Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria (2196 Views)

Weakness Or Strength? A Must Read Motivational Story!!!!! / What Is/are The Best Motivational Book(s) You Have Ever Read? / Writers In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria by JProspero: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2009
To tell you the truth, I never believed that Nigerians are good when it comes to motivational/success writing. I enjoyed Nigerian literary writers like Achebe, Soyinka, Ola Rotimi etc but I usually don't bother with Nigerians who write on success, motivation etc. I read American writers like Allen, Kiyosaki, Lynch, Covey etc when it comes to that. But I saw Azuka Onwuka's new book 20 Success Secrets of Great Achievers with a friend and decided to look at it. I was shocked at the writer's ability to hold my attention and the use of Nigerian examples to illustrate his points. Before I knew it I had read the whole book. I particularly found the stories of Quincy, Larry Izamoje, Ali Baba, Otunba Gaddafi, etc very inspiring. I think it is a book everyone should read. I ve made up my mind to start reading Naija motivational writers. Aside 20 Success Secrets of Great Achievers, does anyone know any other Naija writer/book that can really inspire one and also be fun to read? I would be glad if it is a book you have read and are sure that it is really good. Pls not religous books. Thanks. smiley

1 Like

Re: Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria by Anabel(f): 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2009
yeah i agree with you on that, i have read alot of good books from Nigerian writers, and they are very interesting.
Re: Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria by Chizzyjoyce(f): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2017
Just started writing to inspire people

Never knew I could until I saw the other side of life

Nowadays I write to boost my confidence and also write for others to get motivated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Great Motivational/success Writers In Nigeria by DaniDani(m): 7:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
Look for "I need this pressure" I am sure you will like it. Although I have forgotten the name of the author.

(1) (Reply)

The Amebo Principle In Chidi Anthony Opara’s "I Dey Shake Head 3" / A Crazy Night On Some Female Hostel Part 2 / What Happens When A Person Dies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.