Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? (11367 Views)

Share The First Verse Of Your Favorite Christian Hymn / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? / Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Dandsome: 12:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hello guys, happy Sunday.

Was thinking and decided to bring it up here.

What is your favourite portion or verse of the Bible??

Mine is

Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

The Nigerian interpretation to me is husband go DE scarce soteh women go hustle to marry even if they will take care of themselves.

Over to you. What's your favourite portion or verse of the Bible??

Drops mic.

Cc: lalasticlala, mynd44 and the mods it may concern, kindly move to the appropriate section

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by RichYoungNigga: 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Who wrote the bible ??

God ??
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by tinahrex(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Psalms 118:8
It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

This message always reminds me that I have a soul that can be lost if I ain't careful!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by DarkHenrie(m): 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
That part where Jesus climbs a hill to discuss with his father who is actually himself and comes down to tell the writers of bible what he went up to discuss with himself.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by ALAYORMII: 5:22pm On Jul 03, 2016
Jesus wept

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by gift01: 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
One night he couldn’t get to sleep and went for a stroll on the roof of the palace. As he looked out over the city, he noticed a woman of unusual beauty taking her evening bath. He sent to find out who she was and was told that she was Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam and the wife of Uriah. Then David sent for her and when she came he slept with her. (She had just completed the purification rites after menstruation.) Then she returned home
2 Samuel 11:2-4 (The Living Bible translation)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Cherishing(f): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
That moment where Judas gave out Christ to be crucified. After reading this place am always scared of getting kiss from close pals .

Matthew 26:48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by lilmax(m): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
1 corinthians 15:10

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by dabwan123(m): 5:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
The Word of God is not for frivolity.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by emi14: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
What have you done with divine talent deposits in you. Secondly, make sure your name is written in heaven. Luke 10:20
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by smudge2079(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
1st Corinthians 9:27 ......But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a cast away.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by pring: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
K
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by marshalcarter: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
John 3:16.cheesy cheesy

Chaaai.....ma favourite verse grin
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by klassykute(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
money answerth all things .. but the love of money is d root of all evil

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Eluzomo47(m): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by fearlesschicken: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
Love your neighbour has yourself...Mark 12 Vs 31.

That's the best and most sensible part of the Bible which many people don't follow

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by wildQuincy(f): 5:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
Matt 6:33 cool

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
Philippians 3 vs 10

That I may know him and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his suffering. Being conformed to his death.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
Punishment For Worshiping Idols.

Deuteronomy 17:2-5: If there be found among you, within any gates which the lord thy god giveth thee, man or woman, that hat wrought wickedness in the sight of the lord thy god, in trangressing his convenant. 3: and hath gone and served others gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which i have not commanded: 4; and it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in isreal: 5: then shalt thou bring forth that man or woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones still they die.

What a god love indeee!
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by princebishop(m): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
Mathew 11:12 ryt from d time of John d Baptist d Kingdom of God suffereth violence n the violence taketh it by force

5 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by wildQuincy(f): 5:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
smudge2079:
1st Corinthians 9:27 ......But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a cast away.
I guess apostle paul was the one speaking here?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by kurt09(m): 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:8

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Aremu01(m): 5:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Acts 17:28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by daniska3yaro(m): 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord
Forever.

Psalm 23:6

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by BANGERLEE1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Prov 17:28
Even a fool, when he keeps silent, is considered wise; When he closes his lips, he is considered prudent.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Chrisrare: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by smudge2079(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Yes please, to the Corinthians.
wildQuincy:

I guess apostle paul was the one speaking here?
Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by BANGERLEE1(m): 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
Shoutout to Mama for teaching me how to read the words of God....

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by wildQuincy(f): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cherishing:
That moment where Judas gave out Christ to be crucified. After reading this place am always scared of getting kiss from close pals .

Matthew 26:48 Now he that betrayed him gave them a sign, saying, Whomsoever I shall kiss, that same is he: hold him fast.
Its funny thou! But thank God judas did it, if not, Jesus christ wouldn't have died for you and me grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Teeyoung1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
psalm 126:1 when the Lord turned again the captivity of zion we were like them that dream. ecclesiastes 1:2 vanity upon vanity all is vanity

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Favourite Portion Or Verse Of The Bible?? by Stevostical(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Psalm 121 vs 1-8 has always been my best though I have many, but I will drop this as that was the Bible verse that kept coming to me in church today and I believe it wasn't just for me but it's for someone here, trusting God for something

Matt. 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tithing: Where Does The Money Go? / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / Why Is Sex A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.