Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm (42885 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) / "Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Oblak(m): 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2016
You only succeeded in making me to consider going into Agriculture. I have lots of friends who do similar thing. I will need to plan for it. Thanks for the inspiration
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by KELVIN086: 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2016
osabuohein:
I started my farm in 2013 when I went to the Netherlands for my Master's degree with some money I was able to make working while studying. At first it was not easy I must admit. I started my farm with about 1000 birds. I had a lot more f moralities I won't lie but my dad who also has farm was able to put me through and I learned very fast too.

Today I can even boost of over 7,000 birds (Layers, Broilers, Turkeys and Some Day old chicks as well). I'm also currently constructing a fish pond and starting a tomatoes and onions plantation too. I get a minimum of 300 crates in a day.
Good job sir we rarely see people like you on nairaland ,
But sir my question is how are you able to run this business from Netherlands or do you intend doing it full time here in nigeria and leaving the Netherlands permanently.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by titane: 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
hilaomo:
[size=20pt]who ask for your comment[/size]
asked and not ask. You shouldn't be on the internet, get your ass back to school and learn your materials real good.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 04, 2016
When i told bae i wanted to go into farming she laughed at me,well only time will tell.plus her dumped her stuupid ashy assss

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by scorpa: 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2016
Cool thread
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by amagunnerfan: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pavore9:

You can.
Can you follow back so I can PM you?
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Kandaha: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
osabuohein:
I started my farm in 2013 when I went to the Netherlands for my Master's degree with some money I was able to make working while studying. At first it was not easy I must admit. I started my farm with about 1000 birds. I had a lot more f moralities I won't lie but my dad who also has farm was able to put me through and I learned very fast too.

Today I can even boost of over 7,000 birds (Layers, Broilers, Turkeys and Some Day old chicks as well). I'm also currently constructing a fish pond and starting a tomatoes and onions plantation too. I get a minimum of 300 crates in a day.

Your post is indeed inspiring... can you kindly respond to my PM, Thank you.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 04, 2016
titane:
asked and not ask. You shouldn't be on the internet, get your ass back to school and learn your materials real good.
You no fit differentiate between pidgin and English SIMPLY means!![size=25pt]you are just a cow dude[/size],now correct that Mr.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by omoaminu: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
@Osabuohein, congrats. Am also plannin to set up my own farm. Pls i will nid i to put me thru. Tanks
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
Amazing, and inspiring
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Pavore9: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
amagunnerfan:
Can you follow back so I can PM you?

Send mail to: koboideas@gmail.com
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by MarcusTZ(m): 6:39pm On Jul 04, 2016
Hi, I would like to write an article about your story for my website www.the-africanway.com. could you pm so we could start an interview?

Regards,
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by RealChris(m): 6:50pm On Jul 04, 2016
This is lovely... Op, I love your courage to start it up as someone who even studied outside the country. Some of my folks gives me strange face anytime I talk about farming... I'm encouraged more and more anytime I read success stories like this... God bless.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Fime2000: 6:58pm On Jul 04, 2016
congrat bro, God bless u more and more. Longlive to u an yr business.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by alakara(m): 7:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
Perfecttouch:
is it the same alakara an alumni of kwara poly? Of Qs dept?

NoOoooooooooooooooo
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by iseyinoro(m): 7:27pm On Jul 04, 2016
hilaomo:
guy no be you open thread say you wan contest for Mr nairaland yesterdaySay you dey give talk here and there for netherland...My question now be say,how you take dey run the farm since 2013 and still dey give talk plus still wan compete for Mr NL![size=50pt]Talk true na one of your relative get this farm,probably your popsi own as claimed.[/size]

Oga Hills, leave this man alone or else .... Na your people from Oba Akran to Seriki Aro to that school along Lagos-ibadan expressway dey halla you. Sai Jonathan.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by RUDEBOYY(m): 7:49pm On Jul 04, 2016
I have passion for this... Planning to take a step into it by next. Capital is a problem. Can someone tell me how far 300000 can go in this business.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Emenyk32: 7:56pm On Jul 04, 2016
Bro, u ar made. Keep it up.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by ihejirika: 7:57pm On Jul 04, 2016
Pls I want to invest in poultry as well and I will like you to be my mentor. Am ready to pay for your services. Pls send me your personal contacts so we could talk. Thanks.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 04, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:
PROUDLY NIGER DELTAN...........

EDO...DELTA....BAYELSA....CALABAR....AKWA IBOM......RIVERS..... WE ROCK!!!

