Temi.. if she told him about the night…he would definitely walk away….this was hers alone to know…her cross to bear…her own dirty dark secret…
‘We’ve arrived’ he announced as he dialed a number …one of his neighbors was a nurse and he was going to need her help…
Her lips trembled as the wind caressed the environment….why had she followed him home? What if he was going to harass her too? Suddenly the realization of her naivety struck her like a rod and she quickly turned towards the departing cab….what had she been thinking? That the man whom she humiliated greatly would be so kind to help her out of her misfortune?
‘Wait’! Uchenna called a bit confused by her action…had he done something wrong?
Turning she saw the alarm in his eyes…. They looked innocent…but she couldn’t trust any man right now…
‘Where are you going’? he held her steadily…
‘Why should I trust you’? she eyed him suspiciously…
He shook his head disappointedly … she sounded ridiculous but he couldn’t blame her…how could a man rescue a woman and hurt her again? That wasn’t his trademark….
He knelt on the dry earth and held her hands…looked deeply into her eyes reassuringly…
‘I swear on my life… am not the type to hurt a woman… I would never hurt you….trust me’…
She swallowed…maybe he was right…all the time she’d humiliated him…he’d never said one mean word to her and she felt like a devil standing right there…
He held her hands and supported her as she limped into his room….
Uchenna watched as she winced in pain…. He wished he could take all the pain away…but first he needed to prepare her for the nurse who was coming…
‘Let me boil some water for your bath…I called a nurse… she’s on her way’ he hurried to the yard…and avoided the gaze of his neighbors…it was unlike him to bring a woman back home at night…a very pretty one at that …
Thankfully, Titi was at his door with her first aid box…
‘Welcome…I’ve boiled the water’ he greeted and she nodded…
Eno quickly wiped her face and sniffled as Uchenna walked back in with the other woman presumably the nurse…she was crying more because of guilt. This was the man whom she had hid his file so he wouldn’t get a job…and here he was being so kind…she didn’t deserve all his kindness…none of it…
‘Good evening’ the nurse greeted ….
‘Uchenna…you need to leave us alone so I could examine and administer some drugs’ she spoke as she unfolded the contents of her first aid box…
Eno quickly shook her head…she wanted him around…she couldn’t trust anybody at that time…he was the only person she could trust…
‘Are you sure about that’? Uche asked already feeling uncomfortable…he didn’t expect her to make such a request…he just had to oblige…
‘Come and help with her clothes…I need her naked’ The nurse ordered…
That was going to be akward… Uche gasped…it’s not like he hadn’t seen a woman’s nudity before but this was Eno…he shrugged and helped her out of the torn clothes…then quickly turned his back towards her…
‘You are funny’ she smiled for the first time that evening….was he also a virgin like her? Wondering about his girlfriend…
The nurse quickly dipped a cotton wool in a peroxide solution and wiped the blood of her laps and groin regions….then she slipped a yellow capsule into her Vulva…causing her to wince in pain…
‘Take this twice everyday for a week….make sure you go to the hospital and get tested’ the nurse advised….
the nurse parted her legs and stared closely to ensure everything was alright…luckily all the organs were unharmed except for the broken hymen…
‘Am going to ask you some questions… be honest with me’? the nurse advised…
Eno nodded quickly as she absorbed the seething pain in her abdomen…
‘How many were they’?
Uche closed his eyes….was it right for him to stay in the room and hear all of this?
Eno wiped the tear that rolled down her cheek… ‘One… the other was keeping watch’ she began sobbing afresh …
‘Am sorry Eno…but you’ve to be strong…you need to see a medical practioner for counsel…please’ the nurse urged her on…
‘Did he use any protection’? she continued….
‘Yes he did….’ Eno replied and began shaking all over as her tears fell uncontrollably….
Uche couldn’t hold it anymore… he couldn’t bear to see her cry…he turned without notice…fetched his wrapper and covered her with it…
‘it’s okay dear…please don’t cry…am with you…it’s not the end of the world….’
He fetched some money from his pocket and thanked Titi for helping out…
‘Make sure she takes a warm bath with some antiseptic …goodnight’…
He prepared her bathwater and led her to the bathroom minutes later… he hoped she could manage such a low grade bathroom…
‘Please just manage that….i know it’s far from what you are used to’….
She smiled again… and her smiled warmed his insides…. ‘you’ve done more than enough for me Uchenna…considering how I’ve treated you’
He waited patiently for her ….luckily Amara had dropped one of her dresses in his house, so Eno had what to wear back home…
‘Thank you for everything Uchenna’ she hugged him before slipping into the taxi…he gave her some money as fare….the last he had on him…but it was worth it..
Everything was worth it……
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:26am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-11
They lay aside each other after their passionate love making…. He sighed satisfactorily and held her hair…he was right to be curious about her…she matched his pace and her apetite was just as enormous as his…
He smiled secretly…a bit surprised such a small sized woman could contain such degree of passion…. Then his heart winced a bit…he’d just betrayed Eno….now was the aftermath and he had to be careful…
‘what is it’? Ola asked as she saw the creases on his forehead…. Was he angry with her? Had he changed his mind about her all of a sudden?
‘Nothing dear…’ he kissed her hair softly and she smiled… she couldn’t believe her luck to be in his arms…though their relationship wasn’t particularly defined, she was just blessed to share his bed. Temi was not just a nice and kind hearted man, he was wild in bed…like a drugged stallion….he was an enigma… wild and gentle at the same time….
He would chew her chest buds roughly and the next minute kiss her lips softly…he was an excellent lover and for once she envied her friend….
He pulled out of her arms and lifted his phone… then he saw the calls and his heart sank…his very first betrayal… but it was a sweet betrayal…
Such he wasn’t going to deny that Ola was the first woman to please him that way… He’d pleaded with Eno severally but she wouldn’t give in to his ‘inordinate’ desires as she called them… she preferred waiting till marriage. Well he believed she was a virgin and he respected that but how could he tame himself for such a long time? He loved her so much and was ready to do anything to make her happy….but he was just a man and men were imperfect.
‘Eno called….i have to return it’ he whispered to Ola who simply nodded and left for the bathroom…
Whatever happened to her phone? It was unlike her not to pick her calls… he dropped the phone out of frustration….
Picking it again, he began scrolling down the screen in search for her other numbers then he spotted a strange name ‘Uchenna’….slowly the memories of the young man he had promised to employ came running back…
He was a man of his word and he kept to all his promises except for this one betrayal…
He silenced the nagging guilt and checked his watch…it wasn’t too late to speak to the man… he would interview him personally to be sure he’s worth the hassle.
The phone rang twice and there wasn’t any response…
Well he’d tried his best… he wondered why Eno hadn’t picked his calls…was she angry he hadn’t picked hers? She was capable of many things…but he loved her still and no man was going to take her away from him.
‘So have you decided about me’ he felt her lips bite his ear and blood rushed to his lower abdomen…. He liked it…she was wild and so was he…and he made his decision…
‘be my mistress’ he groaned the words painfully immersed in a new wave of passion….
She pulled back and bit her lip…. A bit disappointed he hadn’t wanted more…. But he was right…this was temporary… besides she didn’t want getting into trouble with Eno…
‘So you really love her don’t you’? she pushed further…not quite understanding how he made love to her minutes ago…like she was the only woman in the world and now he only chose her as his mistress…
He covered her mouth with his kiss not wanting to answer her questions…Eno owned his heart and maybe she owned his body… but he knew who was Queen of his life…Enoabasi Effiong.
She thanked the cab driver and rushed into the house…. Her mother couldn’t see her this way…she would suspect something immediately…
And she had resolved in her heart not to let anybody in on her secret…. Nobody had to know about her plight…. She was Eno….she didn’t want their pity…
‘Baby I’ve been waiting all this while’ her mother’s voice glued her shaky feet… now she had to face the woman…
She quickly wiped her hands over her face feigning exhaustion praying inwardly that her reddened and swollen eyelids had returned to normalcy.
‘Mum my car broke down…Temi just dropped me off’ she lied… her mother couldn’t see her this way…
‘Oh my poor baby…go and take a bath and come to dinner’
Eno nodded and ran upstairs….
