Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

THIS WAS YOUR LIFE - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / THIS WAS YOUR LIFE (1047 Views)

Retracted / Should You Break Up With Your Boyfriend After Giving Your Life To Christ? / Always Put God First In Your Life ( Tithing ) - By Zac Poonen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Recognise: 10:33pm On Sep 07, 2009
[flash=770,570]http://media.chick.com/tract_1.swf[/flash]
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Sep 08, 2009
@Recognise,

I thank God for your expertise and computer know how that could bring this gospel truth to life.  The contents of this booklet summarises the gospel truth.  God bless you richly.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:12am On Sep 10, 2009
I hope people read this booklet before it becomes too late. Click on the bottom right corner of the picture so that you can see what is hidden inside.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Recognise: 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
@OP
User Instruction - UI . . .

Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by jagunlabi(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
I did read it,or more like flipped through it,and what came to my mind was,what if this judging god is allah?That would mean that all you christians are toast.No?Whether you were good person on earth or would count for absolutely nothing to this god.You were a christian and not a muslim so in the fire you go!A nasty god,is "he" not?.
Pathetic book trying the usual pathetic scare tactic.The "comic" is more like a scare tactic for children.Amazing that you guys are still using this totally played out tactic to scare people into believing what you believe.You all need to get more creative and try something new and different. grin
OLAADEGBU:

I hope people read this booklet before it becomes too late. Click on the bottom right corner of the picture so that you can see what is hidden inside.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Recognise: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Jagunlabi:

I did read it,or more like flipped through it, . . .

Pathetic book trying the usual pathetic scare tactic.

The "comic" is more like a scare tactic for children.

. . .  still using this totally played out tactic to scare people into believing what you believe.

You all need to get more creative and try something new and different. grin

@Jagunlabi

- Jags, my friend smiley

grin grin "Iwo ti giran!" literally means "You're already a toughened & hardened cookie"

Its obviously going to take more than a scare shock tactic to snare a fish like you smiley

Patience is a virtue . . .

Watch out for the signs and wonder that is going to get the better of your curiousity smiley
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by richjohn1(m): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2009
I hope you guys still have brains upstairs? what is all this judgement nonsense am hearing is god out there to witch-hunt us? Is he out there with a big club waiting for us to sin so he can hit us? what kind of thing is this.

It's wrong to admire a woman again abi? All these things are rubbish, the word "sin" I dont understand but I know what is good and what is bad. undecided
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Recognise: 3:07pm On Sep 10, 2009
Rich_john:

. . .  What is all this judgement nonsense am hearing is god out there to witch-hunt us?

Is he out there with a big club waiting for us to sin so he can hit us?

What kind of thing is this.

It's wrong to admire a woman again abi?

All these things are rubbish,

the word "sin" I dont understand but I know what is good and what is bad. undecided

@Rich_john

It's wrong to admire a woman again abi? you asked

Where are you referencing that from?

There is a fine line alright when admiration slides over to lust . . .

If you dont know, you better ask somebody

It aint gonna do you no good rubbishing just because you dont know or understand

"I know what is good and what is bad" you said

Yeah? By whose standards? Yours? . . .  grin

You made me chuckle
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by richjohn1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
@recognise
Don't chuckle think whether its rational to send someone to hell for ETERNITY because of the way he lived 70 years or so, some dont even live up to that.

That story is a stupid story I read that track when I was 6 YEARS old and it didnt make sense at all
Why will god not let someone enjoy what he he has laboured for for years, he only enjoys sending people to hell and having vegeance. Pls conscience tells you when someone is good/bad.

Keep your judgement threat to yourself
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Recognise: 4:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
Rich_john:

@Recognise

Don't chuckle

think whether its rational to send someone to hell for ETERNITY

because of the way he lived 70 years or so, some dont even live up to that.

That story is a stupid story I read that track

when I was 6 YEARS old and it didnt make sense at all

Why will god not let someone enjoy what he he has laboured for for years,

he only enjoys sending people to hell and having vegeance. P

ls conscience tells you when someone is good/bad.

Keep your judgement threat to yourself

@Rich_john

"That story is a stupid story . . . " you said

This is like the

"Pesin wey see poison, but no wan gree instead hin dey insist the ting be vegetable"

grin The rationale you queried.

The same way EVE rationalised. Yeah?

"Hmm, it looks good to the eyes, would make one wise, and its good for food" she reasoned

LUST of the EYES, PRIDE of LIFE & LUST of the FLESH - SIN encapsulated grin

Alas the futility of the conscience, and its ability to discern what is good or bad

Ah! If you do the right thing, at the right time whilst been on GOD's right side

you'll have eternity to enjoy the fruits of your labour smiley

Mind you years is miniscule compared to eternity

"He only enjoys sending people to hell and having vegeance" you also said

Oh no on the contrary He doesnt enjoy it the least, God is hurting

That is why its often said, He is long suffering in silence.

