Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,885 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions (41787 Views)

See UNILAG Approved Admission Modalities For 2016/17 / The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2016/2017 Admission Processes / Correction: Clarifying The Content Of The New JAMB Modalities For Admission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by phenom57(m): 1:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mickael2:

you did see the part where they said that there will be no written examination, the only thing that will be done is that candidates results will be checked and O'levels too. That means the PUTME model was not accepted, what then can you infer from that?

Inferences are not to be trusted when it comes to policy making IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by saintdennis(m): 1:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
PrinceofPeace17:
Sir, two sittings is 3 points not 2.

# Change!.

Congratulations FG !!! una don make Waec/Neco plus jamb a do or die affair for aspirants. Miracle centers oya appear!!!

U hit the nail on the head, people do not realise school admissions just became a 'how much can u pay' affair smh.

Even me sef use miracle center for waec that year, got B in maths when normally I would manage to struggle to get an E grade.
na only jamb n pume I write myself.

Am pro-pmb but he's just scattered naija educational system if he allows this sham to prevail
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by MrTeCO(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2016
Stuntkid172:
they are making things very tough for students,
where is DIBU

abeg which phone you use screenshot this ur image..... it's so damn clean.....
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by elkon(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
Nigeria don start again. .next year admission would be hard..I prefer post utme dan dis
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by saintkel(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2016
Jamb bin causing confusion since 1989NI
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2016
everything is just too centralized in this country.....the FG wants to have a say and control everything
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Seuncoded(f): 2:09pm On Jul 04, 2016
phenom57:
[b][/b]THE POINT SYSTEM: This is the most critical part of the process. Jamb's provisional admission no longer makes much sense this year, your points tally will decide your faith. The points are evenly spread out between your O'level and Jamb results to provide a level playing field for all. In the first case, any candidate who submits only one result which contains his/her relevant subjects already has 10points, the exam could be NECO, WAEC, GCE etc, but any candidate who has 2 sittings only gets 3 points. So this means that aspirants with only one result are at an advantage but only just. The next point grades fall into the O'level grades. Each grades has it's equivalent point, A=6 marks, B=4 marks, C=3 marks, so the better your grades the better your chances. The next point is the UTME scores. Each score range has its equivalent point which can be summarized thus, 180-200=20-23 marks, 200-250=24-33 points, 251-300=34-43, 300-400=44-60 points. Each categories contains 5 Jamb results per point added, for example a candidate with 180-185 gets 20points, a candidate with 186-190 gets 21 points etc. Points system for DE will be released soon. 3) It then comes down to the fact that fees will still be charged for screening, it depends on the school as well. 4) Catchment and ELDS will still be used![/b]
I didn't see this part in the original document
please help me to calculate mine jamb 266 neck result all is C
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Thobiy(m): 2:13pm On Jul 04, 2016
micskales:

Do u listen to NTA weekend bulletin on Sunday?
No,do people still watch NTA undecided
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by ceeSleek(m): 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
oh my God! Things just got messier. More avenue for corruption, all the same i hope this innovation favours students shaa. @OP what then happens to those with National Diploma opting for HND??!
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Immality(m): 2:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
This Is crazy...
Someone should clarify me here.... My kid brother is really confused...

Will there be any form of registration again, be it From jamb or d school of choice... Which can enable someone fill 0 level results.. .He is using his neco which all subjects is C but still have Waec were he has 2As, 3Bs, Nd Cs only to be spoiled by English D7...

He his asking if he still has any opportunity to use d two settings... His jamb is 189.
Course philosophy
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Elxandre(m): 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
I've come to a conclusion that many Nigerians have a learning disability.

That point system model was specifically mentioned in the document as Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida university Lapai's model.

Theirs and university of Abuja's model was sampled to show how schools that traditionally do not conduct post utme managed their admission processes.

JAMB then stated clearly that the model wasn't beneficial because it puts candidates with weaker WAEC grades and awaiting results at a disadvantage.

JAMB then prescribed that students would be offered provisional admission, after which they may proceed for verification of their O'level and A'level certificates at their various institutions of admission.

This infers that Olevel would not be used as a determinant for admission, but most likely only JAMB results.

I knew this shocking platform for gross misinformation would come up.

If a learned person can't read, process and understand a simple 33 page document, what modicum of quality or intelligence is present in such person?