Suddenly she felt like an alien in her own house…a stranger in her own face as she stared at the mirror…
Forcing her eyes shut as the images flooded her eyes… she saw herself on the floor again and the gruesome man on top her….
He tore her clothes away and pressed her back firmly to the ground…. She was helpless… she screamed but the night and the forest ate the screams… and the dirt drank her tears…
Then she saw him…. She saw him again… his brooding eyes filled with love and kindness found her helpless green orbs…
He quickly rushed to save her from her captor…but another man came from the bush and hit him hard with a club….
‘Uchenna!!!!!’ she screamed….and her eyes jolted open….
Why did she dream about him? Then she found herself standing by the mirror….it wasn’t a dream…was she hallucinating?
She shuddered at the thought of going crazy…
‘Enoabasi open this door’ her mother pounced the door fearfully… she was sure her screams had been very loud…
‘Uchenna…..’ she whispered again as she felt her heart race….
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:27am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-12
Uche dressed hurriedly… he had to take his chance as he’d seen the call from Mr Olatemi Bashiru…. The man who’d offered to give him a job if his interview was convincing
He wasn’t going to school just yet… he’d another chance and he was going to try his luck…
‘Lord help me’ he whispered as he slipped on his favorite shirt… although it wasn’t first grade…it just looked perfect on his light skin…
He paused as he stared at the grey material, this was the same shirt he wore that day… the day he was greatly humiliated by Eno and her friend…she hadn’t made any effort to apologize after splashing dirty water on his shirt… but here he was caring for her…
He shook his head sadly… although she’d humiliated him severally…what had befallen anyone was more degrading than any other action. He hissed as it hit him, suddenly realizing he didn’t have her number…he would’ve checked up on her…but a voice told him he’d done enough….
He knew what it meant to be raped…and by a complete stranger…hoodlums for that matter….he was never going to divulge that secret to any one …even his Amara. He wasn’t going to betray Eno like that…
Checking himself one more time in his medium sized mirror…he grinned to be sure no stains were on his teeth…he needed to look his best.
Finding the company wasn’t a difficult task… thankfully he was able to withdraw some money from the bank…that was his last hope…
He used his ‘last hope’ as fare for an interview he wasn’t certain about… he prayed many times for God to smile upon his destiny…
‘Welcome Sir’ the receptionist smiled warmly as he approached her….
‘Thank you…please I have an appointment with Mr Bashiru…’ he trailed off as the lady opened a file…
this was going to be more difficult he thought….he quickly took in his surroundings…. Bibigrow technologies was magnificent on the inside and the outside….if he was lucky to get the job….many things would change in his life and Amara’s…
his thoughts were focused on his darling, he would definitely send her to the best university the country had…she deserved more…more love and loyalty for her undoubted sacrifice for him…
countless times Amara had lent him money to sort out his family issues….her mother had even gone as far as giving him foodstuffs…he would change both of their lives if things got better with him.
He’d decided expressly to keep this interview away from Amara…although she knew about the job offer, he didn’t want her getting worried unnecessarily.
Lara eyed the man before her greedily….. he was so handsome, just the kind of man she always wanted for herself. One of such men was Mr Temi….but he was dating that arrogant fool, Enoabasi Effiong……she’d stolen Temi from her arms….
What Eno didn’t understand was that Temi and herself had been having an affair before he broke up with her and later found Eno. But she saw the futility in fighting for Temi…even a blind man could perceive his love for Eno from a distance, so she’d given up on him.
Sadly the man’s name wasn’t written for any fixed appointment and he was going to be terribly disappointed if she turned him away… she would help him…she coughed and he looked up at once. His eyes were so gentle and held a kind of innocence she couldn’t fathom…he was such an angel…tall and light skinned ….and his beards were so epic…she was gradually melting inside…
‘What’s your name’? she cleared her throat in a bid to control her lousy thoughts…
‘Uchenna Joseph Nwachukwu’
‘Why do you want to see the boss…because your name is not on the list’?
Uche showed her Temi’s complimentary card and quickly explained everything…
‘hmmm’ she fingered the card…so this one was a job seeker eh? She loved ready made guys but there was just something about Mr Uchenna….
‘Okay I would help you…my name is Lara’ she flashed him a smile and he returned it, showing two deep dimples that confused the receptionist more.
Uche swallowed not knowing how to respond…he didn’t expect people in here to be so nice and friendly…
‘He said you can come over to his office…go to level 5 and turn left after the main entrance…ask for directions to The C.E.O’s office’ she instructed calmly as she placed the telephone on her counter.
‘Thank you’ he smiled and walked a way feeling a bit nervous….
With proper arrangements her car had been picked from the roadside but she couldn’t use it…it triggered memories she tried to bury…
That morning she’d used the portable Kia to work…
‘Are you coming from the hospital’? Ola asked curiously as she studied the green card that lay in her friend’s purse….
‘Give me that’ Eno quickly grabbed both card and purse out of her hand…
Ola was a bit startled…her friend hadn’t been herself since morning….she was quiet and had this sad look in her eyes….something was definitely wrong…
‘Don’t ever go through my things without permission’ she continued…. She sighed as she thanked God for the positive outcomes of the tests….
The Doctor had examined her carefully and every organ was in its proper place and function … and she was free from any sexually transmitted infections…
But she needed something more….she needed healing…someone to talk to …suddenly she felt alone…would Temi ever understand she was raped? Would he believe her? There was no one she could tell even Ola her friend…he was the only one that knew….and that was fine.
‘Babes you really have to chill, all this your gra-gra don dey too mush o’ Ola blurted out a bit pissed…
But to her surprise Eno wasn’t responding…she could see the depression in those eyes…something was definitely going wrong with her friend….then she felt guilty…did Eno know about her and Temi? That could explain her sadness…
‘Enoabasi am sorry if I’ve hurt you in anyway….but please tell me the truth…what’s going on with you?’
That was exactly why she chose to keep it a secret….Ola was already pitying her…
‘Am fine….i just had a bad dream’ a bad dream where Uchenna died…her heart raced anytime she thought about him…. She didn’t know much about him…she had to find a way to get his number and thank him properly. He was such a nice person and she was curious to find out more….where was he from? What made him happy? She was even going to get him a job….he would be so happy…
She just needed him around her….and she didn’t understand why…
‘Goodmorning Sir’ Uche greeted as he walked in feeling nervous all over…
Temi looked up and smiled as the young man walked in…. he looked quite different from the way he saw him the last time…
‘Welcome Mr Uchenna…I called you yesterday but you weren’t picking’….
‘Am sorry about that sir…I must have fallen asleep’…
‘Okay let’s get to business…just answer me precisley’…
‘What would you do to save a company that is folding up’?
Uche closed his eyes and opened them again….that was tactical…
‘Ummm…thank you for the question sir, before you find a solution to a problem…we need to find the cause…and companies fold up because of different factors but the most prevalent is lack of adequate and stable capital to produce and pay the workers’…he trailed off as Temi raised his hand signaling an end to his explanation….
Temi was indeed impressed by the young man’s reasoning…if he put all that into good use, practically, Bibigrow Technologies would improve for the better…
‘You have the job’ he smiled at the young man….Uchenna was six years younger than him and reminded him greatly of his young self …the exact age he’d started building his own empire. At 28, he had broken away from his family business to start his own now at 34, he was named Africa’s youngest entrepreneur….
Uche was awestruck ….he waited for the words to absorb slowly before rising to his feet to receive Temi’s stretched hand…
‘Thank you sir…God bless you very much’…
‘You’re welcome….resume tomorrow and Lara …that’s the receptionist would direct you to the Legal department were you will be registered properly’…
Uche nodded as he quickly swept the file containing his Curriculum Vitae off the desk…he was overjoyed….
‘Thank you sir’ he almost cried as tears welled up his eyes…all his years of struggling were finally over…his days of sleeping hungry…were over…
Temi was moved by the young man’s show of gratitude… this job must have meant so much to him…
Well that was one of the reasons he built his own company…he wanted helping people…putting smiles on their faces and he’d succeeded.
