Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work (11746 Views)

Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment / Men Are Subject To Sexual Harassment At Work More Often Than We Think!!! / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2016
jpmorgan003:

online stores... you know them, i cant mention names make i no chop ban. But am sure you know the online stores that are popular in naija.
ok,thanks will check them out
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2016
Fit2Rule:

Online stores will help.
**winks**
Your beauteousness is divine.
Ahhhhhhhhh! Please this ain't sexual harassment oo.
thanks
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Emeka71(m): 7:49am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:

Taking the legal route is such a waste of time in this country, plus the victimization. Na needle and pin sure pass grin
Yes that is true but I still think fighting the person is not a good idea; you can rather settle peacefully with the person.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by udyheart01(m): 7:56am On Jul 05, 2016
ladyF:

Taking the legal route is such a waste of time in this country, plus the victimization. Na needle and pin sure pass grin
I Fear You wink
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by smartn09(m): 8:04am On Jul 05, 2016
Jobabori:
The OP forget to include indecent dressing by women which exposes their boobs, laps, shapes of their bottoms, etc and ungodly acts like carelessly sitting in order to reveal their pants and bra as part of the causes. In reality women engaged in form of sexual harassment in work places than men but they are always the one to cry victim. Since it is easier for them to lure men into the act and men seem to delight in it, this suggests the reason why will do not here men complaining. Women are more likely guilty of this harassment than men.
l think this should call for a debate on this topic " who are the causes of sexual harassment in the society? Well, the OP made a point but then , in an intelligent aspect of it, non of those points are valid /necessary. Any wise person can handle sex advances from an opposite sex without causing a rift in between ie you can decline sexual demand while you maintain a good relationship worthy of keeping with the very person. And for the whole truth as ladies , stop accepting unexpected gift from those you think that will demand sexual gratification. It's a common principle that should be penned down always.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2016
alphamodel1:
We guys get harassed too, help us cry
Yes, guys get sexually harassed too.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by neocortex: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2016
Jobabori:
The OP forget to include indecent dressing by women which exposes their boobs, laps, shapes of their bottoms, etc and ungodly acts like carelessly sitting in order to reveal their pants and bra as part of the causes. In reality women engaged in form of sexual harassment in work places than men but they are always the one to cry victim. Since it is easier for them to lure men into the act and men seem to delight in it, this suggests the reason why will do not here men complaining. Women are more likely guilty of this harassment than men.
Are you so confused to not know if you are being harassed or "delighted" ?
Stop giving excuses for abusers, report if you are harassed , it is as simple
as that.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Taiyescott(m): 8:16am On Jul 05, 2016
Ladies shey una don hear? dnt give in 2 ur boss advances stupidly jex cox u dnt wnt 2 loss ur job. B wise.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2016
mccoy47:
Lovely thread. But unfortunately most of dis sexual harassment ish happens in companies where d is d sole owner.
Not really. Most people don't know what is sexual harassment. .I witnessed one yesterday at my office (a multinational coy) and warned the guy to stop harassing the female colleague sexually. He was like, "I have not inserted into her na"..A lot of people think sexual harassment starts when you have had Sex with the victim.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2016
cidy123:
Tanks, this can go a long way in helping my babe.....
I am glad to have helped. You and your babe can visit my career blog regularly for career tips, development and career advice via www.careercrew..com

You can also follow me on twitter for more info on career prospects . Check my profile for my twitter handle. ...I follow back once you follow..
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 8:23am On Jul 05, 2016
ivylyn:
Most often that not, it is ogas at the top who feel they are untouchable that sexually harass their staffs.... So in a case where the person one could have reported to is the same person carrying out the act, what can be done?
Once you have concrete evidence against your boss, you can report the issue to HR, senior management or take a legal suit and sue for damages.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by lexyman(m): 8:24am On Jul 05, 2016
cekhoe:
Where can one get those camera glasses and audio wrist watches you talked about in this naija?

Contact me If you need one , glasses , pen , wrist watch , even frame with hidden camera
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by princeBlack77(m): 8:30am On Jul 05, 2016
cekhoe:
Where can one get those camera glasses and audio wrist watches you talked about in this naija?
contact me if you need it
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 8:36am On Jul 05, 2016
Emeka71:
Why is the issue of harassment only tailored towards the girls because of a truth boys also get harassed by female HRS and female lecturers.
No sir, the article is written to assist both male and female victims
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Jobabori(m): 8:45am On Jul 05, 2016
neocortex:

Are you so confused to not know if you are being harassed or "delighted" ?
Stop giving excuses for abusers, report if you are harassed , it is as simple
as that.
Comprehension problem. " men seem to be delighted.. ". Meaning of " seem" in that post my friend.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by neocortex: 8:53am On Jul 05, 2016
Jobabori:

Comprehension problem. " men seem to be delighted.. ". Meaning of " seem" in that post my friend.
Why then are you blaming women ?
You aren't sure of your premises, yet you based your conclusion on it.
You should learn to make comments without fear.