FYI:::Ondo suppose dey there oo but we don chase all the Judas comot from our cabad tey tey grin grin grin

Your mates are hustling,trying to make a living in this difficult time,you're here deceiving youreself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Kakamorufu(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2016
osabuohein:
More pictures
wow, a feedmill. Great. I wish to start a poulttry farm tooo, tho am an engineering grad. Can you pls mentor me
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 04, 2016
pedrilo:
nice one! congrats to u, i lost over 2m wen i ventured into fish farming because i did nt learn the rudiments very well, pls be careful on that as farming can go bad if the right skills r nt acquired. thumb up to my fellow esan broda.

Almost every business can go bad if one does not learn the basics. Talkless live fish and birds..

Capital is not the main issue in a business but experience and know how. Sorry for ur loss.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Jessam: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2016
Congratulations, your write up and photographs are testament to your hardwork and more importantly your belief in investing in long term and a constructive business that not only provides employment but also help provide food security for the nation. You have done very well and I know the challenges you have faced in the ast 3 years to get where you are today. Some people on here will just see the sucess and would like to emulate you but they should first ask if they have the heart, desire and a willingness to learn about the business as well as good business practice.

I too ventured into farming and I am happy to introduce Jessam Cattle Ranch and Farms.

Jessam cattle ranch & farms aims to be a major player in the meat industry and help stop the importation of cheap, rotten, chemical induced meat from being dumped in Nigeria, often slowly ruining our health .

Slow and steady jessam will grow to be a strong brand in food industry. We are based in Enugu. Please enjoy photos our farm. We rear livestock including Cattle, pigs, goats, poultry, ducks. We also process palm oil too. Feel free to place your orders 08032455430 or 09099020582.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bid-kzzS5qQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBO2lDwb_qI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0UqV1rQQg

2 Likes

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by atuagbo: 9:06pm On Jul 04, 2016
Today I can even boost of over 7,000 birds (Layers, Broilers, Turkeys and Some Day old chicks as well). I'm also currently constructing a fish pond and starting a tomatoes and onions plantation too. I get a minimum of 300 crates in a day. [/quote]

Sorry, you aren't the owner of the farm. To have minimum of 300 crates daily, you must have 10,000 birds doing 90% production efficiency daily. HYPE.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jul 04, 2016
Here is the economic diversification we are talking about .

Last poster ^^^ i tot as much too.

Less than 7,000 layers doing above 9,000. But i picked the positive sides..

1 Like

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 04, 2016
RUDEBOYY:
I have passion for this... Planning to take a step into it by next.
Capital is a problem.
Can someone tell me how far 300000 can go in this business.
of course but I'll suggest you start small. That way you'll know the business and that way your losses will not be much.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 04, 2016
lanre2009:
From the pictures i can see that you formulate your feed yourself, how profitable is this compared to buying already made feeds in the market. From how many layers do you get 300 crates (300 x 30 eggs = 9,000 eggs per day). Do some of the birds lay more than once in a day??

. Very profitable. But the only problem is that I have to buy maize which I used in the production from the North which are very expensive transporting them back. But I recently met some from Kogi who supplies me maize.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 04, 2016
dadebayo1:
Wow.. Thumbs up to you sir. Can you be my mentor sir
why not boss. What would you like to know?
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jul 04, 2016
FakeNEWSevryday:
Why u no tell u the startup capital u used?
500k bro.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2016
mrarranger:
Wow this is amazing.....

Bro I have always thought about going into poultry but the financial aspect has always been my problem. How far will a budget of 40k take me in the farming
it could take you somewhere. Your management skills is what matters.
Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2016
sameniceguy:

Wow...Nice one Bro. I am starting something like this in phc though on a low key (500 beds). Opps please can i will like to get information needed from u. How can i reach you bro.
Please reach me on 08037100687
I'm based in the Netherlands and so can't get to you now. But that idea of yours is a wonderful idea.

1 Like

Re: Investing In Agriculture Is Never A Waste. Pictures Of My Farm by slimthugchimee(m): 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2016
osabuohein:
it could take you somewhere. Your management skills is what matters.
nive bro, am following you till eternity...at this moment your my mentor, i plan on setting up this business after my graduation an NYSC then i can manage it and also be doing my masters and then pre-degree...

please i like you educate us on the risk and problem yoy went through before it became this huge

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayemi Inaugurates Egbeja Snail Village In Okemesi Ekiti / Kano Farmers Cultivate Tomatoes In 'Made-In-Turkey' Sysytem / We Killed A Very Dangerous Viper Snake In The Farm.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.