He quickly checked his phone…expecting her calls but she hadn’t returned his’…
‘Eno…’ he groaned…
‘I miss you baby’.
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-13
‘Hello ladies’ Lara called sweetly as her enemies strolled in majestically…She had great dislike for Eno. She was so pompous and self centered…insulting to those who handled the brown collar jobs of Bibigrow Tech. everybody knew her. Ola was totally different but Lara never trusted her one bit…so much lies and deceit lay in her big brown eyes and she wasn’t going to be surprised if Ola eventually snatched Temi from Eno.
She was a quick observer…she’d seen the way Ola looked at Temi…but that wasn’t her business… all she could think of was how to win the latest employee over.
‘Hi Lara’ Ola greeted while Eno walked away ignoring her completely… that receptionist was no good…uknown to her, Temi had disclosed the affair they had together before he met Eno…and her intention was to milk him dry. She avoided Lara completely because given the chance, she would steal back Temi without flinching.
Temi’s confession about his affair with Lara made Eno trust him more. It was rare if not very difficult for a man to disclose his past lovers.
Lara frowned as she watched the arrogant fool walk away…she was just so full of herself. Riveting back to her fashion magazine, she quickly ordered for their latest collection…a v neck …very deep cut bust line gown….she was going to sway Uchenna with it.
‘Am going over to Temi’s ….see you later’ Eno waved her friend off…
Feeling a little nervous, she pushed the door open and stepped into the office holding her breath…
He smiled as he watched his angel approach him….she was so beautiful even when she didn’t make much effort to be…
‘Good morning’ she greeted….avoiding his penetrating gaze…she had to act well or he’d suspect something was wrong with her…
Sensing her unease he quickly got off the phone …she looked different like something was bothering her…
‘Are you okay?’ he searched her green eyes and wondered why her skin was so pale…
She nodded and looked down on her palms…forcefully holding down the tears that struggled to run free…
She felt worthless….objectified…she wished she could talk to someone….she wished all this pain could go away… but it grew bigger by the minute and she hated herself the more…
‘Am fine…just sick’…
‘So why did you come to work’? he asked gently but she could feel the anger in his voice…he was so caring but could she trust him enough?
‘Am sorry….i just had a lot of work to do and the deadline for submission is tommorow’…
He shook his head unbelievably ‘well you disappoint me Angel….it’s my company…and yours too…please don’t overstress yourself…am taking you home when am done’
She was about protesting when he placed a kiss on her forehead and looked deeply into her eyes….
‘I love you’ he whispered…
She hugged him expecting warmth but met emptiness…. ‘I love you too’ she replied weakly…
Her mind was fixed on Uche and she had to see him…she had to appreciate his efforts…she would ask her father to employ him.
He didn’t waste no time in sending in his resignation letter to the school authority…God was faithful…he couldn’t believe his luck….
Taking long strides…he hurried to Amara’s house…he couldn’t wait to share the good news with her….
Their lives were going to change for the better….it was like in the movies…the time for tragedy had elapsed…comedy was born for good…and it had to stay to complete his ‘happily ever after’.
He greeted the neighbors and quickly ran to her apartment…it was similar to his… but more hygienic…soon he would relocate to some place better…
‘Good afternoon dear…you’re back early….is everything alright’? Amara asked surprised to see Uche at that time of the day…
‘God has answered our prayers’ was all he could say…he was filled with joy…
‘I don’t understand…come in…mama’s around’ she informed as she closed the door firmly…
‘I have a job….remember Mr Bashiru …that gave me his complimentary card’ he explained in a rush…
‘it’s unbelievable…thank you Jesus’ she hugged him tightly….he responded and kissed her softly…
The light footsteps brought them back to reality…with Amara jumping off and Uche feeling a bit confused, then he saw her mother and greeted her politely wondering why the woman was all smiles….
‘I heard you two shouting from inside…’ she pulled him close to her for a hug which he gladly accepted. She was just like his own mother… she took care of him like her own son…
‘Yes Mommy….God has finally given me the best’
‘You see why I urge you young people to keep trusting in God…just like your wife here…who has failed her J.A.M.B..y….yet another time and she keeps being hard on herself…I know just like you…she will scale through one day….’
Amara gritted her teeth where she stood….her mother had given her away and she felt embarrassed….
‘Amara is that what you were hiding from me’? he asked surprisingly…
She avoided his eyes and nodded absently….
‘well that wouldn’t be much trouble now God has blessed us…you can go to a private institution…’
She almost jumped in excitement but her mother’s stern eyes kept her in check….
‘My son, may God bless the work of your hands’
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-14
she twirled and tossed on her bed not knowing what else to do as the insomnia dragged her along…
She just felt empty and alone for no reason and the dreams kept coming back…feeling so terrified …she quickly switched on the light and began flipping through her phone….she really needed somebody to lean on…
Then it hit her…Ola must have Uchenna’s contact …as she recalled the day of the choir practice…
His forgiving heart baffled her the more…she had been so proud and mean towards him and people in general…going as far as hiding his curriculum vitae from her father and he’d help her like he would his own sister….
‘Have mercy on me’ she prayed…maybe she was being punished for her arrogance and hate towards innocent people…
she had to amend her ways…Uche had shown her genuine love and care by his kindness…he was truly a Christian and she was sure to repay him back…
Slowly sleep embraced her and she welcomed her…
Her breath increased and met her rising heartbeat… she was lost again in the forest and it was covered with darkness…
She called for help but none helped her… he was coming after her…the man who wanted hurting her….
She quickly spotted a tree brought to view by the dim moon…resting behind it…she heaved a sigh of relief….. then she felt a hand encircle her from behind…all her reflexes kicked up and she stood like a figure…
Then his voice calmed her again…he was gradually becoming her drug… her budding addiction…
‘Am here with you…don’t be afraid’…
But it wasn’t Temi’s voice… this voice was different….calm and kind…
‘Uchenna…’ she whispered
The loud cry of the alarm clock caused her to shake violently….
‘Uchenna’ she cried as she forced her eyes open….sweat broke on her forehead and she got up to get some water….
Why did she feel this way?
‘it’s because he helped me’ she spoke to herself reassuringly ….convincing her mind it was nothing more…. But deep down she admired his caring attitude…
She just had to see him soon…..
‘Welcome Mr Uchenna’ Lara greeted excitedly as he walked in….earlier than most workers…this guy was seriously in need of the job obviously…
She handed him some documents and gave him directions ….
‘first you have to see the chief Legal officer…when you’re done, she’ll direct you to other places…please take good care of yourself’ Lara smiled sweetly….
Uche returned the smile and placed his eyes on her hair…he couldn’t stare at her breast she’d shamelessly exposed…. He just knew he had to avoid that one to have a successful career .
He waited gently for the Legal officer to arrive…
While waiting his mind wandered off to Eno….he’d planned to see her the previous day but he was too excited about his job to think about other things…
He hoped she was alright…he would find time to check up on her…
The loud footsteps from behind distracted him….such loud shoes weren’t to be worn in formal settings…at least that’s what he thought….
Eno paused in her steps as she walked closer to the man who sat close to her office…
‘Uchenna’? she held her breath as excitement crept up her spine but she kept it in its place…
He quickly turned and rose to his feet…. ‘What are you doing here….are you okay’? he was shocked to see her here but he was happy… he’d been looking for a way to find out how she fared…
‘I should be asking you that….i work here’ she smiled….
‘wow….’ He breathed….this was getting interesting….
‘I just got employed here and am waiting for the chief legal officer to clear some things’ he stared at his wrist watch and wondered how long it would take her to come to work….
Interesting…..she mused…. ‘well here I am’…
He couldn’t believe it….such a coincidence… ‘Welcome madam’ he bowed his head…
She opened the office and laughed at his ridiculousness….
He was happy she smiled ….earlier as she walked in …she wasn’t looking particularly bright…he understood what he was going through and he wished he could help…
‘Sign here’ she guided as she gave him certain instructions….
They hadn’t spent up to a minute when Lara briskly walked in with her obscene dress leaving Eno wide eyed…this girl never ceased to amaze her…. Dating around the company and getting dropped after each man may have had his fair share….she wondered who was next on her list….