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by neocortex: 8:59am On Jul 05, 2016
smartn09:
l think this should call for a debate on this topic " who are the causes of sexual harassment in the society? Well, the OP made a point but then , in an intelligent aspect of it, non of those points are valid /necessary. Any wise person can handle sex advances from an opposite sex without causing a rift in between ie you can decline sexual demand while you maintain a good relationship worthy of keeping with the very person. And for the whole truth as ladies , stop accepting unexpected gift from those you think that will demand sexual gratification. It's a common principle that should be penned down always.

This is totally false and you know it. Whenever the balance of power is tilted against the victim,
it is either he/she gives in or give way. What many people consider as "wisdom" in this case is
actually a ticking time bomb. Persistent perverts will have their way or get you out of the way.
So the idea of "not causing rift" happens only in ideal situation.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Jobabori(m): 9:19am On Jul 05, 2016
neocortex:

Why then are you blaming women ?
You aren't sure of your premises, yet you based your conclusion on it.
You should learn to make comments without fear.
The word "seem" is more appropriate as I did not cite any research finding to confirm it. It is a tentative assumption I expect a learned person to understand. Even the whole thread was based on the same assumption as the OP did not conduct a study to establish the topic. I did not blame women for any misconduct, I only showed the one sidedness of the OP on the issue under discussion.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by tartarus(m): 9:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Jobabori:
The OP forget to include indecent dressing by women which exposes their boobs, laps, shapes of their bottoms, etc and ungodly acts like carelessly sitting in order to reveal their pants and bra as part of the causes. In reality women engaged in form of sexual harassment in work places than men but they are always the one to cry victim.[b]Since it is easier for them to lure men into the act[/b]and men seem to delight in it, this suggests the reason why will do not here men complaining. Women are more likely guilty of this harassment than men.

How does a woman's dressing harass men? Just listen to yourself. Pervert undecided

Define sexual harassment sef? sad
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by brimoknight(m): 10:06am On Jul 05, 2016
Wait ooo,..... D guys ever face sexual Harassment?
No! They don't, instead its an opportunity to show their prowess. Av never head of a guy reporting a case of sexual harassment! Take it or leave it, in-short you must take it ni ooo
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Franky826: 10:20am On Jul 05, 2016
countsparrow:
Odiegwu....
so this girl has been sexually harassing me since

She wears tight skirt to work and she makes sure she catwalks in front of me, winks at me, and says lewd words to me, although i enjoy it, but but... because of her now, i have resorted to wearing tight pant so my poroski doesnt show when i get called or need to stand up for anything...

Oga if na sexual harassment how your poroski take stand? if I heard you well you said you liked it undecided

Oga ooo for your info na only time matter you go fall yakata. it's not in your actions but in your mind and it grows like cancer.

I hope you get to open a thread when you fall cheesy
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by Themandator: 12:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
careercrew1:
Hello everyone, in response to the thread on sexual harassment being experienced by a nairalander via https://www.nairaland.com/3191818/how-handle-work-place-sexual#46991541 I have written an article that will educate most people (especially Ladies) on what to do whenever they are being sexually harassed in the office.

http://careercrew..com.ng/2016/07/ways-to-deal-with-sexual-harassment-at.html

cc; estherfaith lalasticlala seun ishilove

If your harassment is from HRM nkor?
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by careercrew1: 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
Themandator:

If your harassment is from HRM nkor?
If the harassment is from a staff of hr then you can report him to the HR manager, if the harassment is from the HR manager, then report to the management of HR as there are laid down policies to protect staff from sexual harassment.. You can still report the HR manager to the senior management too.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by evergreen200088(m): 11:44am On Jul 06, 2016
Hello am Emmy by name, Any woman who need a guy for sex should call my number 08139602946 one things I know about myself I will Bleep you hard Till you are satisfy..My dick is 6'1 hope to hear from those ladies who love sex so much... Have a wonderful time... Less I forget I base in lagos..around satelite, festac area.
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by ayooladee(f): 5:04pm On Jul 06, 2016
ychris:
op, this ur write up get k leg jor... sue,inform hr which is d one carryng out the obnoxious act(u won lose d job btht). btw lalas.ticlala i thnk u've gottn a proffered solution to those gyals crushng you here and there on #land(ur place of wrk) esp. b.erlyn.
isit a crime to crush on someone undecided angry

Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by ychris: 5:55pm On Jul 06, 2016
ayooladee:
isit a crime to crush on someone undecided angry
princess,
ah never said that now. bt btw ar u crushing on me or lala too? grin
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by ayooladee(f): 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2016
ychris:
princess,
ah never said that now. bt btw ar u crushing on me or lala too? grin
i'm crushing on lala thats the good news cool
Re: Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work by ychris: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2016
ayooladee:
i'm crushing on lala thats the good news cool
humn me no fyn abi?...e be lyk say mesef go seek for nl. s.mod post now. cool wht abt dat? u go crush me? grin hunmm? cool)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Technicians Better Than Engineers In Nigeria? / Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.