This is pathetic!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Officialdokkey(m): 2:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
Mistadora01:
Just Passing! Any Akwa Ibom Girl here?

An AKWA IBOM guy here!
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by druxy(m): 2:33pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:

That point system model was specifically mentioned in the document as Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida university Lapai's model.

Theirs and university of Abuja's model was sampled to show how schools that traditionally do not conduct post utme managed their admission processes.

JAMB then stated clearly that the model wasn't beneficial because it puts candidates with weaker WAEC grades and awaiting results at a disadvantage.

JAMB then prescribed that students would be offered provisional admission, after which they may proceed for verification of their O'level and A'level certificates at their various institutions of admission.

This infers that Olevel would not be used as a determinant for admission, but most likely only JAMB results.

If a learned person can't read, process and understand a simple 33 page document, what modicum of quality or intelligence is present in such person?

This is pathetic!
did you follow the link to the jamb portal and checked yourself ?
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by HomoSapiien: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:

This is pathetic!
You just nailed it.
I couldn't help but shake my head for people carrying this news about.

After downloading and reading the modality, I was just wondering whether these people are having comprehension problem or I am the one having it.

The rumor actually started from one premium reporter on Facebook.

1 Like

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by HomoSapiien: 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
druxy:

Aside him, I downloaded and checked it.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Elxandre(m): 2:41pm On Jul 04, 2016
druxy:
read the document already.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Adasun(m): 3:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
what if u combine two result?like waec and neco?
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Hertheywarlay: 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Elxandre:

This is pathetic!
Thanks bro. Jamb made the schools as reference not that they will use 0'level+jamb result but they will use only UTME. if you check page 30 the candidate that has been given admission (garba Hassan) it is not there that he was given admission through Jamb&0'level.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Elxandre(m): 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hertheywarlay:
Thanks bro. Jamb made the schools as reference not that they will use 0'level+jamb result but they will use only UTME. if you check page 30 the candidate that has been given admission (garba Hassan) it is not there that he was given admission through Jamb&0'level.
That guy got it last year o, not this year.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by pinkygee1: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
these pple re confuse,they don't even known the reason for post utme.the higher institution introduced it becos they lack faith on jamb process, so doing this amount to going back to the bad old days.one the reason parents were crying was because of money high cost not the exam. and nothing was said about the cost.CONFUSED JAMB.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by whitebeard(m): 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
I love this..nice step by FG..nice writeup op
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by McJane(f): 5:00pm On Jul 04, 2016
hmmmm if it were to be that case my is 4+4+4+4+4=20
jamb 253 = 34 + 10 (one sitting)
total = 64 for medicine shocked No way
#bringbackourpostume
God na ur hand I dey!!

1 Like

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by MhizVeronica(f): 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
hmmmmmmmmm read the content wella
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
ashewoboy:

really! So let me take you around. I will hit your mail. Hp you stay in lagos sha?
I'm married o

1 Like

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by ashewoboy(m): 8:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
jordanriverz:
I'm married o

You are only saying that to deter me from wooing you. A picture of you and your husband or adonbilivit.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by olagabriel26: 9:54pm On Jul 04, 2016
That news is fake. Check the site very well that's not jamb site. If the news were to be real news papers would have carried the news. U guys should stop panicking.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Stuntkid172(m): 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
MrTeCO:

abeg which phone you use screenshot this ur image..... it's so damn clean.....
opsson smart phone

1 Like

Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by dreyposh: 11:51pm On Jul 04, 2016
Seuncoded:

please help me to calculate mine jamb 266 neck result all is C
Your point is 61.
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by alabilomo(m): 12:21am On Jul 05, 2016
Pls could someone help calculate for this jamb score of 228, O-level result at single sitting is 3B's, others C. Are they considering all subjects or best five? Thanks
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by embee3(m): 1:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Hmmm. . .
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by akoko11: 1:39am On Jul 05, 2016
Post utme is better than this pattern
Re: The Modalities For 2016/2017 Admission Processes Into Higher Institutions by Nobody: 5:15am On Jul 05, 2016
olagabriel26:
That news is fake. Check the site very well that's not jamb site. If the news were to be real news papers would have carried the news. U guys should stop panicking.

Check this out......

http://thenationonlineng.net/jamb-releases-guidelines-admission/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Female Student 'Ran Mad' While Reading For Exam / Unilag’s Best Student Scores 4.96 CGPA / LAUTECH 2013/2014 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.