‘Can I help you’? Eno barked …she hated it when people entered her office without permission…
‘The door was wide open’ Lara addressed her …
She was about spitting some venomous words but his eyes….there was just something about them…calm like a river upon steady rocks flowing in endless bliss…. She quickly looked away and bit her tongue…she would tolerate Lara just for that day…just because off Uchenna…she was going to act nice…
‘What is it’? she asked gruffly
Lara quickly smiled and winked at Uchenna who returned her smile feeling more confused…was Lara hitting on him? He wasn’t quite sure but he could easily spot the signs of a woman who was in dire need of a man…
‘The boss sent me to give you this’ then she eyed Uche once more and stormed out….
‘Am sorry about the way I sounded….Lara is just difficult to handle so I have to let her know her rightful place’….
Uche stared into her green eyes not knowing how to respond…so he simply smiled….
‘what do we have here’? she mused as she flipped through the files….she couldn’t believe this…how did Uche get to such a position? Assistant financial manager….
Then she saw something else…he graduated with a first class honors degree award…she quickly felt foolish…she had imagined him to be a failure of some sort and a gold digger…but here was a man who worked hard and was deserving of his new job…
‘Uche this is really wonderful…you are a first class product’ she sounded excited…
‘It was God’s grace that saw me through…and his grace caused me to get this job’ he replied happily as her green eyes danced….
She was really beautiful, he noticed…. Her eyes were very green and he was tempted to ask if she was a half cast but held himself… they hadn’t gotten to that level of interaction and he wasn’t going to push it…they were from two distinct backgrounds…
‘what is it’? she asked…wondering why he stared at her that way… she suddenly felt shy and felt heat run up her neck and chin…
‘nothing’…..
‘okay….you have a new car….an official car and a house at the Bibigrow estate prepared for you…so sign here and get the keys from the works department’…
She stared quietly at Uchenna as he signed the papers… there were many things she didn’t know about him…she had misjudged him like she did many people…Uche wasn’t a gold digger…he was a kind man and she wondered how she was going to repay his kindness now he had a job….
She desperately wished she could get close to him…but she was scared …had he really forgiven her? Or was he pretending just because of what had befallen her?
She felt the tears sting her eyes as the images came again…. This time the man tied her to a tree and tore her clothes….and began digging…
It was painful….she couldn’t fathom this kind of hurt….she begged him to stop but he refused….she began sobbing quietly….
Uche quickly looked up and was shocked….why was she crying? His heart sank…
‘Eno….’ He shook her gently and the images fled away….realizing what had happened she quickly wiped her face and sniffled….nobody could see her this way…she hated pity…and she wouldn’t be an object of pity…
He held her hands and all the coldness fled from her… ‘Am sorry …please do not cry… am here for you’ Uche pacified her…
She nodded and stared back at him…. ‘Please don’t tell anybody…I beg you’
‘I swear on my life ….please don’t cry’…
He smiled as she hugged him reflexively …and it felt good, like no other …
‘So when are you packing into your new house’? she broke away from him and smiled…
‘Today…’…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:30am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-15
He recounted his first day as the assistant financial manager to Amara… who was so lost in his beautiful eyes… she couldn’t believe her luck, finally God had answered her prayers and she knew for sure her life would never remain the same…
‘I called the Pastor and explained why I cannot continue as the choir master because my Job clashed with time for rehearsals…I expected him to be pissed off but he was very excited at the news’….
‘It’s still like a dream’ she just couldn’t understand ….
He smiled and held her hands … ‘baby you better believe it…the car is outside…we should start packing’…
‘Packing you say’? She rolled her eyes….in her opinion everything should be abandoned… this was his past life…he had to forge ahead…
‘just get your credentials….everything else can be replaced at your new place’
He laughed softly at her idea…women never ceased to amaze him… he wasn’t going to listen to her…at least his mattress was worth something….
One by one she folded his worn out clothes into a box…. While he arranged his documents…
But something was missing…she had to search all over again… where was the dress? Uche had presented it to her on their first date and it meant the world to her….
‘what are you looking for’? he searched her eyes….
‘my blue dress… I can’t find it’….she responded and kept searching….
Damn! ….how was he going to explain that? He’d given Eno the dress to wear home on the night she was attacked….
He couldn’t lie to his angel… he hated lies…
Just as he was about to join her in the search…. A female voice called him outside the door as she knocked loudly…. He froze….what was she doing here? Amara had stopped packing by now and face him hands akimbo….maybe she was overreacting or maybe he didn’t know the worth of that shirt…
He walked towards the door and met her emerald eyes….they sparkled like a sea of diamonds…she wore a blue denim jean and a black top which accentuated her curves… he quickly pushed such vile thoughts out of his mind… but he couldn’t help but notice she was enchanting….but what was she doing here?
‘Hi Uche’ she greeted…as her boldness dropped…what had she been thinking by coming over to his place? She was just lonely and her friend Ola was busy with stuff while Temi was away on a business trip…. She felt so alone and needed someone to talk to and the only person that crossed her mind was Uchenna…
‘Come in’…he widened the door….
‘Thanks’ she whispered as she saw his girlfriend whom she’d insulted …her sins were catching up with her….
Amara stared at the intruder coldly… remembering the loss she had that day… what could she possibly be doing here? She was definitely going to teach her some manners…they were not on the roadside now…
‘What is she doing here’? addressing Uche …she turned and walked towards Eno…who was a bit shaken by her harsh tone…
‘Amara I can explain…she’s totally changed…’ Uche held her from walking towards Eno…
‘Am so sorry Amara…am sorry…that’s my past am totally changed…I just came to help Uchenna pack into his new house’…Eno explained gently hoping to gain her forgiveness….
‘You’re such a fool to think I’d forgive you…now get out and don’t ever come here or our new house for that matter’ Amara thundered as she pushed Eno outside the room…
‘How could you be so cruel’? Uche ran to help Eno on her feet… what had come upon Amara? He knew her actions were just considering what Eno had done but she went too far….
‘that’s your problem’Amara fired back and shut the door….
‘Am sorry…am sorry….please don’t cry’ he helped her to her feet…
‘am sorry for everything I’ve done to you…I shouldn’t have come…I was just so afraid and lonely’ she wiped her face but the tears kept streaming down….
He held her still and felt bad he’d been uncomfortable with her visit the first time…he understood the way she felt… no other person knew what had happened to her that night…
‘Eno am sorry…please stay…I will talk to her’ he begged…what if she committed suicide after leaving his place…such victims could do anything at the heat of depression….
‘No….. am sorry… I shouldn’t have come…it’s all my fault…take care’ she released herself from his grip and ran to her car…
But she couldn’t drive…she buried her head on the steering and broke down… why was she feeling this way? Alone….Temi hadn’t returned her calls neither did Ola… her world once bright and filled with colors …was slowly turning to bleak and melancholy.
She had to get off her sorrows…somehow she had to be strong again…
Uche watched as she drove away…. Feeling guilty he returned to the room…
‘What was that about’? Amara asked angrily as she’d watched the scene between the two…
‘Amara…you need to forgive and let go of the past….Eno is changed believe me…I forgive her for everything she did to me and you should do same’…
Amara was silent for a while….he was right…but she wasn’t exactly harsh with Eno for being arrogant in the past…but something else…fear…
Yes, she was afraid when she saw the way Uche looked at her…the way he smiled when he opened the door…what if he left her for Eno…she was beautiful no doubt…also light skinned but Eno’s beauty surpassed hers by far and comparison was a folly…
She adversely hoped such a possibility never came to life…
‘Am sorry Uchenna….forgive me….i went too far’ she kissed him on his cheek but he wouldn’t budge…
She tried hugging but his arms wouldn’t encircle her…
‘am sorry’ she yelled as she tickled him and he gave her a dimpled smile…
He dragged her closer and inhaled her hair…. ‘I love you so much’…
He grunted satisfactorily as he found his release…. She was really passionate…firebrand…..
‘I enjoyed that’ he groaned as he shifted closer for another round….
‘You need to regain your strength’ Ola gasped as she pushed him away… he was super active and she liked it….