He is not looking forward to the day of judgement

because of not wanting to bear seeing peeps sentenced to hell

Whether you like the tune or not

God is a Judge, there will be a day of reckoning

[center]While I thought I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die, the wrong way.[/center]
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by jagunlabi(m): 1:06pm On Sep 11, 2009
You think you christians can be creative enough to snare someone like me?I seriously doubt it.The very essence of a true christian is stagnation in creativity.
Back to the stupid comic and it's content,if this judging "god" is that butcher in the OT,i would've told the angel to take me directly to the lake of fire and spare me the agony of being in the presence of a maniac.Hellfire is a far better option than an eternity of ass kissing of a despotic,cosmic psychopath like this OT god.
Recognise:

@Jagunlabi

- Jags, my friend smiley

grin grin "Iwo ti giran!" literally means "You're already a toughened & hardened cookie"

Its obviously going to take more than a scare shock tactic to snare a fish like you smiley

Patience is a virtue . . .

Watch out for the signs and wonder that is going to get the better of your curiousity smiley

Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by mazaje(m): 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

You think you christians can be creative enough to snare someone like me?I seriously doubt it.The very essence of a true christian is stagnation in creativity.
Back to the stupid comic and it's content,if this judging "god" is that butcher in the OT,i would've told the angel to take me directly to the lake of fire and spare me the agony of being in the presence of a maniac.Hellfire is a far better option than an eternity of ass kissing of a despotic,cosmic psychopath like this OT god.

To the ancient jews. . .yahweh was just like them but a stronger version of themselves. . .

Isa63:1Who is this who comes from Edom, from the city of Bozrah, with his clothing stained red? Who is this in royal robes, marching in the greatness of his strength? "It is I, the LORD, announcing your salvation! It is I, the LORD, who is mighty to save!" 
Isa 63:2 Why are your clothes so red, as if you have been treading out grapes? 
Isa 63:3 "I have trodden the winepress alone; no one was there to help me. In my anger I have trampled my enemies as if they were grapes. In my fury I have trampled my foes. It is their blood that has stained my clothes. 
Isa 63:4 For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors. 
Isa 63:5 I looked, but no one came to help my people. I was amazed and appalled at what I saw. So I executed vengeance alone; unaided, I passed down judgment.  Isa 63:6 I crushed the nations in my anger and made them stagger and fall to the ground." 

Imagine yahweh boasting and gloating how he killed people and their blood stained his cloth grin grin. . .I wonder if yahweh wears cloths made of cotton,silk or nylon. . . . .Yahweh was also boasting that he did all the killings alone without any help from anybody grin.

I wonder why people still believe in this stupid, nonsense and childish myths of ancient jews. . . .

@OP

You scare tactics is a way too juvenile and lame. . . try something else. . . .
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2009
^^majaze

For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors

did you overlook this part?

you prefer a lovey dovey God who wouldnt hurt a fly, right?
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by mazaje(m): 3:03pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

^^majaze

did you overlook this part?

you prefer a lovey dovey God who wouldnt hurt a fly, right?

The whole tale is just so silly. . .I wonder why a god that was alleged to have created the whole universe will go around boasting about killing people alone and gloating about their blood staining his cloth. . .There are so many parts of the bible where the bible god tells people to go and kill others for no reason at all. . . .and in some cases for very trivial reasons like the other people worshiping other gods or because their land is flowing with milk and honey. . . . .
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2009
mazaje:

The whole tale is just so silly. . .I wonder why a god that was alleged to have created the whole universe will go around boasting about killing people alone and gloating about their blood staining his cloth. . .There are so many parts of the bible where the bible god tells people to go and kill others for no reason at all. . . .and in some cases for very trivial reasons like the other people worshiping other gods or because their land is flowing with milk and honey. . . . .

For the time has come for me to avenge my people, to ransom them from their oppressors

shouldnt you be asking yourself why the people need to be avenged and also noting the word oppressors.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by mazaje(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

shouldnt you be asking yourself why the people need to be avenged and also noting the word oppressors.

That makes it more silly. . .the entire story reeks of myth. . . .The ancient jews just believe that their god was a more poweul version of them. . . he hated everything they hated and liked what ever they like,their enemies were his enemies. . .he boast and gloats like them, shows off his cloths soaked with the blood of their enemies, shouts and screams when he is killing people(as recored in the book of jeremiah) etc. . .this tale is just too ridiculous. . .so the only way their god can avenge them is by soaking his cloth with the blood of their oppressor and boasting that he did it alone?
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2009
mazaje:

That makes it more silly. . .the entire story reeks of myth. . . .The ancient jews just believe that their god was a more poweul version of them. . . he hated everything they hated and liked what ever they like,their enemies were his enemies. . .he boast and gloats like them, shows off his cloths soaked with the blood of their enemies, shouts and screams when he is killing people(as recored in the book of jeremiah) etc. . .this tale is just too ridiculous. . .so the only way their god can avenge them is by soaking his cloth with the blood of their oppressor and boasting that he did it alone?

so given the law of nature which is you reap what you sow, what other remedies would you suggest in place of vengeance?
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by mazaje(m): 3:53pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

so given the law of nature which is you reap what you sow, what other remedies would you suggest in place of vengeance?

