Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:30 PM

Lets Re-look At The Christian Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lets Re-look At The Christian Faith (359 Views)

12 Questions People Ask About The Christian Faith / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith / Pillars Of A Christian's Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lets Re-look At The Christian Faith by Heavenlybound: 12:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
At no time in history has there been more people who call themselves "Christian". Yet, Sodom and Gomorrah have a right to question God, "Why us when the 21st century is worse?". Many professing christians, but very few actually know what they believe in. I won't focus on all these in this post. I would instead focus on the Nigerian Church.

This generation reminds me of Acts 17:16-34. I quote verse 23 "For as I walked around and looked carefully at your objects of worship, I even found an altar with this inscription: to an unknown god." Those guys had looked for God for so long and knew what they were worshipping was not the true God. So they put up an altar "TO THE UNKNOWN GOD"

This is the pathetic case in Nigeria. Many people want to know God, but have been misled in our so-called churches. They have setteled instead for a form of religion with the true God absent. So much activities and deception, with no peace or assurance!!! Most of our Pastor are not even known in heaven. They are blind pastors/Bishops/GO, leading blind followers. However, some of these blind followers are genuinely hungry. In the day of judgement, hunger would not be enough. Rather, the blind pastor would go to hell as well as his sincerely-mistaken followers. Jesus never said you should follow any man. Never follow anyone. Paul (the big apostle) said "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" 1 Corinthians 11:1. If he doesn't follow Christ, then no need to follow him. Do not follow the Pope, Adeboye, Oyedepo, TB Joshua .......Rather listen to them if you feel they follow Christ, but let God's word guide you. Some of these men may not even be following Christ.

To end this write-up, I would say a few thing about the christian faith:
(1). Prosperity/Materialism is not a Christian message. If this is what your pastor preaches, he may be preaching another "god" to you.
(2). Healing, wealth, breakthrough ....... are not the Christian message. Sometimes, being a Christian may mean you suffer!!!
(3). Jesus did not need to die so that you can have money or health or any material thing.
(4). Jesus died for our sins, and our salvation. This is the christian message
(5). In these last days, the devil has infiltrated the church and true word of God is scarce. Please read your bible for what true Christianity is.
(6). Giving/Tithing are not the Christian message. You may glorify God better if you gave that money to help the poor family next door.
(7). If Jesus were on earth today, he might not have the biggest church, no private jet, or mansion. His focus is on the coming kingdom where nothing perishes. If your Pastor is establishing an earthly kingdom here and now, then he may not be preaching the Christian message to you.

To end this write-up. 1Tim 4:1 "Now the Holy Spirit tells us clearly that in the last times some will turn away from the true faith; they will follow deceptive spirits and teachings that come from demons". These things are already happening. Most of the teachings in our churches are not from God, thus could be by demons. The preaching may look funny, inspiring, challenging etc. but that does not mean it is not by demons. Please be watchful and be vigilant. Pray open-mindedly to God. He does answer prayers. Don't follow the modern prayers of "Fire! Fall down and die!! Rosary!! etc". I guess the devils smiles when we follow these man devised prayer techniques. In Matthew 6:7, Jesus said "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." God hears prayers from the heart.

Shalom. I would post more in due time
Re: Lets Re-look At The Christian Faith by dialfa: 12:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
Come to Satan today.

Satan love you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Bank Of Nigeria Insurance Graduate Recruitment 2016 / Foolishness In Vow Taking / Do Not Ignore The Warnings (1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.