‘If you say so…so how much did you say you wanted’ he asked softly…
‘About five hundred thousand’ she looked at him from the corner of her eyes… she needed to make the most out of their illicit affair…
‘that is too meager for my little mistress’ he pulled her close for a hug while she rolled her eyes in anticipation….wondering how much he would give her….
He quickly picked up his phone and saw the number of calls he’d missed…he felt really bad…
‘She called me too’ Ola chipped in…she’d wanted asking Temi about the change in Eno’s behavior but she chose to keep silent…she was just a mistress and nothing more….
‘ I have to return’ he spoke in a rush as she got dressed…
‘So soon’? she was a bit disappointed… he’d promised to spend the whole weekend with her and here he was scurrying off like some rabbit after fodder…. Eno had his heart around her claws…
But she was going to take it by force…she clenched her teeth and held down the venom in her throat… if she spoke it all this would be over…
Olatemi hadn’t really had time for her…even when he made love to her …he mistakenly screamed Eno’s name….
She was going to get Olatemi…she had to….
He walked away ignoring her completely
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:31am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-16
Maybe he was making a terrible mistake by sleeping with Ola but it was the kind of mistake one enjoyed thoroughly….if he wasn’t careful Eno would get suspicious and that would be the end of him…he didn’t know how to survive without her…he couldn’t…she was so dear to him…
He reached her house in a swift drive… she hadn’t returned his calls….
‘Please where is Eno?’ he asked the house keeper…who pointed upwards to her room…
He was desperate to see her…forgetting his manners he flung the door wide opened and found her asleep on her bed….
She was so beautiful….even in her sleep….she could make the world stop….
He rubbed her head gently and kissed her pink lips….suddenly, he felt the rush of blood to his bones…he looked around and carefully bolted the door….
He returned and paused as he weighed the justness of his soon to be action….
But it didn’t matter…she’d denied him long enough…after all they were meant to be…he was still going to marry her …nobody could take her away…
He quickly unbuttoned and loosened his tie….
She smiled in her sleep and rolled over to the other side of her bed…. And whispered…
‘I love you too…Uchenna’ she mumbled….
‘Uchenna’? who was Uchenna?
Then his heart paced….was she in love with another man? Was she cheating on him? He clenched his fist and hoped she was only dreaming…. He couldn’t stand seeing or imagining any man near his love….
‘Uchenna!!!’ she screamed aloud and was more frightened when she saw Olatemi in her room….
‘What are you doing here’ she asked fearfully…
He was mesmerized by the beauty of her sage eyes…beautiful sea green…
‘You are supposed to be in Tel Aviv’ she continued referring to his business trip…
‘I guess I changed my mind…I miss you darling’ he ruffled her hair…
‘you really mean that’? she smiled and rose up to hug him….
She was happy he was here ….at least that would help her fight the loneliness she felt…
Then her mind drifted to the dream she had again….she’d seen him…this time they played hide and seek like little children in a garden of honeysuckles….
When he finally found her, he drew her to himself …just the way Temi was holding her now…then he’d kissed her and whispered words she couldn’t dare to say….
He always occupied her thoughts….she couldn’t think of anything else, anyone else not even Temi…
She shuddered at that realization….she had to avoid him…
‘are you okay’? Temi asked ….
‘Yes I am…it’s just cold’…
‘Good morning honey’ Lara drawled as Uche walked in… his dress sense had greatly improved within the three weeks he’d resumed work…
‘Hi Lara’ he returned and hesitated…. He hadn’t set his eyes on Eno for weeks since she last visited his house and was rudely thrown out by Amara…
Anytime she saw him at the company…she would walk as far as possible and that made him feel bad…
Maybe Lara knew something about her whereabouts… but he wasn’t too comfortable with the way Lara acted around him…she was either showing off her boobs or sticking out her tongue seductively…but he was going to try
He had to admit he missed her… he wondered how she fared on her own? Was she still feeling the hurt from the experience? He wished he could reach out to her but she was far off and he wasn’t going to involve Ola … that would rouse her curiosity….
Talking of the devil….Niyiola walked in wearing a mischievous grin that didn’t sread to her boldly khol rimmed eyes….
‘Uchenna you look awesome’ she had to admit money actually improved upon people’s looks…
He wasn’t looking bad at all….if her heart wasn’t stolen by Temi….maybe she would’ve considered going down with him…he was worth Lara’s drool… she mused as she watched the receptionist who stared hardly at Uche as they conversed….
‘ummmm….have you seen Eno today’? Uche stammered….
The two women exchanged glances…
Ola was more shocked …what business had Eno with Uchenna? She hated his guts…
Lara raised her brows wondering why he asked about the spoilt brat…here she was …offering herself for him to just take….and he’d been so blind for weeks… she felt disappointed… why was Uchenna so adamant to her charms? She had to put more effort….
‘Well she’s around….just that she’s been busy….maybe I should give you her number’ she offered… expecting him to refuse… considering her friend’s wild behavior…
‘oh…that would be so nice…’ he collected the number hurriedly to Ola’s surprised….something was definitely going on… and she had to find out….
‘see you guys later’ she waved and left for her office…
‘So Uche…when are you inviting me to your place’? Lara flirted shamelessly…
Uche smiled wishing Lara had a mirror to see what she looked like presently… he loved her sense of humor and friendly attitude but he could never cheat on Amara… she’d done too much for him…
He was quite sure Lara liked him and he hated to play with people’s feelings….
So he had to be straight with her…although the truth did always hurt…but it usually hurt lesser than lies….
‘Lara I have to be honest with you’ he dropped his briefcase and held her hands…he had to be fast with this..
She closed her eyes and breathed in…expecting to hear his confession of love for her…finally she’d gotten his attention…
‘I really like you as a friend and co-worker…you’re smart, funny and very hard working…and I really wished I felt the way you do about me…am sorry am in love with someone else…she’s been with me when I had nothing…I owe her who I am…please understand’…
It was like a thunder storm had hit her…no..maybe she just got stung by a wasp …but she opened her eyes enraged and quickly made for her chair…
He rejected her like she wasn’t worth something…..it hurt more as she remembered her relationship with Temi….he broke up with her with the same words when he found that vermin….Eno…
‘Am sorry Lara …but you have to understand …what if you were in my shoes? Would you dump a guy that supported and loved you when you had nothing?’…
He didn’t wait for an answer…. He scrolled through his phone again… to be sure her number was there… his heart began searching for her…
Lara shook her head sadly as he walked away… he was actually right…her rage meant nothing…wasn’t justified considering the circumstances… Uche was a nice person…always going out of his way to help others and he wasn’t authoritative to his subordinates…but he was taken….she became curious…what was his woman like?
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2016
flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-17
‘So how was your day’? Amara inquired as she dished some soup in his bowl…she’d noticed lots of changes in his behavior the past weeks but she chose to ignore…they’d lost their connection and she attributed all that to stress from his work…
‘Fine baby’ he replied still trying her number….the phone usually rang and stopped …maybe she knew it was him…maybe she was actually avoiding him…he shifted uncomfortably not concerned with the food placed before him….
He tried one last time and she picked…. His heart beat increased as he felt the dullness in her voice…had she been crying again?
‘Hello who am I speaking with’? she spoke in a low tone yet audible….
‘It’s errmmm Uchenna…are you okay? You sound worried or something’ he couldn’t help but show concern…
She paused at her end…not knowing how to reply…not finding the right words to describe what she was feeling… how hard she’d tried to keep him out of her thoughts but his images would not flee from her head….but she had to do this…she had to stay far from him…nothing was ever going to come out of it….
Where would it ever lead to? She wondered…he was madly in love with Amara and there was Olatemi who could sacrifice anything for her happiness….but she knew deep down he’d lost her…. But she had to fight this madness…that’s what she called it…maybe it was just a crush and it would fade in time but the more she ran away from him, the more he kept coming after her…. Did he also feel the same way?
Uchenna waited patiently for her reply, which seemed to take ages… he smiled as he imagined her rolling her green eyes at the other end….
‘I am fine’ she responded…. Making up her mind to seal her heart against him….