Vengeance is not really the problem here. . . . I am just pointing out the fact that the ancient jews believed that their god was a stronger version of them. . .and they invoke his name in battles or when they are in trouble. . .He was always there to help them and he always behaves like them. . . that was the point I was making. . .It is completely absurd that the creator of the universe as we know it will come and be fighting with humans and boast about kiling them and soaking his cloth with their blood grin grin, boasting that he did it alone. . . .this story is ridiculous. . .

Psa21:8You will capture all your enemies. Your strong right hand will seize all those who hate you
Psa 21:9 You will destroy them as in a flaming furnace when you appear. The LORD will consume them in his anger; fire will devour them. 
Psa 21:10 You will wipe their children from the face of the earth; they will never have descendants
Psa 21:11 Although they plot against you, their evil schemes will never succeed
Psa 21:12 For they will turn and run when they see your arrows aimed at them.

The passage above gives you an idea of how the anceint jews believed their god was. . . to them he was just a stonger version of them. . . they even believe that people can plot evil schemes against their god and harm him. . .In other passages their god has a nose and complains that the burning sacrifies they offer to other gods irritates his nose. . . .
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2009
^^ once again, check out these key words:

enemies

those who hate you

they plot against you

devise wicked schemes

At the time of your appearing- first part of vs 9 which you conveniently left out

like a typical atheist/satanist, you're picking, quoting and twisting words to suit your purpose.

anyway, you still didnt answer the question: what would be your own alternative for nature's law of sowing and reaping?

and if you're not an ancient jew then why worry about them so much?
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by mazaje(m): 4:54pm On Sep 11, 2009
tpia.:

^^ once again, check out these key words:

enemies

those who hate you

they plot against you

devise wicked schemes

I find it absurd that the ancient jews believed that people can plot against their god and harm him. . . isn't that outlandish. . . they claim their god created the universe yet they still believe that people can plot against him and harm him. . .mythology at its best. . . .

At the time of your appearing- first part of vs 9 which you conveniently left out

What did i leave out?

like a typical atheist/satanist, you're picking, quoting and twisting words to suit your purpose.

I am not twisting any thing. . .they said those that plot evil against their god and try to harm him will fail. . .

anyway, you still didnt answer the question: what would be your own alternative for nature's law of sowing and reaping?

Natures sowing and reaping is very different from the supposed creator and force behind the entire universe fighting battles with men and boasting that he killed them all alone and that his cloth is soaked with their blood. . . .this is just too absurd. . .Where was he when Hitler was killing 6 million of his chosen men? Where was he when the romans destroyed jerusalem in AD 70 and dstroyed the jewish temple. . .

and if you're not an ancient jew then why worry about them so much?

Are you an ancient jew? . . . I just find it absurd that people will accept the mythologies of ancient jews as facts. . . .while disregarding their own mythologies. . .
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2009
majaze

I'm not interested in running circles with you.

as for people disbelieving their own mythologies, are you not aware of the various threads on NL discussing Oduduwa and other legends? You may not know who Oduduwa is but do some research then come back to prove your point.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Mudley313: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
majaze

I'm not interested in running circles with you.

as for people disbelieving their own mythologies, are you not aware of the various threads on NL discussing Oduduwa and other legends? You may not know who Oduduwa is but do some research then come back to prove your point.

smh at u defending jewish folklore with all ur might when they most probably would consider u less than them at best

as fela talk am kolometality
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by Nobody: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2009
Mudley313:

smh at u defending jewish folklore with all your might when they most probably would consider u less than them at best

as fela talk am kolometality

oversabi no go wound you.

Oduduwa is now Jewish or are you typing while drunk.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
"God is Love, but also a Judge"
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by jagunlabi(m): 12:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

"God is Love, but also a Judge"
And also a maniacal psychopathic demon gone berserk.I am sorry that i have to be the one to tell you this,olaadegbu,YOUR GOD IS UGLY AND REPULSIVE.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by richjohn1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2009
@olaadegbu
And the best way to judge one is send one to a burning hell for eternity? and you think thats rational ehnn,
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
jagunlabi:

And also a maniacal psychopathic demon gone berserk.I am sorry that i have to be the one to tell you this,olaadegbu,YOUR GOD IS UGLY AND REPULSIVE.

My God is a consuming fire.  Repent before it is too late.
Re: THIS WAS YOUR LIFE by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
rich_john:

@olaadegbu
And the best way to judge one is send one to a burning hell for eternity? and you think thats rational ehnn,

It is better to take advantage of His Love now after death is the fearful judgment, no more mercy, so don't be deceived by him that flatters.

(1) (Reply)

How My Pastor Raped My 14-year-old Daughter And Aborted Her Pregnancy / Holiness Required For Heaven / HEROES OF FAITH - An Ispirational Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.