‘please don’t call this line again….stay away from me…thank you’ she quickly broke off…
Amara watched him from a distance….she was curious…who was he speaking with? He’d focused so much on his phone till his food went cold…maybe he was seeing someone else…but she doubted the possibility…could Uchenna actually break his promise to her? Her dim oma? Her one and only…the true love of her life….she just had to be sure…
Deep down she was hurting already from his lack of attention for her…he only gave her money for her J.A.M.B lessons, personal shopping and money for her mother…. But it’d been long they talked together …connecting deeply…it was hard to admit but he was slipping off her fingers…she had to do something about it…
Uche stared at his phone bewildered…she cut the call on him…had he offended her in anyway? He dropped the phone and pushed the plates away… he had no appetite… Eno was pushing him out of her life…she made him feel special…like he was the only one in her world…her remedy, her cure and now she made him feel like his old self….worthless and unimportant…he just had to see her again….
‘Why aren’t you eating’? Amara raised her brows as she stared at him…
Her mother wasn’t in support of her frequent visits and sometimes sleep overs at Uchenna’s, but she just couldn’t stay far from him….
‘It will lead to big trouble’ her mother would always say but she wasn’t having any of that… she’d resolved in her heart to get closer to him…she could even move in…as it stood there was another woman…she was greatly sure of that….another woman who wanted to reap where she didn’t sow….
‘Am sorry love, am not hungry’ he smiled and pulled her close to him…she was more beautiful than when he met her….her light skin felt smoother at his touch ….and she looked fuller and rounder at the right places….
‘You look beautiful my love’ he whispered as he stared deeply into her eyes…his lips said the truth but his thoughts were filled with the woman with the green eyes…why was he feeling rejected? Here was a beautiful lady who’d stood with him through thick and thin… but he knew deep down…his heart was beginning to lie…
‘Thank you dear….so who were you speaking with’? she asked as she sat gently on his laps…
‘uhmmm’ he hesitated….if he said the truth …he didn’t trust her not to react… but he hated lying especially to the ones he loved…he just had to distract her…
‘Lest I forget… my mother and Younger brother Ikenna would be paying me a visit…so I may need you to stay right here with me’ he hugged her tightly, hoping that would distract her…
Uchenna had never been coy with her…he had avoided her question which nudged up her fears further….there was another… but she was slightly gladdened by his other proposal…that meant she could pack in and stay with him as long as his mother and brother would be visiting. She would finally get to meet with his family… maybe he was about taking a bold step …she smiled at the thought of being his wife and it felt good…
‘That wouldn’t be a problem…I just have to convince my mum about it…you should get some sleep it’s getting late’ she advised…she had her plans…
‘Okay madam’ he teased and strolled towards his bedroom …
She waited patiently for an hour to elapse as she tiptoed into his room and made for his phone….
‘So it was you’ she whispered as she saw the name of the woman she hated with a passion boldly written on the screen…
She felt like screaming…why was Uche doing this to her? Why was he betraying her trust? …why was Enoabasi bent on stealing her man? She had to fight for what belonged to her…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:33am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-18
As usual, the company bustled like a beehive….Eno more determined than ever to keep away from Uche… slowly closed her PC and dialed Ola…she had to talk to someone, she was going crazy…
‘Hello babes…where are you’? Ola asked already sitted in the large hall where many of the staffs usually had their lunch breaks…
‘Am in my office…are you up for lunch today’? she had to be sure because Niyiola was a complete workaholic….
‘Am already at the hall… just come over’ she broke off as she spotted Temi from the other side of the large restaurant…
He hadn’t called her since the day he walked out on her in the hotel room…. But he’d kept to his promise and sent her the money. She wasn’t satisfied… each passing day, her feelings for Olatemi had grown stronger and she had no choicr but to embrace them…
Her only obstacle was Eno… Temi practically worshipped her like she was some deity …maybe because she had green eyes or something but Temi was totally smitten and she had very little chance to steal his heart from her…
She had to work on something….something manipulative…she wasn’t entirely evil as to think of eliminating her friend completely…she was just going to stir up trouble between the two and maybe she could eliminate Eno later…
‘Ola what’s up’? Eno’s voice shook her from her plans…
‘Oh welcome dear… it’s been long’she rose and hugged her friend…
Her friend seemed a lot better today as she surveyed her… but she still looked pale and sad…something had happened to her and it was her job to find out…maybe something that could be used against her later…
They ate in silence….Eno had really changed… this pale and almost lanky figure sitting before her wasn’t Eno….she was unusually quiet…
Not being able to accommodate the silence Ola spoke up…
‘I’ve observed you for a while…what’s going on’?
Eno paused not knowing what to answer… staring into Ola’s bright eyes and the innocence they held she felt compelled to confide in her best friend…
Then another voice cautioned her to tread carefully and most significantly wisely.
‘Am fine…I’ve just had typhoid this few days but the doctor has assured me I will get better in no time’ she lied and Ola nodded understandingly… but she wasn’t fully convinced…
‘I hope so’ Ola voiced…
‘Can I ask you something Ola..it’s very important’?
‘why not …Eno we are friends and friends confide in each other’ Ola rubbed her hands as she spoke…her heart raced at the possible secret that lay beneath those green eyes…
‘I have a friend, her name is Diane…she’s dating this a very rich guy…but she got into trouble one day and a guy helped her out…this guy was really supportive… and she’s fallen in love with him… the guy is middle class ….what do you think she should do…who should Diane choose’? Eno held her breath expecting Ola’s reply…
Ola raised her brows wondering why Eno would ask such a question….could she be talking about her self? No! she knew Eno too well… she loved Temi more than anything and she hated guys who were broke….so it wasn’t about her… well she was in a similar position as Diane…falling in love with someone and not knowing what to do about it… well she only knew the right way to love was to pursue it…take a risk…
‘I will advise Diane your friend…to follow her heart… that guy that saved her may not be as rich as her boyfriend but he is definitely worth a try…and advise her to be honest with her boyfriend…she should come off with the truth and follow her heart…one last thing before she begins….she should be very sure that middle class guy feels the same way about her’… Ola watched her friend closely as she spoke….for a brief moment, she seemed to be happy or was she misinterpreting her smile?
‘Thank you so much Ola’
‘What for? We are friends dear’ she quickly picked up her phone and read the text from Temi… her heart raced…what if Eno knew about them…she’d to be careful…
She read the short text and hid the phone immediately …. it read: ‘MEET ME IN THE OFFICE.NOW.’
‘I have to go now’ Ola rose as excitement crawled up her spine….why had Temi called her suddenly? She had missed him this few days…
‘So soon’? Eno wondered why her friend was such in a hurry…
‘I have lots of work to do….see you later’
‘Typical’ Eno huffed…she was left alone now, to think….she was Diane…and she had fallen for her savior.
And she couldn’t help it…the way he smiled…his cute dimples and his gentle eyes…his soft touch…she missed him…she was beginning to like him more…she just couldn’t face the reality she’d fallen in love with him…it was too complicated… did he feel the same way about her too? What if she was just making a fool of herself?
She rose up and walked towards her office…she wished Uchenna had never helped her that day…she would never have made the mistake of falling in love with another guy aside Temi…the adjoining offices were locked…many were still having lunch…
‘Why have you been avoiding me’? Uchenna asked as he walked closer to where she stood…unknown to her, he’d followed her from the restaurant….
She paused and looked directly at him…was this a sign? He looked very handsome in his black shirt and trouser… the colors warmed his skin tone… but she couldn’t face him now…
She quickly turned and ran straight to her office…to her amusement he ran after her…
Uche was alarmed at her behavior and he followed instinctively….there was just something about her… she looked like a sea goddess, with her floral dress and her green eyes that sparkled more than ever…
He held her in her arms while she struggled against him…
‘Have I done something wrong? Am sorry’ he begged… he couldn’t understand why she blocked him out of her world…
‘Let go of me’ she breathed against him….
He loosened his hold on her…and gently replaced her hairband that held cascading mass of brown hair… she was just enchanting…her green eyes lured him, called out to him…they practically sang his name and he couldn’t resist it…
He bent and reached for her pink lips and their softness…
She squirmed beneath him at first, then she surrendered …he kissed her deeply and she responded in the same space…
Lara walked with long strides….she had some files to deliver to Eno from her table…she hated going to her office…the arrogant lady made her feel uncomfortable…
But as she approached…the files dropped from her hands but she quickly held them…she couldn’t believe what she’d seen…
Uche was lost in a passionate kiss with Eno…she now understood his reluctance to her charms earlier…he was in love with Eno….that was the woman he told him about…
She quickly turned away, filled with mad rage…this was the second time Eno was stealing her man, first it was Temi, and now Uchenna… she was definitely fighting this time…she had to tell Temi everything she’d seen…
She opened his office without thinking…and was shocked by what lay before her
Uche was lost as he pulled Eno closer to him…then realizing what he’d done, he broke the kiss and shifted away from her…
‘what’s wrong’? she asked feeling hurt as her eyeballs were hazy with passion…
‘Am sorry…I shouldn’t have done that’ was all he could say and walked off quickly….
He didn’t know what demons had possessed him to kiss a girl who hadn’t fully recovered from an assault… how could he betray Amara like that? He had to be very careful… he never wanted to see her cry… he had to watch his steps with Eno…
‘Wow’ she breathed …although what they’d done was wrong, she couldn’t deny he was a good kisser…
She hummed happily as she stepped into her office, he felt the same way about her…she’d seen the desire in his eyes… the passion and attraction… it wasn’t of lust but something deeper… now she was sure of it… she had to pursue it… but her heart dropped as she thought of those that would get hurt…
How could she bring herself to tell Temi she’d fallen in love with another…and what would be of Amara if Uchenna eventually fell for her?
She closed her eyes and wondered….she was tired of needing him, tired of feeling miserable …she had to fight for love…she knew this time it was love…what she’d felt for Temi was admiration for his masculine capabilities…but Uche made her feel things no man had ever tried to…
The way he looked at her…the way his eyes called to her heart… she was on flames…he was her desire….
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:34am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-19
‘we forgot to lock the door’ Ola whispered fearfully as they heard the footsteps in the outer office…she imagined a million scenarios…what if the media got wind of them stark naked in the office? It would be such a scandal….
Temi was more calmed thankfully for the small peephole of the inner office….he quickly peered and saw who it was ….Lara. He had to act fast or they would be in trouble…he blamed his uncontrollable desire for his predicament…he just couldn’t wait to have her again…
Lara was surprised as she picked up the clothes one after the other….this was getting more interesting than before… there was Eno in a heated kiss with Uchenna and Temi was also busy with some lady she was bent on finding out….who could it be? She studied the clothes she’d just picked….it looked quite familiar….like Niyiola’s but she waved the feeling off…Ola looked to innocent to indulge in something so compromising…
‘Wait here…I’ll handle her’ Temi whispered to Ola who was too shaken to move…
He wore his undergarments and strode to the outer office quietly….
‘You scared me’ Lara gasped….he ignored her and went straight to the door and bolted it perfectly…he knew Lara too well… if she left his office …the news would be everywhere except he gave her something in return which he wasn’t prepared too. He had a better idea…something that would terrify her forever…
‘What are you doing’? she asked fearfully as she studied Temi closely…. She had dated him as long as a year and she knew things many wouldn’t believe about him…. He had a violent temper but usually appeared cool…in one of their arguments he’d given her a black eye …since that time she believed him to be capable of anything heinous…
There were rumors too about him being on drugs…
Temi smiled and walked towards her…. ‘don’t you wanna find out’? he responded
In a swift moment, he wrapped his hands over her mouth and stuffed in it his socks….
Ola tensed as she saw what was going on….she’d never seen Temi like this…what had gotten into him?
‘Am sorry…I won’t sneak up on you again’ Lara begged as he unbuttoned her in a rush…
‘No…I am just saving my own ass dear Lara’ he smiled as he stared down at her naked flesh….
Suddenly he felt aroused but he calmed himself…this wasn’t the time…he had to be smart…he watched as she squirmed….like she was trying to tell him something…
‘what is it’? he asked
‘Eno is cheating on you’ she answered thinking he’d allow her to go….
The words stopped his heart but he refused to believe it…Lara could say anything to get free…
He grabbed his camera and took pictures of her naked form….
Satisfied with the outcome, he untied her and she dressed hurriedly amidst sobs…
‘You will regret this Temi…no one humiliates Lara and goes scot free’…
He simply chuckled …. ‘well if you tell Eno or anybody about what happened in my office…I will release these pictures to all social media forums…. And at the end you have more to lose’
She blinked away her tears…she’d made a very big mistake…this was all her fault…no it wasn’t …it was Eno’s… if she hadn’t stolen Uchenna from her she would never had come over to report to Temi…she was going to deal with them all…Temi, Eno and whoever was hiding in that office…she would find out…
She packed the files and ran out of the office…
‘why did you have to do that’? Ola asked a bit confused…
‘well I know Omolara very well…if I let her go …she would’ve walked straight to the inner office and discovered you…trust me I know what am doing’…
She nodded and closed her eyes…thanking god they weren’t caught…next time they had to be careful…
‘Eno is cheating on you’ the words rang continuously in his head… could she do that to him? He felt sick…if he got hold of that man he would have him killed… no one could have his priceless ruby…Eno was a rare gem and over his dead body was he ready to share her…he knew he could kill for her… but Lara had a way with words… she was a smooth liar but she had no proof….
‘So did you enjoy yourself ’he teased Ola as he adjusted his tie….
She smiled shyly and walked out of his office….she needed to focus…she needed to own Temi…
Amara was excited as she welcomed Uche’s mother and brother, Ikenna, who was as handsome as his brother.
If she wasn’t careful she was going to fall for his charms…he was more handsome than his brother but not as tall as her Uche…
‘Welcome’ she greeted again as she introduced herself…
The woman smiled happily…her son was an intelligent boy who knew how to choose wisely…
‘I’ve prepared something special for you both…follow me…’ she led them through the house and they marveled at its size and beauty…
‘God has really blessed my son’ the woman exclaimed while Ikenna smiled heartily…he was happy his brother was a success… he was going to sponsor him through school as he was just admitted into the university after several years of trying…
‘Excuse me…let me get the door’ Amara rushed to welcome her future husband…she was so thrilled as she imagined her and Uche getting married and having beautiful kids…
‘My love’ he whispered as he hugged her….he’d been too busy …he believed that was the reason he’d kissed Eno…he had to focus on his relationship to avoid tempting situations like that…
‘Guess what’? she rolled her eyes as she collected his briefcase…
‘I already know…my mom and Bro are here…’ he winked and dragged her to meet the other two….
He hugged his mother happily …they hadn’t seen for three years… Ikenna who was four years his junior had grown a bit much….
They exchanged pleasantries and settled for dinner…
His phone vibrated against the table…frowning he picked it up…it was Eno… he had to pick it…maybe she was lonely again and needed someone to talk to…..he wondered if she was single… but he found that hard to believe…
Amara paused as she watched Uchenna sternly … it was definitely that girl…anytime he mentioned her name …there was a twinkle in his eye…
‘Pick your call’ she spoke tightly…
‘Okay’ he swallowed wondering why she sounded so harsh….
‘ hello dear’ he greeted and spotted the frown on Amara’s face…..
‘Hello Uche’ Eno sounded excited…. She’d finally made up her mind about him…she would take a risk with him…
‘How are you doing’ he smiled as she was happy… he felt bad anytime she was in tears… he was happy they’d reconciled although they made a mistake in the process..
‘Am fine… will you be free tomorrow? Let’s have lunch together’ she asked expecting a positive response…
‘ No problem, I will be free…goodnight dear’…
Ikenna couldn’t help but notice the scowl on his brother’s girlfriend’s face… his brother was really lucky to have such a pretty girl at his beck and call… he stared at her beautiful skin and her rounded breast and felt his abdomen constrict… he coughed as he excused himself from the table…
‘who was that’ Amara asked later as only two of them were left on the table…
He paused….he wasn’t going to lie to his love…lying would mean he was actually feeling something from Eno but he wasn’t … it was just a careless mistake…
‘Eno…’
‘okay’ Amara whispered as she cleared the table…so he was already cheating on her? And he was bold about it?
She wiped the tears off her face as she heard some footsteps behind…
‘I really enjoyed your meal’
She turned and was surprised to see Ikenna…
‘thank you ..why aren’t you asleep’? she inquired….
‘you speak like am old….my bones are very vibrant …I’ve had enough rest…besides Mama would be visiting her sister Aunt Nneoma in Onitsha…so she needs that sleep’
‘Interesting…congratulations on your admission’ she smiled…
He nodded not knowing what else to say as he was completely absorbed by her beauty…
‘You’ve been crying’ he pointed at her face… he knew when a woman was hurting inside…he’d been around many to decipher that…
She turned away shyly… he looked so much like his brother…
‘Am fine.. just go back to bed’
‘Okay… but we will talk tomorrow’ he shrugged and walked out…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:35am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio-20
‘so what are your birthday plans’? he rubbed her fingers as he watched her roll her beautiful eyes…she was his’ and no other… he couldn’t bring himself to believe what Lara had told him, she was a very mischievous and manipulative person, one of the reasons he’d broken up with her…
‘Nothing special…maybe we could throw a party when you’re back from your trip’ Eno was a bit excited he was leaving town… she’d already mapped out her plans…she would spend her birthday with only one person… just to look into his beautiful eyes and laugh at his jokes…till she was sure of what he felt about her…
‘Okay then….that would be a good idea…I love you baby but before I leave …let’s have a lunch break date’ he kissed her hand as he slipped a gift into them….
‘wow’ she screamed as she saw the glittering earrings in her hands ….he was really romantic and she was lucky to have him…but Uchenna was slowly stealing her heart….
‘Am sorry Temi but I have lots of work to do….i won’t be free’…she hated herself for lying but she had to be with Uche…she had to find out somehow what he felt…
‘Alright….i guess I have to catch my flight before I run late’ he kissed her and stormed out of the office….
‘bye baby’ she waved and smiled at his retreating figure….
Lara had it all planned out…she had to separate Uchenna and Eno but she didn’t know the extent of their involvement… she had to find a way…after which she would deal with Temi for embarrassing her in such a great manner….she knew him very well and he was a man of his word so she had to be careful….
She spotted Ola who looked quite different as she began wearing very expensive clothes….something was familiar as Ola walked closer…
‘Hello Niyiola…guess what’?
Ola rolled her eyes at the nosy receptionist….maybe Temi was just in humiliating her that way, otherwise rumors would’ve flown across the company of their love affair. She waited patiently to get the latest gossip….
‘your friend is making out with my man …I feel you should warn her to stay away from him’
Ola was startled ‘which friend and what man’?
‘Well I saw Eno and Uche making love in her office yesterday’….
Ola froze where she stood…was Lara insinuating she’d seen her in Temi’s office? She was done for… she quickly cleared her throat and feigned a laugh…
‘That wasn’t funny’ Lara shifted closer to inhale the scent Ola wore…..she was getting closer to finding the faceless woman…
‘well that’s not even possible….Eno doesn’t like Uche for one….she even prevented her father from giving him a job, so I don’t believe your story’…
Lara raised her brows…her plans were falling into place…. Maybe Uche hadn’t known about that…if he knew…he wouldn’t be all over her…
‘I’ve said enough Lara….just mind your business’ Ola hurried off angrily… she’d warned Temi against his decision to make love to her in his office but he’d refused… now she was restless because of the fear of being discovered by Lara….
Lara smiled as Ola walked off…. She quickly removed the handkerchief she’d taken from Temi’s office after he’d humiliated her…. He thought he was wise… but she was wiser… she inhaled the material deeply and it matched Ola’s perfume…
‘Friends can kill’ she was amazed Ola could betray her friend in such a manner…but who was she kidding? Eno deserved every bit of the pie she was offered… she stepped on people’s toes without remorse….
She had to confirm what she’d just discovered….
‘Hello Toneroni…I have a job for you…there’s a lady I want you to follow…take pictures of her and whoever you find her with’…
She quickly sent Ola’s pictures to the thug…she would deal with Temi…she was prepared to die fighting ….
‘So how have you been’? he returned her smile…. She was really beautiful he observed…and her paleness was gradually giving way to life…. He was happy she’d recovered and had left everything in the past…
‘Am fine…tomorrow is my birthday am inviting you for a picnic’ she held her breath praying he accepted her offer…
‘sure…I would do anything to make you happy’ and he meant that…. He could never forget the way she cried when he found her bleeding that night… he never wanted to see her that way again…
Already, he’d started planning on what to get for her….
They spoke at length about their lives from childhood experiences to adulthood…it was really fun…
Eno was amazed at how such a man as Uchenna fought to succeed although he came from a poor background…
He felt very relaxed and couldn’t help but ask a question that’d been bothering him for long….
‘are you in a relationship’? he was just being curious as she spoke of being lonely most times…
Eno hesitated and weighed the outcome of her answers to his question…was he in love with her? If she told him about Temi, that would ruin her chances with him…but did true love tell lies?
‘No….am single for now’she replied feeling sick…
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:37am On Jul 03, 2016
To Buy from Okadabooks.com, follow the following procedures:
Download the okadabooks reading app from google play
Go to ‘refill account’
Refill with the options given
Refill slightly higher than the price of the book
Because VAT applies
Download the book
Read and drop your comment in the ‘review box’.
For more enquiries visit aishayasmina©yahoo.com.
The following books are available for downloads
-In love with her pastor by Rose Akpabio 1&2
- Flames of desire by Rose Akpabio
- Emediong by Rose Akpabio.
Happy reading!

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 12:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Flames of Desire By Rose Akpabio PROLOGUE *** where rivers meet where rivers clash where fire starts where desire burns our point of no return.

Dear reader...
As I said earlier
if you're interested in the full story...
visit okadabooks.com and download or send me a message...
aishayasmina@yahoo. com
happy reading!
Re: Flames Of Desire by teamplayey: 1:24am On Jul 03, 2016
Except that for BB users, the download is for only BB10. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by anonymousbim(f): 7:35am On Jul 03, 2016
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This story is lovely kept me glued till I finished the last chapter.
More ink to your pen, more ability ti write and more wisdom to create.

Send me the story ooo please I don't use bb10 I use curve 8. My email add is oyeabim@gmail.com.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by 1LadySule(f): 11:15am On Jul 04, 2016
I wonderful story. Please send me the complete copy at elsiesule@gmail.com. Thank you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by mhizvick(f): 11:33am On Jul 04, 2016
i also want d complete copy........dammybest7@gmail.com..........tnkz

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 1:18pm On Jul 04, 2016
Please I'd prefer you guys sending me the message... that's if you are using a BB or a device that doesn't support Okadabooks.com
Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 1:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/flames_of_desire_/11492#.V2nqKcfzBFs.whatsapp

that's the link to Okadabooks.com...
-download the app from Google play
- refill your account with the pay options
-refill slightly higher than the price of the book cause of taxation at each refill...
-download the book
and read!!!
(for android users and BB that support)

the rest should send me a message ...
thank you
Re: Flames Of Desire by boldndbeautiful(f): 5:08pm On Jul 04, 2016
Angelsss:
https://www.okadabooks.com/book/about/flames_of_desire_/11492#.V2nqKcfzBFs.whatsapp

that's the link to Okadabooks.com...
-download the app from Google play
- refill your account with the pay options
-refill slightly higher than the price of the book cause of taxation at each refill...
-download the book
and read!!!
(for android users and BB that support)

the rest should send me a message ...
thank you

well done dear, downloaded, ur super fan.

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by Angelsss(f): 7:23pm On Jul 04, 2016
boldndbeautiful:

well done dear, downloaded, ur super fan.
wow dear...thanks very much... u leave me speechless...

1 Like

Re: Flames Of Desire by callmeomotee33(f): 8:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
nice write up...
pls I av sent u message since morning ....buh u did not reply me ....pls check ur email or u send me message thru ma email olutokeadedayo8@gmail.com.... thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Love Dies / Get Your Grammarly Premium Account / Checkmate Competition- Group 2 Collaboration Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 337
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.